Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? (1007 Views)

Biafra Day Celebration And Its Implications To Nigeria's Unity / we fought for Oil and not Nigeria's unity - Adekunle / Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by Seamah: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2012
On Sunday evening, news of a fiery message delivered by Pst. Tunde Bakare was making wave. By Monday it had caught on like wild fire culminating in his invitation by the SSS. We cannot deny the fact that Nigeria is not living up to her potentials,no thanks to poor leadership over the years. Nigeria has two major religion, christianity and Islam. However, i have noticed that it is only pastors who are busy calling for the division of this country, death of the president and resignation of the president, while their Muslim counterparts have respectfully stayed out of these issues. Is it that they are being used as fronts by some politicians? Are men of God not supposed to be neutral, admonishing both the opposition and the government in power? Am just wondering, are pastors now the greatest threat to our democracy and unity as a country?
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by hardywaltz(m): 10:31am On Jul 25, 2012
Empty drums make the loudest noise, while Pastors are shouting on the pulpit; the Imams are busy grooming suicide bombers and terrorist. Most riots in the North usually starts after Jumat service. Most Church services are Televised and in English, while Jumat (hope dats d spelling) service ain't televised & mostly in Arabic. Do d maths and will see dat while Christian Pastors call for disintegration of Nigeria just to please their audience; the Muslim Imam are working around the Clock to make it happen.

3 Likes

Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by touchmehard: 11:09am On Jul 25, 2012
Christians are not threats to national unity in any way at all. It's just that Tunde Bakare is a rebel who uses his church and ministry as a front for his selfish political ambitions. Imagine me going to church to hear d word of God and get lifted in my soul, only to end up hearing political blah blah blah. Christians are peaceful people likewise true muslims. Only boko haram and their sponsors are threats to national unity.
May God help us all! Amen!
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by bubadaniel13: 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
Seamah:
On Sunday evening, news of a fiery message delivered by Pst. Tunde Bakare was making wave. By Monday it had caught on like wild fire culminating in his invitation by the SSS. We cannot deny the fact that Nigeria is not living up to her potentials,no thanks to poor leadership over the years. Nigeria has two major religion, christianity and Islam. However, i have noticed that it is only pastors who are busy calling for the division of this country, death of the president and resignation of the president, while their Muslim counterparts have respectfully stayed out of these issues. Is it that they are being used as fronts by some politicians? Are men of God not supposed to be neutral, admonishing both the opposition and the government in power? Am just wondering, are pastors now the greatest threat to our democracy and unity as a country?
I pity people like you,pls if you don't have anything to write just keep quiet,do you think that every that bears John,Benson are Christians?many pastors maybe parading themselves as as Pastors but God doesn't even know the.Don't bring any religious angle to this,so called Pastors and Imams are politicians,that one na their own palaver,you have taken side already which is very wrong.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by Stallion77(f): 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2012
El- Rufai na Christian? All dem people agitating for a sharia region na Christian? Abeg fashi dis religious corner corner jor.
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by vanbonattel: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
Christains are the real cause of palaba for naija, haba, they recruit suicide bombers to bomb mosque, them smoke petrol fumes and murder harmless women and children.they use cattle to chop people crop and even fhuk women for farm.
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by tintingz(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2012
Stallion77: El- Rufai na Christian? All dem people agitating for a sharia region na Christian? Abeg fashi dis religious corner corner jor.
oritsejafor na muslim? The CAN man who wanted to split Nigeria with his useless words
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by apala911: 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
Don't create further tension by fueling religious problems
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by hakanai(m): 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2012
hardywaltz: Empty drums make the loudest noise, while Pastors are shouting on the pulpit; the Imams are busy grooming suicide bombers and terrorist. Most riots in the North usually starts after Jumat service. Most Church services are Televised and in English, while Jumat (hope dats d spelling) service ain't televised & mostly in Arabic. Do d maths and will see dat while Christian Pastors call for disintegration of Nigeria just to please their audience; the Muslim Imam are working around the Clock to make it happen.

^^^ The religious ignorance and level of lies implanted in to some christian folks or whatever is disgusting.if you don't know why the use arabic or don't know why they hardly air there sermons then ask than jump to ridiculous assumptions and beer parlour informed decisions.
Sermons are done in Arabic because this is the original language of communication with the Muslims before now and preferred by Muslims globally over English.Even at that,times have changed.In Nigeria it has always varied from mosque to mosque.The use of this languages Hausa,English,Yoruba and Igbo apart from Arabic is prevalent.Some Mosque would even combine atleast two or three of this depending on there community if mixed.Other minority languages also use there languages in places like Kogi(Igala,Ibira etc),Borno (kanuri),Adamawa(fulfude) etc.Unlike like Christians who prefer prevalently English in Nigeria,the Arabic language is the most used in the Islamic sphere.From Quranic qoutes to Hadith referals.
Now about the media are you just playing ignorant or you want to tell me that the Islamic programs or sermons aired on Fridays are imaginary.Also radios are used to air the much messages Muslims can afford.Unlike the Christians who invest alot in the air waves to compete with each other for worshipers.The Muslims maybe reluctant in this aspect.Due to the fact Muslims generally believe the 5 daily prayers and Juma'at prayers are enough to share happenings around us and spiritual sermons.Even that is changing as Muslims are recognizing the power of the media over just mosque attendance and continuously efforts are made to sponsor or arrange Islamic programs on the media.So why are Muslims opening up if there intent is to hide there actions?Why also do they air programs during Ramadan and Fridays on TV.Especially if you are in the Northern part of the country.Are there no Christians in such states?Then in alot of places speakers are used.If only you understand the native dialects or Arabic you should hear everything they discuss.We may not have enough to air all our Mosque activities but yes where speakers are allowed we use them.Some use even English.In the mosques located in SW,Abuja,SE,SS because of the worshipers understanding.Even at that Arabic is still used in a section of the sermons etc.
Your assumptions without doubt is misguiding and full of nonsense. angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by hardywaltz(m): 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
haka_nai:

^^^ The religious ignorance and level of lies implanted in to some christian folks or whatever is disgusting.if you don't know why the use arabic or don't know why they hardly air there sermons then ask than jump to ridiculous assumptions and beer parlour informed decisions.
Sermons are done in Arabic because this is the original language of communication with the Muslims before now and preferred by Muslims globally over English.Even at that,times have changed.In Nigeria it has always varied from mosque to mosque.The use of this languages Hausa,English,Yoruba and Igbo apart from Arabic is prevalent.Some Mosque would even combine atleast two or three of this depending on there community if mixed.Other minority languages also use there languages in places like Kogi(Igala,Ibira etc),Borno (kanuri),Adamawa(fulfude) etc.Unlike like Christians who prefer prevalently English in Nigeria,the Arabic language is the most used in the Islamic sphere.From Quranic qoutes to Hadith referals.
Now about the media are you just playing ignorant or you want to tell me that the Islamic programs or sermons aired on Fridays are imaginary.Also radios are used to air the much messages Muslims can afford.Unlike the Christians who invest alot in the air waves to compete with each other for worshipers.The Muslims maybe reluctant in this aspect.Due to the fact Muslims generally believe the 5 daily prayers and Juma'at prayers are enough to share happenings around us and spiritual sermons.Even that is changing as Muslims are recognizing the power of the media over just mosque attendance and continuously efforts are made to sponsor or arrange Islamic programs on the media.So why are Muslims opening up if there intent is to hide there actions?Why also do they air programs during Ramadan and Fridays on TV.Especially if you are in the Northern part of the country.Are there no Christians in such states?Then in alot of places speakers are used.If only you understand the native dialects or Arabic you should hear everything they discuss.We may not have enough to air all our Mosque activities but yes where speakers are allowed we use them.Some use even English.In the mosques located in SW,Abuja,SE,SS because of the worshipers understanding.Even at that Arabic is still used in a section of the sermons etc.
Your assumptions without doubt is misguiding and full of nonsense. angry angry angry angry
#yawns# wetin concern me with the muslim language, the OP suggested that Christian Pastors are the ones causing trouble through their preaching and I was only pointing out muslims use mostly Arabic. in their mosques. I was hoping u will treat the more important issue of imams instigating riots and grooming suicide bombers. Mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by tintingz(m): 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
haka_nai:
may God bless u more and more...infact u av said it all cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by vanbonattel: 6:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
Haka nai is correct, he was saying that the moslem us plain language down south where they have no ulterior motives and prefare arabic up north where they can use it to incite almajiri?
He is corret

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by ektbear: 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
Seamah:
Are men of God not supposed to be neutral, admonishing both the opposition and the government in power?

Lol

This is your definition of neutrality?
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by 912(m): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2012
undecided[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
hardywaltz:
#yawns# ...... I was hoping u will treat the more important issue of imams instigating riots and grooming suicide bombers. Mtchewwww

I thought so too....
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
I am a Christian, and considering the number of my kinsmen slaughtered in Northern Nigeria in the name of Allah since I was born till now, I wish that Nigeria was never amalgamated.

emm @Poster,

While the people like Bakare are busy shouting "up up Jesus, down down Jonathan", his moslem counterparts are busy doing "bomb bomb Christians, bomb bomb Jonathan"

4 Likes

Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by vanbonattel: 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2012
noblezone: I am a Christian, and considering the number of my kinsmen slaughtered in Northern Nigeria in the name of Allah since I was born till now, I wish that Nigeria was never amalgamated.

emm @Poster,

While the people like Bakare are busy shouting "up up Jesus, down down Jonathan", his moslem counterparts are busy doing "bomb bomb Christians, bomb bomb Jonathan"

Actually you are wrong, moslems throwing bombs are acts of peace, you know it the most peaceful religion.
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by T9ksy(m): 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
van bonattel:

Actually you are wrong, moslems throwing bombs are acts of peace, you know it the most peaceful religion.

Of course, without a shadow of doubt, islam is a peaceful religion.

@ Noblezone, sorry for your kinsmen slaughtered by our northern moslems in their quest for PEACE & UNITY in our dear ol' country.

They are just collateral damages.......... grin
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by ebere1712: 11:34pm On Jul 25, 2012
Rotten tooth almajiri on the loose on nairaland. Haha grin
CAN president said the truth and you guys want to kill him for saying the truth. Says so much for the religion of piss
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by dasparrow: 4:56am On Jul 26, 2012
noblezone: I am a Christian, and considering the number of my kinsmen slaughtered in Northern Nigeria in the name of Allah since I was born till now, I wish that Nigeria was never amalgamated.

emm @Poster,

Well said.
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 26, 2012
Most christians especially those down south are just plain noise makers. They are pamdering to so-called 'populist views' on the times.
If they were as (or even more) violent than the muslims, I would have taken your 'threats to nigeria's unity' a bit seriously.
Tje importants is for the MB/SE/SW/SS not to relapse by 2015 because if we do, we should say goodbye to freedom for a very long time except a violent-miracle happens.
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by Dainfamous: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2012

emm @Poster,

grin grin Muslims like blood too much,even if their is no reason to kill they will cook up some stories or allegation and use that as a tool to kill people, original Dracula
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 26, 2012
Da infamous: grin grin Muslims like blood too much,even if their is no reason to kill they will cook up some stories or allegation and use that as a tool to kill people, original Dracula

I did my NYSC in Zaria in Kaduna State.

One faithful night, we were woken up by shouts of "Lai la ilala, Mohammed ....." or something like that. It is was round 3 am, we peeped through the window and saw hundreds of Moslems chanting the "lai ilala" stuff and marching with vexation.

The young man I was staying with asked us to be ready to run in case it escalates. So we woke up and were ready just in case. It died down around 5.30am, and it was that morning we heard what happened.

"There was an eclipse of the moon" which made the moon to turn "red". These Moslems interpreted common eclipse of the moon to mean that Allah was very angry with the sins of infidels.

Would you believe that some people were actually killed that night in other to appease the angry Allah? In fact, they were convinced that it was the slaughtering of the people that led to the colour change of the "red" moon.

Islam as a regligion belongs to the cave men.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by vanbonattel: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2012
noblezone:

One faithful night, we were woken up by shouts of "Lai la ilala, Mohammed ....." or something like that. It is was round 3 am, we peeped through the window and saw hundreds of Moslems chanting the "lai ilala" stuff and marching with vexation.

The young man I was staying with asked us to be ready to run in case it escalates. So we woke up and were ready just in case. It died down around 5.30am, and it was that morning we heard what happened.

"There was an eclipse of the moon" which made the moon to turn "red". These Moslems interpreted common eclipse of the moon to mean that Allah was very angry with the sins of infidels.

Would you believe that some people were actually killed that night in other to appease the angry Allah? In fact, they were convinced that it was the slaughtering of the people that led to the colour change of the "red" moon.

So much peace being spread around.
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by T9ksy(m): 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
noblezone:

I remember that incident like it was yesterday as one of my uncles lost all his earthly possessions in that fracas.

In fact, he just about manage to make it down south with his family, intact. There are too many of these silly incidents to mention.

When Bush jnr. decided to go after Osama, a lot of southerners lost their lives at the hands of their fellow northern nigerians who

slaughtered them as a show of solidarity for their muslims brothers in afganistan
!. Ditto the cartoon drawn in faraway denmark which

our muslims brothers felt was offensive to their allah. A lot nigerian southerners lost their lives in the ensuing riot!

The cartoon was drawn by a white man

Miss world contest nko? How many southerners were murdered all because they were against the staging of the competition in their region?

Even when they were going to establish sharia laws in their region, they still slaughtered many southerners.

But here we have some "einstein" insulting our collective knowledgebase with such inane statements such as, islam is a peaceful religion or

that its xtians threathening the unity of these dumb contraption. What unity, i dare ask? Have we ever been united in this country?

The only way to deal with these people is the "isreali way" - when they kill one of your people, you kill fifty of theirs.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by ektbear: 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
T9ksy:
The only way to deal with these people is the "isreali way" - when they kill one of your people, you kill fifty of theirs.

Hehe

Israelis get it. They understand how to to handle and tame Muslims....and obviously have been quite effective at it over the past 50+ years. There are many lessons that can be learned from them. Number 1 though is that violence must be met with violence.
Re: Are Christians Threat To Nigeria's Unity? by T9ksy(m): 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
ekt_bear:

Number 1 though is that violence must be met with violence.

Yes o and with even more greater violence.

Then they won't have the temerity to spew such garbage as "oh, its 'cause of the poverty in the north".

As if those of us in the south are just picking up money on our streets.

Or "BH killed more muslims than xtians". Hell no, they have no business throwing bombs into churches jo.

It's phocking annoying the way these guys reason, man.

Geez! we should never have been lumped with these people!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

POWER & TELECOMMUNICATIONS: Which Is More Important To Your Life? / Universities To Stop Awarding Honorary Degrees To Political Office Holders / Election Tribunal Declares Babajide Obanikoro (koro’s Son) Winner Of LG Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.