Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities (71433 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 5:03am On Jul 24, 2012
More Gaborone..

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by tpia5: 5:05am On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by tpia5: 5:12am On Jul 24, 2012
btw i think travel section already has a thread on this topic.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 24, 2012
Lusaka, Zambia

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 24, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by PhysicsQED(m): 5:26am On Jul 24, 2012
When one can post pictures of most of the cities and towns in an entire state/province/region in an African country and have them look developed/prosperous, then maybe there will actually be a point to posting all these images.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 24, 2012
^^There are two kinds of Africans in this world - Those who are Building up the continent, and those who Moan from morning till night. Keep Moaning.

More Lusaka...

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by bashr8: 5:40am On Jul 24, 2012
well nice pics, i hope to travel more around african cities, it seems africans are not interested in visiting other african cities other than their own , they would rather travel to other third world cities outside africa. infact a lot of africans wont believe places like this exist in africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by tpia5: 5:45am On Jul 24, 2012
you can only do so much travelling in one lifetime.

its not everybody that likes to do ajala travel all over the world sotay dem go ask you if una milk dey brown like una.

some people have the travel bug though.

but not everyone.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by bashr8: 5:47am On Jul 24, 2012
tpia@:
you can only do so much travelling in one lifetime.

its not everybody that likes to do ajala travel all over the world sotay dem go ask you if una milk dey brown like una.

some people have the travel bug though.

but not everyone.
how many nigerian do you know that wake and say hey lets travel to zambia for the weekend? they would rather travel to u.k , even among nigerians some people have never been to more than one or 2 states.travelling can be very educating.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by pendusky(m): 6:06am On Jul 24, 2012
grin grin grin Nice pixs! Mayb I'll change my cordinates to these locations
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by PhysicsQED(m): 6:18am On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE: ^^There are two kinds of Africans in this world - Those who are Building up the continent, and those who Moan from morning till night. Keep Moaning.

It's just annoying seeing oases of prosperity and opulence being focused on in places that aren't really developed as a whole.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 24, 2012
^^^Dude please spare us this nonsense. African nations are developing countries, just like 4/5ths of the damn world. You can stay ''annoyed'' and keep patronising already 'fully prosperous' nations, or you can get off your high horse and try touring some of these emerging nations and thus help to contribute to their growth and development.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 7:16am On Jul 24, 2012
^^^

I agree with you, PhysicsQED's reluctance to visit these countries is the main thing holding them back from growing.

@Physiscs, please visit these countries ASAP so they can become first rate countries.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 24, 2012
antitpiah: ^^^

I agree with you, PhysicsQED's reluctance to visit these countries is the main thing holding them back from growing.

@Physiscs, please visit these countries ASAP so they can become first rate countries.

If millions more like him decided to visit these nations of course it would absolutely help to lift the standard of living of the less fortunate in those societies, or haven't you got a brain? India receives up to $30 billion a year from tourism, and man for man, she's poorer, less developed, and suffers more corruption than many of these countries being showcased here. She just doesn't get as much bad press as Africa does.

In any case, as the links I posted earlier show, these African countries are growing pretty fast economically with or without the help of your type, so it's probably best you keep well away, and not pollute them with your negativity.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 24, 2012
Brazzaville, Republic of Congo

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 24, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 24, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 24, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 24, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Pozzy(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2012
beautiful cities they are.. think i have to change my travelling options to some of this cities

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Pozzy(m): 8:10am On Jul 24, 2012
@ ROSSIKE.. which of this countries are visa free or visa at point of entry?
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by basher(m): 11:43am On Jul 24, 2012
BECAUSE, it represents a tiny percentage of what Africa really is. Besides, I do not rate having tall buildings and a handfull of super rich in the capital cities as a sign of progress.

Let us:

- reduce povery
- increase healthcare
- make drinking water available to everyone
- make electricity available to everyone
- education
- good roads
- acknowledge and fight the worst form of bigotory TRIBALISM
- reduce corruption to acceptable levels
- Security
- establish a safety net for the poorest of the poor and the disabled (rather than our comedians making fun of them and calling them "imbeciles" while so called educated middle class crowd laughs)
- etc etc

Who cares if the world knows that we have a handful of "big men" that sail and own yatches or that we have a handfull of pointless tall bulidings in some capital cities while homeless kids run around the streets and starve to death.

I'd prefer an Africa where everyone had the basics which would be properly spread out, rather than one where a small proportion of people are running around in Range rovers (let me ignore the pot holes here) amongst shiny buildings concentrated in a small areas.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by bokohalal(m): 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2012
Thank you very much Rossike. I think the point of this thread is that Africa is not all about poverty or starvation. That is what we are bombarded with everyday in North America.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Padipadi(m): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2012
Nice Pics. Of cos, Africa s rich.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
Padipadi: Nice Pics. Of cos, Africa s rich.

Yeah, so rich . . . with imported technology and foreign city-state concepts and ideas.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ghana surprised me, though..

Despite all the noise by Ghanaian trolls on NL, Accra didn't live up to the hype. sad

Amazing pictures, I need to travel around Africa.. grin
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
@ROSSIKE

Thanks for those pictures. My tourism mentality has been positively altered. There are so many places on interest in Africa. We should promote our own.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by drzed: 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2012
Infrastructure alone does not make a city beautiful.
The people (and their attitude towards each other and foreigners) count as much, if not more.
Like in human beings, facial beauty is only skin deep.

Nice pictures though.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Godogwu: 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2012
Kobojunkie: um . . . it is not hidden from the world. Africans who can afford living in those cities make up about 0.01% of the population. Majority of those places, including Durban are occupied by the elite, and foreigners. Over 90% of Africans do not live in those nice buildings you have there. That is why the world does not focus in on the shiny parts of Africa because they know that is not where the majority in Africa really live.

Isn't that the same for even whites?, or would you say that a majority of whites live in Manhattan, the Hamptons or Beverly Hills which is why we see those places on TV most of the time to persuade our Psyche to believe that's how all of America looks like. showing of these kind of places in Africa would tell many African's in diaspora that there is a whole lot of hope and future for them in their countries, but if they keep seeing poverty, illness, and malnourished children, they would believe that there' still no hope in their homeland and would slave themselves in these western countries and keep enriching those countries rather than theirs.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by DeepSight(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2012
You see, this is why every sensible African should adamantly support the creation of a unified African state as the United States of Africa.

The synergy would be incomparable.

It would INSTANTLY be one of the major countries in the world - with of course a permanent security council seat and veto.

the expanse of its economy and population could catapult it within say. . . 50 years to being the number one industrial, economic, political and military giant in the world.

World domination. Where's Pinky and the the Brain. . . .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.