Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (103027 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Trac: 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2012
Ikenna351: @ Trac & Yungboss,

Dis una grammer don too much. Mey una take am sofly sofly. Me i no do engineering o! Na ordinally Political Scientist i be. The only thing i sabi na spanner and sensor A or sensor B. grin All these grammer you guys are vomiting here sounds Abracadabra.

Seriously! Yungboss, there is no point trying to prove to anyone why you chose the car you have over others. I used to make that mistake, but have stopped it longtime ago. You. I mean, only YOU, knew what you saw in your car; you know why you prefered it over others and want to stick with it, as long as it takes. You don't have to convince me to believe in your choice. Yes, there could be other better cars out there. But what about it. Must you test all of them before you stop to exist? I can only leave a particular brand when it gives me reason to, otherwise, whats the point. To put it in another manner, must you keep changing wives or girlfriends, as you meet beautiful ladies you never imagined could exist on daily basis? You only have to take one, close the door and face other things in life. Unless that babe gives you reason to look for another (even though we could try to endure untill the thing no gree work again). But then, we have so much in life to explore than to keep limiting our precious time on one thing, changing it over and over again, just to get the full test & satisfaction of it, when there are more things in life to pursue and conquer. Thats how I see cars.

Hope I didnt derail too much? grin grin grin

Ikenna.

@ Ikenna

You may not have studied engineering as you said but you are mechanically inclined (at least to a certain degree). From some of your post, you are a petrolhead (i.e. a person that is enthusiastic about motoring and enjoys the pleasure of driving). To a degree, automotive was covered in my college curriculum and I also went to auto-school and took two trainings: engine installation/rebuild and electronics. This is why you find some of my posts different; it is because I am explaining it from an engineering or manufacturing perspective.

I was going to state the same to YungBoss about choices but you have beaten me to it. It's all good.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Trac: 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
yungboss:

lol@ur anology, e make sense. thanx Ik, taken in. I never reach to speak grammer with trac o...no mind me. U, trac, siena and some other folks here...are guys i respect. I thought i was making enquiries.
@trac,
Pls dont take it too hard on a brother only learning.

@ YungBoss

There are no hard-feelings. I understand now what your intents were; I thought you were trying to be clever. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley (You should have no problem handling the truth wink)
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Emperoh(m): 11:16am On Aug 13, 2012
Yungboss

What's the limit on the 5 cylinder Audi 90E
Did up to 180km/hr last Friday along ofosu benin road, headed to enugu!!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
Emperoh: Yungboss

The Audi 90E 1,994cc 5 cylinder, like the rest of the Audi Big Five's, is tough as old boots. With 115 hp, it'll reach a maximum of 202 km/h.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by t3ky(m): 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
Check out abeokuta - shagamu expressway you can easily do 200kph
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 4:14am On Aug 14, 2012
Emperoh: Yungboss

emperor, you must be one hell of a driver...that 's a tempting road too man
@siena,
audi 90 is the predesessor to the A4 right?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by tundesto(m): 7:01am On Aug 14, 2012
Fastest I have done so far is 160km/h on Akure-Ibadan express way.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Emperoh(m): 10:07am On Aug 14, 2012
yungboss:
emperor, you must be one hell of a driver...that 's a tempting road too man

lol!! Most times these speed reaches are unconscious.
U just look up and see ur needle dangling in the region u do never thought to reach.
Just like last Friday, i was a bit cautious, thinking i had an old car that could develop an issue at any time
only for me to hit a long stretch of good road and here was my cheetah Audi racing away.

But it was fun!! wink grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Akwaowoa(m): 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
lucom: In 2006 on my way to Ado-Ekiti with my 95BMW 525i A C180 Benz and a 99 Accord zoomed past me while I was doing only 100kph, really felt slighted and doubled up I simply took out the accord in less than 3 minutes but formed a bracket with the Benz until I got to Iloko-Ijesa junction and had to let him go because he was going towards Akure while I turned in to my left for Ekiti. If I can recollect I think I did up to 200kph or more that day.
I must thank u for telling us the truth! There are actually 2 cars: mercedes and others. But german cars demand respect when it comes to speeding. I trust beemers and volks. But you couldnt get past even d smallest c benz. Then benz is really a machine. Ill do better with my c 230
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Akwaowoa(m): 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
lucom: In 2006 on my way to Ado-Ekiti with my 95BMW 525i A C180 Benz and a 99 Accord zoomed past me while I was doing only 100kph, really felt slighted and doubled up I simply took out the accord in less than 3 minutes but formed a bracket with the Benz until I got to Iloko-Ijesa junction and had to let him go because he was going towards Akure while I turned in to my left for Ekiti. If I can recollect I think I did up to 200kph or more that day.
I must thank u for telling us the truth! There are actually 2 cars: mercedes and others. But german cars demand respect when it comes to speeding. I trust beemers and volks. But you couldnt get past even d smallest c benz. Then benz is really a machine. Ill do better with my c 230.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Moranc(m): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2012
°º≈myº˚˚ highest speed was 140km/h in °º≈myº˚˚ mumsy car. Mazda xedos9. Though I ‎​W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅ ̄ι̥ι̥ love to G̶̲̥̅Õ̳͡ more dan dat bt because of °º≈myº˚˚ junior ones dat r in d car dats y I maintain dat speed
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Meristem: 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
][size=18pt] HERES SOME ADVICE DUDES - DONT DRIVE FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY! THATS THE SPEED LIMIT RULE. IF YOU DO, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN [/size]

4 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by temmym4(m): 1:13am On Sep 09, 2012
160km/h with Nissan Primera @ Akure-Ibadan Expressway
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Damibanti: 7:48am On Sep 22, 2012
Meristem: ][size=18pt] HERES SOME ADVICE DUDES - DONT DRIVE FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY! THATS THE SPEED LIMIT RULE. IF YOU DO, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN [/size]
True that
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by smaj: 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
220km/h Honda accord 2003(EOD)- from Oyo to Ibadan last year November
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by bskyb(m): 12:40am On Sep 23, 2012
I did 160km/hr with a Kia cerato 2005 on lagos - Ibadan expressway. It was very unusual as i normally would stay below the 120 mark.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by andywaves(m): 11:57am On Oct 03, 2012
in 2005 newly bought 90s mazda 626 2.2ltr twin cam engine travelling from enugu to asaba 180km/h
same car same year travelling from asaba to benin 210km/h pursueing a 1.6ltr 2006 toyota corrolla in both cases
damn that car is fast.now now father of three cant go above 160km/h too bad
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by gulfer: 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
I am still waiting for the SUV driver that will bost of going beyond 150km/hr, tell you they never luce to tell the story especially on the Nigerian roads.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by honeywallz: 10:49am On Oct 04, 2012
hello palz.
we have just re-designed our premium vehicle trackers from our OEM/ODM partner company in china.
we've tailor suited the software and emergency triggers to suit our sub-saharan city lifetstyle.
GPS INTEL is the company, and we offer vehicle tracking, mobile assets tracking, individual persons tracking, and vehicle fleet management services.
free demo is always available.
call our 24-hr LIVE TRACKING facility on; 0807 234 1552
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by lukkie(m): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2012
gulfer: I am still waiting for the SUV driver that will bost of going beyond 150km/hr, tell you they never luce to tell the story especially on the Nigerian roads.

I've done 160km/h on the 3rd Mainland Bridge with an '02 Pathfinder. However the car started shaking violently and I had to drop my speed almost immediately. I know Siena will say I didn't use GPS but I had to rely on d car's speedo. I don't plan to try it again though :-)
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by godssonibk: 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2012
I did 200km/hr with my Mazda6...I remembered a 2005 accord was trying to overtake me but i made the accord feel so stupid lol.. Average speed of 180km/hr Kaduna to Abuja...What a super road!!!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Salaminous: 9:16am On Oct 12, 2012
Abuja airport to town sometime in 1995 or 1996 can't really remember 200km/hr 1994 M/B E320
Lagos Ibadan Express returning from Ibadan in 2001 210km/hr 1990 BMW 535i
third mainland bridge heading to the mainland in 2002 235km/hr 1994 BMW 535i
I'm a lot more responsible now so i just trot about at a manageable 140 - 170 km/hr depending on the car and road condition.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Salaminous: 9:20am On Oct 12, 2012
gulfer: I am still waiting for the SUV driver that will bost of going beyond 150km/hr, tell you they never luce to tell the story especially on the Nigerian roads.

MMM on the 1st page of this thread already posted a 200kph in a merc G550 though he said he was tipsy so i guess we can't take his word at that then tongue
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 11:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
well, i think 150km/h is a modest speed...i remember the first time i travelled in my bmw 320i, chased a Nissan Armada(v8), passed him at 160km/h...he was prolly doing something close to mine cos i slowly reeled him in and pulled away slowly too.
Meanwhile, have you imagined sitting on 180km/h in your supposedly new camry, and a 1995 bmw 3 series 2.0L outruns you? Sure you knew you were competing! i travelled to benin 2weeks ago in same bmw, gave a chap driving a camry 2008 2.4l a nice run for his money. Killed him off at 200km/h. Virtually only two cars (my bmw and the camry) on the road. Came right behind me aggressively, passed me at 160km/h. I accelerated to 180, keeping him neck and neck with me, for like 3mins...i heard his engine screaming for more as i walked up to 200, leaving him 7+ cars behind me. Waited for him to come close, gave him the chase once again and outdid him at close to 200km/h, only both of us on the road, very early, so open and wide was the road as i remained in front of him for the rest of the journey...when we got to benin city, by the traffic lights, i gave way for him to pass me and he couldn't help but staring hard at me. I gave him the thumbs up in return.
Aim of my silly act: to make him detest his toyota, to make him know that my bimmer was older (1995), hence more experienced.
and that it's simply a Nazi tool, you dont wanna toil with...

5 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by staffingx: 6:12pm On Oct 13, 2012
After reading all your conquests withat beemer, i am having sweet memories of my sold 95 320i, and seriously considering adding a 98 320i wagon with sports suspension and a 5 speed auto gear, just imported from Germany, to my fleet.

But on a more serious note, beemers are made like no other cars. Particularly the 90s models. If I go ahead and buy that beemer, it would be a collectors item, IMHO.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 7:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
staffingx: After reading all your conquests withat beemer, i am having sweet memories of my sold 95 320i, and seriously considering adding a 98 320i wagon with sports suspension and a 5 speed auto gear, just imported from Germany, to my fleet.

But on a more serious note, beemers are made like no other cars. Particularly the 90s models. If I go ahead and buy that beemer, it would be a collectors item, IMHO.
yea for real, the 90's bmws were great cars in their time. I had someone willing to bring in a '95 M3 4me above 100,000miles, but on a 2nd thought, the car might have been abused cos its an m3 and i would like to test-drive a car before i pay, so i discarded the idea of committing over N1m to something without a proven condition. Settled for a 2003/4 330i...should have picked it up but have alot of financial committments so it's been deferred till next year. I try to remind me all the time i travel that HIGH SPEED isn't safe on Nigerian roads so that would be my last escapade in that direction...i plan to keep the e30 and e36 as collector's items...
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by timifakay(m): 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mojibola: 230miles/hr, Central Rosewood, in my all tuned up Audi A4 3.2 quattro. Agent Cross chasing me a$$ @ heat level 5.
Time: Everyday
NFS MW! u make me LMFAO!!!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by timifakay(m): 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
140kmph
Audi 80
Ojoo end of Lagos- Ibadan expressway.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
limitless speed isn't safe on Nigerian Roads, lets be wise...i dont think i'd ever drive at such insane speeds again, i hang my boots!

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
After reading all your conquests with that beemer, i am having sweet memories of my sold 95 320i, and seriously considering adding a 98 320i wagon with sports suspension and a 5 speed auto gear, just imported from Germany, to my fleet.

you'r right. The e30 is what i'd consider my collector's item. I had someone who was supposed to bring a '95 M3 in for me, but i wasn't too sure of the condition of the car. Didnt know if i would be paying for an over flogged M3 or one in good condition, so i quashed the idea. Now i'm on course for a '2003/4 330i. That'l be sealed in the new year 'cos i have other financial committments to deal with for now.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by bayooz(m): 10:45am On Oct 14, 2012
Just test run my wife's newly purchased 1996 Camry aka Orobo yesterday. Ibadan to ilorin to Ibadan. Controlled myself to stay at 160km/h with cruise control. That car is a tempting devil shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 14, 2012
Mojibola: 230miles/hr, Central Rosewood, in my all tuned up Audi A4 3.2 quattro. Agent Cross chasing me a$$ @ heat level 5.
Time: Everyday

Sorry to butt in here - an Audi A4 quattro 3,2 V6 makes 241 bhp. It's IMPOSSIBLE to reach a speed of 230 mph in that car. It just doesn't make anywhere near enough power. 230 km/h yeah, not mph. Unless this is just some joke.

#JusticeforAluu4

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.