Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking (35749 Views)

Let Me Ask Again; Is Being “Good Looking” Now A Curse? / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Ustec: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2012
@poster,Guy u re right,dos re all what i face sinz i was a small child till now ,..but all what u stated mostly appens 2 handsome guys not often to beautifull ladies..pendo89 post are what beautiful ladies encountered...my 2go acct is bio4reel,check me out 2 confirm
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Ustec: 9:08am On Aug 06, 2012
@poster,Guy u re right,dos re all what i always encounter sinz i was a small child till now ,..but all what u stated mostly appens 2 handsome guys not often to beautifull ladies..pendo89 post are what beautiful ladies encountered...my 2go acct is bio4reel,check me out 2 confirm
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by DonaldGenes(m): 9:10am On Aug 06, 2012
To
frecocoa

te quiero mucho but havent said that me caes bien

Hmmph! Qurls and their usual intemperate critique flying here n there on baseless issshhhh,i honestly dont think you all should be fiesty abou this whole issue of qood-lookinq or Not-too-qood-lookinq and bla bla bla...everyone is fine 'cos itzls the same God that created us..so stop braqqinq if ua fyn or not......as far as am concern.....
I love yo'all on Nairaland
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by megxo(m): 9:11am On Aug 06, 2012
alienware: exactly ! Goldfish no get hiding place. People who brag are empty barrels, i don't value looks in men dat much all u need is $$. Did u see dat british guy(farrah) who won the 15,000 meters ? Did u see the guy's wife and kid after winning dat competition ? Dem over make sense jare.
guy, ur head dey dia.......... him wyf make brain die
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by DonaldGenes(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2012
Ustec: @poster,Guy u re right,dos re all what i face sinz i was a small child till now ,..but all what u stated mostly appens 2 handsome guys not often to beautifull ladies..pendo89 post are what beautiful ladies encountered...my 2go acct is bio4reel,check me out 2 confirm
must yo braqq about ua qood-looks...just thank God cos He made it so..pls okay...
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by megxo(m): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2012
wen i look around nowadays...i tend 2 see almost errybodi beautiful n handsome.....men, bin lyk SHRIEK is rewy appalling disdays o
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by skybancss(f): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2012
check my signature and u will not go broke again... take or leave it

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by DonaldGenes(m): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2012
megxo: guy, ur head dey dia.......... him wyf make brain die
for real..they were muehhhhh!!
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by bukatyne(f): 9:18am On Aug 06, 2012
disadvantages:
1. people think you have it all.
2. people esp your 'friends' are either envious of you openly and like to see you hurt, secretly wish you bad but pretend or adore you a lot. there are usually no middle grounds
3. people you want to be your friends always want to be something more
4. all your achievements is always attributed to your beauty and as such you need to work harder than an average person to prove your worth
5. people have instant hatred for you.

advantages:
1. people like to help you easily especially when you are very polite and have a winning smile
2. people like you easily especially teachers, students, children etc and you are easily trusted in some areas expect issues of the heart.
3. you make friends easily and you have to work extra hard to keep them
4. after you have proven your worth, people appreciate your accomplishments a lot.
5. you are quickly chosen for leadership positions that doesn't have to do by merit.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Kinterez(m): 9:18am On Aug 06, 2012
Lol...dats possible..u can also get connectd..cos~natyn coms easily..
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by fubbyy(m): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Seeing as people tend to prescind from the downside of being good-looking, I'll make an effort to enumerate or accentuate some ubiquitous disadvantages:

-People expect you to be less talented. Especially in academics.

-You're perceived - by myopic people - as a player.

-You're surrounded by fake people.

-You can't stay covert for long periods, as you're easily recognizable.

-When you give people an inch, they try to take a yard.

-You may cause someone's death or embarrassment. Just ask me how. grin

-You somehow find yourself in the cross-hair of psychos.

-Your self-esteem soars to unhealthy levels.

Add more disadvantages, please.

Who's beautiful and who's not? This question has no answer, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, am a cute guy and I know that, and I always get compliment about it everywhere I go but at the same time some people thinks its because am fair in complexion that's why I get all the attention, therefore they don't see me that attractive

My mum always see rita dominic as a cute girl but 2 me that gal is not in anyway pretty

The girl that won miss unical many years back stole the show because of her natural cat eye but I (not only me) hate cat eyes with passion, it irritates me a lot,

So as you can see what you view as beauty may be otherwise to another, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder for real

Beside this onila of a girl and other beauty self acclaimed peeps here should post there pics let's judge
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by DonaldGenes(m): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2012
Hi everyone..why is it that very few friends on NL have their profile pix on..while some dont...are they others fake or they are shy to do..cos i like makinq friends with real qood friends....just curious yo' know
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by DonaldGenes(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2012
skybancss: check my signature and u will not go broke again... take or leave it
how? Can you be mo lucid
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by alienware(m): 9:25am On Aug 06, 2012
megxo: guy, ur head dey dia.......... him wyf make brain die
hahaha i think say na only me see am oh.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 06, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
You know what they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, what might be goodlooking to someone might be ugly to another. It is more safe not to get gassed about your looks because you don't know what others might think about it. One person might call you "Fine boy" but to another you are just repulsive to look at. undecided

To use repulsive is a big jump. I didnt say one person i said many people.
Not being able to call yourself a fine person after you've been called the same by many because you fear someone might find you repulsive..just doesn't cut it.

E.g People magazine named Beyonce..Most Beautiful woman in 2012..yh and you might not agree with that but you wouldn't say she's 1. Repulsive 2. Ugly 3.'Not good looking' and so on!,
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by PapaBrowne(m): 9:27am On Aug 06, 2012
Disadvantages of being good looking: Expectatiopns, Expectations, Expectations. People expect you'd talk and act in certain ways. You either meet up or your [i]goodlookingness [/i]falls flat on its feet in a second.
Imagine an extremely pretty chic in a croaky voice speaking witha very broken Accent.
Or a good looking guy stuttering in speech and with a body odour.
Now, with average looking person, we assume that comes with the territory hence it would not matter much, but with a good looking person, the pseudo definition sticks faster.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Abujafood: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2012
pendo89:

Onila,

a beautiful heart + a beautiful look = More friends.

Are you saying that you have less friends cz you are beautiful? I don't want to believe that.

This your equation, e get as e be! Whoever said having more friends is a function of having a good heart or looking more beautiful! Check out Merillyn Monroe, with a good heart (for those close to her) and a beautiful screen icon yet she had few friends and more haters!
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by nitlad: 9:33am On Aug 06, 2012
Haha..... Somebody has been reading Samantha Brick's Column in the Daily Mail..... Lol
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Osgilliat(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2012
Leadership theory believes in great man theory which state that leaders with good looking tends to perform well than leaders that are not born with personality trait.it propound that leaders are born with good looking not made.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by DonaldGenes(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2012
skybancss: check my signature and u will not go broke again... take or leave it
went tro ua profile but i see virtually nothng except very few info...sound fake
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 06, 2012
alienware: exactly ! Goldfish no get hiding place. People who brag are empty barrels, i don't value looks in men dat much all u need is $$. Did u see dat british guy(farrah) who won the 15,000 meters ? Did u see the guy's wife and kid after winning dat competition ? Dem over make sense jare.

Are you talking about Mo farah's wife? That woman ain't good looking to me. Sorry.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by emmatok(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2012
bukatyne: disadvantages:
1. people think you have it all.
2. people esp your 'friends' are either envious of you openly and like to see you hurt, secretly wish you bad but pretend or adore you a lot. there are usually no middle grounds
3. people you want to be your friends always want to be something more
4. all your achievements is always attributed to your beauty and as such you need to work harder than an average person to prove your worth
5. people have instant hatred for you.

advantages:
1. people like to help you easily especially when you are very polite and have a winning smile
2. people like you easily especially teachers, students, children etc and you are easily trusted in some areas expect issues of the heart.-disadvantages
3. you make friends easily and you have to work extra hard to keep them-disadvantages
4. after you have proven your worth, people appreciate your accomplishments a lot.
5. you are quickly chosen for leadership positions that doesn't have to do by merit.-disadvantages

More disadvantages than advantages.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by alienware(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2012
Donalð Genes:
went tro ua profile but i see virtually nothng except very few info...sound fake
hahaha ! Fake punk ass
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 06, 2012
Mo'Farah's wife isnt exactly all that! But the niccur isn't bad looking either.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by 4litres: 9:51am On Aug 06, 2012
Dimples 316: Ok I hear you, and am glad to see you didn't take this wrong the way. I was almost afraid your come back/response would be really harsh & insultive.

I don't think or believe that you were once ugly and then turned beautiful. You probably have always been beautiful but didn't realise it for yourself till now. You know; that ugly duckling turns into a swan story is just a fairy tale. But am not in your shoe so I can't say.

Listen everyone has a good & bad side to them, and we have to be willing to accept both sides of people. Easier said than done, I know but we can try. Well I would like to know this fine chic with few friends in the hopes that we can build a sincere friendship if you have no objections. Pls this is not a lesbian thing ooo, am really into guys cheesy

I lov u already, so knowledgable.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pendo89(f): 9:53am On Aug 06, 2012
@ dimples,i like the way u express your thoughts.mature and kind

omosexy1:

Very matured comment. Must be from experience.

Lemmie just say this,

There's what we call vanity.
If you want to enjoy life,live peacefully and long,pay less attention to vanity.Let them be 'added benefit/advantages'working in ur favour.
Concentrate more on building ur inner self, cz that will last a lifetime after age/accidents have taken a toll on your beauty.
People spend more than half their time and money trying to improve the outer person only to discover that you can never beat nature! Anything can happen.
But those who spend time working on the inner man/personality never lose value. Nature doesn't erode their personality.They are attractive because they give us strength to carry on when all fails.

Using Onila as an eg.She needs not to feel discouraged cz people are jealous of her beauty. Ever tried doing good to an enemy? It confuses them.
A smile,a kind warm word,a compliment for others too and ul turn ur enemies into friends.Not necessary anyway.
If anybody is jealous of ur beauty alone, it simply shows how vain and shortsighted they are.If u notice and react to that jealousy, you are also vain and worse.

Is there any disadvantage of being beautiful?
Yes if 'everyone' else in ur environment is 'ugly'so they keep hating on u.
Yes if all they are interested in is your outward beauty.You will only be useful as long as ur beauty lasts.

There's is nothing more beautiful than having a clean heart,sober head,good health and a positive attitude.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2012
Being very beautiful is just like Chess.
PAWN
You have to be as humble and protective as the Pawns- so that the beauty won't get into your head. Having a 'brain' merged with an equally beautiful body is a '+' to your personality. People hardly take beautiful people without a 'brain' seriously.

CASTLE
You have to be as straight forward as the castle-
the castle move
in a straight forward motion, the castle kills any opponent in front of it.
In your own case, setting your goals and archieving it,living a holy life, making good friends, clinging very tight to God, living a life worthy of emulation and dressing in a decent manner- are the only way you can be sure of moving in the right(straight) direction.
KNIGHT
The knight moves in an 'L' shape momentum.
You must make sure not to be like the knight. Living a double life, lying, cheating and womanizing/aristorizing are some of the symptoms of an 'L' shape movement. We call that movement in Nigeria- "mago mago way",
or
''your way no pure"..
But copy the knight only in this- always aim for the king.
BISHOP
The Bishop moves in a diagonal way.the bishop always looks for ways to start an attack and complete it.
Aim for your goals, don't let guys/babes deter you or distract you(because they'll surely come).
Always be shrewd at all times.
QUEEN
The queen can go anywhere.
The strongest and 'i can go anywhere' queen.

Never you try to be like the queen, it's proud, insultive, annoying, always finding ways to trap the king.,killing everybody. Hehe lolz
.but try and copy the queen in this- she's very caring/friendly and protective of her husband and friends.
KING
The king is graceful and powerful.,he's quiet and speaks/acts when necessary, he's caring and understanding- always staying close to the queen. He's full of wisdom.

Always
Emulate him in your everyday activites.
#JustMy20Cedis.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 06, 2012
PapaBrowne: Disadvantages of being good looking: Expectatiopns, Expectations, Expectations. People expect you'd talk and act in certain ways. You either meet up or your [i]goodlookingness [/i]falls flat on its feet in a second.

Gbam!
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Toks2008(m): 9:59am On Aug 06, 2012
Hmmm, how i wish im very handsome maybe i will experience these advantages.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Chanchit: 10:00am On Aug 06, 2012
Its good to look good, but i jst hate it when someone say "I'm beautiful, or I'm handsome" dts for people to say and nt you, people do tell me to my face, it jst makes me feel uneasy, i always act as if i don't knw how i look, cos many peeps that concentrate on their goodlooks ends up useless at the end of the day, cos of their Ego..
Nb: if i should rate myself i'ld give myself 45/100 i fink thats a pass, but people see diffrently, dts y you can't be d judge for ur self, someone might rate you 80%, while u get ur 20% frm someone else, BTW i don't look @ beauty, i look for d IQ...
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pembisco(m): 10:04am On Aug 06, 2012
Am handsome,and i know it!
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ladyspiky: 10:10am On Aug 06, 2012
"favour is deceitful and beauty is vain. But a woman that feareth the Lord,she shall be praised"
Provers 31verse 30

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Daily Pains Of A Single, Rich Guy / Do Guys Ever Regret Hurting The nice Girl? / Should I Have Sold My Virginity For N600,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.