Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun (7677 Views)

APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others / Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election / Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by mukina2: 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2012
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has won 19 out of the 20 local government seats in last Saturday’s local government polls in Ogun State.

The development came, even as the state independent electoral commission absolved itself of blame in not having the name of former President Olusegun Obasanjo on the voter register.

The Chairman of the State Independent Electoral Commission, Risiqat Ogunfemi, who announced the results at the commission’s headquarters in Abeokuta on Sunday, said it was apparent that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was yet to rectify the anomaly recorded in the register during the last general elections in 2011.

As at the time of this report, the ACN had won 19 local governments with remaining one, Imeko-Afon local government result withheld. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) won eight wards out of the 365 wards announced.

The PDP won councillorship seat at ward 9 in Ikenne, ward 8 and 10 in Ijebu East council area.

Also, the party won at ward 2, Agosasa and Ajegunle. The Peoples Party of Nigeria won only at ward 6 in Ijebu East.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/23/acn-wins-19-lga-in-ogun/
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Olaone1: 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
Landslide
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
People will come now and say the election was free and fair because it was ACN that won. Had it been PDP now, people would have said that it was rigged.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by nonesense: 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
mukina2:

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/23/acn-wins-19-lga-in-ogun/
people's eye don open..PDP don fall yakata grin grin
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Okijajuju1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
afam4eva: People will come now and say the election was free and fair because it was ACN that won. Had it been PDP now, people would have said that it was rigged.

Well said my brother, well said..

Like the Igbos would do if its APGA in the East!!
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

Exactly.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by ifihearam: 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
afam4eva: People will come now and say the election was free and fair because it was ACN that won. Had it been PDP now, people would have said that it was rigged.

Tinubu is a master rigger na
Highly trained
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by OjujuCalabar(m): 3:13pm On Jul 23, 2012
master riggers on the move grin
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by alaoeri: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2012
Same 'll happen if PDP is the sitting governor.

1 Like

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Demdem(m): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
I wonder what the Retardeen is doing about the Uwais report on electoral matters. This is the time to start implementing it even before the next general elections. The dumbo thinks by just appointing Jega he is through with electoral reforms. Nonsense.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Kabikala(m): 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
afam4eva:

People will come now and say the election was free and fair because it was ACN that won. Had it been PDP now, people would have said that it was rigged.!!

Okija_juju:

I disagree entirely with these views.

Firstly, no APGA controlled state government had ever conducted Local Government elections in the history of Nigeria so we don't know that this would hold if they do so. That is the reason for the pressure being mounted on Peter Obi by many groups, including his own party Chairman to conduct LGA elections which had failed to hold for about 6 years now in Anambra State. It is apparent that Peter Obi does not believe his party will triumph if he goes ahead to conduct LGA elections so he decides to deliberately engineer delays till his tenure expires. Okorocha (Imo Governor) is the only other APGA Governor and he came in just about a year ago and dissolved the LGA councils, an action that was recently invalidated by the courts.

Secondly, how did you come about the allegation of rigging in this LGA election when the ACN secured more than two-thirds of all contested positions during the 2011 general elections conducted by the FG-constituted INEC? While not ruling out rigging as may happen with politicians, I would prefer evidence-based arguments rather than rumours and generalizations based on what has happened in the past. For example, Oshiomhole won his gubernatorial elections in all 18 LGAs in Edo State this month in a process that was managed by the FG-constituted INEC, would you say he rigged again if his party wins in all 18 LGAs during the LGA elections later?

My point is that it is unfair to classify the Ogun SIEC as partisan or to describe the Ogun LGA elections as a charade without substantiating it. The Ogun State Governor came out to say that this particular LGA election is the best election in the history of Ogun State since 1999; fault him based on facts please, not sentiments.

8 Likes

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
Will Amosun open his eyes and allow PDP win? Impossible!

Go ACN!
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by dayokanu(m): 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2012
Kabikala:

I disagree entirely with these views.

Firstly, no APGA controlled state government had ever conducted Local Government elections in the history of Nigeria so we don't know that this would hold if they do so. That is the reason for the pressure being mounted on Peter Obi of Anambra State by many groups, including his own party Chairman. it is apparent that Peter Obi does not believe his party will triumph if he goes ahead to conduct LGA elections so he decides to deliberately engineer delays till his tenure expires. Okorocha (Imo Governor) is the only other APGA Governor and he came in just about a year ago and dissolved the LGA councils, an action that was recently invalidated by the courts.

Secondly, how did you come about the allegation of rigging in this LGA election when the ACN secured more than two-thirds of all contested positions during the 2011 general elections conducted by the FG-constituted INEC? While not ruling out rigging as may happen with politicians, I would prefer evidence-based arguments rather than rumours and generalizations based on what has happened in the past. For example, Oshiomhole won his gubernatorial elections in all 18 LGAs in Edo State this month in a process that was managed by the FG-constituted INEC, would you say he rigged again if his party wins in all 18 LGAs during the LGA elections later?

My point is that it is unfair to classify the Ogun SIEC as partisan or to describe the Ogun LGA elections as a charade without substantiating it. The Ogun State Governor came out to say that this particular LGA election is the best election in the history of Ogun State since 1999; fault him based on facts please, not sentiments.

Excellent points

1 Like

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by pcnwamadi(m): 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2012
Demdem: I wonder what the Retardeen is doing about the Uwais report on electoral matters. This is the time to start implementing it even before the next general elections. The dumbo thinks by just appointing Jega he is through with electoral reforms. Nonsense.

the way Nigerians insult their President is very anoying. am sure you fool has never checked the meaning of "retarden". you call him dumbo, i can assure no member of your brainless family can archieve half what he has archived in the next 100years. what have you done in ur own little way to help people around u? bunch of idiots

4 Likes

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Saheed9: 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2012
acn snatched ballot boxes in my local govt. ijebu north
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Demdem(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
pcnwamadi:

[s]the way Nigerians insult their President is very anoying. am sure you fool has never checked the meaning of "retarden". you call him dumbo, i can assure no member of your brainless family can archieve half what he has archived in the next 100years. what have you done in ur own little way to help people around u? bunch of idiots[/s]

All these for the defence of the Retardeen. cry cry cry If it has no meaning then why are u bothered? I pity ur miserable Race. Pathetic Foool.

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by dayokanu(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
pcnwamadi:

the way Nigerians insult their President is very anoying. am sure you fool has never checked the meaning of "retarden". you call him dumbo, i can assure no member of your brainless family can archieve half what he has archived in the next 100years. what have you done in ur own little way to help people around u? bunch of idiots

Is Retardeen Jonathan not retardeed in your own view? Or which normal human being would tell us to pray so that criminals would come out to confess
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Demdem(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Is Retardeen Jonathan not retardeed in your own view? Or which normal human being would tell us to pray so that criminals would come out to confess

Do u mind the foool. he is among those killing and destroying this country. Can u imagine that the iiidiot sells NDDC contracts? why wont he be in the defence of his fellow fisherman?

pcnwamadi: NDDC contracts for sale, list of available jobs with award letters ready for verification;
1.Construction of community complex at Itu LGA Akwa Ibom state- N246million.
2. Road construction at ikot ekpene LGA, Akwa Ibom State- N150million.

Conditions: 14percent total for sale of the job, 2times payment, 3percent to facilitators.
Move to sight as soon as possible.

For more info, contact me on 08105807635 or BB pin: 3139FA6D.

https://www.nairaland.com/958271/nddc-contracts-sale

1 Like

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
Do we still have Local Government Areas in Nigeria ? Please someone remind me, what was their job again....
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Toktee(m): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2012
pcnwamadi:

oga,respect yourself and stop attacking people on nl,you call him names and even insult his family,so tell me you and him who is more stupid,can you mention things that constitute ur johnadull acheivement? If you dont have i advice you to respect your age,nd learn to respect others opinion,evrybdy has his/her opinion.johnadull mouthpiece on nairaland
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Toktee(m): 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2012
pcnwamadi:

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2012
I will rather be a President and be called Retardeen than be jobless internet political neanderthal typing 200 insults per minute. Now this is classic.

1 Like

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by tessyade: 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2012
This is not strange. It is almost impossible to defeat the state's ruling party at local government polls in nigeria. What bother me is the fact that ACN is not really performing in ogun state.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2012
tessyade: This is not strange. It is almost impossible to defeat the state's ruling party at local government polls in nigeria. What bother me is the fact that ACN is not really performing in ogun state.
It will be strange if PDP swept 19 out of 20 States. Now, this is classic.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Demdem(m): 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2012
tessyade: This is not strange. It is almost impossible to defeat the state's ruling party at local government polls in nigeria. What bother me is the fact that ACN is not really performing in ogun state.

The more reason why we need true electoral reforms. The framework has been done by the Uwais committee. Why the heck is the Retardeen silent about it?

1 Like

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
Demdem:

Do u mind the foool. he is among those killing and destroying this country. Can u imagine that the iiidiot sells NDDC contracts? why wont he be in the defence of his fellow fisherman?

shocked shocked I thought as much. Pathetic.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by davades(m): 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2012

Did u hear any report of hijacked ballot boxes, fake voters registration card , fake inec officials etc
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Demdem(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2012
njazra:

shocked shocked I thought as much. Pathetic.

We have a lot of them like that especially here in PH. No wonder u hardly see any work done by the NDDC of great quality
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2012
davades:

Did u hear any report of hijacked ballot boxes, fake voters registration card , fake inec officials etc
Yes, i did http://ynaija.com/blog/2012/07/22/ogun-polls-acn-chief-4-others-held-with-stuffed-ballot-boxes/
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
Demdem:

We have a lot of them like that especially here in PH. No wonder u hardly see any work done by the NDDC of great quality

What do you expect, since contracts are sold to the highest bidder sad. Yet, they are quick in cursing and calling for the head of corrupt politicians. Charity begins at home.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ds result just portrayed wat d southwesterners want & it opened d yanch of PDP dat it dsnt pay 2 v a bad rule since '99. If u all dnt knw, PDP has nothing again in Ogun.
Bt I fear ACN more dan PDP.
How ll dt 2015 Presidential Election be? Some1 pls tell.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2012
Still lmao @ PDP taking over in the SW. Crystal balls can be wrong too, I guess.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? / Aisha Buhari To Host West African First Ladies / Senator Godswill Akpabio Celebrates His Uncommon & Sweet Victory [Video &Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.