Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893295 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by empron(m): 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2023
Abdul111:
I earlier scanned the car and this was what the scanner showed, I don’t know if it’s my constant use of AC these past few days that caused the battery to develop issue
There is a component inside the battery pack but they don't sell it alone,you have to change the total pack budget 300k or thereabouts
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Abdul111: 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
empron:
There is a component inside the battery pack but they don't sell it alone,you have to change the total pack budget 300k or thereabouts
boss, can I pm you? I’d like to call you 🙏🏻
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2023
fineboynl:
my mechanic cut my abs cable my mistake. My abs light came on. After I bought Chinese abs replacement the abs light when off. But right now the brake pedal vibrate one kind at times when you step on it. I have bleed the brake several time, even replace hydraulic fluid, yesterday i did another complete flash with a more expensive colored hydraulic fluid still didn’t work.could this be the abs?

Vibration and force feedback from pedal when brake is applied means you need new brake rotors.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2023
nurey:

Vibration and force feedback from pedal when brake is applied means you need new brake rotors.
He didn't state at what speed and driving conditions.
Could be the ABS too.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2023
nurey:

thanks

Several people already suggested that. But that is a costly repair for now.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2023
fineboynl:
thanks

Several people already suggested that. But that is a costly repair for now.

To buy car easy to maintain am nah him be wahala.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by empron(m): 3:49pm On Oct 26, 2023
Abdul111:
boss, can I pm you? I’d like to call you 🙏🏻
WhatsApp bro 08052726390
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:22am On Oct 27, 2023
fineboynl:
my mechanic cut my abs cable my mistake. My abs light came on. After I bought Chinese abs replacement the abs light when off. But right now the brake pedal vibrate one kind at times when you step on it. I have bleed the brake several time, even replace hydraulic fluid, yesterday i did another complete flash with a more expensive colored hydraulic fluid still didn’t work.could this be the abs?

The ABS cable that was installed for is of inferior quality, remove the new ABS cable & replace with a tokunbo, even if it's the one that has to joined, the pulsating will stop
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 9:52am On Oct 27, 2023
luvinhubby:

The ABS cable that was installed for is of inferior quality, remove the new ABS cable & replace with a tokunbo, even if it's the one that has to joined, the pulsating will stop
I didn’t see tokunbo.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Obidikejr(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2023
KingRex1:

Baba drive the car with a good mechanic who has a scanner. if the gear, engine, legs and electricals are good, pls go for it.
I bought mine with a replaced engine and it has never given me an issue till date
Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Sagaciousd1: 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2023
My 2008 honda accord (v4) jacks violently when my car changes gears. It does this also when about driving after few hours of parking.

I have changed engine seats, fuel pump and it's still the same. Though, the car moves well after the jack.

I also scanned (see attached) but still dunno what to do

What could be wrong ..kindly advise

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rajman45(m): 5:11am On Oct 28, 2023
Good morning all,
How much will it cost to replace master brake for DC 2006?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alaricsaltzman: 8:55am On Oct 28, 2023
Fixed
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alaricsaltzman: 9:29am On Oct 28, 2023
Gotten
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 11:21am On Oct 28, 2023
alaricsaltzman:
Please who has O2 ṣensor wrench/socket in Lagos?

My honda crv has an a/f sensor error code and I've bought a replacement.

But the problem is mechanics here don't have the socket so it's hard to remove it from the engine.

And my fuel dey burn steady. Help somebody

Cc: luvinhubby
Your normal 22" 'flat by ring spanners' should work it out.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alaricsaltzman: 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2023
jceesquare:

Your normal 22" 'flat by ring spanners' should work it out.

The way the sensor is built, it can't.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2023
Car is 2007 Honda Accord with V6.
Problem is rough 1-2 upshift. Every other shift is smooth as butter. No check engine or transmission error light on the instrument cluster.
Engine seat are not in best conditions.
Could the engine seat be the problem? Or is something wrong with the gearbox? Please I need help.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Obidikejr(m): 12:48am On Oct 29, 2023
Hello bosses in the house.

I'm about to buy a car. Noticed a few things.

1. The steering isnt smooth enough. Has a stiff turn. I won't enjoy driving it this way atall. I'm used to light steering and easy turning of the wheel.

2. The AC really pulls at the engine especially when moving from a stop.

This is a Honda Accord 2009.

I understand I'm buying a Nigerian used car and it won't be nearly 100% perfect. But are this things fixable and not cause regret if I proceed further to purchase the car.

Also noticed the vehicle paper has expired way back in 2016 (same time the custom duty was done). According to the dealer, the person has been using the car in the core north (where all this uniform people don't trouble them) so didn't see need to renew the vehicle papers. What do you think ?

Appreciate your thought on this too
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Obidikejr(m): 12:52am On Oct 29, 2023
nurey:

Hello boss.

I'm about this buy a car. Noticed a few things.

1. The steering isnt smooth enough. Has a stiff turn. I won't enjoy driving it this way atall. I'm used to light steering and easy turning of the wheel.

I understand I'm buying a Nigerian used car and it won't be nearly 100% perfect. But are this things fixable and not cause regret if I proceed further to purchase the car.

Also noticed the vehicle paper has expired way back in 2016 (same time the custom duty was done). According to the dealer, the person has been using the car in the core north (where all this uniform people don't trouble them) so didn't see need to renew the vehicle papers. What do you think ?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Obidikejr(m): 12:52am On Oct 29, 2023
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 4:00am On Oct 29, 2023
Obidikejr:

Hello boss.

I'm about this buy a car. Noticed a few things.

1. The steering assembly is faulty you will need to inspect find the culprit and fix

2. The compressor in the vehicle may be the manual type

3. If nah lagos plate you will pay for those years you didn't renew so put in mind to get a new plate in ur name.

Above all your mechanic should tell you cost to fix all the problems you see and advice you accordingly on a fair price to pay for the vehicle
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alaricsaltzman: 6:10am On Oct 29, 2023
Do you recommend total coolant for honda crv 2010?

Or what other cheaper coolant do you recommend?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2023
alaricsaltzman:
Do you recommend total coolant for honda crv 2010?

Or what other cheaper coolant do you recommend?

Total coolant is okay, if you can afford the pink color better than the green color
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cmoney22222: 7:56am On Oct 29, 2023
empron:
there is an issue with your DC-DC not working properly on your dashboard do you notice any red battery light?get a multimeter confirm the 12v battery if it is charging properly.

Sir empron
sir mayor2013
Sir nurey
Sir chillex

I am having an issue with my charging system. My battery does go beyond 12.70 when car is on, thus I think the alternator is not charging the battery but when I put on Acc and head light , it begins to charge . The multimeter reads 13-14 but when I off the loads, it reduces to 12.6. Sometimes the car just don’t start again. What can be the issue pls. Rewire tested alternator to be okay and battery isn’t up to 1 year. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alaricsaltzman: 8:09am On Oct 29, 2023
nurey:

Total coolant is okay, if you can afford the pink color better than the green color
Which brand uses the pink colour?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2023
alaricsaltzman:

Which brand uses the pink colour?

The orange coloured bottle with green color coolant has been in existence since ages. They made improvement by bringing out coolant HTX or something like that.

Buy the pink type one with white plastic container cause of the type of vehicle you drive.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 8:24am On Oct 29, 2023
cmoney22222:

Sir empron
sir mayor2013
Sir nurey
Sir chillex

I am having an issue with my charging system. My battery does go beyond 12.70 when car is on, thus I think the alternator is not charging the battery but when I put on Acc and head light , it begins to charge . The multimeter reads 13-14 but when I off the loads, it reduces to 12.6. Sometimes the car just don’t start again. What can be the issue pls. Rewire tested alternator to be okay and battery isn’t up to 1 year. Thanks

Let the rewire test the alternator, it may have partial contact or not too good again
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Obidikejr(m): 11:43am On Oct 29, 2023
nurey:

1. The steering assembly is faulty you will need to inspect find the culprit and fix

2. The compressor in the vehicle may be the manual type

3. If nah lagos plate you will pay for those years you didn't renew so put in mind to get a new plate in ur name.

Above all your mechanic should tell you cost to fix all the problems you see and advice you accordingly on a fair price to pay for the vehicle

It's a Lagos plate. But I am in abuja. So is the car.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alaricsaltzman: 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2023
nurey:

The orange coloured bottle with green color coolant has been in existence since ages. They made improvement by bringing out coolant HTX or something like that.

Buy the pink type one with white plastic container cause of the type of vehicle you drive.

Oh, you mean total right?

Yeah. I don't think they sell the orange one agains sef.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
cmoney22222:

Sir empron
sir mayor2013
Sir nurey
Sir chillex

What car is this?
Newer cars don't dish out continuous 14v like older cars unless there's a demand for it (like your full beam and other power hungry accessories).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by XPaul: 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2023
Hi all,

I use Honda Accord 2010 Euro. I have two issues I need assistance with from

1. I recently experienced an A/C issue. I took my car to the carwash and they did a full wash (including the engine). After the wash, my A/C does not get cool/cold like before. It just blows air.

2. I changed my gear on 19 October 2023. My transition is smooth. However, whenever I accelerate quickly and then come to a stop due to traffic or cars ahead slowing down, I experience difficult accelerate back until I change my gear to Reverse (it then jerks) and then change back to Drive (it jerks again). It is barely two weeks that I changed the gear completely and the mechanic said I should give it like two weeks. I have mentioned it to the mechanic that changed the gear but I want other opinion on what could be wrong.

Does anyone have any understanding of what I am experiencing in both situations.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cmoney22222: 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2023
2014 Honda Accord
jceesquare:

What car is this?
Newer cars don't dish out continuous 14v like older cars unless there's a demand for it (like your full beam and other power hungry accessories).

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.