Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Patience Jonathan Nd Turai Yaradua Fight Over Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Nd Turai Yaradua Fight Over Land (690 Views)

Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Turai Yaradua's Speech In Newyork. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Nd Turai Yaradua Fight Over Land by mtim14(m): 6:49am On Jul 25, 2012
The Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN), yesterday informed the FCT High Court, Bwari that the Federal Government has made an arraignment for an out of court settlement in the land dispute between incumbent First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan and the former First Lady Turai Yar’ adua. Adoke disclosed this at the resumed hearing yesterday presided over by Justice Peter Affen. The suit which was filed by Turai on behalf of her personal Non-governmental Organization (NGO), Women and Youth Empowerment Foundation WAYEF. The disputed land –Plot No. 1347 Cadastral Zone, AOO Central Business District, Abuja, FCT measuring 1.84 hectares was initially allocated to the WAYEF while Turai was First Lady. While adjourning till 24 September for report of settlement, Affen advised parties to settle the matter out of court. Trouble started 2nd November, 2011, when the Minister of FCT Senator Bala Mohammed purported revoked the allocation for overriding public interest and allocated the land to Dame Patience for her own NGO.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/172653-land-tussle-patience-turai-to-settle-out-of-court
Re: Patience Jonathan Nd Turai Yaradua Fight Over Land by Chanchit: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2012
I'm even tired of hearing silly news every morning, can you imagine, at this stage of GEJ papacy, me i no dey shame again o... BBC and co can say what they have to say, it won't be a big deal if GEJ even start to drag land with my papa...
Re: Patience Jonathan Nd Turai Yaradua Fight Over Land by mtim14(m): 9:31am On Jul 25, 2012
This is a definition of national embarasment
Re: Patience Jonathan Nd Turai Yaradua Fight Over Land by OAM4J: 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2012

(1)

Comparing Attah Mills With Goodluck Jonathan / Islamists: Two Stoned To Death For Committing Adultery In Mali / U. K's Double Standard. Please Read.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.