Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (102950 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by steve13(m): 9:31am On Jul 25, 2012
2006 ...Benz E220 benin Asaba road I did 220km/hr...very scary,

2008... Hyundai Matrix...Kuala lumpur-KLIA 190km/hr,was rushing to drop some one off at the airport,

2011....EOD ....third mainland bridge....180km/hr,

But I don't do it again,120km/hr is my max speed now,but I can/will if need be.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Burger01(m): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2012
femmy2010: ;DThe fastest I have done is 110k
lol.. You try I beg. No be joke. I have a friend no mater the distance he won't go more than 70km/hr. Me i no dey follow him travel at all.. cheesy
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by IbnTimothy: 9:37am On Jul 25, 2012
tuoyoojo: I did 170km/h along Abuja-Kaduna expressed road in a honda accord 1998.
What is the highest speed you ever driven and what car were you driving then?

..... Nigerians again celebrating lawlessness. What is the speed limit on those roads? You probably don't know.... yet you blame politicians for breaking the law (by stealing money). I can see how innocent you are
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by leftone: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2012
i have done 170km/hr twice...
first was with a honda civic 2004 model on ilorin-ogbomosho express...car felt so light.
second time was a BMW 3series 99 model on third mainland bridge and believe me,those cars are built for just that.
was about 12AM on a weekday so road was free...
i didnt know i was going that fast till i looked at my speedometer.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by 190theclown: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2012
I once comppleted a 6hr trip in 2hrs 45mins

During my granmoms burial 2010
Dat was abuja - benin

I remember doing a 200kmh in my 190 that day
Left abuja 6am in d morning, hit gwawalada by 6.20am from grawimpa via lugbe
By 9.10am I was already at d fly over in benin

I must confess I had 2 cans of alomo dat day before travellin
And I wuz already past okpella before my eyes became clearer

No car past me and I knew d dangerous spots on d road so well

190 remains d best mercedes eva 2 be made

6hrs journey in 2hrs 45mins
Dey wudnt believe it when I arrived - I opened my bonnet and d smoke
Dat left my engine could fry yam

Am a speeder - I picked a frnd some days ago
And all he kept saying wuz sofree oh sofree oh
I know say u like speed

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by ayodot(m): 9:41am On Jul 25, 2012
140km on a toyota camry
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Decency75: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2012
you guys must be freaky joking, on a Nigerian deadly road? So, over speeding is making you people feel like a Hero. Shame to all of you.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Burger01(m): 9:49am On Jul 25, 2012
2 years ago, from Abeokuta to Ijebu-Ode, na jejely i dey cruise @140km/hr in my Benz C-200. Was about to overtake a CRV 2000 model, suddenly the guy began to drive faster trying to show off. okay, I was ready for this. He tried up to 160km/hr and couldn't go faster than that. I just hissed and overtook him and maintained my speed @200km/hr till he thinned out in my rare mirror. That was the fastest I ever did o and i don't think I would ever want to try that again. I thank God I am still alive from all my driving experiences.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by iKoksi(m): 9:52am On Jul 25, 2012
Last XMas returning to Abj from south, 200Km/hr. One xpress @ Kogi (after 9th mile, leads to Kogi state uni). Audi A4 Quattro, V6, 3.0L, 30V
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Akwaowoa(m): 9:53am On Jul 25, 2012
I did 170km/hr along calabar-itu highway, in a c230 1995 model. Of course its no road compared to express ways like those in benin or lagos etc. And i was actually running after a volkswagen toureg v6. I overtook it with enormous clearance. When i stopped the man on reaching me thought i was mad. I would love to try an express way no doubt.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by steve13(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2012
IbnTimothy:

..... Nigerians again celebrating lawlessness. What is the speed limit on those roads? You probably don't know.... yet you blame politicians for breaking the law (by stealing money). I can see how innocent you are

Timothy there is no speed limit on Nigerian roads..who is monitoring the speed So U̶̲̥̅̊ mean speeding on ya car is now = to (stealing money

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 25, 2012
Owerri - Onitsha road (dec 2011):- 200km/hr in a 2008 honda city. Very risky I know, the car is so light and it wasn't built for running long distances.

Port - Enugu (february 2012):- 170km/hr in an Infinity Fx35

I usually don't drive above 100-120/per hour. I got kids on the way.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by pharuk: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2012
Speed: 120mph
Car: Rover 2008 model
Road: M1 to London
Reason: To impress a chick
Outcome: Dumped me for trying to kill her
Lesson: Difference btw driving at 180mph and 90mph is a few mins in arrival time (usually not more than 10-15mins) will i want to put my life, family, friends and my dog in heart ache for that? rather set off on time and accept been late than LATE!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by DECOtech(m): 9:59am On Jul 25, 2012
185km/hr in a 2008 toyota hilux in a 16-vehicle convoy on Lokoja/Enugu road. I normally might not have driven that fast, but had to keep up with the crazy pilot-1 driver on the lead so as to avoid getting lost cos It was my first time on that route. Though I really luvd the feel n wld like to do it again.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2012
Ford Orion 180km/h, benin - sapele express road. I will never try it again ; an old man driving a benz that I overtook way back, even though he was telling me to take it easy, still met me at santana market. I concluded, speeding beyound 120km/hr doesn't make sense, no matter the road.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2012
Decency75: you guys must be freaky joking, on a Nigerian deadly road? So, over speeding is making you people feel like a Hero. Shame to all of you.

Some federal roads in Naija are so on point men. Like the owerri - onitsha road, as smooth as fùck!

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 25, 2012
I did 180km/hr in my uncle's Range Rover Sport from Akure to Lagos. God! I will never forget my experience with the Range. Moves so fast and so responsive at every pedal press. C'mon.. that's what I call a Jeep..
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by omodapson(m): 10:05am On Jul 25, 2012
Highest I have gone is 120km/h on a very smooth road with about 2km visibility. Life is so precious to be wasted on any road. When being driven by a driver, 150km/h. When i discovered, had to warn him seriously.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by SirJohn(m): 10:08am On Jul 25, 2012
Mr moderator, this shouldn't be on the front page; a lot of what I have read is simply suicidal. Driving on Nigerian roads at 160,170,200,220,240Km/H is not worth celebrating at all; at such speeds, you have little or no thinking distance and your stopping distance too is short in the event of an emergency.
I have done a couple of dangerous speeds as well but wont talk about it in an open forum with lots of hot blooded youngsters... nah!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by micklplus(m): 10:10am On Jul 25, 2012
Its fun to speed and that's what any young chap would tell you.

Most peeps over speeding are not adult adult so, they see it as normal to 'run'!

Well, the highest I do now is 120km/h! Even when I am driving from one end of the world to another.

In truth, I oversped before sha I nor go lie. I did 150km/h in honda halla 2003. I did 180km/h in 2008 E class in 2008 on third mainland. I have done a consistent 140km/h before.

Now, I do a consistent 100km/h and my highest is 120km/h . I love my "shildrens" and wife well well

Too much speed nor good oooo and please, don't drive yourself to death!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by unclenna(m): 10:14am On Jul 25, 2012
I drove 140km/h along airport road in Port Harcourt.......One kia driver wanted to show me he knows how to speed and it was all fun because we both fired it to the peak until i passed him...though it was not easy and I don't do that often.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nkemtreasure: 10:21am On Jul 25, 2012
Car: Mec CLS 500
Road: Owerri PH Road
Speed: 142mph (227.2kmph)
Date : April 2012.
The car is so fast and u won't feel it. But can't go beyond 110km when my wife is in d car. Esp in a japanese car.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by ODB1: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2012
5000 LIGHT YEARS.

I opened a worm hole

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by chizzy2(f): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2012
150 km/h 1997 Golf 3
makurdi - adikpo road - a lovely stretch before adikpo . . . was testing the machine tongue
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by mrkels(m): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2012
Ok I got to 190km/hr one day when my yeye friend was laughing at me that I can't move faster than 120km/hr on my clean mecerdes regular benz so I decided to surprise him. It was a silly thing to do sha but it was fun as I could see him shouting and crying begging me to reduce my speed, the more he shouted, the more I increased it until I passed a bump on the road and I felt weigthlessness for about 3 seconds,I mean it was funny and as I looked at my friend I could see him closing his eyes already hoping to be in heaven if anything happens. As for me that 3 seconds weightlessness was a beautiful thing while it lasted as I have never experienced a thing like that before and it when the tyres finally hit the grounds that was when my senses came back as I almost lost control of the car. As much as I loved the. Experience, I ll never try it again in my life. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 25, 2012
In my early years of traveling I used to do up to 150km/h(on Ife-Ibadan Expressway), but now I don't do more than 120. No matter where I'm traveling to, I don't do more than 120km. I got used to 120 with my former car, Honda Civic 2004, which alerted me anytime I went beyond 120. Now, I do between 100-120 anywhere. There was a day we were traveling to Kwara and my vo passenger was complaining that I was too slow. I told her I can't do more than that. One commercial bus just overtook us, and less than 200m, we saw the bus in the bush, having swerved there when faced with 2 trailers overtaking one another. I don't know whether there was fatality but at least passengers were injured and the driver still stuck when we got there 1 minute later. I told my wife, if I had sped more, we would have been in that position at the time

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Blackteeth(m): 10:32am On Jul 25, 2012
hmm. These guys firing 200km/h I wonder oh. 120 was too fast for me
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Ishilove: 10:34am On Jul 25, 2012
A smashing 15km/h... along UNILAG FSS road

It was so scary!!!cheesy grin tongue
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by anelkachev: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2012
I was actually driven and I don't know the make of the car.But one of my school mates actually drove at 180km per hour along Adatan motorway in Abeokuta enroute Fce Osiele.That was October 2003,I got scarred on that day and to my eternal shame guys still make reference to my tears and clamour for him to slow down.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by BusHouse(m): 10:36am On Jul 25, 2012
The fastest av done was 210 kmph, with my 1995 v6 24 valve 3.0 mitshubishi sigma (american specs), along abuja-kaduna express road. This was in year 2010.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Prestonvic(m): 10:44am On Jul 25, 2012
160km/hr on toyota corolla 1992 model (liftback) in 2009 along benin-asaba express. Car was so light.
I vowed never to go beyond 120km/hr
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by fredoooooo: 10:45am On Jul 25, 2012
180km /h the speed limit is 130 km/h on the autostrada italia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.