Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (61158 Views)

Poll: Do you think this bulding is necessary?

Yes: 56% (76 votes)
No: 43% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Seun(m): 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2007
Churches build large auditoriums to accommodate their members.
No. If they just wanted to accommodate their members they'd just open more branches. There would be no annual jamboree that all members must attend. They want to create big, lucrative spectacles like the Christ Embassy Crusades, RCCG Monthly Holy Ghost camp meetings, and Canaanland's Shiloh Festival.

How so? Well, people tend to be impressed by gigantic edifices. If you have a home church, you get disciples. If you have a small church, you get worshippers. if you have a gigantic edifice, you get pilgrims. Guess which group parts with money most readily? Many people who would normally pay 50 naira offering in their local church, will easily pay 500 naira for 'prosperity' if they find themselves in Canaanland during Shiloh!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Emmayur(m): 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2007
I agree with everybody who has posted for and against the 7.7billion naira church building.But some times i feel when a man dose something it mus be 4 a reason no matter how stupid it may be to other observers he will still justify himself .IF THE OWNERS OF THE TITHES AND OFFRINGS USED ARE NOT COMPLAINIG THEN WE SHOULD LET GOD JUDGE. DONT PLAY JUDGE OVER THIS MATTER ABI U SELF ON TALK SAY U NEVER MISAPPROPIATE MONEY, TIME etc B4? smiley
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by folem: 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2007

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=21154

The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has opened, arguably, the world’s biggest auditorium. The facility can accommodate more than a million worshippers at a time. The auditorium, which was opened by the General Overseer of the church, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, was built at a cost of $60 million (about N7.7 billion).

The large auditorium, which is yet to be completed, is built with steel and cement fibres.

The new auditorium is being built by a Chinese firm.

RCCG can spend its money as it pleases the organisation but really  RCCG should spend some of that money to uplift the life of its worshippers too.

There are 1.3 billion people living in China (thats 1,300,000,000,000) of which the overwhelming majority are non-religious. Ok, so how many are Christians? An astonishing 8 million (that's 8,000,000). We're already missing 5 zeros here, so that means that less than 1% of the population is Christian. A rough estimate puts it at about 0.0062 % of the Chinese population is Christian.

Why should atheist Chinese build Church auditorium in Nigeria?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by labiyemmy(m): 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Folem

Why should you eat food prepared by atheist people or non christians or people you dont know what their beleif is?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by folem: 2:13pm On Dec 12, 2007
@labiyemmy:

@Folem

Why should you eat food prepared by atheist people or non christians or people you don't know what their beleif is?

Some things are out of your immediate control but the builder's of your Church building you can control.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Purist(m): 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2007
Seun:

No. If they just wanted to accommodate their members they'd just open more branches. There would be no annual jamboree that all members must attend. They want to create big, lucrative spectacles like the Christ Embassy Crusades, RCCG Monthly Holy Ghost camp meetings, and Canaanland's Shiloh Festival.

How so? Well, people tend to be impressed by gigantic edifices. If you have a home church, you get disciples. If you have a small church, you get worshippers. if you have a gigantic edifice, you get pilgrims. Guess which group parts with money most readily? Many people who would normally pay 50 naira offering in their local church, will easily pay 500 naira for 'prosperity' if they find themselves in Canaanland during Shiloh!

Oh my God! That was an excellent analysis! grin cheesy grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Pain(m): 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2007
Segunusaid:

This post is not to shield fraudulent men of God from objective criticism but people should exercise some degree of sanity & decorum most especially on issues they re oblivion about and that relates to God & His servants, because insultin some of them can put you in direct collision with God & u won't like that except u re ready for destruction.

thank you.

Oh Im So Scared. shocked
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by realcele: 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2007
Oh my God, you are not suppose to speak for or againt the man of God oh. I have got picture of the auditorium please.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by realcele: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2007
sorry i mean does any one have the actual picture of the Auditorium please.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by heywhay8: 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2007
u r all spoken well but don't forget d bible say we shouldn't judge any body,whether RCCG build a 60million building or more than that is non of our own business in as much they don't forcely collected any money 4rm us i think we don't have anythin 2 do about it so, instead of inviting d wrath of God in Ur own life b/cos of what a church  does why ddon'twe leave d case 4 God and know dat d way of God is different 4rm we humanbeig and mind u know that u r ttalking2 d anointed man of God.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by TawaTemi1(f): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2007
The best way to clear the arguments on this thread is to visit the Church and see things for ourselves. Then we can conclude if the money is justifiable or not!

But believe me, we have intelligents, smarts, technocrats,visionary leaders,, in the church who believe in dignity and will never engage in any act that will spoil thier names.

Pastor Adeboye can never act alone but with the joint contributions of Parochial committee / members before this decision can be taken.

Someone said the money is going to China, but Nigerians also benefitted from the work. Some experienced Engineers in Naija here will be involved and even the labourers are Naijas and through that they earn their livings. Maybe the Chinese contractors got involved becos of their effective building facilities or equipments.

And mind you, nobody raised eyebrow when Julius Berger constructed roads and bridges in Nigeria, but the fact still remains that they are the best or one of the best in the construction of roads in Nigeria.

So if RCCG wants Chinese builders, why wont they go for the best?
Do you want contractors that will  build and the building will collapse while you close your eyes praying? (God forbid)

So if the Redeemites wants the best for themselves, why the noise?

Am not a Redeemer, but I want the best and associates with the best.  grin  grin  grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2007
Seun:

This is ridiculous!! Did you take a poll for this or what ?? Let me guess, you took an imaginary poll and actually consulted the pastor himself to come up with these?? NO one in here has yet to ask the pastor himself of why he and his congregation chose to go with the plan but you are here making absolute statements about his motives and intentions?? GREAT!!  , LMAO!!! Nigerias,  it is always ok when we are doing good but once we see others doing better,  we immediately JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS !!!! brilliant!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by jerrymania(m): 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2007
anywhich way its the world and how bad it has become. It will become worse in years to come. more pastors getting richer and wealthier and more deceptive. our complaint actually wont do anything, so lets just put this to rest.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by smartsoft(m): 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2007
God was poor in his own time for us to get rich in our time, anybody thats says he doesn't like what Pastor adeboye Build, should go to hell and jump inside, for all i care, infact that person is stupid, crazy,mad for saying such thing
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by jerrymania(m): 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ smartsoft

Hello Punk, is that what ur pastor teach u that God was poor? which God in particular? all u shitstars carrying false theologies around so u could enrich ur dirty bellies why people are still grinding and hustling. I can see how dull and stupid u are, Christian!.

smartsoft:

God was poor in his own time for us to get rich in our time, anybody thats says he doesn't like what Pastor adeboye Build, should go to hell and jump inside, for all i care, infact that person is stupid, crazy,mad for saying such thing
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Dec 12, 2007
jerrymania:

@ smartsoft

Hello Punk, is that what your pastor teach u that God was poor? which God in particular? all u shitstars carrying false theologies around so u could enrich your dirty bellies why people are still grinding and hustling. I can see how dull and stupid u are, Christian!.

Aarrrgghh!!! you made it your place to criticize that which you do not understand and now you turn to insulting him for his religious belief now? I was waiting to see this side of you come out.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Purist. What in my post did you not understand?? Are you saying you have personally filled a case against those listed to justify you coming here to criticize the pastor and his congregation for choosing to build one Auditorium as against 1000 mini auditoriums to please you ?? Have you collected the money that actually belongs to you and yours from the thieves that have for decades continued to steal from you in broad day light for you to come in here today to call this congregation fraudsters for choosing to spend their own hard earned money to build this auditorium together?? Is that clear enough?? @Purist

Do you understand that these people have a better chance of getting you canned and even having you pay fines for libel than you have to get the law to give you right to accuse them of not doing things according to the way you want it done instead?? Poor or not, It is not against the law in Nigeria to build a massive auditorium and it is certainly not against the law to decided to pitch together and build a huge beach front Taj Mahal if you want to. So again, all the critics have nothing but bad belly to offer and nothing more than than SIMPLE!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by niyooah(m): 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2007
It pains me whenever issue like this are discuss because, i find it unbelievable that Christian contradicts each others believe.
we are talking about the body of Christ been enlarge through one of His son and people cant see the good thing in that.i think u need to go Saudi Arabia and see what they have put together just for their God. This achievement is little to what they have done in their country
it wealth celebrating for and this is just the beginning the best as not been seen.
The body of Christ is the only place where u find peace and joy free of changer.
i wonder if any of this
people have them there.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by enorch(m): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2007
i dont know why pple will always shy away from the truth. it is very clear that redeemed christaian church and some other genuine penticostal churches have been a very good weapon in d hand of God to transform this country and d world at large. d church has been in the forefront of transforming pples lives including d poor. many came into d church poor and became rich thru life transforming messages.Is it that they have to go round giving d poor money? they have enough welfare programmes for the less privleges go to some of these less privl homes and find out. let us know how comment on some issues. have u ever asked how d papper came about their reports.

pastor adeboye is a visioner. we should emulate some of d steps the man as taken in transforming that bush into a city.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Valkyrie(f): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2007
Well, big congratulations I'd say to RCCG.
That Auditorium is long overdue, what with the millions of people that attend the Church's services.
I have attended several of the church's programs and the venue was never too comfortable. I don't care how much was spent on building the stadium as long as children of God can have a comfortable place to feel the presence of God and worship him.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by topkin(m): 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2007
Building a befitting house for God is laudable bt mind u, we av 2 be careful how we go about it. In churches today monies are accepted frm evri Tom, Dick & harry NOT MINDING THEIR SOURCES. Nigerians are gullible (tanx to poverty), but sadly pastors capitalize on this fact to rip unsuspecting people off. I believe to venture into such a massive project u av to take due consideration of the environment and the genre of the citizenry.

Lets face facts, building an N8Billion auditorium with the situation in the country is not needed!!! Dont quote Bible verses for me, face reality, Let's CALL A SPADE A SPADE!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by anusule(m): 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2007
world's biggest? why? what for? fame? popularity? more members? more money?

give money to charity, help the darfur children. grin my humble opinion
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2007
anusule:

world's biggest? why? what for? fame? popularity? more members? more money?

give money to charity, help the darfur children.

Yeah, why not give up your seat in London to a child in Darfur first ?? Heck better still get Darfur to help darfur?? Why not face what it is you are afraid to deal with?? Heck, why have you yourself not saved the world and the many children with your own money for you to come demanding another use his to do it ??
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by jintujinta(m): 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
Well, it is good to judge other people, but lets ask ourselves one question. If you have enough money, will you build a good house for yourself or you will live in shanties? if you live in good houses, will you like to go and worship under shanties? Wont you want a place beffiting of your status? Wont you want a comfortable place to sit? Lets be realistic, it is more comfortable worshipping God in a decent and comfortable place.

I wonder how many of the people that are judging the man of God has been to the place. Is there anything extravagant about the structure? Have you considered the expanse of land covered and the solid materials that is required to do it? i have worshipped at that same location for two years during which it had not been roofed. I also witnessed how gradually the place developed over two years, to what it is today. Let us be slow to condemn but fast to praise. Look at the good thing in any effort rather than focusing on the bad side.

May God help us all to live comfortably and stop seeing small money as big.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by debojyde(m): 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2007
A lot of people speaking against the building of this Auditorium are just peeps who always had problems with RCCG. They have never seen and will never see anything good with RCCG but really, who cares? The criticisisms have always been there and will always be there.

The auditirium was built out of neccesity not just for the purpose of building the largest auditorium in the world or whatever. The building is just a Roof with pillars(no walls, no Gold dome or anything fancy stuff like that), the reason why it must have cost a lot is because of the space it covers. I had attended one or two of the congresses held there and I saw how large the open space was. That space must be AT LEAST about 10 football fields large and we used to sit there exposed to some not so comfortable weather conditions. Last time I went for the regular monthly service in  september last year, I saw them erecting pillars on that field and i said then that if they plan to build a roof over this space it will require some expert technology and cost a lot of money.

Believe me, money is not an issue there RCCG, with the over 600,000 that come there to worship in the once monthly service you have people that donate as little as 5 naira and as much 500,000 or more. Thats apart from the dontions from millions of members worldwide. How many of you guys have been to the RCCG ground, that place is a small city on its own with housing units(mansions,bungalows etc), schools,clinics,one university etc, do you think they maintain that place with peanuts.

Everybody has a right to their opinion about RCCG and may God bless everybody who has posted on this forum. For those of you who are outside the naija and are interested in the congress going on now, you can follow it live on www.rccg.org. That,s what i do.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by dollyp1cute(f): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2007
If the redeemed church of God did not build a $60million worth of building it does not solve the poverty of Nigeria.

It is easy to point fingers.

There was a thread set up a while back asking how much Nairalanders are worth and folks came here parading that they have millions and thousands stashed up in banks and stocks. No one thought of putting pictures of poverty on the thread page. Among people posting against the building are folks who drive merceedes, jeeps, live in the UK splash on holidays yet they have become suddenly wise on how to spend church money.

@Mamajama go and read about Solomon's temple in the bible and how God blessed Solomon. God instructed David who was solomon's father on how the temple should be built.

The people who donated money for the building did it of their free will, so if they choose to donate money for a building rather than buy clothes for themselves IT IS THEIR PEROGATIVE.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Passworded: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2007
@all those who say that that was reckless spending

1. I would agree with you if you agree with me that we dont need stadiums (especially beautified ones)
2.I would agree with you if you agree with me that we dont need Plazas and Shopping Malls
3. I would agree with you if you agree with me that we dont need to have beautiful airports
4. I would 110% agree with you and even leave my religion if you can spare your next and subsequent internet bills on that poor man living across your street
5. I would agree with you if you agree with me that you dont need a computer (look at those poor people on the road u have a pc and you can type,most of them dont even know how to hold a spoon)
6. I would agree with you if you agree with me that Nigeria should sell National Theatre to alleviate Poverty (that is so not gonna happen) grin
U SEE THAT MOST OF THE SCENARIOS I LISTED ABOVE ARE FOR PERSONAL BENEFITS, THE CHURCH IS NOT A PERSONAL BENEFIT

HOLIER THAN THOU PEOPLE CASTING STONES
God forgive you all

If the Pastor is spending money on the Church then Glory to God (as u can see its not on himself). How many of you spend money on your family members talk less about ur friends, talk less about beggars
Yet you come on the internet to post up pictures of poor people and make a couple of self justifying comments
We are all Hypocrites I TELL U HYPOCRITES

If u wanna cast stones please evry1 start cutting personal excesses, like camera phones, more than a pair of shoes, 24hr online services, DSTV, and u know the others, Valentines day gifts, etc

The Church spent money on the Church and people are makin noise, The man could av conveniently diverted funds and no one wud know about it, yet ppl are makin noise,

@ Seun
of course the church has branches, but u know what, conventions are done for almost the same reason we have world cups and the country is jampacked with tourists, (at least the world cup cud be decentralised)
the same reason familes converge for christmas, (they cud just call each other), the same reason people go for celebrity shows and not watch their tvs, the same reason why there are assembly grounds in secondary schools, the same reason, i cud go on and on, the reason??, ur guess is wrong, When it comes to Christ, There is power is assembly, that is why armies move as battalions,

remember feeding the fivethousand, dat wud not av been happened if the people were decentralised

where 2 or 3 are gathered, u know the remaining of the passage

The truth is that na only God know who dey worship am, so Let him be the Judge,
God is not mocked, watsoeva a man sows, that he shall reap, so let us be careful, check the bible for stories of those who made funny comments about men of God,

Finally, let me give you somethin to bite on, the auditorium has not even been completed yet, so evry1 hold ur breaths,

nothing is too expensive for God, u wud believe that if you know him

Thank God his ways are not ours
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by dollyp1cute(f): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2007
7 GBOSA'S FOR PASSWORDED
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Segunusaid(m): 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2007
@nwando,

Is church money meant for sinking bolehole? or a place of worship meant to impress anybody? if u don't know about a matter, do u rush to conclude about such matter?

Have you been to the location of this auditorium? Am sure u re not. becos if u do, ur comments would ve been different.

Am askin u these becos i ve been there, & i know that the auditorium is by far small for the people that gather for the Annual Congress, last year the attendance of that program was over 6million people from all over the world and the auditorium in question did not even has a wall just  roof to cover people from rain & cold. The old auditorium which is been used for the regular Holy Ghost service  is only roof and concrete floor, and as such on special Holy Ghost service more than 500,000 people still stay outside, so is this new auditorium without a reason?, and for ur information majority of this work is thru volunteers church workers, so if u re a pastor presidin over a church & u ve over 500,000 hangin outside ur auditorium u will not do anything to address the situation?

Unlike other churches that built auditorium in faith or anticipation of expected congregation RCCG try to meet up with the need of large congregation. Even the much publicised auditorium can not even cover one-fourth of the congregation that will gather this coming Friday 14th Dec, if u think am lying tune to any of theTV in US or UK that re coverin this event to confirm.

nwando, have u ever ask urself who is behind gatherin of millions of worshippers from all over the world in one single event like this, maybe u can find answers to ur  puzzle!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Seun(m): 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2007
of course the church has branches, but u know what, conventions are done for almost the same reason we have world cups and the country is jampacked with tourists, (at least the world cup could be decentralized)
First of all, the world cup is decentralized: at the group stages, the various group matches are played in different stadiums. It can't get more decentralized than that because teams have to be physically present in the same place in order to play a match. This won't apply to churches if the aim is to 'fellowship with God' because God is everywhere. He is, right? And he can speak to you through any pastor or even your TV set.

Secondly, the world cup is a commercial event. By using that example, are you suggesting that religious jamborees are commercial events too? if so, them we are brothers because that is exactly what i am trying to say. I'm not condemning the practice. People need entertainment and entertainers need money. That's nothing to be ashamed of. It's a win-win situation: pastor gets your money and you get to feel blessed. wink
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by anusule(m): 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2007
=N= 7.7BILLION AINT SMALL MONEY shocked shocked
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Segunusaid(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ passworded

God bless you, passworded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says / Tom Samson, His Hummer Limo, & Bodyguards Storm Cama Awards (pics) / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.