Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,661 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (61154 Views)

Poll: Do you think this bulding is necessary?

Yes: 56% (76 votes)
No: 43% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ifyalways(f): 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2007
people throw parties worth millions daily whilit their kit and kin are HUNGRY,no one talks
people build mansions daily all in the name of if you can afford it do so,nobody talks about it .
people own fleets of cars and even jets no one raises an eyebrow.

why then should we be bothered about how a church decides to spend their congregational money?
we did not contribute,did we?
people that contributed are not complaining?then why drink panadol for another man headache?

have we forgotten about the tower of babel?what if God really gave them the instructions to do so?are we to question him?if the same amount of money was used to build a world class 10 star hotel what would have been our reactions?what is the beef?the church or the money involved?when did we become Gods advocate?

let us let things be please.lets not forget,whatever thing that is NOT of GOD must surely be uprooted.if they were merely obeying Gods command,i see no crime in it. lipsrsealed
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by debojyde(m): 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ Jerrymania

A question for you. When you sit behind the computer and type insults, do you feel good when you click on the reply button. Do you go to bed at night and tell yourself you,ve achieved something for the day. Do you wake up the next morning and tell yourself "i am a bigger,richer and better person than i was yesterday. Hmmm! what do i do today to improve my life? Let me go on nairaland and improve my life my insulting more people.

Just curious? Please answer.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by olaj: 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2007
How I wish we dont have to discuss this topic, but no problem discussing it, I only hope and pray that people will approach it with an honest mind.
First and foremost, the money for building auditorium has nothing to do with feeding the poor if proper planning are done, so we cannot sit here and crucify the church for spending money on its auditorium, if you will permit me to ask a question here, does the fact that many people cannot afford food stop some of us from spending on other things which are not food? why not take those excesses not spent on food to the poor? This is where planning comes in.

secondly are we suppose to crucify a church for building an auditorium to accomodate her members? I am very sure that the said auditorium will be filled to the brim in the church on-going prog, you need to visit cannan land on a normal Sunday service, it is always fill to the brim, so what's wrong in the building then? The fact that my church only occupies 100 worshippers and only need few thousand to build a place of worship doesn't stop a church that has more members to spend more, this is common sense.

Thirdly, if you are a tithes and offering giver and you feel uncomfortable with the way YOUR MONEY is being spent then stop paying and let's see if God's work will suffer.

The bible says by their fruit we shall know them, I think going by this the Pastor Adeboye led Redeemed Xtian church of God doesn't deserve our tongue lashing, I suppose we are not fit to do that, BEWARE! and I mean it BEWARE

I am not saying that our men of God are not prone to error, no, but the fact is if the church is built with right motive, we can't crucify the church.

This is purely my opinion, I wish I can tell you more.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2007
Seun:

First of all, the world cup is decentralized: at the group stages, the various group matches are played in different stadiums. It can't get more decentralized than that because teams have to be physically present in the same place in order to play a match. This won't apply to churches if the aim is to 'fellowship with God' because God is everywhere. He is, right? And he can speak to you through any pastor or even your TV set.

Secondly, the world cup is a commercial event. By using that example, are you suggesting that religious jamborees are commercial events too? if so, them we are brothers because that is exactly what i am trying to say. I'm not condemning the practice. People need entertainment and entertainers need money. That's nothing to be ashamed of. It's a win-win situation: pastor gets your money and you get to feel blessed. wink

Interesting, !!!! so When God told Moses/Ezra/Daniel/Solomon etc to build him that Temples, God was not everywhere and able to speak to people through pastors and TV sets?? LMAO!!!!!

Ha,  we are endorsing the BEDSIDE baptist congregation now huh

By the way, since when did it become the job of one who claims not to be a Christian to dictate to Christians what God is about or not about ?? LMAO!!! You had to know I was going to use this against you at some point !!!LMAO!!!

Only for Naija. You go see even Babalawo wey go enter seat to advise pastor on how to communicate with God ,  LMAO!!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by anusule(m): 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2007
ifyalways:

people throw parties worth millions daily whilit their kit and kin are HUNGRY,no one talks
people build mansions daily all in the name of if you can afford it do so,nobody talks about it .
people own fleets of cars and even jets no one raises an eyebrow.

why then should we be bothered about how a church decides to spend their congregational money?
we did not contribute,did we?
people that contributed are not complaining?then why drink panadol for another man headache?

have we forgotten about the tower of babel?what if God really gave them the instructions to do so?are we to question him?if the same amount of money was used to build a world class 10 star hotel what would have been our reactions?what is the beef?the church or the money involved?when did we become Gods advocate?

let us let things be please.lets not forget,whatever thing that is NOT of GOD must surely be uprooted.if they were merely obeying Gods command,i see no crime in it. lipsrsealed

i agree with u. also thought of what you wrote in the last paragraph.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2007
anusule:

=N= 7.7BILLION AINT SMALL MONEY shocked shocked

Little drops of water maka mighty ocean. Bring out the money you own to feed the poor and before you know it, you would have spent up to that much helping the poor yourself. Not your place to tell another man how to spend money wey you no give am, regardless of how much it is.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Seun(m): 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2007
Interesting, !!!! so When God told Moses/Ezra/Daniel/Solomon etc to build him that Temples, God was not everywhere and able to speak to people through pastors and TV sets?? LMAO!!!!!
Moses, Ezra, and Solomon (Daniel didn't build anything) were not that different from modern day pastors. They profited enormously from their 'ministries'. Solomon, for example, enriched himself at the expense of his countrymen by increasing taxes. And he used the money to build edifices for "God" i.e. to immortalize himself. Is there Christian today who doesn't know about the "Temple Of Solomon" (not God)? That's taxpayer's money 'well' spent, eh? cheesy
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ifyalways(f): 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2007
some of us started our lives in poverty
we were born and bred in shambles,face me i face you.
God blessed us and we prospered,things got better
we try to live more comfortably,we adjust.

that is exactly what the man of God and his congregation has done.
they dont need to be castigated because God has blessed them.
they dont need to be blamed for the poverty in our country.
they have endured their own tribulations and have been blessed,so they have adjusted.

some things we dont understand esp the mystery behind the gathering of such amount of money in these seeminly hard times,lets leave it. wink. na GOD oooooooooh do am.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by kaydee(m): 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2007
lol  grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ Passworded

Now i know God answered my prayer.I'm watching ur I.Q increase.Now i don't have to say much.keep coming around to silence them. grin grin grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
Seun:

Moses, Ezra, and Solomon (Daniel didn't build anything) were not that different from modern day pastors. They profited enormously from their 'ministries'. Solomon, for example, enriched himself at the expense of his countrymen by increasing taxes. And he used the money to build edifices for "God" i.e. to immortalize himself. Is there Christian today who doesn't know about the "Temple Of Solomon" (not God)? That's taxpayer's money 'well' spent, eh? cheesy

I actually thought you were arguing that this happens to be against God. Cause this post of yours shows you what the Christian God is really about, bringing me back to my statement that all you have is bad belle that the man and his congregation are not doing what you would PREFER they do BY YOU instead. Notice how  in this case, this church did not 1) Use tax payers money for their project (in which case you would have been able to go on and on and on about how you hate that). 2) Did not gather slaves but contractors from china to work on the  project for them and they actually intend to pay them well for it ,  yes,  no slaves,   shocked 3) Guess what else?? the people actually want to go ahead with this project.

Now put two and two together and tell me how God is for you and not for them!!

You REALLY think you are SPEAKING FOR GOD here?? LMAO!!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Passworded: 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2007
Seun:

pastor gets your money and you get to feel blessed. wink

@Seun
I would really appreciate it if u can clear my mind on this question so i would know the course to take on this issue
Are You an atheist?

also look back at my post i used the words almost like, not exactly like, because they are in different spheres
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by kaydee(m): 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2007
[size=18pt]God bless Passworded[/size]
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by A40(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
No comments ooh!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Purist(m): 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Kobojunkie

@Purist. What in my post did you not understand?? Are you saying you have personally filled a case against those listed to justify you coming here to criticize the pastor and his congregation for choosing to build one Auditorium as against 1000 mini auditoriums to please you ?? Have you collected the money that actually belongs to you and yours from the thieves that have for decades continued to steal from you in broad day light for you to come in here today to call this congregation fraudsters for choosing to spend their own hard earned money to build this auditorium together?? Is that clear enough?? @Purist

Do you understand that these people have a better chance of getting you canned and even having you pay fines for libel than you have to get the law to give you right to accuse them of not doing things according to the way you want it done instead?? Poor or not, It is not against the law in Nigeria to build a massive auditorium and it is certainly not against the law to decided to pitch together and build a huge beach front Taj Mahal if you want to. So again, all the critics have nothing but bad belly to offer and nothing more than than SIMPLE!!!

My point is that your argument doesn't hold water.  In your first post, you said no one has personally confronted IBB, OBJ and others, isn't it?  And my reply to that was that, people here are doing exactly what they have always done to those you mentioned - CRITICIZE, BADMOUTH, etc.  If anyone here now decides to personally confront or file a case against Pastor Adeboye, only then would your argument be valid.  But since no one has done that here, and are simply criticizing, the way they would normally do to any public office holder that loots, this therefore renders your argument/comparism completely invalid.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by otokx(m): 7:05pm On Dec 12, 2007
Religion more than poverty has destroyed this country
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Dec 12, 2007
Purist:

@Kobojunkie

My point is that your argument doesn't hold water.  In your first post, you said no one has personally confronted IBB, OBJ and others, isn't it?  And my reply to that was that, people here are doing exactly what they have always done to those you mentioned - CRITICIZE, BADMOUTH, etc.  If anyone here now decides to personally confront or file a case against Pastor Adeboye, only then would your argument be valid.  But since no one has done that here, and are simply criticizing, the way they would normally do to any public office holder that loots, this therefore renders your argument/comparism completely invalid.

I don't think you read my posts at all cause I have no idea what you mean by this. I was posting in response to posts from Nwando, Davidlyan and Somze. Did you read there posts?? I believe what you are refering to is my post against there trying to PUT the burden of helping the poor, providing electricity, drilling boreholes for water and fixing the roads on the Church and the pastor. Mind you the case is a solid one here. Under law, you have no right to tell another how he ought to spend his money instead but since we actually took it to a religious level earlier in the post, under God, Christians have NO RIGHT to tell another how to go about spending the money God gave them to spend as they choose. I believe you need to read up on all the posts to understand where this all came from. And I still stand firm on what I said, No where in the Christian belief are Christians called to tell another man how to live or spend his talents. That is up to God and God knows who is doing his work and who is not. So the claim that the work these people are doing is not of God is baseless and ridiculous. PLEASE NOTICE how it was a Christian thing earlier and not a secular debate.

No one has so far gone against IBB and OBJ. Badmouthing and backbitting is not same as going against them head on for spending money that was supposed to be used for development on themselves. Another thing you have to note in this case is that since this is private money used to fund private projects, Not public money. So note what case you want to claim you have in this.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2007
otokx:

Religion more than poverty has destroyed this country

You mean Saudi Arabia, America and all other religious countrys have the same problem?? WOW, blame it all on religion won't ya.!!! So People who choose to use their own money to build are the problem for you
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by mazaje(m): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

You mean Saudi Arabia, America and all other religious countrys have the same problem?? WOW, blame it all on religion won't ya.!!! So People who choose to use their own money to build are the problem for you

American has never been and was never a religious nation so get your facts right.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2007
mazaje:

American has never been and was never a religious nation so get your facts right.

the intellectually paucity on these boards can be really depressing at times. Information is only a click away, brush up your history before telling others to go get their "facts" right.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by mazaje(m): 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2007
davidylan:

the intellectually paucity on these boards can be really depressing at times. Information is only a click away, brush up your history before telling others to go get their "facts" right.

I still maintain that america has never been and was never a religious country.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2007
mazaje:

I still maintain that america has never been and was never a religious country.

America is considered to be on the list of top most religious countries in the world. Always has been the case and man, I don't know where you have been but have you not heard of how religion has continue to decide the votes here?? shocked
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by mazaje(m): 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2007
On the surface america looks like a religious nation to those that don't have eyes to see, so religion drove americans to iraq and afganistan abi? Non of america's leaders ever believed in any god or gods from Geroge washigton to George Bush, they only use religion to pander and play with people's emotions just to secure votes, how can american be a religious nation as u cliam and still perpetrate slavery,racism, genocide and what not with the full support of the nation and its leaders, you guys just need to open your eyes. america today has one of the highest number of atheist in the world but they will always claim that its only about 18% of the population that are atheist so that they dont loose the respect other religious nations (like nigeria) have for them (nonsenes).The only people that really believe in god are the african americans and that can be understood.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by xheggs(m): 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2007
@his_grace, thank u ooh,
I wonder how people think. Whats your business about the church.

Ok, the auditorium was built with the church money, what if he decides to eat up all the money with his family. Well no wonder they say you can never satisfy humans.

I just hope God will forgive all you 'critics' because you likely have a curse on you already.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by henroma: 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2007
abeg i really want to no about programing is my mentor and i want to no what is required of mii
smiley
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by atwix(m): 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2007
most of the past post is just pure rubbish except for some little ones who has d understanding of the church itself.

?1- did the church publish this news for itself or a fellow worshipper who is a journalist waiting for u to see & buy d paper?
?2- how many of you ve been to the RCCG camp in the last one year to see d construction works.
?3- did u think the entire project was a year's work.
?4- did the church drop d money within a year.
?5- d place of d auditorium isn't not the congress ground.
?6- must u not think b4 u post rubbish on this site

lets think b4 attacking wat is a source of inspiration for others, if u cant see d value.

may the Lord talk to us all in choosing the rite path.   Amen.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Purist(m): 8:50pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Kobojunkie

Here's your first post on this thread:

All of you here no get mouth to go tell IBB, Obasanjo and the many people wey dey steal from you all for generations to put back money but you all have mouth to attack church wey they build with money them collect.

Everyone here has ALWAYS criticized IBB, OBJ and others for their theft.  Some people here are doing exactly the same thing to Pastor Adeboye - CRITICIZE!  Now, if you mean, why haven't they personally confronted IBB, OBJ and others, then I say, it is not important - in this regard - since NO ONE here has threatened or decided to go confont Adeboye either.

)LMAO!!! Talk about Nigerians and their misplaced priorities.

IBB STOLE FROM YOU ALL,  Not a single one of you have confronted him. The Guy built a Humongous Building with the money that belongs to you and your children, right on top of a Hill. Yet no single one of you all have touched him or even stepped forward.

He stole, yes.  No one here has confronted him, yes.  But NO ONE has also confronted Adeboye too, or touched him, or even stepped forward.  Note, all the verbal criticisms will only end here, just as usual.

Obasanjo STOLE FROM YOU ALL,  NOt a single one of you have confronted him yet. The guy runs his farm with your money and pockets it daily.

He stole, yes.  No one here has confronted him, yes.  But NOT A SINGLE ONE has also confronted Adeboye too, or touched him, or even stepped forward.  Note, all the verbal criticisms will only end here, just as usual.

Adedibu,  the 80 something who is not done pocketing the money wey your papa and mama for use live better life,  is still there daily in your face, daring you all to come at him . NO ONE ,  

He's pocketing the money, yes.  No one here has confronted him, yes.  But NO ONE has also confronted Adeboye too, or touched him, or even stepped forward.  Note, all the verbal criticisms will only end here, just as usual.

ABACHA stoles from you all and passed the money down to generations of his kids. Even say the man die, una no fit touch his family for fear. '

He stole, yes.  No one here has confronted him, yes.  But no one has also confronted Adeboye too, or touched him, nor his family.  Note, all the verbal criticisms will only end here, just as usual.

But a Pastor and his congregation decide to collect together their own money to build a 7.7 b Church and Nigerians decide to YARI!!! LMAO!!!

Note:  Everyone here is only doing exactly what they have often done in the past to those you mentioned - YARI, TALK, CRITICIZE, BADMOUTH, etc.

Lord have mercy on us all.!!!!!! Africa NA WA O!!!!

LA I LA I LA LA OW You !!!!

I'm only trying to make you see that your comparism of the situation here with those of the political leaders is COMPLETELY INVALID, since NO ONE here has has threatened fire and brimstone on Adeboye for building a N7.7bn auditorium, contrary to what you're trying to paint out here, and none has made any less comments than they would have, if it were any of those thieves you mentioned.  In other words, your argument that people who are talking against Adeboye, would not confront IBB, OBJ and others, just doesn't fit.  Understood? cool
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by omobachi(m): 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2007
Jintujinta i just like this yur word jare

May God help us all to live comfortably and stop seeing small money as big.

and password may u live loooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg

and to all the my God's people, continue to show the glory

and to all you haters, You aim't seen anything yet, this is just the begining

thank you
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by dollyp1cute(f): 9:05pm On Dec 12, 2007
mazaje:

On the surface america looks like a religious nation to those that don't have eyes to see,

The founding fathers of what we now call America were staunch christians,take a look at their currency notes it says clearly "in God we trust".
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Seun(m): 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2007
That only suggeststhat it was a religious nation.
Centuries have passed, the country may have changed!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by dollyp1cute(f): 9:09pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Purist

THERE IS A BIG AND VERY WIDE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IBB, ADEDIBU BLAH DE BLAH

SO THERE IS NO POINT FOR COMPARISON.

WHILE PEOPLE CAN GO AND CONFRONT ALL THE ABOVE FOLKS NO ONE CAN CONFRONT ADEBOYE EXCEPT HE TOOK MONEY FROM THEM.

AS I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE HAVE FREELY GIVEN THE MONEY AND ANY CONSULTATION HAS BEEN DONE AMONG THE LEADERSHIP

"SINCE THE MONEY FOR THE BUILDING DID NOT COME FROM THIS THREAD, OF COURSE ALL THE NOISE WILL DIE HERE"
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ShogunSP: 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2007
Purist, 100% well said. Only the wise can get your point and see what you are trying to say.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by 1boi: 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
How many structures did Jesus build during his time on earth
I know he won many souls though,
Its not by the structure its by how you impart the lives of many, win souls!
Nigerians are suffering, we dont need massive structures ,
we need basic facilities, light, water, shelter,
not massive auditoriums, can they live in it?
answer: NO undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says / Tom Samson, His Hummer Limo, & Bodyguards Storm Cama Awards (pics) / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.