Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities (71369 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Ufeolorun(m): 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
Nice pics bro.Some of us living abroad will always want to justify it hence the negative posture.Truly,Africa is rising and it makes the Nigerian situation more annoying,Nigeria should be on turbo right now.
safe bro!
Keep them coming wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
maipeople: Poster you really change my perspective of everything Africa. I realised that, I was mentally-poisoned by negative information from western media channels.
After seeing these pictures, I take it to myself that, before I am through with my studies in Malaysia,I will use these pictures to create a multimedia presentation here in our University and I will make sure that it can easily be distributable.In fact, if you can create a blog just for this, We will do our best to broadcast the message.
This is a great project idea that can be the turning point for Africa (I am not exaggerating, I now what I'm saying).
As for the remaining people here in NAIRALAND, You may not appreciate the magnitude of the poster's contribution till when you step out of Nigeria.
Once again, THANK YOU for delivering me from my old prejudices.

You're welcome. Like someone else said, you'll find a lot more of this on skyscrapercity.com, which is a site devoted to showcasing infrastructural and economic development in countries around the world.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ufeolorun: Nice pics bro.Some of us living abroad will always want to justify it hence the negative posture.Truly,Africa is rising and it makes the Nigerian situation more annoying,Nigeria should be on turbo right now.
safe bro!
Keep them coming wink wink wink

True. I find that many Africans who live abroad feel a psychological need to justify their long sojourn overseas, so these images of African dynamism and progress tend to bite them in the groin, hence their attempts to exaggerate the misery in Africa and downplay her progress.

It's probably best we ignore them, though we do need to clamp down hard when they step out of line too much.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by pato405(m): 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
in all parameters and scales of assessing well-being, quality of lyf, health indices, standard of living, satisfaction with living e.t.c - these factors have never and will never be solely based on high-rise buildings and physical infrastructures but what goes on in these buildings, governance, health policies, equitable distribution of wealth and overall - the gap between the rich and the poor.

now, you judge based on the above listed factors, evaluate without prejudice, bias or jaundiced jingoist sentiment - u NL critics of western media masquerading as patriots. the fact still remains that NOT until the gap between the wealth and the poor is brought to a minimum, Africa, in-spite of colourful structures in doted settlements will continue to lag in what matters most.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Ufeolorun(m): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

True. I find that many Africans who live abroad feel a psychological need to justify their long sojourn overseas, so these images of African dynamism and progress tend to bite them in the groin, hence their attempts to exaggerate the misery in Africa and downplay her progress.

It's probably best we ignore them, though we do need to clamp down hard when they step out of line too much.
Yeah.Though the challenges are still ginormous but some African countries are seriously plugging into the economic shift we are seeing in mostly the BRICs countries and other lesser known places.Accra is still up and coming so you can allow them some room cos countries like Bostwana have been facing reforms for years,anyways I have always had a crush on Bostwana grin
The little happening in Lagos makes the Nigerian case a bit hopeful
Alot of work still need to be done but they are doable,I live here in the UK(studying),i hate being a minority and i sometimes see myself as a leech
Africa Hey!!!!-Salif kaita wink
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by samfibby(m): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2012
where are the ghettos, i dont see any poor people or have they disappeared grin
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
OK.. I've had enough of folks dissing Lagos. That city is witnessing a serious transformation as we speak, with lots of new developments, that should stand it in good stead in the race to development of Africa's major urban centers.

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2012

[img]http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af298/ONLY1GAR3TH/jpegSTREAMOIDb3XXJtDV3yKXfvRgSla_HS6SY
eqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxSXR_De46UsUd317KKtGCQwLkdkNm4NaK1iliY4aRX7GEabxkeoo57KN3LcI4Be79xyJSXHeyn6i9C8rc3E0xo.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by TerryCarr(m): 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2012
Antananarivo, Madagascar

[img]http://4.bp..com/_8UIT9t8gAsk/TMvwbdZxuRI/AAAAAAAADW0/rnnK5O7WanA/s1600/096.JPG[/img]That building on top is the Rova of Antananarivo(Rovan'i Manjakamiadana) it is the royal palace complex in Madagascar that served as the home of the sovereigns of the Kingdom of Imerina in the 17th and 18th centuries, as well as the rulers of the Kingdom of Madagascar in the 19th century. it burned down and they are rebuilding it smiley

[img]http://3.bp..com/-6OBFhY0ratM/T1kn-5ZdNTI/AAAAAAAAAAc/X2QG5x6sVBA/s1600/Antananarivo.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-NqF8H-klSSw/T4NctQHKQwI/AAAAAAAAFjA/7JMZnLwoZZw/s1600/Madagascar+15.jpg[/img]the place up close grin
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Werehkpe: 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
Abeg jare! d whole of 9ja sulks! Giant of Africa my left asssss!

By d way d so called lagos, Y is there ALWAYS sand on d road?

Is everywhere a beach? LOL

Ugly country
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by emsquare(m): 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
Waoh! Nyc places...
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by chmod777: 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2012
Poor Africa, only beautiful from top if not for Durban, Joburg and cape. I am lucky to have been to Joburg, Durban, Kigali, Lusaka, Nairobi, Addis,Lilongwe and I am Naija man. I have seen the reality of these pictures not panorama. Infrastructure on ground are same in most places except the 3 mentioned above, and yet the three lack average mass transit, tho better than others.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by alexola20(m): 8:30pm On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by alexola20(m): 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by P406: 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
@ poster keep them coming ignore the critic.
i agree that africa is growing,i also firmly
believe that we are in the right direction.

seeing that access bank logo in rwanda gave me great joy
as a nigerian knowing the history of that bank and the young
nigerian men whose dream it is.

rossike well done.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by kanywoods: 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
alexola20:
There you go mr.richman.The world knows majority of Nigerians live below 2$ or 300naira per day.
I don't know that having access to the internet via BB or what you called it makes one rich.
Even one can only compare the MMIA in lagos with GARE de Wadata in Niamey,Niger republic full of agbero and police like area boys/street beggars.
No make am pain u,na just truth I yearn.

To start with...There is little or no electricity where i Live,we run on gen almost 24hrs,a litre of fuel cost N95, i Fill up my generator everyday datz {N95 X 10litres = N950], i have to eat out for lunch, an averagely Good meal cost almost N300, i still havn't talked abt other day to day cost of living in nigeria......N yet your WHITE BRAINWASHED BRAIN think i Live on less than 2$ per day...."BROS GET A LIFE" and BTW Nigeria is Listed on the Top 11 Emerging Economies of the World Idiot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRIC

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Theblessed(f): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2012
alexola20: Nice one @OP.
But these are just mere pix.Take Nigeria for example,almost everybody lives in darkness and insecurity.The pix r nice though but these r not really the images of africa.Even Lagos and Abuja skies r nothing to talk about,they look boring smileySky should be blue but Lag and Abj look grey,this tells you the mood of pple living in these two cities perhaps the entire country.

[b][size=16pt] Yes, alexola20, you are absolutely 'RIGHT' and on the spot.

You know what, you can say that again 110+ times, please!!

If insecurity are not gripping or felt by Nigerians on their own soil certainly, Nigerians live in 'DARKNESS'.

Where on earth would you get 24/7 electricity without sudden power cut here and there - SHOW ME!!! I want to see!

Also, where on earth would one go to bed sound and wake up in the morning exhilarated without worry and fear of who's knocking on the 'DOOR' uninvited gone midnight?? SHOW ME! And, if you survive tonight how about tomorrow, that's the query?

Imagine, some Nigerians have lived abroad for over 40yrs and are frightened to go home because of the stampede they will experience from groups of armed robber every night when no one had ever harassed them in their own homes, all their lives abroad - what a shame!! Yet, someone is here pretending all is well at home, really? In your dreams!!

Basically, this is nothing but blind patriotism!!! Call a peg - a peg and it won't change its structure, ok! It will remain a peg, right? Therefore, stand up and be counted. You see, these people are more concerned about the status and image of an already shattered country than the welfare of it citizens. I don't blame you, material world!!!

Now, let's analyze the situation in our country a bit further maybe, some of you would understand that Nigerians are living below par. Imagine, Nigeria is not even at wars with anybody/country by any standard yet, most Nigerians are suffering hardship as if Nigeria is at war with other countries as a result, we must all put on our STRUCTURAL ADJUSTMENT JACKETS AND CAPS in order to stave off the war effects - shall we??

Oh, kwashiokor come back, hasn't it? Some Nigerian children are so malnourished and suffering kwashiokor as ifin Nigerian/Biafran war time. Some adults go without food for days not because, they are fasting rather, nothing to eat or feed their children and high level crimes are everywhere as a result. Don't want to say any more to these pretentious backward thinkers.

That's just a little picture painted for you!

Now, I wonder, how we would all fair in this country if another country challenges our National Security now, and invite us to war - I wonder! A lot of people would perish and the thieves would run off with all they stole from us thus, leaving these bind patriots in shame and hiding away for their own safety because of what they said, at peace time!

Imagine, the thief politician James Ibori stole the heart off, his own state - plunging them into perpetual suffering and poverty yet, a Nigerian court set him free only to be convicted and imprisoned for 13yrs by a foreign court - what a shame and tarnished image of Nigeria world-wide and you lot are here blindly trying to preserve dignity Nigeria haven't got anymore - shame on you!

I don't blame you all, as some of you hadn't even left Lagos or Abuja before how then, could you have seen the world you live? So, what could you bring to the table, when you have no point of comparison - nothing!!

And for those arguing about these overt issues, I can only say - you are BLIND PATRIOTS and I rather, stick out like a sore thumb, exposing these evils in my country than glamorizing it at the expense of poor and hungry Nigerians who are out there in Nigeria streets, up and down the country this night, begging food and money to survive. undecided undecided

To these cowards, I will only say, shame really shame to you all, for covering evil that is already a wide spread knowledge!!
[/size][/b]
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by kawkab: 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2012
Abuja Nigeria - Centre of Unity

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by kawkab: 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
Abuja - Nigeria

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2012
Theblessed:

[size=16pt] Yes, alexola20, you are absolutely 'RIGHT' and on the spot.

You know what, you can say that again 110+ times, please!!

If insecurity are not gripping or felt by Nigerians on their own soil certainly, Nigerians live in 'DARKNESS'.

Where on earth would you get 24/7 electricity without sudden power cut here and there - SHOW ME!!! I want to see!

Also, where on earth would one go to bed sound and wake up in the morning exhilarated without worry and fear of who's knocking on the 'DOOR' uninvited gone midnight?? SHOW ME! And, if you survive tonight how about tomorrow, that's the query?

Imagine, some Nigerians have lived abroad for over 40yrs and are frightened to go home because of the stampede they will experience from groups of armed robber every night when no one had ever harassed them in their own homes, all their lives abroad - what a shame!! Yet, someone is here pretending all is well at home, really? In your dreams!!
[/size]

Blah blah blah...... Madam. please kindly spare us your irritating noise and don't expect for one second that using upper case letters makes you sound any less stu.pid than the others who have posted their rubbish here. You're talking of things like power shortage and so on. Only an ILL EXPOSED BUFFOON thinks Nigeria is the onlyt place on earth with power cuts. India, Brazil, Jamaica, Venezuela, Thailand etc all suffer power cuts. If you don't believe me, simply Google those countries 'names and type 'power cuts' after them, and see all the evidence for yourself.

Your problem is that yoy are not excposed. You think the countries you're comparing Nigeria to, USA, Germany, UK, were built in 40 or 50 years? Did it not take several centuries of independence for those nations to become fully developed? YET YOUR LAZY, DUNCE SELF expects Nigeria to turn into El Dorado within 50 years of independence, and if not we will not hear word again? We will not celebrate the strides we've made again? PLEASE PACK YOUR THINGS AND GET OUT OF NIGERIA IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE IT. WE SHALL PROGRESS AT OUR OWN PACE. WE DO NOT NEED YOU AND YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by alexola20(m): 10:36pm On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2012
alexola20:
Another poorly rich nigerian on the go.lol.I can't stop laughing how Nigeria has changed ppl's thinking.So you actually think you are rich because u can buy fuel into your chinese made gen.Really shame on you.U gat start thinkin if this is a good way of living.In many countries around the world,it's illegal to bring in petrol into a house where pple live.But poverty that Nigerians politicians have caused u make u think it's normal to be fuelin ur own gen while many pple around the world don't even know what a gen is and have never seen one.
You are actually damn poor cos u think like one.

You're an ignorant fool. I put it to you that of the 200 odd nations on earth, the VAST MAJORITY suffer regular power cuts. ONLY a few industrialised countries - maybe 20 to 30, plus a couple of oil fiefdoms with tiny populations like Kuwait, can as of today boast of 24/7 uninterrupted power throughout their country. So it's really not something you can beat Nigerians over the head with - unless they're dumb enough to let you. 24/7 power is an ideal which most nations are still battling towards, and is absolutely NOTHING for any nation to feel ashamed about for not achieving. Now get lost and stay lost.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by alexola20(m): 10:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by alexola20(m): 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
alexola20: @ Theblessed(f) don''t mind this "BLIND PATRIOTS" you called them.Tell them make dem show us the real pix of Lagos as a case study.
@OP u might want to go around Lagos and take some pix for us to see.
Nothing works in 9ja.

Nothing works in your own wretched life either. What have you or your father contributed to Naija to make anything 'work' there? Who educated your ignorant ass? Was it not the Nigerian govt? (Assuming you're Nigerian) Would you not be an illiterate peasant without the Nigerian govt? Did the British whom I'm sure you worship. not leave Nigeria with a 7% literacy rate at independence? Has that figure not shot up to 74% courtesy of independence/indigenous rule? Where would you be without Nigerian leaders? You would be in your village - anilliterate farmer with no prospects, much less talking trash about Nigeria 'not working'.

Fashola was tryin to reshape lagos but he only did well in his 1st 4 year term in office.and this 2nd one,he's been doing almost nothing.
Pls OP show us the real pix of MMIA,the gateway to Lagos perhaps to Nigeria.
Thx.

You want ''the real pics of MMIA the gateway to Lagos and perhaps Nigeria''

HERE:

[img]http://www.belujanekonzult.biz/images/IMG_3811.JPG[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-VKl_c-pLgI4/T1ztaqBT9uI/AAAAAAAAIaw/AZ4wAewzEZU/s400/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253Fd3BpZC1uZC5qcGc%253D%253F%253D-753676[/img]

What were you expecting to see??
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
alexola20:
Then u should be comparing yourself with almajiri since it's only the bad countries u can compare Nigeria with.
Illiterate. There are no ''good'' or ''bad'' countries. Just a few countries which can be classified as developed, and the vast majority of nations which are classified as 'developing nations'. Being a developing nation doesn't make you a ''bad'' nation.

I have never seen any country as bad as Nigeria.Believe me,I have been to where you can call one of the poorest countries in africa,Niger,Mali,Burkina,Benin etc.They do have constant electricity as long as u can afford to pay your bill.But in Nigeria,even pple r ready to pay their bills yet they live in darkness.SMH

Liar, Liar.... In the poorest countries like Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso, less than 20% of their country are connected to the national grid, and are therefore not in a position to ''pay bills''. The vast majority there have never seen a light bulb. They may have constant power in their main city but the rest of the nation wallows in darkness. In Nigeria by contrast, because of the govt drive to electrify the entire country, both rural and urban, there is necessarily a rationing system in place. Therefore even villages in Nigeria are connected to the national grid, and will get their fair share of light no matter how intermittent. THAT is a far more equitable system and viable long term method of efficient power distribution nationwide as opposed to concentrating electricity on a couple of favoured cities while ignoring the rest of the nation. A goat like you then arrives the capital of Mali and experiences constant power and then shouts ''wow! they have constant light in Mali! Mali is far better than Nigeria!!''. Why, cos you have no common sense.

Meanwhile, Mali generates 180 MW in total for the tiny few connected to their grid.

http://www.africagoodnews.com/infrastructure/energy/2206-mali-boosts-power-capacity-by-a-third-with-new-plant.html

This is what you're comparing to Nigeria with her generating capacity of 8,650 mw and generation of 4,200 mw at last count??

You need to go back to school, because you're truly embarrassing yourself here mincing words with me.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 11:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
^^^^

@Ishit4body, get a life, stop spamming the board.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 24, 2012
P406: @ poster keep them coming ignore the critic.
i agree that africa is growing,i also firmly
believe that we are in the right direction.

seeing that access bank logo in rwanda gave me great joy
as a nigerian knowing the history of that bank and the young
nigerian men whose dream it is.

rossike well done.
You're welcome bro. I didn't even notice the Access Bank presence in Kigali. smiley smiley That is nothing short of commendable, and symbolises Nigeria's growing status as the financial and banking powerhouse of the continent.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by ballabriggs: 11:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You're an ignorant fool. I put it to you that of the 200 odd nations on earth, the VAST MAJORITY suffer regular power cuts. ONLY a few industrialised countries - maybe 20 to 30, plus a couple of oil fiefdoms with tiny populations like Kuwait, can as of today boast of 24/7 uninterrupted power throughout their country. So it's really not something you can beat Nigerians over the head with - unless they're dumb enough to let you. 24/7 power is an ideal which most nations are still battling towards, and is absolutely NOTHING for any nation to feel ashamed about for not achieving. Now get lost and stay lost.

Haba!!! You are trying to sell an idea and you go swearing at anyone who opposes it. Na waoh!!! These are the things that really scare oyibo people about Africa. They see Africa and Africans as some violent people in a war torn continent. Explain your line of argument and try to convince rather than this posture of animosity towards other views.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / "I Feel So Lonely & Sad" Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Weeps (pic/video) / Tanker Explosion In Odukpani, Cross River Kills Many, Injures Others (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.