Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun (7686 Views)

APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others / Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election / Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Akainzo(m): 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Yes, i did http://ynaija.com/blog/2012/07/22/ogun-polls-acn-chief-4-others-held-with-stuffed-ballot-boxes/

And this was only noticed and reported by just this reporter ONLY! Amazing isn't it
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Akainzo(m): 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Simple...

If PDP had won the same amount of LGA in this same election, no matter how free or fair it was, Yoruba people would have still accused them of rigging!!

Its not word games son, its just the plain honest truth!!!

The gods are wise

Now would the PDP have won in that same election in Yorubaland by being voted for outsiders? SO if PDP should win and the Yorubas living there start shouting 'foul', would it not tell you that something is wrong? Isn't an election won by the people voting for the party?

So really, you are playing with words and not facts. Fact is:
a. People voted, PPD wins: People cry foul cos they know they didn't vote PDP.
b. People voted, ACN wins: People say its free and fair cos they know they voted ACN.

Now tell me what is hard to understand about this?
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by manalejo(m): 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by afam4eva(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23
People will come now and say the election was free and fair because it was ACN that won. Had it been PDP now, people would have said that it was rigged.

Kabikala:

I disagree entirely with these views.

Firstly, no APGA controlled state government had ever conducted Local Government elections in the history of Nigeria so we don't know that this would hold if they do so. That is the reason for the pressure being mounted on Peter Obi by many groups, including his own party Chairman to conduct LGA elections which had failed to hold for about 6 years now in Anambra State. It is apparent that Peter Obi does not believe his party will triumph if he goes ahead to conduct LGA elections so he decides to deliberately engineer delays till his tenure expires. Okorocha (Imo Governor) is the only other APGA Governor and he came in just about a year ago and dissolved the LGA councils, an action that was recently invalidated by the courts.

Secondly, how did you come about the allegation of rigging in this LGA election when the ACN secured more than two-thirds of all contested positions during the 2011 general elections conducted by the FG-constituted INEC? While not ruling out rigging as may happen with politicians, I would prefer evidence-based arguments rather than rumours and generalizations based on what has happened in the past. For example, Oshiomhole won his gubernatorial elections in all 18 LGAs in Edo State this month in a process that was managed by the FG-constituted INEC, would you say he rigged again if his party wins in all 18 LGAs during the LGA elections later?

My point is that it is unfair to classify the Ogun SIEC as partisan or to describe the Ogun LGA elections as a charade without substantiating it. The Ogun State Governor came out to say that this particular LGA election is the best election in the history of Ogun State since 1999; fault him based on facts please, not sentiments.

Well, you want fact, here is fact:
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by bashydemy(m): 12:55am On Jul 25, 2012
manalejo:

Well, you want fact, here is fact:

I monitored the election in Ipokia Local Government as a member of one of the voluntary organization (NAVC/ICPC), the election was far from been free and fair, people in Ipokia Local Government did not vote for ACN, in fact they voted for PDP due to the fact that the ACN Chairmanship candidate ISAKA ADEROHUNMU imposed on them by the Governor, IBIKUNLE AMOSUN was not their choice, so ACN party members vowed to vote for PDP and that was what they did. When the election was over and the result was announced, PDP Candidate won with Eleven thousand, seven hundred and thirty three votes, while ACN candidate have seven thousand and sixty five votes. Most of the Ward Councillors was won by PDP. But it was ridiculous to hear the announcement on Sunday that ACN Chairmanship candidate won the election with over seventeen thousand plus votes, while PDP candidates has eleven thousands plus vote and that PDP won only two Councillorship seats out of the twelve wards in Ipokia Local Government. HABA! How can you say such election was free and fair. Also in MAUN area of the Local Government, ACN members snatched and ran away with two Ballot boxes when they realized that the people in the area did not vote for ACN at all. Same thing happened in IHUNBO/IlASHE Ward, and one ACN Chieftain by name ADELEKE was caught in IFOYINTEDO Area of the Local Government with balot papers and boxes voting for ACN and was beaten severally by people. How on earth was the election free and fair?
So you are the only one in IPOKIA LG to say this... I have so many friend in that area and no one say such. IPOKIA LG is at the border post between Nigeria and Benin and i have some friends there and never hear such news so please come up with more story and if your story is true then PDP should go to court simple.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Okijajuju1(m): 8:30am On Jul 25, 2012
Akainzo:

Now would the PDP have won in that same election in Yorubaland by being voted for outsiders? SO if PDP should win and the Yorubas living there start shouting 'foul', would it not tell you that something is wrong? Isn't an election won by the people voting for the party?

So really, you are playing with words and not facts. Fact is:
a. People voted, PPD wins: People cry foul cos they know they didn't vote PDP.
b. People voted, ACN wins: People say its free and fair cos they know they voted ACN.

Now tell me what is hard to understand about this?

I dont know why yoursef and Eko Ile are making a fuss about this... It was a simple comment that had no malice in it.. People in the West have a natural affinity for ACN.. The statement did not imply that there was or wasnt rigging in the election.. It just goes to point out that when certain parties wins in certain states and regions, the indigenes of those regions are least likely to scream foul play.. Its like Lagos... If the PDP wins in Lagos tomorrow, everybody will shout OJORO!! But when ACN does, irrespective of how the elections go, they will be more readily accepting of the result..
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by manalejo(m): 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2012
So, because your friends here hasn't tell you makes you disbelieved? Then go and hang yourself,
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by bashydemy(m): 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
manalejo:

So, because your friends here hasn't tell you makes you disbelieved? Then go and hang yourself, but I have told you the fact with prove and cited areas where the rigging took place.

Let me give you a shocker; why is the Governor so much in a hurry to sworn in the said winners of the election? Election took place on Saturday, results was announced on Sunday and acclaimed winners were sworn in on Monday, all the 19 Chairmen with same uniform. What does this tells you? It is very simple, the result was read out not the results of the election. It was a preplanned issue. Period.
So since my friends never mention anything about rigging and you said so i should believe, are you that stewpid? Beside how long does it take to swear in LG chairman? there is no time to waste at all they all need to get to work immediately cos there are lot of work to be done.. PDP damage so many things that need to be done and also they have only 3yrs in office.. so you want the Governor to wait for months to swear them in? and about the cloths, How long will it take to sew cloth they can do that overnight it will only attract additional payment.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
bashy_demy: So since my friends never mention anything about rigging and you said so i should believe, are you that stewpid? Beside how long does it take to swear in LG chairman? there is no time to waste at all they all need to get to work immediately cos there are lot of work to be done.. PDP damage so many things that need to be done and also they have only 3yrs in office.. so you want the Governor to wait for months to swear them in? and about the cloths, How long will it take to sew cloth they can do that overnight it will only attract additional payment.

Correct. LG Election during Gbenga Daniel was far worse and nobody cry foul. They should go to court to challenge the result if they aint satisfied. mscheww
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by bashydemy(m): 5:42am On Jul 26, 2012
njazra:

Correct. LG Election during Gbenga Daniel was far worse and nobody cry foul. They should go to court to challenge the result if they aint satisfied. mscheww
#Gbam they should go to court to challenge the result than to be ranting up and down.. Thank God i have a friend who is a lawyer that need get some from those money looted by the PDP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheriff Is Working For The Enemies Of Our Party – PDP / Constitutionally What Happens When A President Is Sick. / FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.