Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,630 members, 7,827,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities (71447 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 24, 2012
ballabriggs:

Haba!!! You are trying to sell an idea and you go swearing at anyone who opposes it. Na waoh!!! These are the things that really scare oyibo people about Africa. They see Africa and Africans as some violent people in a war torn continent. Explain your line of argument and try to convince rather than this posture of animosity towards other views.

First off, I couldn't care less about what 'oyibo people' think. If you ask me, no one is more violent or war-mongering than them. Save your colonial mindset for someone else.

Second, I'm not ''selling'' any ''idea''. I'm merely posting valuable information for those who wish to learn, or be entertained as the case may be. If you still need convincing of African dynamism after seeing the images of infrastructure posted on this thread, and after reading the links showing Africa's economic progress, then you have a special sickness. It's not my duty to cure you. It is those who come in here with THEIR animosity towards Africa that I have no time for. These are people ready to believe the very worst about their fatherland, but the minute they see something positive, they want to run it down, because it conflicts with their Pavlovian, colonised mindset of ''Africa is bad'', ''nothing good can come from Africa''. I'm not here to be 'nice' to such people, or to 'reason' with them. Such people DISGUST me.

This thread is for those people like that Asian guy who thanked me for showcasing this side of Africa which he's never seen before, and the other Nigerian brother who said that this thread had encouraged him to visit some of these countries for holidays rather than the UK etc etc - people like that who harbour no hang-ups or prejudices, but only want to learn: that's whom this thread is for. The rest can literally kisss my assss. It's not my job to 'convince' you to see value and worth in your own fatherland.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 12:04am On Jul 25, 2012
ROSSIKE:

I'm not selling any idea. If you still need convincing of African dynamism after seeing the images of infrastructure posted then you have a special sickness. It's not my duty to cure you. It is those who come in here with THEIR animosity towards Africa that I have no time for. These are people ready to believe the very worst about their fatherland, but the minute they see something positive, they want to run it down, because it conflicts with their Pavlovian, colonised mindset of ''Africa is bad'', ''nothing good can come from Africa''. I'm not here to be 'nice' to such people, or to 'reason' with them. Such people DISGUST me.

How is it Pavlovian when you've lived through it and you know the pictures dont represent reality? How is it Pavlovian when we know that those pictures are a product of your imagination and terrible photo-shopping skills. Do you even know the concepts behind Pavlov's classical conditioning theory? I mean you want us to fawn over pictures that you created and recreated on your laptop (invented by our slave masters) to soothe your bruised ago, after you were deported from London. Pictures that at best only represent just 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of a landscape littered with diseases, backwardness, anger, unprovoked violence, primitiveness, 'untarred' road, potholes, corruption, bad maintenance/non-maintenance culture and a host of other societal ills that are too gory to print.

[b]This thread is for those people like that Asian guy [/b]who thanked me for showcasing this side of Africa which he's never seen before, and the other Nigerian brother who said that this thread had encouraged him to visit some of these countries for holidays rather than the UK etc etc - people like that who harbour no hang-ups or pre-conceived notions, but only want to learn: that's whom this thread is for. The rest can literally kisss my assss.

So you are just like the rest of us, very eager to impress and earn the affection and confidence of our masters, dem Chinkos and Caucasians. Well, it seems we have a lot in common . . . inferiority complex, colonial mindset etc grin
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 25, 2012
antitpiah:

How is it Pavlovian when you've lived through it and you know the pictures dont represent reality?

The reality is that 313 million Africans - 34.4 percent of the African population - have been pulled out of poverty, and classified as middle class according to the African Development Bank's latest studies, which corellates with several other economic studies. Up from 11% of the population in 1980.

See, we are educated people here, and statistics like this are how the world is run and assessed. Now, when a barely schooled riffraff like you decides to ignore such studies done by professionals, and ignore the progress thus far made on the continent, preferring to infest us with your relentless negativity, then it is up to us to shun you like the worthless, incontinent waste of space you are.

So you are just like the rest of us, very eager to impress and earn the affection and confidence of our masters, dem Chinkos and Caucasians. Well, it seems we have a lot in come . . . inferiority complex, colonial mindset etc grin

Slaveboy, unlike you, I do not regard any race as ''masters''. What I'm about is correcting wrong impressions made about my continent and people. Correcting such impressions goes a long way to making the lives of the majority BETTER. The more of the world that knows that there is another side to Africa that isn't just war, deprivation and death, the more of the world would look to invest in and tour the continent, injecting the requisite capital into the continent's economies, and further empowering the people to even alter the socio/political problems they currently suffer. It's all about empowerment. YOU are all about woe, hopelessness, and depression. You have nothing to offer the African people. Even on this thread, I've (theoretically at least) 'converted' one or two folks who, as a result of this thread, will travel to an African country, spend their money there, and in so doing help to improve the life of one or more people there.

THAT'S SUCCESS.

What can YOU offer except hopelessness?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 12:23am On Jul 25, 2012
^^^

SO you want our slave masters to come and invest in your country?

I think you need to change your attitude if you want our slave masters money. They are very nice if you can just suck up to them a little.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 25, 2012
antitpiah: ^^^

SO you want our slave masters to come and invest in your country?

I think you need to change your attitude if you want our slave masters money. They are very nice if you can just suck up to them a little.

We are not slaves like you. We do not NEED to be slaves to anyone, because we are equal to all races and were created Equal by the Almighty. All we need to do is accept the truism of that and shun your type of inferiority complex that says we must only present our worst aspects to the world to the exclusion of all else. When you define yourself according to what is best about you as opposed to what is worst, then the world will respond in kind. But if all you wish to present to the world about yourself is a begging bowl and tales of woe, they will respond in kind by spitting on you and your heritage. You must love the feel of their spittle against your back. We do not need aid trucks and 'Save The Children'. We need investment and tourism. To gain that, you have to give the world a reason to believe..

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by OAM4J: 12:45am On Jul 25, 2012
Deep Sight: You see, this is why every sensible African should adamantly support the creation of a unified African state as the United States of Africa.

The synergy would be incomparable.

It would INSTANTLY be one of the major countries in the world - with of course a permanent security council seat and veto.

the expanse of its economy and population could catapult it within say. . . 50 years to being the number one industrial, economic, political and military giant in the world.

World domination. Where's Pinky and the the Brain. . . .

I agree with everything you said, but the it's truism is subject to good visionary leadership; with the crop of leaders we have been having, it will be worse cos majority of them are not even good enough to be a community leader.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 12:51am On Jul 25, 2012
OAM4J:

I agree with everything you said, but the it's truism is subject to good visionary leadership; with the crop of leaders we have been having, it will be worse cos majority of them are not even good enough to be a community leader.

You agree with everything he said? Hmm, how many 'Greeces' do we have in Africa? Many How many 'Italos'? Many How many 'Germanys?' Nada If Kasala burst, you want shytholes like Gambia and Congo dragging the rest of us down with them abi. I reject it in Jesus name.

SO you want Nigeria and Somalia together in a unified country? SA and Rwanda in a unified country? Thank God there isnt too many of people like you in power. . .
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 25, 2012
antitpiah:

You agree with everything he said? Hmm, how many 'Greeces' do we have in Africa? Many How many 'Italos'? Many How many 'Germanys?' Nada If Kasala burst, you want shytholes like Gambia and Congo dragging the rest of us down with them abi. I reject it in Jesus name.

SO you want Nigeria and Somalia together in a unified country? SA and Rwanda in a unified country? Thank God there isnt too many of people like you in power. . .

Actually you may not realise it, but part of the charter of the African Union is the eventual political and economic unification of the African continent, which all member states have subscribed to in principle. The only points of debate relate to the pace at which such a reality will be actualised. As for the countries you insolently term 'shytholes', when you examine each one of them, you'll find that they are troubled PRIMARILY by the foreign influences that currently hold sway over them, which in part is a result if their current vulnerability as small, relatively poor nation-states. The US involvement in the DRC and Somalia etc is well-documented. The US sponsors all sorts of 'rebel groups' in these places, which cause mayhem, all in their zeal to extract natural resources like cobalt, diamonds, and oil on the cheap etc.

A single African nation will remove their ability to do that. The new African nation will not even need to fire a weapon to bring all this about. Just a new constititution bequeathing all territory and resources of the continent to a single central govt, completely erases the ability of any foreign power to interfere in any part of the continent, PLUS renders all attempts at stealing African resources through the back door, or through influencing some poor state like Liberia or Congo, ineffectual.

All attempts at gaining from Africa's resource blessings will have to go through the single African govt and no one else. No warlords, no rebels, no pitting of one poor state like Uganda against another like Sudan....none of that.

It will definitely alter the scheme of things. ALSO, a single African military will be powerful enough to quell any ethnic rivalries, as well as develop the capacity to build its own inventory, and to defend the continent against foreign aggression. Most definitely a place on the UN Security Council will be made available to the new govt immediately it comes into being.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Godogwu: 2:19am On Jul 25, 2012
Wereh kpe: Abeg jare! d whole of 9ja sulks! Giant of Africa my left asssss!

By d way d so called lagos, Y is there ALWAYS sand on d road?

Is everywhere a beach? LOL

Ugly country

Smh, i''m sure your one of these very unprivelaged people in diaspora who probably sold everything they owned just to buy a one way ticket to one of them western countries and your probably living a life of slavery making 10 bucks an hour #Sas., keep living in a place where your not a major factor and i'm sure you probably feel your better than us who live in Africa. Then again, there's no sand on the roads in US, or Europe?......are you that stupid?
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 2:23am On Jul 25, 2012
Godogwu:

Smh, i''m sure your one of these very unprivelaged people in diaspora who probably sold everything they owned just to buy a one way ticket to one of them western countries and your probably living a life of slavery making 10 bucks an hour #Sas., keep living in a place where your not a major factor and i'm sure you probably feel your better than us who live in Africa. Then again, there's no sand on the roads in US, or Europe?......are you that stupid?

Yeah, thats like N1600 per hour. You know, i know and we both know that you will never make that much in your life as long as you live in Nigeria, i dont care how educated you are. Niqqah, dont knock our hustle.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Godogwu: 2:30am On Jul 25, 2012
Theblessed:

[b][size=16pt] Yes, alexola20, you are absolutely 'RIGHT' and on the spot.

You know what, you can say that again 110+ times, please!!

If insecurity are not gripping or felt by Nigerians on their own soil certainly, Nigerians live in 'DARKNESS'.

Where on earth would you get 24/7 electricity without sudden power cut here and there - SHOW ME!!! I want to see!

Also, where on earth would one go to bed sound and wake up in the morning exhilarated without worry and fear of who's knocking on the 'DOOR' uninvited gone midnight?? SHOW ME! And, if you survive tonight how about tomorrow, that's the query?

Imagine, some Nigerians have lived abroad for over 40yrs and are frightened to go home because of the stampede they will experience from groups of armed robber every night when no one had ever harassed them in their own homes, all their lives abroad - what a shame!! Yet, someone is here pretending all is well at home, really? In your dreams!!

Basically, this is nothing but blind patriotism!!! Call a peg - a peg and it won't change its structure, ok! It will remain a peg, right? Therefore, stand up and be counted. You see, these people are more concerned about the status and image of an already shattered country than the welfare of it citizens. I don't blame you, material world!!!

Now, let's analyze the situation in our country a bit further maybe, some of you would understand that Nigerians are living below par. Imagine, Nigeria is not even at wars with anybody/country by any standard yet, most Nigerians are suffering hardship as if Nigeria is at war with other countries as a result, we must all put on our STRUCTURAL ADJUSTMENT JACKETS AND CAPS in order to stave off the war effects - shall we??

Oh, kwashiokor come back, hasn't it? Some Nigerian children are so malnourished and suffering kwashiokor as ifin Nigerian/Biafran war time. Some adults go without food for days not because, they are fasting rather, nothing to eat or feed their children and high level crimes are everywhere as a result. Don't want to say any more to these pretentious backward thinkers.

That's just a little picture painted for you!

Now, I wonder, how we would all fair in this country if another country challenges our National Security now, and invite us to war - I wonder! A lot of people would perish and the thieves would run off with all they stole from us thus, leaving these bind patriots in shame and hiding away for their own safety because of what they said, at peace time!

Imagine, the thief politician James Ibori stole the heart off, his own state - plunging them into perpetual suffering and poverty yet, a Nigerian court set him free only to be convicted and imprisoned for 13yrs by a foreign court - what a shame and tarnished image of Nigeria world-wide and you lot are here blindly trying to preserve dignity Nigeria haven't got anymore - shame on you!

I don't blame you all, as some of you hadn't even left Lagos or Abuja before how then, could you have seen the world you live? So, what could you bring to the table, when you have no point of comparison - nothing!!

And for those arguing about these overt issues, I can only say - you are BLIND PATRIOTS and I rather, stick out like a sore thumb, exposing these evils in my country than glamorizing it at the expense of poor and hungry Nigerians who are out there in Nigeria streets, up and down the country this night, begging food and money to survive. undecided undecided

To these cowards, I will only say, shame really shame to you all, for covering evil that is already a wide spread knowledge!!
[/size][/b]

Please don't flatter yourself......
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Theblessed(f): 3:15am On Jul 25, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Blah blah blah...... Madam. please kindly spare us your irritating noise and don't expect for one second that using upper case letters makes you sound any less stu.pid than the others who have posted their rubbish here. You're talking of things like power shortage and so on. Only an ILL EXPOSED BUFFOON thinks Nigeria is the onlyt place on earth with power cuts. India, Brazil, Jamaica, Venezuela, Thailand etc all suffer power cuts. If you don't believe me, simply Google those countries 'names and type 'power cuts' after them, and see all the evidence for yourself.

Your problem is that you are not excposed. You think the countries you're comparing Nigeria to, USA, Germany, UK, were built in 40 or 50 years? Did it not take several centuries of independence for those nations to become fully developed? YET YOUR LAZY, DUNCE SELF expects Nigeria to turn into El Dorado within 50 years of independence, and if not we will not hear word again? We will not celebrate the strides we've made again? PLEASE PACK YOUR THINGS AND GET OUT OF NIGERIA IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE IT. WE SHALL PROGRESS AT OUR OWN PACE. WE DO NOT NEED YOU AND YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED.

[b][size=16pt]Hey, hey, Mr Well Exposed! Is that the best you can do?

So, these are your model countries - pity! You can do better!

Stop taking Nigeria 2 hundred years behind enemy lines as we will all perish, if these are the countries you model Nigeria on - disappear from my face you sluggard brain and backward thinker!

India, Brazil, Jamaica, Venezuela, Thailand are your supper countries, eh! Even as third world and emerging markets as these countries, you're trying to rank Nigeria with are, can Nigeria ever compare?

Aside, Venezuela that is more than developed from oil money compared to Nigeria at this stage, and given the achievements of these countries past and present rulers - what did Nigeria do with its own oil money - coward?

Ah! But India had no oil, Jamaica none either and what of Thailand, mugu? Yet, they were able to develop their countries to the best of their abilities and how about Nigeria with her massive oil production? I think you want to compare them, when you placed Nigeria in their category. How dare you insult them??

These people have their own well trained Doctors, Engineers, Economist, Scientists etc who can compete on the world market and win billions of Dollars contracts abroad for their own governments and countries and bring, the money home, unlike your Nigeria thieves that take our money away abroad - that's the difference, if you don't know!

Now sluggard, I ask again, how many of the above, have Nigeria?? Where can Nigeria see the back of these countries you listed here, in competition? You are here trashing mouth about something you are ignorant of.

I ask again, how much foreign contracts do Nigerian Engineers and Scientist win for us abroad and bring the money home? Show us??

Instead, money that should be invested in these important sectors in our society to develop our own Engineers, Scientists etc or even to smarten our Universities to enable them raise these important people in society, are stolen by your leaders and hid away in foreign pots thus, leaving the country bare and vulnerable and you are here defending your 50yrs El Dorado. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry That's how I feel about you, and people like you and more!

Imagine, Nigeria has been crippled by these thieves to an extent, she can not even boast of it's own 'National Airline - not even one, no modern Fighter Jets/bombers and our Nigerian Navy, is a broken man' and you have the gut to vomit shit here. Shame on you - you are a disgrace to this nation.

When did I hear about Nigerian Airways last? As far back as 1985 and that was my last flight on it to Nigeria even then, I swore never again because of the state of it - you're a disgrace!!

Yes, it's now obvious to you, that Nigeria couldn't compete on development, with these your model countries. At least, she can compete on corruption, power cuts, political assassinations, undeveloped educational system evident on the recent ban by British General Medical Council (GMC)on your so called qualified doctors. Banning them from taken up training in the Uk and other Western countries are watching them because, they lack basic medical skills - what a shame!

And, how about the 'River Niger pot-holes' on your so called Express Roads up and down the country.huh! undecided

And, your General Hospitals? Don't even mention those mortuaries, please!!

Yet, when their children/families feel sick they are the first to rush them abroad for treatments and pay foreign fee, with our money but, who rush Nigerian sick children abroad for treatment, I ask??

God will reward every one of you that has stolen or received stolen Nigerian money thereby, forcing our country on its knees and making her vulnerable this way, in Jesus Name, Amen!!! undecided undecided

Again, I hear you say El Dorado within 50 years as if it's impossible.

Now I can see, you are not only blind but also, have some neurological deficits - some connective tissues/cells are not really, synchronizing in your head, at all - badly wired and I don't blame you, but nature!

Now, let's talk about this El Dorado that you mentioned on here. Because, you have small mind - you are a small thinker, frightened little mice, scared to take a giant leap in case, it break its limbs - everything seems to you an impossibility. You're a small minded man - get off, here!!

You see, those thieves - you call your past and present leaders who had led Nigeria to oblivion now, and for the sake of Nigeria, if they'd left out oil money alone, in this past 50 year, mumu - can't you see, Nigeria would have reached her El Dorado - her promised land, eh?

I promise you, at least, no Nigeria would have been living abroad now because, Nigerians never used to go and stay long abroad let alone to live there permanently. Because, of what these thieves have done to our country that's why Nigerians are every where in this planet including North/South poles respectively, seeking greener pastures - how shameful!

So, your El Dorado would have been a possibility some 30yrs after Independence - if they've left our money alone. Based on your thinking, and with these kind of leaders you have in place and those in queues, waiting to take their turns in destroying our country, even in her 100th Anniversary, you will still give me the same crap excuses, sluggard!

But then, the countries you are categorizing Nigeria with, have not got as much natural resources as Nigeria. India, has no oil, yet they are able to call on their Human Resources and out perform Nigeria, in every strata because, Indian leaders are smart - from Mahatma Gandhi to their present leader, are smart guys with foresight besides, they love their country from the bottom of their hearts - do your leaders?

What your leaders are good at - is only embezzling their hearts off and out of their wickedness, and you are here to defend the indefensible when you should get out of that couch and chase them out of our country for the sake of future generation - and never to come back again as long as Nigeria exist - that's what all of you sluggards should do.

That's what you should do mugu, and stop defending nonsense!

With your attitude, I'm sure, you have connections to these thieves otherwise, you won't be here vomiting bile and I don't blame you. How could I, when every Nigerian little boy in school have nothing else to think about or engage his mind on, other than how he could make it to Aso Rock and embezzle more of his own. Tell me, what hope have Nigeria if her young people are thinking this way?

So you can see, at this rate and as I said above, Nigeria can not make your El Dorado even in 300yrs - there is no hope.

Yes, United Kingdom, America, Germany were not built in 40 - 100yrs and they had their own corruption but I ask, 'sluggard' were humans beings not created the same day? Were they not given the same brain cells - brains to think out good ideas for their own benefits instead of corrupt ideas?

Certainly, sluggards will always have quantum excuses, for their under performance and lacking in ability to achieving targets set for him - they blame the White man.

Keep blaming the White man!

Yes, corruption is a human thing and the White man is not an exception - yet, they love their Country and have compassion for their own people. Despite their corrupt way, they were able to establish efficient systems favourable to the poor in society - e.g. efficient Health system, free education, Welfare system, good Air, Road and Sea logistics etc and I ask, how many of these can you boast of, in Nigeria? Name them!!!

Yet, White man is not corruption free, is he?

Nigerian has been independent for over 52yrs, now. A man born 50yrs ago, is nearing the age of retirement - imagine, power was given to Nigeria that long ago, and what did the leaders do with it? What are your tangible achievements, show us?

All infrastructures Nigeria has today are still the same as the British handed it over to us in 1960 - in fact, they are in worse condition than ever, e.g. our Post Offices, Railways, the Nigerian Telecom (NITEL) etc are only just ticking - tick, tick, tick because, Nigeria doesn't even understand the meaning of the word 'MAINTENANCE' as we don't have that in our dictionary.

And that brings me, to your online etiquette - here you're trying to teach me about technology. When did you first ever set those eyes on a 'COMPUTER', let alone to touch them and then, own one and work with them both at home/work, huh? Remember the date?? Eh?

We all knew when Nigerian began to think about them - even as early as 1980's it was very rare and unheard of in Nigeria and here you are, coming to educate me on how to access information - soon you'd start, exposing your ignorance about 'MOBILE PHONES' too, and again I ask, when did it first commonly, appear on Nigerians streets - how long ago? Perhaps, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's.huh! undecided undecided undecided

Listen, until you wean yourself off this backward mentality, you will never get anywhere soon, on your back!!!!!!!!!!

Get out of my face - thick!!!
[/size][/b]

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Godogwu: 3:19am On Jul 25, 2012
antitpiah:

Yeah, thats like N1600 per hour. You know, i know and we both know that you will never make that much in your life as long as you live in Nigeria, i dont care how educated you are. Niqqah, dont knock our hustle.

Hahahahaahaha, dude I don't work, my father who according to you won't make N1600 per hour is actually paying my $30,000 tuition at USF annually ( and we are very far from rich), when I'm done with my degree here, I'm immediately packing my bags and going back to Nigeria because dude, I will make a whole lot more than N1600 an hour with a BSC in Mech Engineering. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 25, 2012
Theblessed:

Hey, hey, Mr Well Exposed! Is that the best you can do?

Stop taking Nigeria 2 hundred years behind enemy lines as we will all perish, if these are the countries you model Nigeria on - disappear from my face you sluggard brain and backward thinker!

India, Brazil, Jamaica, Venezuela, Thailand are your supper countries, eh! Even as third world and emerging markets as these countries, you're trying to rank Nigeria with are, can Nigeria ever compare?

I just showed you that these countries also suffer regular power cuts and that made you angry didn't it? You lied earlier that Nigeria was ''the only country'' that suffered power cuts. I educated you otherwise. You should be thanking me for easing your dumbness.

Aside, Venezuela that is more than developed from oil money compared to Nigeria at this stage, and given the achievements of these countries past and present rulers - what did Nigeria do with its own oil money - coward?

Do you realise that Venezuela is rated worse than Nigeria in terms of corruption by Transparency International? That's another bit of education for your dumbness. They also suffer development problems as well.

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2011/results/

Ah! But India had no oil, Jamaica none either and what of Thailand, mugu?

You seem to think oil is the cure-all for everything? Nigeria does not make that much from oil considering her huge population. In fact, Saudi Arabia with under 20 million people produces 6 or 7 times more barrels of oil per day than Nigeria. In fact oil alone was and is never going to make Nigeria the heaven on earth you imagine she should be, just because you heard the word 'oil'.

One more thing. Oil accounts for less than 12% of our annual GDP of app $400 billion, so you really need to leave cloud cuckoo land, and go educate yourself on the current diversification drive being executed by the govt, which of course you're utterly ignorant about, since you have a very low IQ.

Yet, they were able to develop their countries to the best of their abilities and how about Nigeria with her massive oil production? I think you want to compare them, when you placed Nigeria in their category. How dare you insult them??

Leaving aside your oil delusions, how exactly has India ''developed to the best of her abiities''? Nearly 600 million Indians are illiterate and malnutrition is rife: Here's a report: ''India far poorer than Africa, new studies show'':

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/india-far-poorer-than-africa-new-measure-shows/story-e6frg6so-1225891801078

These people have their own well trained Doctors, Engineers, Economist, Scientists etc who can compete on the world market and win billions of Dollars contracts abroad for their own governments and countries and bring, the money home, unlike your Nigeria thieves that take our money away abroad - that's the difference, if you don't know!

You may not realise this, but the Nigerian financial, retail, and banking sectors are taking Africa by storm as we speak, with many Nigerian companies venturing into these markets and 'bringing home the bacon' as it were. You wouldn't know this of course since you're only good at washing plates in the white man's land for pennies and feeling funky.

Instead, money that should be invested in these important sectors in our society to develop our own Engineers, Scientists etc or even to smarten our Universities to enable them raise these important people in society, are stolen by your leaders and hid away in foreign pots thus, leaving the country bare and vulnerable and you are here defending your 50yrs El Dorado. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry That's how I feel about you, and people like you and more!

You really are a bore. Smarten our universities? So you even know we have universities? Who built them? It sure as hell wasn't the white colonialists you worship. They built NOTHING. We had not one single university at independence, after 65 years of British rule. Today we have 125 after just 50 years of independence courtesy of the Nigerian govt. Oh, and statistically, if the whites were still in charge, you'd be an illiterate peasant today (since they built virtually no schools in their 65 year rule). You'd be a peasant. A palm wine tapper at best, not an educated-at-Nigerian expense, drunken loud mouth.

Imagine, Nigeria has been crippled by these thieves to an extent, she can not even boast of it's own 'National Airline

Very few countries these days have a ''national airline''. Much airline travel is privatised these days. In fact many Nigerians are dismissing calls for a ''national airline'' as it's an unnecessary burden on the taxpayer and not profit-driven, and thus vulnerable to inefficiencies. You really need to go back to school. You're an embarrassment.

- not even one, no modern Fighter Jets/bombers

Oh? And when last did you do a survey of our military inventory? In-between breaks from your plate washing duties overseas?

When did I hear about Nigerian Airways last? As far back as 1985 and that was my last flight on it to Nigeria even then, I swore never again because of the state of it - you're a disgrace!!

These days we do quite well with Arik Airlines, Air Nigeria, and other well-run private airlines. You need to snap out of 1985. Nigeria has moved on.

Yes, it's now obvious to you, that Nigeria couldn't compete on development, with these your model countries. At least, she can compete on corruption, power cuts, political assassinations, undeveloped educational system evident on the recent ban by British General Medical Council (GMC)on your so called qualified doctors.

Kindly produce the evidence that Nigerian trained doctors have been banned from training in the UK. We do not believe you because you're an illiterate plate washer overseas who knows nothing about Nigeria.

And, how about the 'River Niger pot-holes' on your so called Express Roads up and down the country.huh! undecided

We are a developing nation. Developing nations tend to have roads that are generally not on a par with developed nations. It's nothing to be ashamed about, unless you're a plate washing servant overseas with zero self esteem like yourself. But there are numerous roads across the country that are in excellent shape, including expressways.

You see, those thieves - you call your past and present leaders who had led Nigeria to oblivion now, and for the sake of Nigeria, if they'd left out oil money alone, in this past 50 year, mumu - can't you see, Nigeria would have reached her El Dorado - her promised land, eh?

Only in your deluded, drug-addled mind is the PUNY oil income sufficient to turn 160 million strong Nigeria into a developed nation. The mantra today is diversification, not dependence on oil. In fact you are so old school, you've become a walking museum.

I promise you, at least, no Nigeria would have been living abroad now because, Nigerians never used to go and stay long abroad let alone to live there permanently. Because, of what these thieves have done to our country that's why Nigerians are every where in this planet including North/South poles respectively, seeking greener pastures - how shameful!

But China is the world's latest superpower, and in New York there are so many Chinese there that they have a special area known as Chinatown holding millions of them. India which you say has ''done very well for her people'' has millions of ''her people'' living overseas. What you fail to realise is that - like in those two nations - it was actually the Nigerian govt's heavy investment in mass education that allowed so many Nigerians the opportunity to expand into other countries and sell their talents for a higher premium than was obtainable at home. If the Nigerian govt had been as indolent and useless as the British colonialists, we'd have all been too illiterate to contemplate leaving our villages, much less our country, for ''greener pastures''. The fact that a loud mouth wretch like you can leave Nigeria and earn a decent living overseas is due ENTIRELY to the Nigerian govt's heavy investment in mass education for which a compound dunce like you ought to be thankful. Instead all you can do is spit on the hand that fed you like the cursed, worthless vagabond from God-knows-what-hole-in-the-ground you are.

But then, the countries you are categorizing Nigeria with, have not got as much natural resources as Nigeria. India, has no oil, yet they are able to call on their Human Resources and out perform Nigeria, in every strata because, Indian leaders are smart - from Mahatma Gandhi to their present leader, are smart guys with foresight besides, they love their country from the bottom of their hearts - do your leaders?

The average Indian doesn't believe their leaders love their country any more than others. You need to actually visit India, and see things for yourself before playing happy slave to them. A taster:

''The World Bank estimates that India is ranked 2nd in the world of the number of children suffering from malnutrition, after Bangladesh (in 1998), where 47% of the children exhibit a degree of malnutrition. The prevalence of underweight children in India is among the highest in the world, and is nearly double that of Sub-Saharan Africa, with dire consequences for mobility, mortality, productivity and economic growth.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malnutrition_in_India

Yes, corruption is a human thing and the White man is not an exception - yet, they love their Country and have compassion for their own people. Despite their corrupt way, they were able to establish efficient systems favourable to the poor in society - e.g. efficient Health system, free education, Welfare system, good Air, Road and Sea logistics etc and I ask, how many of these can you boast of, in Nigeria? Name them!!!

It took Europe over 300 years of independence to provide those facilities for their people. It takes time to build the sort of national cohesion and institutions required for those 'goodies', particularly when you're an artificial, cobbled-up nation with hundreds of different languages and rival cultures, religions etc. In fact many would say we've done very well to still maintain stability in the face of those impossible structural impediments, which of course, Europe never had to face, given the ethnic, linguistic, religious and cultural homogeneity of virtually all her nation-states.

All infrastructures Nigeria has today are still the same as the British handed it over to us in 1960

Ohhhh.. Illiteracy. The British built up IKOYI and a couple of GRAs in Kaduna and Jos, and LEFT. Their railway was not meant for us. It was meant for them to evacuate our resources, which was why the two main lines they built were simple straight lines that started from the north and led straight down to the southern atlantic coast, with virtually no interconnectivity for intra-national trade and transport, hence making it unviable for any serious nation looking to develop internally. Our installed power generation capacity at independence was 270 MW, compared to 8,600MW today. JUST WHAT DID YOU SAY THEY BUILT?? They left Nigeria with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Everything we have today was built by the Nigerian govt - schools, universities, hospitals, roads. When the British were here, owning a bicycle was a symbol of wealth in Nigeria. Only the top 0.1% could afford a car. Illiteracy was at 93% (That figure down to 24% today courtesy of Nigerian rule). All the British did was loot the country and put nothing back.

Here is Broad Street Lagos, Nigeria's most important commercial and business street, in the 195Os, 60 YEARS into British rule: (Note the skinny, barefoot pedestrians and ramshackle buildings)

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/33411_02-broad-street-lagos-1951_jpg09622dd898f8764264259dd95da54e2f[/img]

This is the same Broad Street today, courtesy of Nigerian rule:

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIVvqjq81Id8wfHJUgzKs-wSqIihmcF46ZtI4iqIrE8KELKZakzLb3Km6MXQ[/img]

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/Broad_Street__Lagos._408204254.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

See? The difference is clear.

Fact is, Mr ''Theblessed'', far from being 'blessed', you're little more than a semi-literate internet troll who requires education in what Nigeria is about and how far she has come. You should wake up every morning and thank me for bringing much needed education into your dull head.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by sambos994(m): 8:34am On Jul 25, 2012
Theblessed:

[b][size=16pt]Hey, hey, Mr Well Exposed! Is that the best you can do?

Ah! But India had no oil, Jamaica none either and what of Thailand, mugu? Yet, they were able to develop their countries to the best of their abilities and how about Nigeria with her massive oil production? I think you want to compare them, when you placed Nigeria in their category. How dare you insult them??

Now sluggard, I ask again, how many of the above, have Nigeria?? Where can Nigeria see the back of these countries you listed here, in competition? You are here trashing mouth about something you are ignorant of.

I ask again, how much foreign contracts do Nigerian Engineers and Scientist win for us abroad and bring the money home? Show us??

Imagine, Nigeria has been crippled by these thieves to an extent, she can not even boast of it's own 'National Airline - not even one, no modern Fighter Jets/bombers and our Nigerian Navy, is a broken man' and you have the gut to vomit shit here. Shame on you - you are a disgrace to this nation.

Yes, it's now obvious to you, that Nigeria couldn't compete on development, with these your model countries. At least, she can compete on corruption, power cuts, political assassinations, undeveloped educational system evident on the recent ban by British General Medical Council (GMC)on your so called qualified doctors. Banning them from taken up training in the Uk and other Western countries are watching them because, they lack basic medical skills - what a shame!

And, your General Hospitals? Don't even mention those mortuaries, please!!

Yet, when their children/families feel sick they are the first to rush them abroad for treatments and pay foreign fee, with our money but, who rush Nigerian sick children abroad for treatment, I ask??

God will reward every one of you that has stolen or received stolen Nigerian money thereby, forcing our country on its knees and making her vulnerable this way, in Jesus Name, Amen!!! undecided undecided

Again, I hear you say El Dorado within 50 years as if it's impossible.

Now I can see, you are not only blind but also, have some neurological deficits - some connective tissues/cells are not really, synchronizing in your head, at all - badly wired and I don't blame you, but nature!

Now, let's talk about this El Dorado that you mentioned on here. Because, you have small mind - you are a small thinker, frightened little mice, scared to take a giant leap in case, it break its limbs - everything seems to you an impossibility. You're a small minded man - get off, here!!

So, your El Dorado would have been a possibility some 30yrs after Independence - if they've left our money alone. Based on your thinking, and with these kind of leaders you have in place and those in queues, waiting to take their turns in destroying our country, even in her 100th Anniversary, you will still give me the same crap excuses, sluggard!

What your leaders are good at - is only embezzling their hearts off and out of their wickedness, and you are here to defend the indefensible when you should get out of that couch and chase them out of our country for the sake of future generation - and never to come back again as long as Nigeria exist - that's what all of you sluggards should do.

That's what you should do mugu, and stop defending nonsense!

With your attitude, I'm sure, you have connections to these thieves otherwise, you won't be here vomiting bile and I don't blame you. How could I, when every Nigerian little boy in school have nothing else to think about or engage his mind on, other than how he could make it to Aso Rock and embezzle more of his own. Tell me, what hope have Nigeria if her young people are thinking this way?

So you can see, at this rate and as I said above, Nigeria can not make your El Dorado even in 300yrs - there is no hope.

Yes, United Kingdom, America, Germany were not built in 40 - 100yrs and they had their own corruption but I ask, 'sluggard' were humans beings not created the same day? Were they not given the same brain cells - brains to think out good ideas for their own benefits instead of corrupt ideas?

Certainly, sluggards will always have quantum excuses, for their under performance and lacking in ability to achieving targets set for him - they blame the White man.

Keep blaming the White man!

Yet, White man is not corruption free, is he?

Nigerian has been independent for over 52yrs, now. A man born 50yrs ago, is nearing the age of retirement - imagine, power was given to Nigeria that long ago, and what did the leaders do with it? What are your tangible achievements, show us?

All infrastructures Nigeria has today are still the same as the British handed it over to us in 1960 - in fact, they are in worse condition than ever, e.g. our Post Offices, Railways, the Nigerian Telecom (NITEL) etc are only just ticking - tick, tick, tick because, Nigeria doesn't even understand the meaning of the word 'MAINTENANCE' as we don't have that in our dictionary.

And that brings me, to your online etiquette - here you're trying to teach me about technology. When did you first ever set those eyes on a 'COMPUTER', let alone to touch them and then, own one and work with them both at home/work, huh? Remember the date?? Eh?

We all knew when Nigerian began to think about them - even as early as 1980's it was very rare and unheard of in Nigeria and here you are, coming to educate me on how to access information - soon you'd start, exposing your ignorance about 'MOBILE PHONES' too, and again I ask, when did it first commonly, appear on Nigerians streets - how long ago? Perhaps, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's.huh! undecided undecided undecided

Listen, until you wean yourself off this backward mentality, you will never get anywhere soon, on your back!!!!!!!!!!

Get out of my face - thick!!!
[/size][/b]

Chill with the font
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 8:37am On Jul 25, 2012
Godogwu:

Hahahahaahaha, dude I don't work, my father who according to you won't make N1600 per hour is actually paying my $30,000 tuition at USF annually ( and we are very far from rich), when I'm done with my degree here, I'm immediately packing my bags and going back to Nigeria because dude, I will make a whole lot more than N1600 an hour with a BSC in Mech Engineering. cheesy

Anyway, we know you aint doing any BSC @ USF. . . grin
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by alexola20(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by ballabriggs: 10:40am On Jul 25, 2012
ROSSIKE:

First off, I couldn't care less about what 'oyibo people' think. If you ask me, no one is more violent or war-mongering than them. Save your colonial mindset for someone else.

Second, I'm not ''selling'' any ''idea''. I'm merely posting valuable information for those who wish to learn, or be entertained as the case may be. If you still need convincing of African dynamism after seeing the images of infrastructure posted on this thread, and after reading the links showing Africa's economic progress, then you have a special sickness. It's not my duty to cure you. It is those who come in here with THEIR animosity towards Africa that I have no time for. These are people ready to believe the very worst about their fatherland, but the minute they see something positive, they want to run it down, because it conflicts with their Pavlovian, colonised mindset of ''Africa is bad'', ''nothing good can come from Africa''. I'm not here to be 'nice' to such people, or to 'reason' with them. Such people DISGUST me.

This thread is for those people like that Asian guy who thanked me for showcasing this side of Africa which he's never seen before, and the other Nigerian brother who said that this thread had encouraged him to visit some of these countries for holidays rather than the UK etc etc - people like that who harbour no hang-ups or prejudices, but only want to learn: that's whom this thread is for. The rest can literally kisss my assss. It's not my job to 'convince' you to see value and worth in your own fatherland.

Firstly, you must realise and understand that everyone cannot agree with you. That is what builds a nation- the robustness of debates. You get different views from debates, some sensible, some totally daft. it is our ability to tolerate these views that help us grow as a nation. As an OP it is most inappropriate and ridiculous that you deride anyone who has a counter view to the information you have posted. Not everyone would agree with your views. It is your ability to convince and persuade that makes you thick and not your ability to throw insults at them. If you were posting a reply, it would have been a different case, however, as an OP, one expects a level of objectivity and maturity.

Secondly, those sources you claim present Africa in a "bad light" are still the same sources you have been quoting in all your posts. Don't you find that hypocritical? You want to encourage Africans in the diaspora to bring in inflows, you couldn't care less about "what oyibo" people think and you want to encourage capital inflow through tourism and FDIs? Would you point a gun at them to get these inflows. If majority of Africans do not see through your lenses, how do you realise this? It is about managing change, it is not to be forced down people. It can only be achieved through debates and engaging stakeholders.

Quit the insults, it does not make you stand tall in this case. You sound like a hot tempered person. You are killing what should have been a good thread for engaging minds on the potentials in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by AjanleKoko: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
^^
Not to necessarily defend OP or endorse his style of passing across insults, but Africans, especially Nigerians, tend to whine and complain a lot. As opposed to looking around , seeing how much progress has been made, and taking encouragement from that to put in their bit. Whichever way you look at it, a lot of progress has been made. Plus, whether we like it or not, this generation has to pay the price for Africa's development. There's a lot to be done, and there are still too few people in the trenches, getting things done.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Demoore(m): 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Here is Broad Street Lagos, Nigeria's most important commercial and business street, in the 195Os, 60 YEARS into British rule: (Note the skinny, barefoot pedestrians and ramshackle buildings)

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/33411_02-broad-street-lagos-1951_jpg09622dd898f8764264259dd95da54e2f[/img]

This is the same Broad Street today, courtesy of Nigerian rule:

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIVvqjq81Id8wfHJUgzKs-wSqIihmcF46ZtI4iqIrE8KELKZakzLb3Km6MXQ[/img]

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/Broad_Street__Lagos._408204254.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

See? The difference is clear.

Fact is, Mr ''Theblessed'', far from being 'blessed', you're little more than a semi-literate internet troll who requires education in what Nigeria is about and how far she has come. You should wake up every morning and thank me for bringing much needed education into your dull head.

I am one of those silent readers of nairaland, read a lot but rarely comment. I'm sure there are many of us out there. This time I feel compelled to say something.

I would like to commend ROSSIKE, for taking the time and pains to educate and enlighten people of the positive/beautiful side of Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Very inspiring write up and pictures, good stuff. The western media consistently paints us in bad light and we have to match their actions by showcasing the good side of Africa. Charity begins at home, and one must learn to love and develop what you have, nobody else will do it for you.

In addition, ROSSIKE, your doing a great job by responding to all the negativity thrown at you with facts and figures. Unfortunately, the people you appear to be having the debate lack facts, pictures, data to back up their arguments. Instead their arguments are backed up by mere sentiments and personal experience(s) of a few people. Hardly convincing.

However, I would like to appeal to you not to stoop to their level of indulging in unnecessary profanity. You need to show your not on their level, that way your arguments will sink in deeper.

Having lived and worked in London for years, I'm very happy to come back home (Lagos) to contribute my quota in developing Nigeria, in my own little way. Yes, some roads are bad. Yes, power supply is erratic. Yes, some parts may not the safest place to live. But, progress is being made. The whole world acknowledges we are making progress, and we shall continue to make progress. its a journey with no final destination, even America continuously improves on their achievement.

You will always be second best and have limited growth/business opportunities in another man's land, always.

At the end of the day majority of my fiends in the UK want to come back home, many of us here are doing better than them over there. They take better pics on facebook that's all. lol

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by johnwell(m): 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
Africa, a peaceful Paradise

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Godogwu: 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
antitpiah:

Anyway, we know you aint doing any BSC @ USF. . . grin

Lol, Believe what you want bro....... cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Ufeolorun(m): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2012
The gradual turnaround in Rwanda is another inspiring pointer of what's possible
Awe keep them coming Njare wink wink wink
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ogbeni, more pictures jare grin

PS: The typical African don't have the financial stability to live in these beautiful african cities. sad
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by ijebabe: 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
I suddenly feel inspired to grab my SLR and start clicking away!

Op, really beautiful pics, thanks for sharing cos most of us needed to see them.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by AjanleKoko: 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Ogbeni, more pictures jare grin
PS: The typical African don't have the financial stability to live in these beautiful african cities. sad

More than 40 million Nigerians live in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Kaduna, Ibadan, Jos, and Maiduguri.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by sambos994(m): 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
AjanleKoko:

More than 40 million Nigerians live in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Kaduna, Ibadan, Jos, and Maiduguri.

haha....people still live in maiduguri
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
ballabriggs:

Firstly, you must realise and understand that everyone cannot agree with you. That is what builds a nation- the robustness of debates. You get different views from debates, some sensible, some totally daft. it is our ability to tolerate these views that help us grow as a nation. As an OP it is most inappropriate and ridiculous that you deride anyone who has a counter view to the information you have posted.

What exactly is there to ''disagree with'' in any of the pics posted? Are those not African cities? Some contributor claimed these were ''photoshopped images''. Is that the sort of person you wish me to be ''polite and nice'' to? I'm sorry I'm not that type of person. I AM hot tempered against anti-Africans. I know several of the people who have posted here, from previous threads - people like kobojunkie, antipthia. I know them inside out. Maybe you don't. These people I consider anti-Africans. Every portrayal of Africa that isn't geared towards airing poverty, deprivation, and hopelessness, they don't want to see. For them, Africa is ALL about deprivation and negativity. Ally that to their stomach-churning propensity to sing the praises of whites at the drop of a hat. One, called antipthia, refers to westerners as ''our masters''. I find such people utterly disgusting. Scum of the earth with no self worth. Even when you post respected research studies showing upward movement and economic progress in Africa, they spit on it. I mean, what sort of 'politeness' do you expect of me when dealing with such people? I find them utterly revolting, and I will let them know this. If you find that too strong for your senses, then do not read my responses. Simply enjoy the pics and depart.

As far as I am concerned NOBODY deserves respect who refuses to see worth or value in their own fatherland. They need strong therapy. When we messed up at home, our parents brought out the whip. Why? Because sometimes, it was the only language we understood. If you notice, quite a few people have highlighted the numerous challenges we face, even while acknowledging the veracity and truism of those photos. I've not responded harshly to those contributors. They have common sense and are level-headed and will be treated accordingly. As for the likes of antipthia and co, NO. They will be put in their place. You must have that 'therapeutic' attitude when dealing with our people because many of them are deeply conditioned against Africa, owing largely to the tragic effects of colonialism and western dominance of media and education etc. I know from bitter experience that 'politeness' merely emboldens them to further trash the continent and its people with their usual acerbic prowess.

Secondly, those sources you claim present Africa in a "bad light" are still the same sources you have been quoting in all your posts. Don't you find that hypocritical?

That some source is from the west does not mean it is the same source as CNN and BBC. There are variegated interests in the west just as everywhere else. And even when you quote positivity from a source, it doesn't mean you should accept it when that same source throws objectivity to the wind and spends 99.9% of their coverage of Africa on negatives.

You want to encourage Africans in the diaspora to bring in inflows, you couldn't care less about "what oyibo" people think and you want to encourage capital inflow through tourism and FDIs? Would you point a gun at them to get these inflows. If majority of Africans do not see through your lenses, how do you realise this? It is about managing change, it is not to be forced down people. It can only be achieved through debates and engaging stakeholders.

Actually I am not here to 'engage stakeholders' or persuade 'diaspora Africans' to engage with their continent. If they like, they can engage, or they can choose to remain aloof. The Chinese are already engaging with Africa full time. Bringing in their capital to invest. Same as the Indians and Lebanese et al. Did anyone need to convince THEM to engage? Nope. They simply IGNORED western propaganda against Africa, and decided to see things for themselves. They toured the continent, and saw the potential screaming out at them. What stops our 'diasporan Africans' from doing same? I'm not here to pamper them. If they don't wish to use their brains but prefer to sit abroad worshipping the white man and sniffing their noses at us at home, that's their problem.

Do you know that when the South African retail conglomerate, Shoprite, were considering establishing in Nigeria, they sent out feelers and questionnaires etc as part of their research. Many Nigerians (including a great many diasporans) said to them ''Don't go there! Don't you know that 99% of Nigerians live on less than $1 a day? Insecurity! Corruption! Nothing works! No light! No water! No infrastructure! Only the tiny elite of looters and politicians will be able to patronise you! Why waste your time in that useless country??''

You know what Shoprite did? They simply ignored all that 'advice' from so-called Nigerians, and went ahead and established a couple of outlets. The public response was so overwhelming and positive that now, they've just announced plans to establish 700 more retail outlets in Nigeria.

So what are we talking about? You don't respond kindly to people who refuse to see value in their own selves. I have no patience with them. At best I ignore them, but if they get too cocky, I kick them up the backside like they deserve.

Quit the insults, it does not make you stand tall in this case. You sound like a hot tempered person. You are killing what should have been a good thread for engaging minds on the potentials in Africa.

I think you're biased. You need to extend your criticism to the a priori rude contributors. In any case, my task is done. I have presented the information to those who wish to see, and kept out the doom and gloom brigade like 'antipthia', 'kobojunkie' and 'Theblessed' (notice how they've disappeared?). If I'd treated them with kid gloves and 'politeness' they would have pissed all over this thread and destroyed it with their negativity.

Kindest Regards. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ufeolorun: The gradual turnaround in Rwanda is another inspiring pointer of what's possible
Awe keep them coming Njare wink wink wink

When I first saw those Kigali, Rwanda pictures, you know I nearly shed tears? I never knew they had even one decent road in Rwanda based on the wholesale negative profile of that country offered us by western media over all these years. I had no idea that they were even thinking of rebuilding the place much less, making any progress at all. I mean, arguments about what percentage of people enjoy such facilities there are wholly irrelevant insofar as it it can be seen that that country is clearly taking the initiative, and rebuilding itself from the ashes of conflict. That alone throws a whole different light on the country, as opposed to the image planted in our minds of a place that perennially had a begging bowl stretched out to western aid agencies, with nothing going for it but the next Live Aid concert with Bono and Paul McCartney, or village tour by Angelina Jolie, complete with a hundred fawning cameras.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mbabane, Swaziland

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 25, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City / Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / Tanker Explosion In Odukpani, Cross River Kills Many, Injures Others (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.