Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,319 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking (35740 Views)

Let Me Ask Again; Is Being “Good Looking” Now A Curse? / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by cfours: 2:21am On Nov 26, 2012
Hmmm beauty is in the eye of the beholder but there are many categories of "good-looking"

For a "cute beauty". The advantage is that both males and females are nice to you and automatically assume that you are a gentle pure heart. THe first word they use to describe you is "innocent" or "cute." You receive lots of smiles from people. The disadvantage is that people assume you are naive or sheltered. Guys can become over-protective and women can demean you and make you feel like a child.

For a "sexy beauty" things will be different, girls may be jealous of you and attack you for no reason. They assume that you want to steal their man. And guys may treat you like a slut or want to be with you for the wrong reasons. but overall, there are benefits and advantages too.You may have to mature faster than other girls because of the way you are treated from a young age for the way your body is shaped. You also will get your choice in men (good and bad)

For a "classic beauty," people may not notice you as they should because other girls wear make-up and dress to look like you. So, since so many do things to look like you, you appear to be a dime a dozen. But when all make up is gone, everyone realize you are the real-deal. But it can be frustrating knowing that you have the perfect face shape, people who look like you grace magazine covers and tv commercials, you are a genevieve nnaji carbon copy, yet you don't get the superstar treatment you feel you deserve. But overall, you are treated above average and you recognize that. This type is more likely to contest in pageants or try to work as a model (if she's tall).

For an "exotic beauty" people tell you all the time that you are beautiful but you don't see it. These beauties tend to be foreigners who most time are not even special among their own people but when they arrive in a new place, all of a sudden, you are treated as a beauty and it is a shock. This beauty is more likely to have lower self confidence. Also the guys who swoon over you tend to be a bit insecure or have "fetish" thoughts. so it can be work to separate the weed from the chaff.

for a "graceful beauty" you are maybe average looking but you are bubbly and smile all the time. There is just that glow about you. It's what people call "inner beauty that shows on the outside" It may take a short while for people to see your beauty but they certainly dd see it. Most guys want to be friends because of your personality and then it doesn't take long before they want to be closer. THis type of beauty is best for sustaining a relationship. It is not superficial.

So it depends on what "good-looking" category you belong in. You can add other categories
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 26, 2012
[quote
author=c.fours]Hmmm beauty is in the eye of the beholder but there are
many categories of "good-looking"

For a "cute" girl. The advantage is that both males and females are nice
to you and automatically assume that you are a gentle pure heart. THe
first word they use to describe you is "innocent" or "cute." You receive
lots of smiles from people. The disadvantage is that people assume you
are naive or sheltered. Guys can become over-protective and women can
demean you and make you feel like a child.

For a "sexy girl" things will be different, girls may be jealous of you
and attack you for no reason. They assume that you want to steal their
man. And guys may treat you like a slut or want to be with you for the
wrong reasons. but overall, there are benefits and advantages too.You
may have to mature faster than other girls because of the way you are
treated from a young age for the way your body is shaped. You also will
get your choice in men (good and bad)

For a "classic beauty," people may not notice you as they should because
other girls wear make-up and dress to look like you. So, since so many
do things to look like you, you appear to be a dime a dozen. But when
all make up is gone, everyone realize you are the real-deal. But it can
be frustrating knowing that you have the perfect face shape, people who
look like you grace magazine covers and tv commercials, you are a
genevieve nnaji carbon copy, yet you don't get the superstar treatment
you feel you deserve. But overall, you are treated above average and you
recognize that. This type is more likely to contest in pageants or try
to work as a model (if she's tall).

For an "exotic beauty" people tell you all the time that you are
beautiful but you don't see it. These beauties tend to be foreigners who
most time are not even special among their own people but when they
arrive in a new place, all of a sudden, you are treated as a beauty and
it is a shock. This beauty is more likely to have lower self confidence.
Also the guys who swoon over you tend to be a bit insecure or have
"fetish" thoughts. so it can be work to separate the weed from the
chaff.

for a "graceful looks" you are maybe average looking but you are bubbly
and smile all the time. It takes a while for people to see your beauty
but they certainly do eventually. Most guys want to be friends because
of your personality and then it doesn't take long before they want to be
closer. THis type of beauty is best for sustaining a relationship. It
is not superficial.

So it depends on what "good-looking" category you belong in. You can add
other categories [/quote] hmm! baba abi na mama done analyze am finish. It's quite true in some ways though.smiley
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 2:36am On Nov 26, 2012
Wow Vanneni absolutely brilliant post so true. My favorite is by far the cute girl.

Of course the exotic is a close second! cheesy
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 2:37am On Nov 26, 2012
ooooh actually that was you c.four. nice one wink
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by cfours: 3:58am On Nov 27, 2012
thanks, but what are you doing on this thread? tongue
Are you also one of those who are suffering for their beauty? rotfl
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 3:59am On Nov 27, 2012
i was gunna ask you the same thing. small world
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by cfours: 4:05am On Nov 27, 2012
hmm ok. you didn't answer my question.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Adeks(m): 4:59am On Nov 27, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
-People expect you to be less talented. Especially in academics.

-You're perceived - by myopic people - as a player.

I disagree wit u on d 1st pt. Bt we'r 2geda on d 2nd pt. I ws 2 hv my IT in an estab some yrs bck & d 1st guy i was supozd 2 be friends wit strted tellin me abt glz in d diff offices coz he said he knw i wld lyk glz coz of my luks & i ws lyk 'WTF'. One adv tho, if u'r free wit ppl & u hv a kind smile, many wil leap 4 joy wen u talk 2 dem
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2012
you keep hearing crap like...you are so beautiful everyday...its annoying and sometimes embarrassing
entering a room and everybody stares..i hate it
nobody ever believes you when you say you dont have a boyfriend
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
yess oo thank god i am goodlooking.babes jus dey pursue me all over 4 my area cool
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
lefulefu: yess oo thank god i am goodlooking.babes jus dey pursue me all over 4 my area cool

Before or after they hear you talk?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
poshdiva:

Before or after they hear you talk?
e be like say u dey trip for me tooo cool
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
lefulefu:
e be like say u dey trip for me tooo cool
whatever happened to my Dog?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Adeks(m): 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
ooouuuchhh!!!
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by adabeke12(f): 1:36am On Feb 20, 2013
pendo89:

The only reason why beauty could work to ur disadvantage is if you allow it to replace your brains.
When you start seeing the world through ur beauty,ul realise that it doesn't work because there is always a more beautiful person than you.
The effects don't last long.
But personality is a treasure that helps you conquer the world

ughhh sometimes it can be a curse! cry cry cry cry
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by YorubaOmoge: 1:37am On Feb 20, 2013
adabeke12:

ughhh sometimes it can be a curse! cry cry cry cry

I've seen you and the girl in your profile aint you, unless weaves get that much power sha
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by YorubaOmoge: 1:37am On Feb 20, 2013
Nice pix btw
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 1:40am On Feb 20, 2013
yea thats fake.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by adabeke12(f): 5:36am On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

I've seen you and the girl in your profile aint you, unless weaves get that much power sha

woow so they follow me like this you haven't seen me until now
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by adabeke12(f): 5:37am On Feb 20, 2013
pleep: yea thats fake.

who you be?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 8:29am On Feb 20, 2013
Je suis pleep! grin but if that is really ur pic i apologise
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by chikeorji123(m): 8:59am On Feb 20, 2013
Dimples 316: Ok I hear you, and am glad to see you didn't take this the wrong way. I was almost afraid your come back/response would be really harsh & insultive.

I don't think or believe that you were once ugly and then turned beautiful. You probably have always been beautiful but didn't realise it for yourself till now. You know; that ugly duckling turns into a swan story is just a fairy tale. But am not in your shoe so I can't say.

Listen everyone has a good & bad side to them, and we have to be willing to accept both sides of people. Easier said than done, I know but we can try. Well I would like to know this fine chic with few friends in the hopes that we can build a sincere friendship if you have no objections. Pls this is not a lesbian thing ooo, am really into guys cheesy

l like ur lines...treading with c-caution.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by mcdreeezy: 4:31am On Jul 30, 2013
I'm goin to bed......
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Passion22(f): 10:07am On Sep 30, 2013
Seriously, there where times when i feel dat i would be btter off being d ugly one in ma circle of friends and ma relations. Cus d attention is too much for me to handle sometimes, it made me become shy, i cant walk pass a group of guys, females hate me, guys want me and ma sister hate me cus her two exes want me. Guys are scared of approching beautiful babes, and if u are intelligent, dats a big prob, cus dey will feel intimidated by u. Since have got d two Bs (beauty and brains) dats a big prob to me.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by chineloSA(f): 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
tpia@:
onila are you in nollywood?
lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Daily Pains Of A Single, Rich Guy / Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met At A Motor Park 7 Years Ago / Do Guys Ever Regret Hurting The nice Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.