Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking (35718 Views)

Let Me Ask Again; Is Being “Good Looking” Now A Curse? / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kunletade(m): 10:05am On Aug 07, 2012
kandiikane: Lool!^probably because you don't get it often? cheesy

i happen to live in a very quiet area in Lekki where i don't get to meet many people but once i am hang out trust they do come aplenty...
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by syndrum(m): 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]s. This had been my major problem, even girls don't trust me..they do think I can't date them all alone without dating someone...one even says to me that even if I don't, ladies will come and do.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
kandiikane: This thing sef, ahh, the truth has been exaggerated abit. Beggars running up to you saying fine boy, fine boy? Lool

P.s, I have never met anyone who complained about looking good. I understand complaining about the random unpolished guys that come up to you or when you go to a nightclub getting approached here and there but to actually say you wished you weren't good looking.

You guys are lying, jare.

I'm not kidding. My big bro gets the same treatment.
I can't speak for others. And I feel the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. In French, les avantages l'emportent de loin sur les inconvénients. I hate French.
Only a lowlife would make up such lies. And I haven't even said anything yet, I've been in more awkward situations. Maybe it's just my luck. I make my own luck.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by estherkuyoro(f): 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
lipsrsealed
ArQueBusieR: Seeing as people tend to prescind from the downside of being good-looking, I'll make an effort to enumerate or accentuate some ubiquitous disadvantages:

-People expect you to be less talented. Especially in academics.

-You're perceived - by myopic people - as a player.

-You're surrounded by fake people.

-You can't stay covert for long periods, as you're easily recognizable.

-When you give people an inch, they try to take a yard.

-You may cause someone's death or embarrassment. Just ask me how. grin

-You somehow find yourself in the cross-hair of psychos.

-Your self-esteem soars to unhealthy levels.

Add more disadvantages, please.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
fubbyy:

Who's beautiful and who's not? This question has no answer, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, am a cute guy and I know that, and I always get compliment about it everywhere I go but at the same time some people thinks its because am fair in complexion that's why I get all the attention, therefore they don't see me that attractive

My mum always see rita dominic as a cute girl but 2 me that gal is not in anyway pretty

The girl that won miss unical many years back stole the show because of her natural cat eye but I (not only me) hate cat eyes with passion, it irritates me a lot,

So as you can see what you view as beauty may be otherwise to another, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder for real

Beside this onila of a girl and other beauty self acclaimed peeps here should post there pics let's judge
Ok. They'll post their "pics" for "you" to judge.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
This has nothing to do with female brain. That's nonsense. This has to do with general human behaviour. People complain but still continue to do what they do.
Kandikanne that is textbook female behavior. Take it or leave it.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
pendo89: No I will add advantages
1. Receive compliments every so often
2. Nobody ignores you when you say Hi
3. You are given a moment to express urself
4. There's a confidence that comes with being beautiful
5. It's easy to talk to anybody regardless of position. Beauty opens the door and knowledge keeps you there
6. It's easy to talk to little kids.I find kids get attracted to beautiful faces.They fear scary ones
7. You get served very fast anywhere you go.Forget the motives.
8. Your challenge is how to sift guys not how to woe them

Having said that,beauty lies in the beholder's eyes. My standard of beauty may not necessarily be yours.

Nice write up buh this thread waz for disadvantages

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
pedestal82: I agree there is a downside to being good looking. Back in
Pharmacy skool, a female course mate, men this babe was beautiful,
Front and back in the right proportion, coupld with a very beautiful face.
During night jacking in year one I pity her, U see guys queeing
Up to chat her up. One sitting in the nxt seat waiting for the other
Guy to stand up. Men that was when I knew she could not survive,
Pharmacy skool! True to my word she was sent packing! Definitly, not
All rosy for the Beauties!
And u were jst eyein her frm a corner,u didnt chyk her and never tried to direct or advice her. Wat if that waz suppose to be my pharmacist wife...lol..jst kiddin. D truth is dat beautiful girls hv less number of female and more number male friends . Reason: they become jealous and feel she wil compete wit them for their boyfriends. Then fine dudes,usually hv many female and male friends. However,wat matters most is d persons character,financial status(present world's mentality) and BRAIN
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
Donalð Genes:
hahhahaahahhahahahahhahaa* you are not serious oooooo
was even qlancinq tro your pro pix but didnt see none
Do you know that in english language,two negatives cancel each other?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pendo89(f): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
centje:
centje:

I couldnt find any.But lemmie try then.

1. You are in a hurry to get somewhere and a random person stops to say 'hi your r beautiful,I love your legs' Now the only inconvinience I see is to stop say THANK YOU and proceed.I go walking feeling like am on top of the world. grin It's not a disadvantage rather a compliment.

2. You are talking to somebody and you can clearly see there eyes are roaming and admiring. Makes you feel like you are talking to yourself.You almost smell lust and desire burning in them yet you are talking serious stuff.
What to do? disrupt the stare by talking something nasty and spoiling the mood.It's funny cz I always end up laughing so hard since it was a deliberate move but the person may not even notice.

3. Mhhh what else? That of people thinking you are a dunderhead, happens when you open your mouth to speak.
Thing is, know what to talk about,how to talk and with who. Choose subject to suit the audience and you will realise they will listen more than admire.
Not the other way round.

Problem with all these 'beautiful and mistaken people' is that beauty gets into their heads such that whenever they walk, they feel as though the whole world is watching.They become so conscious of sorroundings and worried about themselves.
They walk 'expecting a word'. good or bad. If it fails to come they sulk,if it come they cry trouble.Just live life!

I tire oh

Have an open and positive attitude when compliments come ur way.You will be glad they do.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pazienza(m): 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
All these ladies and guys claiming to be good lookin,isn't it time you guys let us be the judge? Oya make una post una pix, sharp sharp. grin
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by tpia5: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
All these ladies and guys claiming to be good lookin,isn't it time you guys let us be the judge?

on point.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by tpia5: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
@ topic

spiritual issues most times, from what i've seen and heard.Not speaking from personal experience o- i have none in this aspect.

besides, in parts of nigeria, being too fine is considered a bad thing.

possibly because if you look oyiboish, maybe an oyibo or arab/tuareg played an away match somewhere along the line, and vamoosed?

just guessing.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
pleep: Kandikanne that is textbook female behavior. Take it or leave it.

And I say that is nonsense take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by safarigirl(f): 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2012
kandiikane: This thing sef, ahh, the truth has been exaggerated abit. Beggars running up to you saying fine boy, fine boy? Lool

P.s, I have never met anyone who complained about looking good. I understand complaining about the random unpolished guys that come up to you or when you go to a nightclub getting approached here and there but to actually say you wished you weren't good looking.

You guys are lying, jare.

preach sistah! The way some peeps are making being good-looking seem like some kinda life sentence with hard labour is beyond me. If you think being good looking is a curse try life on the other side, where nobody wants to get to know you better at first sight, where snide remarks and mocking laughter are components of just another day in your life, you do not get toasted and if you're a guy, woe betide the day you walk up to a girl to chat her up, for you shall receive the embarrassment of your life (especially if you don't look like you're worth a million dollars). Those dudes complaining bout being too handsome need to let their self esteem meet up with their looks, some even sound suicidal on top sey dem too fine, ha! Na wa o. If Jim Iyke, Ramsey Noah, Mike Ezeuronye, Orlando Bloom, C. Ronaldo, Christian Bale et al have not died on top all their fine boy, why will you be the first? Abi fine boys never dey before dem born you? Btw, @kandii, i dey ok, especially because people don't stalk or harass me by the road, unlike what some people are facing.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2012
Abi oo. Infact, they should be thanking God every morning for blessing them with good looks. There is a very thin line between pretty and ugly and people are more likely to be born ugly than pretty.

Thank your stars wella and stop complaining.

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by PhysicsQED(m): 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
It's pretty easy. I wouldn't say there are many real disadvantages. The only thing is that sometimes interactions with women (of almost any age) become awkward unless the woman is bold and upfront about what she wants or unless she's happily married and has no problem with telling you that you're handsome as a general compliment because she's not trying to flirt. When a shyer single woman lets slip that look/stare that makes it obvious she's attracted to you, she starts acting a bit nervous and awkward toward you afterward. That can make it hard to have a real conversation. Besides that, there's nothing disadvantageous about it.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by foleyx: 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
make the most of your beauty while it lasts, so that when you hit 40 you won't be a bitter old thing.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2012
tpia@:
@ topic

spiritual issues most times, from what i've seen and heard.Not speaking from personal experience o- i have none in this aspect.

besides, in parts of nigeria, being too fine is considered a bad thing.

possibly because if you look oyiboish, maybe an oyibo or arab/tuareg played an away match somewhere along the line, and vamoosed?

just guessing.
This thread is not about the ArQueBusieR alone. WTH is away match?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Marven: 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
If beauty is in he eyes of beholder then good-looking is a relative term, not what you really think. What is good-looking?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by tpia5: 12:15am On Aug 08, 2012
safarigirl: preach sistah! The way some peeps are making being good-looking seem like some kinda life sentence with hard labour is beyond me. If you think being good looking is a curse try life on the other side, where nobody wants to get to know you better at first sight, where snide remarks and mocking laughter are components of just another day in your life, you do not get toasted and if you're a guy, woe betide the day you walk up to a girl to chat her up, for you shall receive the embarrassment of your life (especially if you don't look like you're worth a million dollars).

are you dreaming?

the ugliest guys usually get the most beautiful women, so you need to check your facts.

and ugly women generally tend to have less problems getting married and even in life in general, compared to the general average for drop dead beauties.

overly handsome guys also tend to not be taken seriously by either sex because there's a perception they're mostly fops.

pretty boy is not a compliment, which may surprise you.

not trying to knock anybody, but your post is so ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 6:07am On Aug 08, 2012
^ I don't know about all that...

But yea like i said earlier, this thread is dumb. You guys must be living in an area were attractive people are extreamly uncommon. Were i am at there are good looking ppl everywhere, no one is making a big deal out of it and no one is complaining.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Mygoldie(f): 6:09am On Aug 08, 2012
pendo89: No I will add advantages
1. Receive compliments every so often
2. Nobody ignores you when you say Hi
3. You are given a moment to express urself
4. There's a confidence that comes with being beautiful
5. It's easy to talk to anybody regardless of position. Beauty opens the door and knowledge keeps you there
6. It's easy to talk to little kids.I find kids get attracted to beautiful faces.They fear scary ones
7. You get served very fast anywhere you go.Forget the motives.
8. Your challenge is how to sift guys not how to woe them

Having said that,beauty lies in the beholder's eyes. My standard of beauty may not necessarily be yours.

Gbammest!!!

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pleep(m): 6:11am On Aug 08, 2012
thats an odd one.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Mbuko91(m): 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
I'm not kidding. My big bro gets the same treatment.
I can't speak for others. And I feel the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. In French, les avantages l'emportent de loin sur les inconvénients. I hate French.
Only a lowlife would make up such lies. And I haven't even said anything yet, I've been in more awkward situations. Maybe it's just my luck. I make my own luck.
mon Dieu! Tu parle français? Je ne connais pas.c'est bien...s'il te plait,est-ce que tu habite au Nigeria? Oú aux etats d'unis....je parle bien mais pas tres bien....je suis etudiant français dans une lycée au Nigeria....et toi?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by chic2pimp(m): 12:55am On Oct 24, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Seeing as people tend to prescind from the downside of being good-looking, I'll make an effort to enumerate or accentuate some ubiquitous disadvantages:

-You're perceived - by myopic people - as a player.

-Your self-esteem soars to unhealthy levels.

Spot On.

Case in point Moi,Yours Truly.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by tpia5: 5:45am On Oct 24, 2012
so, how can good looking people stop offending others by their looks?

good looking men especially might have a problem if they're not the flirty type and dont know what to do about all the girls flocking around them.

sometimes you just have to be a grinch, i suppose.

or just religious.

i'm referring to sober people who happen to be good looking, not the bling blinging ones.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 5:54am On Oct 24, 2012
Tipia, are you a goodlooking man?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by tpia5: 6:23am On Oct 24, 2012
rin si waju.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 7:12am On Oct 24, 2012
tpia@:
rin si waju.

I'll be back.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 26, 2012
pleep: thats an odd one.
I've observed it's quite true that little children are more attracted to beautiful faces.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met At A Motor Park 7 Years Ago / Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? / Do Guys Ever Regret Hurting The nice Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.