Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Treatment Of Nigerians In Most African Countries. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Treatment Of Nigerians In Most African Countries. (805 Views)

NOI: 70% Of Nigerians Approves Buhari's 30 Days Performance / 10 African Countries With The Highest Military Strength And Fire Power / Prisoners Protest VIP Treatment Of Lebanese Terror Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Treatment Of Nigerians In Most African Countries. by amsky(m): 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2007
i have come to realise that nigerians are looked at in a funny way in most countries in africa.i've been to about 12 african countries and it's the same story.i met someone who thought we were a loud bunch,a few others think we like to show off alot.there are yet more who have a xenophobia.here,in ghana,it's a love hate relationship with nigerians.i know from experience that nigerians here are seen as superior.at the same time,they sometimes loathe nigerians for what they can achieve.i went to a wedding of a nigerian couple a few weeks bk.trust people,they were spraying naira,and dollars and even the new ghc.that was so alarming to the ghanians,and this sparked off a kind of katakata where i was sitting. the people felt 'unsafe' as someone put it,and was like'these nigerians have come here to show off again.let them go to their country and do that'.my question is-is that really who nigerians are?
in the market some days ago,a nigerian lady dealt with a ghanian orange seller in the market for insulting her.i heard them say'these nigerians any way they go it's trouble'.i'll like to know why this is so.in south africa,it's not a different story.
i hope someone can come up with some kind of explanation to this.i'd have gone on and on,but time will not permit.
Re: Treatment Of Nigerians In Most African Countries. by uspry1(f): 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2007
@poster

There are lot of existing threads about Nigerian vs other African that is found here at the Culture section as well as sub-section, racism/tribalism.
Re: Treatment Of Nigerians In Most African Countries. by folahann(m): 5:39pm On Dec 11, 2007
This is known everywhere and very popular. So it's not a thing to worry about again b'cos it has become normal.
Ghana

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria / Celebrating University Of Ibadan At 60 / Nigerian Oil ! Where Do We Go From Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.