Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) (8471 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sequel to this thread.
www.nairaland.com/1002371/plan-demolish-mosque-onitsha-muslims

. . .and in fulfillment of my promise to Asha 80
asha 80: i wish you post a pic of that place people who are ignorant of that place will appreciate the eyesore there.i know say u get some pics of osha.
ACM10: I never knew that this issue will ever arise. I was at Bridge Head market exactly one yr ago. It rained on that day and I took shelter at the back of the mosque in a shop where they sells mattress. The place was a muddy mess. The day I visited the market coincided with their prayer day. The place where the mosque was located is supposed to be an open place. Most of the structures there are makeshift structures. The environment is very dirty too. Infact, those areas are in dire need of Upper Iweka styled treatment. I will try to provide photos when next I visits.

www.nairaland.com/1002371/plan-demolish-mosque-onitsha-muslims/4#11602150

I hereby present to Nairalanders the pictures of the Onitsha Head Bridge Market mosque that is raising so much dust.

Would you tolerate such filth at the major point of entrance into your state?

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by CyberG: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
ACM10: Sequel to this thread.
www.nairaland.com/1002371/plan-demolish-mosque-onitsha-muslims

. . .and in fulfillment of my promise to Asha 80

www.nairaland.com/1002371/plan-demolish-mosque-onitsha-muslims/4#11602150

I hereby present to Nairalanders the pictures of the Onitsha Head Bridge Market mosque that is raising so much dust.

Would you tolerate such filth at the major point of entrance into your state?

Racist, tribalist bigoted people call it filth! Does the mosque constitute the only filth over there? I bet not but you must find any excuse to show your bigotry! Such classlessness!!

1 Like

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
CyberG:

Racist, tribalist bigoted people call it filth! Does the mosque constitute the only filth over there? I bet not but you must find any excuse to show your bigotry! Such classlessness!!

When I say "filth", I mean the vicinity of the mosque. Pls respond to the message, and don't derail this thread by attacking the messenger.
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by asha80(m): 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
cyberg and his normal rantings.acm10 are those recent pics because it looks like some cleansing is going on there?
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by nduchucks: 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2012
A more sensible solution is to provide a grant to be used to upgrade the mosque and beautitify the neighborhood. If a road must pass through the mosque's current location, you negotiate quietly with the owners of the mosque, relocate them in a dignified manner to a mutually agreed upon area, and compensate them handsomely for any inconvenience.

It does not require complex rocket scientific calculations to do this.
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
Side of the mosque

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by saintneo(m): 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2012
The place is ugly.

Relocated the locals to another spot and reconstruct.
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
A "presumed" northern trader about to urinate into the gutter in full glare of the passer-by at the expressway

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
More pictures to come. . . Stay tuned
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
[size=15pt]wow what an eyesore !!! this place MUST be demolished angry. Peter Obi has my support[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by CyberG: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2012
asha 80: cyberg and his normal rantings.acm10 are those recent pics because it looks like some cleansing is going on there?

And who's this idiota who has no opinion of his but follow around like a lapdog!?? Buzz off, stupido!

Is it that dirty looking road and environment part of the mosque or is the mosque responsible for it? Some people can not get past their useless narrow minded tribalism! Yet, under a small attack they will cry like the entire world has been placed on their head to crush them! angry angry
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by Rhino5dm: 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
I thought Alaigbo is El dorado? undecided

1 Like

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by asha80(m): 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
CyberG:

And who's this idiota who has no opinion of his but follow around like a lapdog!?? Buzz off, stupido!

Is it that dirty looking road and environment part of the mosque or is the mosque responsible for it? Some people can not get past their useless narrow minded tribalism! Yet, under a small attack they will cry like the entire world has been placed on their head to crush them! angry angry
another meaningless rant.keep them coming.
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by nduchucks: 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
CyberG:

The OP is indeed silly. We are yet to see the photograph of the "dilapidated" mosque. We are instead provided with pictures which show the incompetence of the state and local government in providing a safe and environmentally clean conditions for residents. That neighborhood needs to be cleaned up. Blaming the poor condition of the surrounding to the presense of a mosque is shameful of the OP.

@OP, Okwute angry MASSOB terrorists piafuka gi isi.
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2012
The mosque is by the side of this 4 lanes Upper Iweka to Head Bridge expressway.

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
The back of the mosque.

Remember that this makeshift structure sits in front of a very popular prescription drug market in Nigeria.

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2012
Work in progress. . .

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The OP is indeed silly. We are yet to see the photograph of the "dilapidated" mosque. We are instead provided with pictures which show the incompetence of the state and local government in providing a safe and environmentally clean conditions for residents. That neighborhood needs to be cleaned up. Blaming the poor condition of the surrounding to the presense of a mosque is shameful of the OP.

@OP, Okwute angry MASSOB terrorists piafuka gi isi.

I know that posting the picture of your brother in an uncompromising position in front of the drainage system will get u riled up. Therefore, your outburst of emotion is understandable
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
CyberG:

I've told u to be compliant with your medications. Stop harassing NLers whenever u slips into your frequent terrible relapses.

1 Like

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
ndu_chucks: [s]A more sensible solution is to provide a grant to be used to upgrade the mosque and beautitify the neighborhood.[/s] If a road must pass through the mosque's current location, you negotiate quietly with the owners of the mosque, relocate them in a dignified manner to a mutually agreed upon area, and compensate them handsomely for any inconvenience.

Reasonable.
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
I must remark that this area has a very heavy northern presence. So I have to snap undercover. I could not get a good shot of the mosque since I could not snap from a vantage position, cos doing so will attract the attention of the eagle-eyed northerners that a curiously monitoring my moves. I intends to make a case to the casual observers that Gov. Obi is indeed right in his decision to beautify the front of the market. The mosque and all the structures in front of the market should be demolished. This is my candid opinion as a concerned Anambrarian.
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by chino24: 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
^

Nwanne mu thanks alot for a job well done.

We are all in support of the government's move to restructure and remodel the 8 lanes access road to the economic/commercial city of SE- Onitsha.
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by Yeske2(m): 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2012
WTF! Is the mosque still standing and what the heck is Obi waiting for?
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by Ogbonaikenna(m): 6:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
Is that a mosque?
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by ACM10: 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: Is that a mosque?

Follow me ask dem o. It's shameful and embarrassing, how these people use every flimsy excuse to inflame emotions. Notice that most structures around the mosque has been demolished. The one left standing are the ones that are predominantly occupied by the northerners. In essence, they are sacred cows in Head Bridge market.
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by CyberG: 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2012
ACM10:
I've told u to be compliant with your medications. Stop harassing NLers whenever u slips into your frequent terrible relapses.

Attacking personality rather than seeing the stupide intolerance of your folks is your pastime anyway! You and your bigoted a**holes Keep wallowing in your slimy dirty existence!
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
ACM10: A "presumed" northern trader about to urinate into the gutter in full glare of the passer-by at the expressway

Yup, the Northerner is the sole reason why the rest of the environment looks unbelievably disgusting!
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by Ogbonaikenna(m): 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
CyberG:

Attacking personality rather than seeing the stupide intolerance of your folks is your pastime anyway! You and your bigoted a**holes Keep wallowing in your slimy dirty existence!
boy who you be self? Wetin dey worry you? Can't you address the issue at hand instead of this rubbish you are doing?
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
ACM10: The back of the mosque.

Remember that this makeshift structure sits in front of a very popular prescription drug market in Nigeria.

Aren't you ashamed?!
Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by Onlytruth(m): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
Just the sight of that shack they said is a mosque and the one aboki who I think is pissing in the drainage there makes the case.
I don't know how that place came to develop that way but we must make sure that they don't relocate to another part of Onitsha to repeat the same filth.
The sight of those bulldozers gives me a special joy.

4 Likes

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by Onlytruth(m): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
My brother ACM10, I owe you one special favor. Please keep reminding me of it because I hope to reward you somehow.
Jisie ike nwanne. We need more of your type than the others insulting other Igbo here.
Dalu so.

1 Like

Re: Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha(pic) by Onlytruth(m): 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
ndu_chucks: A more sensible solution is [size=16pt]to provide a grant to be used to upgrade the mosque[/size] and beautitify the neighborhood. If a road must pass through the mosque's current location, you negotiate quietly with the owners of the mosque, relocate them in a dignified manner to a mutually agreed upon area, and compensate them handsomely for any inconvenience.

You see? Thoughts like the bolded keep convincing me more and more that the ONLY solution to Nigeria is outright disintegration. Nothing else can work.
Do you know how idiotic the bolded sounds in Igboland where the government don't even use state funds to upgrade churchs where 99.9% of citizens worship on Sundays?
The bolded words are insults.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Moussa Faki Mahamat,, Chairperson Of African Union Commission / Inflation Surges Again, Hits 17.71% Amid Rising Prices / Buhari: We Will Improve Security, Revamp Economy Before Leaving Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.