Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,905 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (102952 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Demdem(m): 8:43am On Jul 25, 2012
femmy2010: ;DThe fastest I have done is 110k

Likewise me even with my Benz. I honestly want to live long.
Life is sweet. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 25, 2012
ibsmooth: 190km/hr Minna-abuja 3rd May,2010 in EOD 2005
thats a very bad road...i dont even believe you

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by KOMBE: 8:46am On Jul 25, 2012
180km/hr on Port harcourt - Enugu road with a 2002 Toyota camry and the ride was just a year old then. I was feeling very much okay with myself until my senior sister said that I was quite slow. Her driving is something else and I hardly join her car.
Now I have 3 lovely kids and won't speed above 80km/hr... I love this life ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 25, 2012
1996 VW Jetta 150km/hr...3rd mainland bridge and lekki-epe express
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by mejai(m): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2012
1) okigwe-enugu = 15mins @ 200km/ph (honda legend, 1993 model)
2) enugu - ph = 1hr 45mins @ 180/200km/hr (2008 toyota corolla); dis was in 2009.
3) asaba-benin = 35mins @ 210km/hr(electronically limited speed on benz cars) (R350 4matic) baby monster. Happened last yr.
4) enugu - awka= 25mins @ 180km/hr(nissan pick-up, 2005 model). + check-points o. All d same speed kills. Always wear ur seat-belt pls!!!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by MeAgain(m): 8:51am On Jul 25, 2012
175km/h kia rio 2008 Benin - Asaba express way.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by tellwisdom: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2012
242Km On china bridge, but the Car flew off, leaving me! embarassed embarassed
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by boyendowed(m): 8:55am On Jul 25, 2012
You guys should cool down on the speed.Life is precious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by noblegas2(m): 8:57am On Jul 25, 2012
217km/H with a Lexus IS 250 on Mex(Maju Expressway) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 25, 2012
The maximum I've driven was 160km/hr, ogbomosho-ilorin express road. That was May this year with my Honda E0D 2003 model/manual gear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by tellwisdom: 9:04am On Jul 25, 2012
casket: The maximum I've driven was 160km/hr, ogbomosho-ilorin express road. That was May this year with my Honda E0D 2003 model/manual gear.

Continue, ur name is waiting for you undecided undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by sirp2007: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2012
SPEED THRILLS BUT KILLS.....THERE IS NO PRIZE FOR OVER SPEEDING.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by dinoinlove: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2012
160km auchi express way.car hondar bull dog 1995 model.this car suck big time it was like I was on 40km
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by ManTJ1(m): 9:06am On Jul 25, 2012
yungboss: nice topic, hope you wouldn't mind my narration:
chasing a 2002 toyota avalon and a nissan maxima 2.5 whose egotistic drivers earlier on, thought blaring their horns behind me in an irritating manner on a bad ph/warri road would make me a pushover in my very sound '95 bmw 320i the avalon took me out from almost zero... on hitting a good stretch of the road. chased him ...even though he kept widening the gap up until 150km/h after which his family sedan got tired...he tried all he could with his hazard starting to blink at 160... (at this point the maxima had let off a bit) i pushed easily to hit 190km/h taking him outta my the way same time giving him my hazard as a polite way to pay back....trying not to be more than 5cars behind,he kept tryin to close in but couldn't do nil as he let off and with the road still silky smooth with a good view ahead, i cruised for a while to make sure this family car gets small in my rear view mirror before i restored some civility to the road...

Don't try dt next tym cus u ar inviting untimely death. Don't put your family in sorrow. A word is enough for only the wise.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by calabaman(m): 9:06am On Jul 25, 2012
chasing a 2002 toyota avalon and a nissan maxima 2.5 whose egotistic drivers earlier on, thought blaring their horns behind me in an irritating manner on a bad ph/warri road would make me a pushover in my very sound '95 bmw 320i the avalon took me out from almost zero... on hitting a good stretch of the road. chased him ...even though he kept widening the gap up until 150km/h after which his family sedan got tired...he tried all he could with his hazard starting to blink at 160... (at this point the maxima had let off a bit) i pushed easily to hit 190km/h taking him outta my the way same time giving him my hazard as a polite way to pay back....trying not to be more than 5cars behind,he kept tryin to close in but couldn't do nil as he let off and with the road still silky smooth with a good view ahead, i cruised for a while to make sure this family car gets small in my rear view mirror before i restored some civility to the road...
I like ur style bro. Ders really no ride like a beamer
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 25, 2012
To All d asian car drivers forming pulling over 175km/hr. No dis-respek, 'em toyotas,hondas,hyundais,kias,nissan,'common' mitsubishis aren't stabilized enuf,2do beyond 170km/hr ur cars stabilizers will disagree wit u,if u try it. even if u're driving a 2012 model wit d ECT,AWD, & so on......A japanese car dat I can't rate is Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution,its an F1 approved racing car,so I wuldnt doubt,if it goes 225km/hr.

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by jude33084(m): 9:09am On Jul 25, 2012
Mr Seun thank you for preparing a platform for our kids to destroy theirselves. Topics like this should nt make headlines angry You should be ashame of yourself
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by gulfer: 9:12am On Jul 25, 2012
toba: 160km/ph

Deawoo lanos 2002 model on 3Rd mainland bridge in 2004. Was rushing from Airport to ikoyi on that saturday morning so as not to be cut up in the Environmental saturday. Left Airport 6.40am and environmental starts at 7.00am

150km/ph
Scoda Octavia 2002 model on Lagos/Ibadan expressway in 2005. Was rushing down from Ife(osun state) to Lagos on a Friday evening
Always rushing! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by jude33084(m): 9:15am On Jul 25, 2012
Man TJ:

Don't try dt next tym cus u ar inviting untimely death. Don't put your family in sorrow. A word is enough for only the wise.

And d owner of nairaland is encouraging a deadly topic such as this sad
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by dinoinlove: 9:16am On Jul 25, 2012
jude33084: Mr Seun thank you for preparing a platform for our kids to destroy theirselves. Topics like this should nt make headlines angry You should be ashame of yourself

You know the magnitude of insult U̶̲̥̅̊ just rendered to urself.kids don't drive cars.U̶̲̥̅̊ must be 18 A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ above to get a licence.so U̶̲̥̅̊ should know grown up men love <3 speed that is why we buy flying cars.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by lucom: 9:16am On Jul 25, 2012
In 2006 on my way to Ado-Ekiti with my 95BMW 525i A C180 Benz and a 99 Accord zoomed past me while I was doing only 100kph, really felt slighted and doubled up I simply took out the accord in less than 3 minutes but formed a bracket with the Benz until I got to Iloko-Ijesa junction and had to let him go because he was going towards Akure while I turned in to my left for Ekiti. If I can recollect I think I did up to 200kph or more that day.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by dreday(m): 9:17am On Jul 25, 2012
teejay_3009: To All d asian car drivers forming pulling over 175km/hr. No dis-respek, 'em toyotas,hondas,hyundais,kias,nissan,'common' mitsubishis aren't stabilized enuf,2do beyond 170km/hr ur cars stabilizers will disagree wit u,if u try it. even if u're driving a 2012 model wit d ECT,AWD, & so on......A japanese car dat I can't rate is Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution,its an F1 approved racing car,so I wuldnt doubt,if it goes 225km/hr.
No disrespect but just cos u ain't experienced or done it doesn't mean it ain't true. I know a friend who used to push his Toyota Corolla 2005 to 180km/hr regularly and I mean regularly
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by jude33084(m): 9:17am On Jul 25, 2012
tellwisdom:

Continue, ur name is waiting for you undecided undecided

Well said wink
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Enlightened1: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2012
I've done 180km/PH with my aunts Mercedes SLK UYO-PH
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by 190theclown: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2012
Nice topic

Jan 1st 2009
While chasing a toyota prado - I did 200km/h even though
Th e highest limit was 220km/h in my new 190 back then
Met d prado and they were all shocked, mainted this speed for
5mins tops and then stepped on d brakes, mercedes is stable, it felt kinda
Light at 200km/h and my friend in d car had already prepred 2 wind down his glass
And leap through d window as exit should anythin happpen

Feb 14 2012
While comin frm d club was chashin a 2010 mercedes c - class
On d mabushi express way abuja - did a 180km/h 3am in d nite
And my speed cable cut and d speedometer stopped readin dis wuz clearly
Anoda 190, I didn't relent and kept goin but wit what I saw it wuz 180 before
It cut and stopped readin, cudnt meet d c-class doe but wuz proud of my achievement

September 19 2011
My friend had 2 wraps of egbo steppped in2 his direct belguim 190
2weeks after buyin it for 800k from cotonu, did a 220km/h d highest ever
For d 190 series after smokin egbo -
Na inside bush we from bring him and d car

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by megxo(m): 9:19am On Jul 25, 2012
ah did 140km/hr fom ma house 2 church cos i was almost late 4 mass...... crazy tin 2 do sha
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by eshirov: 9:19am On Jul 25, 2012
In 2004, between ore and Lagos in a BMW 5 series, 1990 model, I made 240km/hr constant for a good distance. On this very trip from Warri to Lagos took me 3 and a half hour. I am a family man now, I can venture this again.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by aminho(m): 9:21am On Jul 25, 2012
mine is 200km with a pejo4o6 from old cairo to new cairo
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by lahips: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2012
People please this is not something to be proud of, a young person who is not acquinted with road hazards might decide to emulate you people on his or her first road trip with this speed limits, and am sure we all know this is detrimental to our safety, how do people drive 180km/hr, welldone ohh but if i where you i would not brag rather i would caution myself. a word is enough for the wise. for me its "SAFETY FIRST', and the funniest part is the arival time difference for you who is over speeding and the next person will not be up to an hour, please make "SAFETY FIRST" your priority.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by coalcoal1(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2012
Mine was in the year 2000. I drove 200km/h in a 1992 camry v6 on my way to Aba between Ofosu and Okada just becos a volvo 244GLE overtook me while driving at 160km/h.
It was a scary experience though and since then, the highest I drive is 160km/h when on a good stretch, depending on the state of the vehicle anyway.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by ZUBY77(m): 9:23am On Jul 25, 2012
On my BMW E36, 325i double exhaust, 6 cylinder heavy Motor.- note they call 'Engine' 'motor' in Germany.. I did 180km on Benin-Asaba highway and no vehicle whatsoever could come after me. I got scared anyway. That car is a land jet.

On Mitsubishi Lancer v-boot, 2005 model, i did 150km on on the same road and wind nearly swept me out of the road before i reduced to 130km which is still top speed for that balloon car. I have long decided never to go over 140km on any car made in Asia.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Burger01(m): 9:30am On Jul 25, 2012
Na wa o. I hate it when some disparate and egoistic drivers blared the horns of their cars in an irritating manner. Nice one for dampened his show off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.