Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest (36473 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Mustay(m): 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
aryzgreat:

“WE ARE NOT RESISITING the decision of the state government to beautify the Bridgehead BUT the plan to demolish our place of worship is MORE POLITICAL and COULD RESULT in breakdown of law and order BECAUSE no Muslim would stand by and watch their place of worship demolished for NO JUST CAUSE”

Do not let the hands overtake the processes of the brain.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
dragnet: from the little interaction or posts from this thread I think I can presume that igbos or should I say 'Anambra Igbos' are abusive, vulgar, self-centred, ignorant, unreasonable set of people and a host of other characters displayed on this thread...
And its a pity that even the Christianity (they claim to practice 'cus I can still see fits of idolism in most of them) hasnt changed them one bit !

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether it's irrelevant or unimportant, that's a right we can't take away from you even if we wanted to, we won't. Nevertheless, it doesn't negate the fact Islam isn't a religion of peace BUT war and violence.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Mustay(m): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
manny4life:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether it's irrelevant or unimportant, that's a right we can't take away from you even if we wanted to, we won't. Nevertheless, it doesn't negate the fact Islam isn't a religion of peace BUT war and violence.

It also doesn't negate the fact that your opinion is right anyways.
Religion is not by compulsion. You just contradicted yourself in the post by trying to make statistics out of a personal conviction of yours.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
Antivirus92: you're really insane. So u thought that the remaining percentage are muslims? So u don't know that the second largest religion in igboland is our traditional religion which makes up the remainder of the percentage.
I dont blame you for calling me insane,i blam ur religion and ur pastor/daddy Rev. King.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2012
Mustay:

It also doesn't negate the fact that your opinion is right anyways.
Religion is not by compulsion. You just contradicted yourself in the post by trying to make statistics out of a personal conviction of yours.

Oh well, if I contradict myself, so be it. As far as I'm concerned, if you do a survey, I'm sure the result WILL NEVER lie about how people view Islam. Be it as it may, like you said, religion is not compulsory, however, whoever decide to practice Islam, must do so within their own confine. I wouldn't want a religion of Hate, War and Violence spread like a plague around us.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2012
NO LONG TIN:

Its obvious u're a muslim, u need to study d bible and not memorize or read bits and pieces.
I would ave enlightened u but but I don't think its necessary, I'll tell u 2 things, the old and new testament make-up the bible, find out their purpose

2. U quoted the bible verse like somone who understand it but u don't, its only what ur imam told u, dat u repeat here. Go study the Bible so u don't get decieved by ur imam.... He only does dat to harden ur heart against Christianity.
I remember being in a friends place and I heard an imam(in a mosque close by) castigate Christians(I guess that's wat happens regularly in mosque), but thr funny thing is that he like others don't understand the bible, his followers would repeat the same nonesense happily #SMH
Do not think that I have
come to send peace on
earth. I did not come to
send peace, but a sword. I
am sent to set a man
against his father, a
daughter against her
mother, and a daughter-
in-law against her
mother-in-
law” (Matthew
10:34-35)
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
Chynx:

C'mon bruv, wat do u expect from a randy man who has been brainwashed to believe that he's got some virgins waitin for him somewhere? grin
“Now therefore, kill
every male among the
little ones, and kill every
woman who has known
man intimately. But all the
girls who have not known
man intimately, spare for
yourselves.” (Numbers
31:17-18)
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2012
manny4life:

Oh well, if I contradict myself, so be it. As far as I'm concerned, if you do a survey, I'm sure the result WILL NEVER lie about how people view Islam. Be it as it may, like you said, religion is not compulsory, however, whoever decide to practice Islam, must do so within their own confine. I wouldn't want a religion of Hate, War and Violence spread like a plague around us.
Hey Mr Gay,how do u do?Did ur pastor say about you having a party with ur fellow homos?You want to share with us?
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
Da infamous: that is why Islam is not a good religion because those igbos that converted was due to circumstances not by their own will,so that means that join Islam cuz of poverty....
Bishop Oyedepo To
Muslim Sister : “Convert
To Christianity Or Die
Poor,”
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by falgar: 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2012
shocked[size=16pt][/size]
PLEASE IF THE SAID MOSQUE ON THE WAY OF THE ORIGINAL MASTER PLAN WHICH THE GOVT IS TRYING TO REVIVE,THE SHOULD GO AHEAD AND DEMOLISH IT. WHEN PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BUILD HOUSE,SHOPS ,CHURCH,MOSQUE,MOTOR PARKS AND WHAT EVER THEY LIKE BLOCKING THE MAJOR ROADS AND DRAINAGE DUE TO NEGLIGENCE ON THE SIDE OF GOVT SHOULD BE READY TO COUNT LOSSES SHOULD GOVT WAKE UP FROM SLUMBER. YES SLUMBER THAT'S WHAT I CALL IT COS WHO EVER THAT PASSES THRU ONITSHA OR BOARD BUS FROM ANY OF THOSE MOTOR PARKS BESIDE THE SHOULD KNOW THAT IS FORMERLY A FOUR CARRIAGE.

LETS STOP ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE FROM RELIGIOUS OR TRIBAL POINT OF IT
SHUN FANATISM........KILLER OF TRUE FEDERALISM
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Mustay(m): 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
manny4life:
if you do a survey, I'm sure the result WILL NEVER lie about how people view Islam. Be it as it may, like you said, religion is not compulsory, however, whoever decide to practice Islam, must do so within their own confine. I wouldn't want a religion of Hate, War and Violence spread like a plague around us.

You see. I can tell you that after the 9/11, alotta oyibos took interest in Islam and some did convert. You can visit BBC's 'Heart and Soul' page or do some googling yourself but it doesn't make a Tunde Bakare revert to his former religion neither does it make a Femi Abdl Lateef Fani-Kayode removing the 'Abdul Lateef' from his name.

'tis is the same way some foreigners term ALL NIGERIANS corrupt.
Brother, it seems you're in 'vexing mood activated' but whatever the case, I'd like to refer to one of my favorite quotes -
". . .there are only two types of people in this world - the good who do good deeds and the bad who do bad. That's all my son, there's no other difference".
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by BetaThings: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
manny4life:

Even Jesus Christ was persecuted, he was even accused wrongly, judged wrongly and was put to death by being nailed to the cross. How much more we Christians who are the body of Christ himself? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Even the Bible did acknowledge that for you will be persecuted, rejected, punished for his name, In other words, Christians will ALWAYS go through the same thing perhaps in a different way. Even now, Christians are persecuted for their beliefs around Africa. In Nigeria, the Muslim led Boko Haram, torture and destroy Christian properties, from Egypt to Syria to Iraq, to Pakistan, Christian lives and properties have been tortured, killed and destroyed. Through our lord Jesus Christ and persistence we carry on. So brother, leave all your accusations to the side.

My point is that Igbos persecuted early Igbo christians
And they are persecuting the early Igbo muslims now
So why will this lamentation of persecution apply to christians and not to the muslims?
And you have even said that you are prepared to persecute Igbo Muslims
Have you not lost the right to protest?

So why did christians in Nigeria support the invasion of Iraq by the US?
Where are the christians being persecuted around Africa
Yet Christians in Uganda persecute others
There is a terrorist christian group forcibly converting people in India. Is that okay?

We can see it in others, but not in ourselves
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by BetaThings: 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
manny4life:

Christians have caused more wars and violence than all other groups put together
Remember the inquisition and crusade
Christians are oppressing people and tagging them for resisting

Christians under occupation have always sabotaged, killed and tortured to win their freedom
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Dawdy(m): 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2012
Death of Women, Children, Infants, and Unborn babies. Numbers 31:17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones,
and kill every woman that hath
known man by lying with him.
18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying
with him, keep alive for
yourselves. Joshua 10:28And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with
the edge of the sword, and the king
thereof he utterly destroyed, them,
and all the souls that were therein;
he let none remain: and he did to
the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho. 29Then Joshua passed from Makkedah, and
all Israel with him, unto Libnah, and fought against Libnah: 30And the LORD delivered it also, and the king
thereof, into the hand of Israel; and
he smote it with the edge of the
sword, and all the souls that were
therein; he let none remain in it; but
did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho.31And Joshua passed from Libnah, and all
Israel with him, unto Lachish, and
encamped against it, and fought against it: 32And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of
Israel, which took it on the second
day, and smote it with the edge of
the sword, and all the souls that
were therein, according to all that
he had done to Libnah. 2 Kings 2:23And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was
going up by the way, there came
forth little children out of the city,
and mocked him, and said unto him,
Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed
them in the name of the LORD. And
there came forth two she bears out
of the wood, and tare forty and two
children of them. 2 Kings 15:16Then Menahem smote Tiphsah, and all that were therein,
and the coasts thereof from Tirzah:
because they opened not to him,
therefore he smote it; and all the
women therein that were with child
he ripped up. Psalms 137:9Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones
against the stones. Psalms 137:9Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes
them against the rocks. (NLT) Ezekial 9: 5And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him
through the city, and smite: let not
your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and
women: but come not near any man
upon whom is the mark; and begin
at my sanctuary. Then they began
at the ancient men which were before the house. 7And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill
the courts with the slain: go ye
forth. And they went forth, and slew
in the city. Hosea 9:16Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no
fruit: yea, though they bring forth,
yet will I slay even the beloved
fruit of their womb. Hosea 13:16Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled
against her God: they shall fall by
the sword: their infants shall be
dashed in pieces, and their women
with child shall be ripped up. Punishment for cursing parents (Death): Exodus 21:15And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely
put to death. Exodus 21:17And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be
put to death. Deuteronomy 21:18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which
will not obey the voice of his father,
or the voice of his mother, and that,
when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19Then shall his father and his mother lay
hold on him, and bring him out unto
the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This
our son is stubborn and rebellious,
he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21And all the men of his city shall stone him
with stones, that he die: so shalt
thou put evil away from among
you; and all Israel shall hear, and
fear. Matthew 15:1Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of
the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3But he answered and said unto them,
Why do ye also transgress the
commandment of God by your tradition? 4For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and
mother: and, He that curseth father
or mother, let him die the death. Punishment For Apostates (Death): Deuteronomy 13:6If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy
daughter, or the wife of thy bosom,
or thy friend, which is as thine own
soul, entice thee secretly, saying,
Let us go and serve other gods,
which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7Namely, of the gods of the people which are round
about you, nigh unto thee, or far off
from thee, from the one end of the
earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him;
neither shall thine eye pity him,
neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand
shall be first upon him to put him to
death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die;
because he hath sought to thrust
thee away from the LORD thy God,
which brought thee out of the land
of Egypt, from the house of
bondage. Deuteronomy 13: 13Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from
among you, and have withdrawn
the inhabitants of their city, saying,
Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; 14Then shalt thou enquire, and make
search, and ask diligently; and,
behold, if it be truth, and the thing
certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that
city with the edge of the sword,
destroying it utterly, and all that is
therein, and the cattle thereof, with
the edge of the sword. Deuteronomy 17:3And hath gone and served other gods, and
worshipped them, either the sun, or
moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4And it be told thee, and thou hast heard
of it, and enquired diligently, and,
behold, it be true, and the thing
certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman,
which have committed that wicked
thing, unto thy gates, even that
man or that woman, and shalt stone
them with stones, till they die. 2 Chronicles 15:13That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of
Israel should be put to death,
whether small or great, whether
man or woman. Romans 1:21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him
not as God, neither were thankful;
but became vain in their
imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into
an image made like to corruptible
man, and to birds, and fourfooted
beasts, and creeping things. 24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts
of their own hearts, to dishonour
their own bodies between themselves: 25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and
worshipped and served the
creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26For this cause God gave them up unto
vile affections: for even their
women did change the natural use
into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the
woman, burned in their lust one
toward another; men with men
working that which is unseemly,
and receiving in themselves that
recompence of their error which was meet. 28And even as they did not like to retain God in their
knowledge, God gave them over to
a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29Being filled with all unrighteousness,
fornication, wickedness,
covetousness, maliciousness; full of
envy, murder, debate, deceit,
malignity; whisperers, 30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters,
inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31Without understanding, covenantbreakers,
without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that
they which commit such things are
worthy of death, not only do the
same, but have pleasure in them
that do them.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
Dawdy: Death of Women, Children, Infants, and Unborn babies. Numbers 31:17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones,
and kill every woman that hath
known man by lying with him.
18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying
with him, keep alive for
yourselves. Joshua 10:28And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with
the edge of the sword, and the king
thereof he utterly destroyed, them,
and all the souls that were therein;
he let none remain: and he did to
the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho. 29Then Joshua passed from Makkedah, and
all Israel with him, unto Libnah, and fought against Libnah: 30And the LORD delivered it also, and the king
thereof, into the hand of Israel; and
he smote it with the edge of the
sword, and all the souls that were
therein; he let none remain in it; but
did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho.31And Joshua passed from Libnah, and all
Israel with him, unto Lachish, and
encamped against it, and fought against it: 32And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of
Israel, which took it on the second
day, and smote it with the edge of
the sword, and all the souls that
were therein, according to all that
he had done to Libnah. 2 Kings 2:23And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was
going up by the way, there came
forth little children out of the city,
and mocked him, and said unto him,
Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed
them in the name of the LORD. And
there came forth two she bears out
of the wood, and tare forty and two
children of them. 2 Kings 15:16Then Menahem smote Tiphsah, and all that were therein,
and the coasts thereof from Tirzah:
because they opened not to him,
therefore he smote it; and all the
women therein that were with child
he ripped up. Psalms 137:9Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones
against the stones. Psalms 137:9Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes
them against the rocks. (NLT) Ezekial 9: 5And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him
through the city, and smite: let not
your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and
women: but come not near any man
upon whom is the mark; and begin
at my sanctuary. Then they began
at the ancient men which were before the house. 7And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill
the courts with the slain: go ye
forth. And they went forth, and slew
in the city. Hosea 9:16Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no
fruit: yea, though they bring forth,
yet will I slay even the beloved
fruit of their womb. Hosea 13:16Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled
against her God: they shall fall by
the sword: their infants shall be
dashed in pieces, and their women
with child shall be ripped up. Punishment for cursing parents (Death): Exodus 21:15And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely
put to death. Exodus 21:17And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be
put to death. Deuteronomy 21:18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which
will not obey the voice of his father,
or the voice of his mother, and that,
when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19Then shall his father and his mother lay
hold on him, and bring him out unto
the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This
our son is stubborn and rebellious,
he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21And all the men of his city shall stone him
with stones, that he die: so shalt
thou put evil away from among
you; and all Israel shall hear, and
fear. Matthew 15:1Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of
the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3But he answered and said unto them,
Why do ye also transgress the
commandment of God by your tradition? 4For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and
mother: and, He that curseth father
or mother, let him die the death. Punishment For Apostates (Death): Deuteronomy 13:6If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy
daughter, or the wife of thy bosom,
or thy friend, which is as thine own
soul, entice thee secretly, saying,
Let us go and serve other gods,
which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7Namely, of the gods of the people which are round
about you, nigh unto thee, or far off
from thee, from the one end of the
earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him;
neither shall thine eye pity him,
neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand
shall be first upon him to put him to
death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die;
because he hath sought to thrust
thee away from the LORD thy God,
which brought thee out of the land
of Egypt, from the house of
bondage. Deuteronomy 13: 13Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from
among you, and have withdrawn
the inhabitants of their city, saying,
Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; 14Then shalt thou enquire, and make
search, and ask diligently; and,
behold, if it be truth, and the thing
certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that
city with the edge of the sword,
destroying it utterly, and all that is
therein, and the cattle thereof, with
the edge of the sword. Deuteronomy 17:3And hath gone and served other gods, and
worshipped them, either the sun, or
moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4And it be told thee, and thou hast heard
of it, and enquired diligently, and,
behold, it be true, and the thing
certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman,
which have committed that wicked
thing, unto thy gates, even that
man or that woman, and shalt stone
them with stones, till they die. 2 Chronicles 15:13That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of
Israel should be put to death,
whether small or great, whether
man or woman. Romans 1:21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him
not as God, neither were thankful;
but became vain in their
imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into
an image made like to corruptible
man, and to birds, and fourfooted
beasts, and creeping things. 24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts
of their own hearts, to dishonour
their own bodies between themselves: 25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and
worshipped and served the
creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26For this cause God gave them up unto
vile affections: for even their
women did change the natural use
into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the
woman, burned in their lust one
toward another; men with men
working that which is unseemly,
and receiving in themselves that
recompence of their error which was meet. 28And even as they did not like to retain God in their
knowledge, God gave them over to
a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29Being filled with all unrighteousness,
fornication, wickedness,
covetousness, maliciousness; full of
envy, murder, debate, deceit,
malignity; whisperers, 30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters,
inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31Without understanding, covenantbreakers,
without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that
they which commit such things are
worthy of death, not only do the
same, but have pleasure in them
that do them.

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
akthedream: Hey Mr Gay,how do u do?Did ur pastor say about you having a party with ur fellow homos?You want to share with us?

Damn, looks like I hit a nerve... undecided undecided undecided

Now listen di/ckhead, you don't need to wash your dirty linens in public, you know you don't wanna be stoned to death like the do in Saudi Arabia and UAE --- Sharia law... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
Mustay:

You see. I can tell you that after the 9/11, alotta oyibos took interest in Islam and some did convert. You can visit BBC's 'Heart and Soul' page or do some googling yourself but it doesn't make a Tunde Bakare revert to his former religion neither does it make a Femi Abdl Lateef Fani-Kayode removing the 'Abdul Lateef' from his name.

'tis is the same way some foreigners term ALL NIGERIANS corrupt.
Brother, it seems you're in 'vexing mood activated' but whatever the case, I'd like to refer to one of my favorite quotes -
". . .there are only two types of people in this world - the good who do good deeds and the bad who do bad. That's all my son, there's no other difference".

LOL...I laugh tire at the bold. Converted to Islam, shocked shocked shocked I can see how the converts are doing grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by evryday: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
rhymz: abeg shut up your frigging mouth if you lack common sense to discern. Fashola is a muslim Yoruba who demolished a mosque used mainly by Yoruba muslims, of course that wont be much of a problem compared to Peter Obi, an Igbo christian man demolishing a mosque predominantly used by Hausa and Fulani muslims; of course reactions will be different. What better explanation did Fashole give for the demolition other than the fact it was standing on an illegal space. And pls, let's cut the crap, I am yet to meet an Igbo muslim, that nonsense seems to be a journalistic embelishment to give an impression of total support from the muslim community. Fashola has got no magic wand to solve such issues besides using force when it is neccessary, I was a witness to the resistance from the people of Surulere when Fashola and his demolition team went on a spree, I remember how one old lady was screaming and shouting who is fashole. .bla bla bla. .they eventually prevailed on him and he stopped. So stop your bullsheeet talk, people prgotested too when Fashola was busy demolishing structures in Lagos. why do you think he stopped? Compared to Abuja that carried more demolition exercise, Lagos has a catastrophic planning arrangement yet he had to stop. Abi u think say im get devine revelation to stop ni? He was stopped.

Kpommmkwem:on point brother.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
BetaThings:

So why will this lamentation of persecution apply to christians and not to the muslims?

There is a terrorist christian group forcibly converting people in India. Is that okay?

Well, like I told you, Islam is Islam and Christianity is Christian. The Bible did not talk about any other book other than word of God. BTW, Islam is not being persecuted, no one in the SE is burning or destroying their lives and properties. What govt is doing within the law "NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW" regardless of religion or ethnicity.

Please brother, Christians supported invasion of irag by the U.S.? People have their own conviction, besides, you should ask yourself, why the hell did the Muslims here rejoicing when the twin towers were bummed down? Why do many still make good reference to it as the sins of U.S.?

When terrorist killed close to 4,000 people in NY, created billion of $$$ in damage, the Pentagon was rocked, you need to see the patch it left behind, it instilled fear even up till today in most Washingtonians, and you're here saying why did Nigerian Christians support invasion of Iraq?

Answer is simple, if that will put a slow hold on you terror group and Islamist, so be it.

Well, tell me of the terror group in India and what they have caused...

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Antivirus92(m): 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2012
BetaThings:

igbos are not persecuting any igbo muslim. The fact is that THERE ARE NO IGBO MUSLIMS,so how can persecute people that doesn't exist. Know it again, i've interacted with muslims very well and the truth is that they can to the extent of lying to defend their religion and after lying the next thing is kill,blood etc if the opponent still insist.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by rhymz(m): 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
demmie1:

Is This about fashola or about a mosque on a wrong site? My guy, you did not contribute any iota to this forum, all you did was to shout. Abeg commot for this forum.
I wonder why eeeediots like you fail to use your brain when replying to posts, seriously, if your I.Q is low to the point you can't decipher on what basis I made my comment and how Fashola factored in my response, just shut da 4ck up. Somebody made a comparison of Mr Obis action with that of Fashola and I replied him accordingly yet your lame brain could not comprehend it. Abeg go pack inside gutter you 4cking Nitwit of no intelligence. Na by force to comment ni?
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
manny4life:

LOL...I laugh tire at the bold. Converted to Islam, shocked shocked shocked I can see how the converts are doing grin grin grin grin grin grin

Actually, the number of Islam converts have increased in America.

I wonder why some of us won't fear Christianity when Christians themselves are as "demonic" as the Muslims they curse, if not more.

Imagine, Ejine might even be a Christian. . . .asking for religious cleansing of Igbo muslims. Wharray shame.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
http://www.christianpost.com/news/muslim-community-in-america-increasing-dramatically-says-researcher-70570/

http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/2006/12/12/are-conversions-to-islam-likely-to-increase/

Even in the UK: http://insideislam.wisc.edu/index.php/archives/6566

Although I dont want to practice any religion, I like to be open-minded, and will eventually read more into Islam. The more I read everyday, the more I redefine my perception about Islam.

PS: Most of the civil and criminal cases that go in and out of the court room are commited by Christians. Pastors embezzling church members, etc.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Actually, the number of Islam converts have increased in America.

I wonder why some of us won't fear Christianity when Christians themselves are as "demonic" as the Muslims they curse, if not more.

Imagine, Ejine might even be a Christian. . . .asking for religious cleansing of Igbo muslims. Wharray shame.

Hmm, Ileke, go back and read his post again before you start trying all this irrelevance.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
http://www.christianpost.com/news/muslim-community-in-america-increasing-dramatically-says-researcher-70570/

http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/2006/12/12/are-conversions-to-islam-likely-to-increase/

Even in the UK: http://insideislam.wisc.edu/index.php/archives/6566

Although I dont want to practice any religion, I like to be open-minded, and will eventually read more into Islam. The more I read everyday, the more I redefine my perception about Islam.

PS: Most of the civil and criminal cases that go in and out of the court room are commited by Christians. Pastors embezzling church members, etc.

I rather deal with civil case than deal with terror case. Ask DOJ most if the terror cases that have originated, 95% are committed by Muslims...go figure.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2012
manny4life:

Hmm, Ileke, go back and read his post again before you start trying all this irrelevance.

LOL. @ took interest after 9/11. grin

manny4life:

I rather deal with civil case than deal with terror case. Ask DOJ most if the terror cases that have originated, 95% are committed by Muslims...go figure.

Although they use religion as justification, a lot of terror cases are political. i.e Al Q and Osama.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL. @ took interest after 9/11. grin

Although they use religion as justification, a lot of terror cases are political. i.e Al Q and Osama.

Exactly! He claims after 9/11, a lot of people converted, like really? No one is arguing whether Islam is increasing in the U.S. or not, as a matter of fact, I really don't care whether they increase or decrease, as long as you don't impose your law on anyone. Just like they were clamoring for Islamic Sharia Law in Minnesota if I'm correct, the court struck it out because Sharia law CAN NEVER supersede the SUPREME LAW OF THE U.S.

Well, wouldn't it make sense that the act of terrorism is political for the case itself to be political? When Iran is sponsoring militants, Iraq oil is used to sponsor militants, the funds from Saudi Arabia is channeled different for a terror cause, Pakistan covered up for OBL (Osama), in fact, most part of the Middle-East is hot and heavy, sponsoring one group or the other, what do you expect?

Abeg, let's leave the "Political" out of it, if you commit a terror crime, YOU DESERVE EVERY PUNISHMENT you get.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by BetaThings: 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2012
naijathings: Why all the noise about demolition of the mosque for the benefit of state affairs?
Do Christians complain when bokoharam demolish their churches with bombs and violence?
Now some of you say the Anambra govt should be careful not to stir up violence and religious turmoil.
What type of religion openly opposes the govt and threatens with violence and killing of Christians? SMH
Of course christians complain when Boko Haram strike
Like any reasonable people, christian complain, cry ti the government asking that something should be done whenever Boko Haram carry out their atrocities

However we can never compare Boko Haram to a government. Please don't give the impression that this is in retaliation to Boko Haram
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by BetaThings: 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
nawtyme: Pls we the Igbos are not confused. We are all christains. Any igboman who is a muslim is fake nd did it for economic nd political reasons. Let me ask, what can one gain from a religion that knows nothing other than kill ! Kill !! And kill !!!
Nothing. Nobody can gain from that religion
If Islam is about kill, kill, do you think Igbos would have settled in the North to start with
The kidnappers that held Aba hostage about 2 years ago did not number up to 5,000. Or did they?
BUt they caused so much outrage
Now suppose Muslims who number millions actually kill, kill, what do you think would happen?
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by BetaThings: 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
manny4life:

Well, like I told you, Islam is Islam and Christianity is Christian. The Bible did not talk about any other book other than word of God. BTW, Islam is not being persecuted, no one in the SE is burning or destroying their lives and properties. What govt is doing within the law "NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW" regardless of religion or ethnicity.

Please brother, Christians supported invasion of irag by the U.S.? People have their own conviction, besides, you should ask yourself, why the hell did the Muslims here rejoicing when the twin towers were bummed down? Why do many still make good reference to it as the sins of U.S.?

When terrorist killed close to 4,000 people in NY, created billion of $$$ in damage, the Pentagon was rocked, you need to see the patch it left behind, it instilled fear even up till today in most Washingtonians, and you're here saying why did Nigerian Christians support invasion of Iraq?

Answer is simple, if that will put a slow hold on you terror group and Islamist, so be it.

Well, tell me of the terror group in India and what they have caused...

Nobody is saying that the government should not demolish any structure if the intention is pure

My point is about people from the SE whom I thought believed in fairness all along but seem to delight in injustice

How many muslims that you know personally justify 9/11? We should not use adverse selection to judge matters
Some muslims died in the 9/11 event, are you saying their relations also were happy with it?
Many muslims would have applauded it out of ignorance (that was in 2001, remember) because their leaders told them it was good for the US
Iran which has had issues with the US could take that view

Iraq was different from Afghanistan. America is not an illiterate society
How many innocent muslims have died in the hands of the US since 2001
Do you think that would put paid to terror
A journalist threw his shoes at Bush to national applause. That would not have happened before Iraqi invasion
Should a legitimate democratic government behave like terrorists
Most Iraqis used to peaceful existence though under a dictator preferred that life under a dictator to a dangerous existence even under true democracy
Has that made life safer for the US. Has it not provided justification for people who want to recruit terrorists
And we know that terror, once started is difficult to stop. Iraq will not know peace for a long term
And the US economy has suffered the effects of fighting 2 wars concurrently

Countless muslims did not know about 9/11,so had no opinion, countless did not understand the geopolitics of it
Countless muslim scholars have been talking publicly and openly about Boko Haram before Ramadan and have intensified it during Ramadan
Are those people part of Boko Haram? The scholars killed by Boko Haram for speaking out, are they part of Boko Haram?
The man who sat with Obj to explore route to peace and was murdered within 24hours, was he part of Boko Haram atrocities?
Who remembers him? How many muslims like that exist? Majority

Nigerians believe that Americans are violent, with periodic reports of shooting at public places
So is every American like that? Is that statistically possible?
When people accuse Nigerians of 419, what about the victims?

If virtually all Igbos commenting here (the most literate among the Igbos) are championing killing Igbo muslims where they can be found
How can Igbos rebuke Boko Haram?

The Baptist Church of Tripura was initially set up by missionaries from New Zealand in the 1940s. Despite their efforts, even until the 1980s, only a few thousand people in Tripura had converted to Christianity. In the aftermath of one of the worst ethnic riots, the NLFT was born in 1989—allegedly with the help of the Baptist Church. Since then, the NLFT has been advancing its cause through armed rebellion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Liberation_Front_of_Tripura
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by BetaThings: 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2012
latest: Check very well such fellow whom you have seen as [b]an Igbo who nods his head on the ground [/b]probably do so because of what an alhaji has promised him if He practice that religion, He will definitely be the only one in His entire family and live in isolation until He retraces His step. I personally havn't come in contact with any but, have heared of some one who joined solely for what He stands to get Whom i believe by now must have known His right from left.
Jesus Christ fell on his face too to pray
No matter how disgusting you find it, it has a precedent
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by cesil92: 11:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
Hear the stupid Mallam say "No Muslim will stand and watch thier place of worship being destroyed". They want to fight back now yet they find much pleasure destroyin and burning churches and killing christians.
What a voilent, biased, self centered and selfish religion?
I hate them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars / 2 Female Victims Of Zaria Clash Between The Army And Shitte Sect Revealed (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.