Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... (49366 Views)

10 Reasons Why Serious Minded Guys Look Away From Ladies In Their Early Twenties / The Cry Of A Teenager: Guys In Their Twenties Should Leave Our Girls Alone / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by blackbeau1(f): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]@ acidtalk,I'd like to correct you in your assumption that girls in their early twenties don't want to settle down.you are wrong.nowadays,that's all they ever think about.have you noticed that At most weddings these days,the bride is usually in her early twenties? Returning to the topic @ hand,dear poster, maturity is nt a matter of age or school achievement.its just based on individuals.afterall,you have people that are old(agewise) but they are not matured.just go after your heart and hopefully,you'll find the cream of the crop.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by dowjones(m): 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2012
2tek: SUMMARY:

20-24 - They think they're doing you a favour

25 -30 - They know you're doing them a favour

31 - 39 - The Lord is my Shepherd, I Shall Not Want

40 - above- GOD unto U I commit my spirit

grin
Lol. At 40, reality becomes real !

2 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by pauloman(m): 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2012
pendo89: The problem at times with NL is that people give advice based on the bad experiences only.
We live out the good,those that succeeded.
Nway.its a mindset.

Not all are bad experiences,@ least mine isnt
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Kenfil(f): 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
What matters is d maturity of d lady & d way she carries herself...ive seen older women dat act more childish dan d younger ones......so its ur choice

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Isaleeko2: 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
pendo89: The problem at times with NL is that people give advice based on the bad experiences only.
We live out the good,those that succeeded.
Nway.its a mindset.

Wow... sincerely I am surprised at the venom being spewed at ladies below 25. Come on, not all of them are bubble heads and this generalization is sickening.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by jay2smart19(m): 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
YOUR TYPE ARE JUST OUT TO CURRUPT DIS GALS. AND U MAKE IT HARD FOR US TO DATE OUR AGE. JUST GO FOR UR AGE OR DOZ IN D MIDDLE.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by MickeyBricks(m): 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2012
acidtalk: *coughs and then sip a glass of water*

18months to settle down you say?
Now let's set your priorities straight and that of the lady in question.

The average Nigerian familt wants their daughter to get married after her first degree. The only two exceptions in this case are; The lady gets pregnant and her people are ashamed of her giving birth to the baby in their home or she is from an almost below average home (poor family background) as such they want her to go so that they can feed (minus one mouth) less mouth.

Secondaly most girls in this age bracket are not in anyway desperate to get married. They still see themselves as beauty queens because they sometimes get as much as 5-10 toasters everyday because of their youthful nature. This will make them assume they will remain 'hot cake' for ever and think there will always be that suitor waiting to get married to them whenever they are ready.

Except for few families which still nuture their female children, its almost common for most ladies within that age range to learn basic home chores in their boyfriend's place.

Though not in all cases, but if you are one who cares a lot about financial management and knowledge, most young ladies in that age bracket might not fit in. The want to get the latest phone, gadget, hand bag and fashion accessories to meet up with their peers. If you are not one of those guys that spend frivolously on a lady when it isn't relevant, she might term you stingy as won't consider settling down with you because she rarely knows what is the difference between necessity and wants.

Above all Intelligence, if you are a serous minded and fast thinker, it might be an hill task finding a lady that will match your intelligence. I am not talking of knowing latest music, movie or celebrity gist. I am talking of beneficial reasoning.

If you don't mind the above, then you can stick with them and groom them with patience. Otherwise maybe you should stick with the law of nature that "the older the wine, the better it taste".

Well said

@ OP this is all the advice you need right here, if you are just looking for fun then go ahead but if you want something serious you are probably wasting your time
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by davades(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
sexkillz: Record, yes. But then this one has 98 likes, and counting. . .

www.nairaland.com/1000494/dating-broke-man#11569144

Sexkill u impressed me 4d 2nd time,av been searching ƒσя this thread since М̣̣̥̇̊Ό̲̣̣̣̥Я̩̥̊И̣̣̣̥Ȋ̝̊̅̄И̣̣̣̥G̲̣̣̣̥...†ђξ 'likes' is now 104 And counting...u're always on point !!! Thumbs up!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by kennethromanus: 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
Proverbs 19:14..bros d bst advice is dat u allow GOD 2 wrk dis out 4 u..cos most of 2days relatnship is doin more harm dan gud;in 2days relatnship u fyn out dat u luv d opposite sex bt 2 dem,dey ar jst doin u a favour cos of ur resourses .bt i wsh u d ryt partner.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
Sometimes wen I think of the way many girls I have dated behave I start to bliv that they are no good girls only parasites and wolves bt wen I remember my last ex gf....I knw I tell myself a lie...WONDERFUL GIRLS EXIST...Jst a dyin breed.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
Well... Thanks everybody for the talk-ups and talk-downs... They are really appreciated and will go a long way. NLs are the best... More are also welcomed as this thread is not closed.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by freeman11(m): 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
A lot of married women i know that got married at that age cheat on their husband. they come with the excuse that they were naive when they got married.

even if she humble now and or timid, just let her be cos she is still developing and trying to place her needs. first hand info.... she will cheat on you later in the relationship even when you have wooed her into marrying you.

abscond!!!!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by legendprac(m): 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
Chidex2442: i dnt do babe tinz next page please!
u gay?
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2sexy(m): 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
12 inches!:
Sometimes wen I think of the way many girls I have dated behave I start to bliv that they are no good girls only parasites and wolves bt wen I remember my last ex gf....I knw I tell myself a lie...WONDERFUL GIRLS EXIST...Jst a dyin breed.
same here.... My last made a difference but she did break up with me for her own reasons.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by richyfrance(m): 3:03am On Jul 28, 2012
If you are not prepared for responsibilities,i think you have to be very careful cos they costituite more nuisance than you can imagine.[color=#000099][/color] cool
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 28, 2012
--Strolls in--
Doing d stat: 90% or more believed them 2 be confused, not ready 4 commitment n prone 2 givin shits n nuisance. D remaining %age believed they can only be groomed bt wt plenty of tolerance, patience n maturity. Op, u must hv deduced a lot frm ds thread. Me too i've got more stuffs in2 my head. I luv NL, thnks dudes.
--Strolls out, no time!--
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2tek: 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
SUMMARY: there ar exceptions but MOST TIMES,here is what u'll get with ladies of these age brackets

20 - 24 (immature,insulting,cheat/exploring,fun/sex seeking,tantrums,yopie yopie)

25 - 30(more focused,mature,commitment minded)

30 - 39(tired of fun/sex,lots of heart breaks,prefers no-sex-b4-marriage,desprados,'forming/becomes' born again,wen ar U going 2 see MYparents,wants marriage within 6-12months)

40 - above(menopausal panic,marriage within 3months,gets pregnant every 9months afta wed,ready2 marry a seperated/divorcee/widower,ready2 b a 2nd wife even 2 a muslim)

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by StepG: 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2012
[quote author=xyloxloto][/quote]
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by StepG: 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
2tek: SUMMARY: there ar exceptions but MOST TIMES,here is what u'll get with ladies of these age brackets

20 - 24 (immature,insulting,cheat/exploring,fun/sex seeking,tantrums,yopie yopie)

25 - 30(more focused,mature,commitment minded)

30 - 39(tired of fun/sex,lots of heart breaks,prefers no-sex-b4-marriage,desprados,'forming/becomes' born again,wen ar U going 2 see MYparents,wants marriage within 6-12months)

40 - above(menopausal panic,marriage within 3months,gets pregnant every 9months afta wed,ready2 marry a seperated/divorcee/widower,ready2 b a 2nd wife even 2 a muslim)

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by frikuenci(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
Wow!!! This thread is like a reality show. I av learnt quite a lot though. But I have just one question,How do you know or ask a girl u love about her real age? Considering most females do lie when it comes to this aspect of discussion. Thanks.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by pendo89(f): 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
The above stereotypes are what make people blunder big time

I hate approaching anybody with a fixed mindset cz I will have this negative view and fail to see or bring out the best in them.

I know many under 25 yr old responsible girls.Why do people assume that a girl must sleep with 99 men before she settles down? Says who? Is that a statistic?

Don't u guys have responsible sisters among you? Do your young sisters sleep around with anything in trouser? what is your responsibility over them? sorry am old fashioned here. pardon me.

Some people mature and become responsible early in life based on their upbringing,environment and the crowd.And they remain fun and morally sober.

So these generalisations as much as we enjoy cheering them on, are not very true cz they are based on what 'we have encountered' not what we have not.

2 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by ACM10: 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
frikuenci: Wow!!! This thread is like a reality show. I av learnt quite a lot though. But I have just one question,How do you know or ask a girl u love about her real age? Considering most females do lie when it comes to this aspect of discussion. Thanks.

Ask her when she finished secondary school. Calculate the number of years to the present. Add it to 17yrs. You will get her right age in 96% of the time. The statistical error is at + or - 2%

2 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by bonetalk(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
acidtalk: *coughs and then sip a glass of water*

18months to settle down you say?
Now let's set your priorities straight and that of the lady in question.

The average Nigerian familt wants their daughter to get married after her first degree. The only two exceptions in this case are; The lady gets pregnant and her people are ashamed of her giving birth to the baby in their home or she is from an almost below average home (poor family background) as such they want her to go so that they can feed (minus one mouth) less mouth.

Secondaly most girls in this age bracket are not in anyway desperate to get married. They still see themselves as beauty queens because they sometimes get as much as 5-10 toasters everyday because of their youthful nature. This will make them assume they will remain 'hot cake' for ever and think there will always be that suitor waiting to get married to them whenever they are ready.

Except for few families which still nuture their female children, its almost common for most ladies within that age range to learn basic home chores in their boyfriend's place.

Though not in all cases, but if you are one who cares a lot about financial management and knowledge, most young ladies in that age bracket might not fit in. The want to get the latest phone, gadget, hand bag and fashion accessories to meet up with their peers. If you are not one of those guys that spend frivolously on a lady when it isn't relevant, she might term you stingy as won't consider settling down with you because she rarely knows what is the difference between necessity and wants.

Above all Intelligence, if you are a serous minded and fast thinker, it might be an hill task finding a lady that will match your intelligence. I am not talking of knowing latest music, movie or celebrity gist. I am talking of beneficial reasoning.

If you don't mind the above, then you can stick with them and groom them with patience. Otherwise maybe you should stick with the law of nature that "the older the wine, the better it taste".
u have the best post
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by frikuenci(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
ACM10:

Ask her when she finished secondary school. Calculate the number of years to the present. Add it to 17yrs. You will get her right age in 96% of the time. The statistical error is at + or - 2%

Thanks.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by donvinchi: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
foyeks2001:

So women are now left-overs...am sure u have sister,aunties and am sure u r gonna have enuf female children...mtchewww

What do u expect, only when dey call u ladies dats wen u open ur mouth say something.what's ur contribution to dis topic?u should b in ur early or late 20s so contribute.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by swtcharissa(f): 2:55am On Jul 29, 2012
My dear there is notin wrong,it all depends on the individuals maturity to handle issues,a lady ma be 29,yet she is not wiser than a 20yr old gal,I knw of a frd who married a 22yr old lady,n till date he keeps saying' age is not maturity'n keeps thanking God he did not miss d opportunity due to age factor

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2sexy(m): 6:27am On Jul 29, 2012
pendo89: The above stereotypes are what make people blunder big time

I hate approaching anybody with a fixed mindset cz I will have this negative view and fail to see or bring out the best in them.

I know many under 25 yr old responsible girls.Why do people assume that a girl must sleep with 99 men before she settles down? Says who? Is that a statistic?

Don't u guys have responsible sisters among you? Do your young sisters sleep around with anything in trouser? what is your responsibility over them? sorry am old fashioned here. pardon me.

Some people mature and become responsible early in life based on their upbringing,environment and the crowd.And they remain fun and morally sober.

So these generalisations as much as we enjoy cheering them on, are not very true cz they are based on what 'we have encountered' not what we have not.

I will like to say thank you for the perception you have reflected but I will like to remind you that we live in a wicked world today, a world where moral degradation is the order of the and as such, morally upright people are almost going into extinction.

I also want you to know that the comments given by various folks does not mean hatred on the female folks but should give you a practical view of the world we live in today. And mind you, I fall into this category. My experiences hasn't been good with them and I swear to you, I have never been bad to anyone. A nairaland member once said I am alway whinning, another said me and my girls wahala but I believe this thread reveals a lot. I am proud of who I am and I know that my kind is hard to come by so, I decided to treat them just the way they want. I don't initiate the problems,they do. So, when it start, I don't waste time but keep my distance. There's one whom I gave my all back then, but she chose fun over love and through my time with her, I gave her money without sex. Where in the world can you easily get that today? How many guys would date a girl today, give her money without seeing her pants?

It got so bad that I had to let her go. I also realised that being nice to most of these girls isn't worth it at all. And so, I have drastically reduced the things my heart naturally love to do when dating a girl, that is, buying stuff without her asking. I had to start feeding my stomach alone. These days, I would prefer to walk into a fast food joint or booker alone and eat to my satisfaction than buy for girl, even though I know she's hungry. I have done it countless times and the reward has been great. I did it to girl I was dating and I knew she was very hungry but pretended as if I didn't know even though she talked about it. I took a bike after seeing her off to her house and stopped at a booker to eat my turkey with eba and egusi and settled everything with a cold malt. Am I wicked? Lol! I had to do that when on two occasion that girl abuse the right I gave her and I have never gave her anything ever since. Infact, I stopped calling her and faced other things. Silly! After four months, she started calling me. I called her once or twice and it took another four months again and started calling me again.

It is when you stop giving attention that they will start running after you. Like the girl I describe above and a few others I met after her. It's pathetic, but that is the world we live in today.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 29, 2012
swtcharissa: My dear there is notin wrong,it all depends on the individuals maturity to handle issues,a lady ma be 29,yet she is not wiser than a 20yr old gal,I knw of a frd who married a 22yr old lady,n till date he keeps saying' age is not maturity'n keeps thanking God he did not miss d opportunity due to age factor

That your friend is just an exception....acidtalk is abt 90percent right...Just go to unilag and see the way the girls behave like the world revolves around them and observe what is been said...Now fastforward to 6 yrs after graduation...The change in behaviour is so visible....different priorities..PPle say age is jst a number but ow do u feel wen all ur age mates are in school and u u're still writing jamb severally....Same for marriage...how do u feel wen all ur age mates are married and even havin kids and u're still searching...DESPERATE...even if u may try to hide it... I have a sister and all the bfs I've eva known with her had cars....wen she was much younger...Her last bf didn't have a car and she used to pay for some dates sef...She's nw always talkin abt gettin married within 2 yrs....She is late twenties...I think the smartest girls are those that get their acts together btw the ages of 20 and 25..find a good man within that period and marry latest by 28 or 29 or 30...

PS: many ladies in their late twenties are the easiest to bed...Jst form small responsible throw in the marriage card and she's all yours...She will even drive over to ur place to sleep with u jst to keep u....cos she knws she's in extra time.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2dmax(m): 8:35am On Jul 29, 2012
190: most girls of that age dont have respect
they cheat
they dont have focus
dey are lead by material tins

always interested in ashawo don get uniform oooooh kinda clothes
THE MOST CAPABLE ONES ARE THOSE DONE WITH NYSC and more focused in life and
seem to know what they want!
wat abt d 1s still hoping to scale jamb?
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2dmax(m): 8:37am On Jul 29, 2012
Sijo01:

there are some early twenties dat more cool headed and also kno wat dey want more dan some late twenties......in others words, maturity is not defined by age.
r u 1 of those?
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2dmax(m): 9:10am On Jul 29, 2012
sandraa: Gosh i cant believe you guys have sense like this o!

As in from most of the replies i can see guys are stepping up to the "I have grown up zone"

On a real note most chics in their early twenties are not ready to marry trust me i ve been there!
Its just at that stage they dont know what they want but just flow with the "trend" at hand or what my "family want"

It takes a little reality check to push them in the right direction in life!

So if you ve a chic in her early twenties that you want to marry, just be there on the side and be friends with her cos your time will come when she will realise you are the one and thats when you can marry her!
You have to ve a lot of patience cos enough guys will go in and out under ur nose, but just set your eyes on the ball!

Good luck!
U mean set d eyes on d 'pit'?
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2dmax(m): 9:15am On Jul 29, 2012
Julieccentric:

Oh thanks...what if the guy has got his own problems?besides hw come younger guys don't ask me out like around 28 to 30..I am always having suitors around 35 upward..really funny buh its the truth.
1. Stand before ur mirror and take a good look @ urself. 2. Ask ur mum ur real age 3.flies are naturally attracted to dungs...which r u?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Four Weird Things I Find Very Attractive On A Lady. The Fourth One Is Strange. / My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That / Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.