Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking (35739 Views)

Let Me Ask Again; Is Being “Good Looking” Now A Curse? / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
onila:

almost every lady wears make up . .you have 2 look attractive not just because pple are going 2 hate on you
I have 2 look attractive @ all time. .make up not much makes you look attractive. .@ the end good looks matters
Every word i replaced was a euphemism for attractiveness. Seeing as you place so much value on good looks why are you complaining about it?

I hope you can understand this question.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by onila(f): 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
pleep: Every word i replaced was a euphemism for attractiveness. Seeing as you place so much value on good looks why are you complaining about it?

I hope you can understand this question.

theres a down side of being ugly and beautiful. I was just complaining abt the downside

pple tend to be proud or show what they got. .for example, Pleep u are very intelligent and u make use of it very well= some pple hate on you because U are really intelligent. I know pple call you "arrogant" "cocky" etc. I guess U cant make yrself less intelligent than you are but at least you try 2 be humble at timez

I used 2 be ugly in high school-I was very skinny and frail. .no boy ever asked me out, I was 2 insecure to go to parties. No one hated or were jealous of me. I thought my life sucked but I got over it and tried 2 enjoy myself as much as I could. I had nice and many female friends

Now that am pretty-more boys, but less female friends. LIFE IS STILL hard
I just try 2 stick with the few positive friends I got.
I try 2 be beautiful once in a while esp when am off school

I have experienced the both sides on beaing beautiful and ugly. thanks 2 God. I cant even choose whether being pretty or ugly is better undecided
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
Oh well thanks for the compliments, but i think the real reason i have so many haters on here is because i'm needlessly rude. I know i've been that way with you and i'll try to stop wink

Actually my looks also improved near the end of high-school, i think its a good thing. I know as a girl your situation is different, but trust me the benefits outweigh the downsides. Just enjoy it while it lasts, someone could throw acid in your face and it would all be over.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
^lool at the last line.

Erm, pleep, regarding makeup, I believe it's the same way an intelligent person would read and read to gain more.

Even when one is pretty or intelligent, they are never satisfied.

Noone is ever satistied.

Even intelligent people complain about being smart because everyone looks up to them and that is a lot of hard work. Many of them don't have much friends etc.
These are different scenarios but they relate somehow.

To me, usually it's the pretty who.res/ average brains that have 10,000 friends
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
Are u saying it makes sense to complain about being attractive yet still wear make-up?
Even intelligent people complain about being smart because everyone looks up to them and that is a lot of hard work. These are different scenarios but they relate somehow
They certainly do relate. Both sets of people let one thing define them, that is the root of their unhappiness.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
As I have written, one can never be satisfied.

You will complain but still continue to do what you do.

That's life.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
Can you please back your claims??
How would you like me to go about it?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Tolaaaaannni(f): 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
How would you like me to go about it?
Just back your claims. You don't need instructions. simple as ABC.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
udifrancis:

How do we know you're good-looking
Do i have to prove anytin for u to believe me??
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
Geo-man:
Do i have to prove anytin for u to believe me??

You don't. It's the internet. They are not going to give you awards to prove something.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
Just back your claims. You don't need instructions. simple as ABC.
I can't believe this is happening! What do you take me for!! This is beyond crazy!!!
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Geo-man:
Woow [b]tanx for creatin dis thread,[/b]i actually tot i ws the only one trappd in dis mess calld **good looks** .most often i find it very difficult to walk alone in the day time,everybody will be lookin at u as if sumtin is wrong wit u or as if u cloth is torn somewhere on ur bums.pls how can some one deal wit dis mess as its beginning to affect me negatively??
Don't mention it. smiley
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by safarigirl(f): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2012
kandiikane:

Lmaoooooooo

*instant death* abegi, una nor go kill me. Lmaoo!
azzin eh, chic, no be only you dem wan kill, how you dey?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pendo89(f): 10:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
Geo-man:
Woow tanx for creatin dis thread,i actually tot i ws the only one trappd in dis mess calld **good looks** .most often i find it very difficult to walk alone in the day time,everybody will be lookin at u as if sumtin is wrong wit u or as if u cloth is torn somewhere on ur bums.pls how can some one deal wit dis mess as its beginning to affect me negatively??

Oh people please! Everybody loves being beautiful/handsome.Everybody loves compliments too.
I just wonder how stares affect one negatively except they have a weak personality.
If u have all that in terms of beauty but not so sure about urself u will def be affected.That's just my opinion.
But say u feel so confident inside and people stop to admire, it feels honourable doesn't it? don't u ever feel that way?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
kandiikane: As I have written, one can never be satisfied.

You will complain but still continue to do what you do.

That's life.
Um... i think that is the female brain speaking, undecided most men dont really operate like that. If we think attractiveness is a liability we stop combing our hair or stop dressing nice. Simple

We are not going to complain about looking good yet put in all the effort needed to look good, its just not logical.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:08am On Aug 07, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
I can't believe this is happening! What do you take me for!! This is beyond crazy!!!
O_O ok dude calm down, its not that serious.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 07, 2012
kandiikane:

You don't. It's the internet. They are not going to give you awards to prove something.
Exactly my point.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:40am On Aug 07, 2012
pleep: This is a kinda dumb topic, unless you look like a pro model there wont be too many downsides to attractiveness.

If your a dude and your complaining about looking good then you need to get a grip wink
Do you know how it feels to have people overtly tell you how good you look every single day when you're an introvert?

Do female 'frotteurists' rub up on you everywhere you go, albeit discreetly?

Have you ever being asked to pay extra bucks for a good because the retailer thinks good looks = wealth.

Do girls intentionally touch your joystick, apologize, and then repeat the act? grin

Do girls intentionally show you their panties in class against your will? grin
Do beggars target you and shout, "fine boy! fine boy!!"?

Do you get stared at like a TV?
I just had to ask these few questions for clarification.
Don't get me wrong, I love the way I look, but I just don't understand why people - including me - place so much emphasis on physical appearance.

*Forgive me Lord, they made me do it: they made me mouth-off*
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 07, 2012
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 07, 2012
pendo89:

Oh people please! Everybody loves being beautiful/handsome.Everybody loves compliments too.
I just wonder how stares affect one negatively except they have a weak personality.
If u have all that in terms of beauty but not so sure about urself u will def be affected.That's just my opinion.
But say u feel so confident inside and people stop to admire, it feels honourable doesn't it? don't u ever feel that way?

Yeah,u r rite buh sumtimes all u wil need is jst to walk dwn d street unnoticed jst like every other dude in the street which becomes almost impossible cos of ur looks.secondly,it always attracts d wrong set of people to u especially d opposite se.x(bad runs chics,they always like cute guys lol) and sumtimes a little bit of d same se.x(gay.s)
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 12:54am On Aug 07, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
Do you know how it feels to have people overtly tell you how good you look every single day when you're an introvert?

Do female 'frotteurists' rub up on you everywhere you go, albeit discreetly?

Have you ever being asked to pay extra bucks for a good because the retailer thinks good looks = wealth.

Do girls intentionally touch your joystick, apologize, and then repeat the act? grin

Do girls intentionally show you their panties in class against your will? grin

Do you get stared at like a TV?
I just had to ask these few questions for clarification.
Don't get me wrong, I love the way I look, but I just don't understand why people - including me - place so much emphasis on physical appearance.

*Forgive me Lord, they made me do it: they made me mouth-off*
Lol, your not going to get any sympathy from me, i consider myself a fairly attractive dude and i'm also a partial introvert. And i'm not complaining, good looks opens you up to a whole plethora of females who many guys end up paying for. I enjoy it... Of course i'm not at the level where random chicks are grabbing my crotch in public. If that is your situation i can understand why u are upset.

The bolded is the only thing in your list that has happend to me. It happened alot last year, one girl took it a step further grin and it was the only reason i enjoyed that class.

You sound like you have alot of estrogen, that is probably the cause of your introversion. wink Look at things on the bright side, be glad you are not ugly.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:13am On Aug 07, 2012
pleep: Lol, your not going to get any sympathy from me, i consider myself a fairly attractive dude and i'm also a partial introvert. And i'm not complaining, good looks opens you up to a whole plethora of females who many guys end up paying for. I enjoy it. Of course i'm not at the level where random chicks are grabbing my crotch in public. If that is your situation i can understand why u are upset.

The bolded is the only thing in your list that has happend to me. It happened alot last year, one girl took it a step further grin and it was the only reason i enjoyed that class.

You sound like you have alot of estrogen, that is probably the cause of your introversion. wink Look at things on the bright side, be glad you are not ugly.
lol. . .estrogen?! FYI, I may not look the part, but I'm known for my strength and grit. In fact, I'm army-bound. Estrogen?.. lol. .I'm a weirdo, though. wink
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 1:17am On Aug 07, 2012
Is this Nigeria? if so i might know the cause of your problem...
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:22am On Aug 07, 2012
pleep: Is this Nigeria? if so i might know the cause of your problem...
Sure. It's Nigeria. What's the cause?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 1:29am On Aug 07, 2012
Are you 'half-caste' or unusually light skinned for your area? If so this issue may be more complex than just good looks.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:34am On Aug 07, 2012
pleep: Are you 'half-caste' or unusually light skinned for your area? If so this issue may be more complex than just good looks.
Half-caste?! No. I don't have the features of a particular tribe, though. And I'm not unusually light-skinned.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 1:39am On Aug 07, 2012
oh, that would have explained it in Nigeria.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:42am On Aug 07, 2012
^Funny, that.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 8:49am On Aug 07, 2012
pleep: Um... i think that is the female brain speaking, undecided most men dont really operate like that. If we think attractiveness is a liability we stop combing our hair or stop dressing nice. Simple

We are not going to complain about looking good yet put in all the effort needed to look good, its just not logical.

Pleep, was it not a guy that open this thread? Ask him whether it will stop him from brushing his hair.
This has nothing to do with female brain. That's nonsense. This has to do with general human behaviour. People complain but still continue to do what they do.
safarigirl: azzin eh, chic, no be only you dem wan kill, how you dey?

Lol, ah dey oo. How u?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 8:52am On Aug 07, 2012
This thing sef, ahh, the truth has been exaggerated abit. Beggars running up to you saying fine boy, fine boy? Lool

P.s, I have never met anyone who complained about looking good. I understand complaining about the random unpolished guys that come up to you or when you go to a nightclub getting approached here and there but to actually say you wished you weren't good looking.

You guys are lying, jare.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kunletade(m): 9:06am On Aug 07, 2012
I hate it wen peep complimen my beauty cause it tend to get inside my head and it takes another 3 days to get it out
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 9:12am On Aug 07, 2012
Lool!^probably because you don't get it often? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Daily Pains Of A Single, Rich Guy / Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met At A Motor Park 7 Years Ago / Do Guys Ever Regret Hurting The nice Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.