Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking (35748 Views)

Let Me Ask Again; Is Being “Good Looking” Now A Curse? / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pendo89(f): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2012
And correction people.

IT IS OKAY TO CALL YOURSELF BEAUTIFUL/HANDSOME.

I know that God made all things beautiful in his sight.It's infact a sin to regard one'self as ugly cz it's an insult to your creator.

Thing is ' Don't let beautiful looks take the place of ur heart or brains. Let it stay outside where it belongs.

That way you will not suffer the disadvantages we are talking about.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by freecocoa(f): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2012
Donalð Genes: To
frecocoa

te quiero mucho but havent said that me caes bien

No me gusta?really? But tu me amas? undecided
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 06, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Seeing as people tend to prescind from the downside of being good-looking, I'll make an effort to enumerate or accentuate some ubiquitous disadvantages:

-You're perceived - by myopic people - as a player.

-You can't stay covert for long periods, as you're easily recognizable.

-Your self-esteem soars to unhealthy levels.

Add more disadvantages, please.
Those are the ones that apply to me the most. I really don't care though, if I had the choice, I will be like this again in another life! The ''Upsides'' are waaaay more than the downsides grin grin
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by safarigirl(f): 10:17am On Aug 06, 2012
Being good-looking people will perceive you, as one or more of the following: dumb, snobby, vain, cheap, materialistic, arrogant. Only good is, like pendo mentioned, it's easier to get stuff from the opposite sex, and people will still want to know you better. Let's just say, good-looks get you the attention, but what matters most is neither good looks nor even intelligence, an infectious personality gets you EVERYWHERE

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by sexyval(f): 10:17am On Aug 06, 2012
Ur lecturers and H.O.D won't let u be !
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 06, 2012
sexyval: Ur lecturers and H.O.D won't let u be !

And this is a problem because..??
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Tbase2: 10:28am On Aug 06, 2012
Okay this goodlooking or badlooking thing his one that as cause me so many issues in my life onila said she was once not that good looking i believe her cause am a victim my self for me one day am so good looking that girls cant get thier off me the next day am just ordinary both biegn good looking or bad looking comes with thier up and downs that's why i so believe in moderation everything about your looks must be taking with moderation
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Azidogen2: 10:46am On Aug 06, 2012
being good looking has very little disadvantage. back in the days of my secondary school, i never had much going around well for me, however during my undergraduate days till now as a seminarian things are well for me now because i am now dashingly handsome. now i do not need to impress any girl to become attracted to me. my face does it all. even right now my looks has just bagged me a very beautiful babe. who says looking good has a demerit. wink wink
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by traeces(m): 11:16am On Aug 06, 2012
@ pendo89, Just from ur opinions here, I know you're beautiful-almost as beautiful as my wife. Stay beautiful ok?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by deathmen12: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2012
Emmy9ite(m)
1. Girls fight for me too much

2. They think i am a cheat,cos i look like Ronaldo.

3. Guys think i am a gay.

4. The attention i get is too much,even on nairaland,thz girls keep flocking!

Eyaa. Nor be ur forth enjoy urself o...................
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Antivirus92(m): 11:22am On Aug 06, 2012
EVERYBODY HERE EXCEPT ME SUCKS!
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Orikinla(m): 11:26am On Aug 06, 2012
pendo89: No I will add advantages
1. Receive compliments every so often
2. Nobody ignores you when you say Hi
3. You are given a moment to express urself
4. There's a confidence that comes with being beautiful
5. It's easy to talk to anybody regardless of position. Beauty opens the door and knowledge keeps you there
6. It's easy to talk to little kids.I find kids get attracted to beautiful faces.They fear scary ones
7. You get served very fast anywhere you go.Forget the motives.
8. Your challenge is how to sift guys not how to woe them

Having said that,beauty lies in the beholder's eyes. My standard of beauty may not necessarily be yours.

Two thumbs up.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by alienware(m): 11:36am On Aug 06, 2012
safarigirl: Being good-looking people will perceive you, as one or more of the following: dumb, snobby, vain, cheap, materialistic, arrogant. Only good is, like pendo mentioned, it's easier to get stuff from the opposite sex, and people will still want to know you better. Let's just say, good-looks get you the attention, but what matters most is neither good looks nor even intelligence, an infectious personality gets you EVERYWHERE
babe u fine oh ! See ur eye like fish own, i mean u have smokey eye like dat of angelina jolie, see ur kpòmò lips, see ur skin like porceclain ! U try oh . Holla me na .
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by CLIQBOY(m): 11:37am On Aug 06, 2012
but na d advantage good pass
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Emmy9ite(m): 11:37am On Aug 06, 2012
deathmen12: Emmy9ite(m)
1. Girls fight for me too much

4. The attention i get is too much,even on nairaland,thz girls keep flocking!

Eyaa. Nor be ur forth enjoy urself o...................

cool Thanks man,is ur sister available??
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by s3xyboi(m): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
@Op, i tend to agree more with you. Esp on the second point..don't know why people come to that conclusion. IMHO, both being goodlooking or ugly all have their bad sides. But what i hate right now about myself is the attention i'm getting from my boss. Her husband stays in the UK and casts flirty glances at me and lavishes "undue" favoritism in my workplace. I've made alot of enemies right now at work esp my with some of my male collegues. I'm currently lookin for another job as i can't take it anymore sad
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ijebabe: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
Emmy9ite: 1. Girls fight for me too much

4. The attention i get is too much,even on nairaland,thz girls keep flocking! cheesy
Advertisement o! See as dem mumu gyels follow dey like d post sef undecidedtongue
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
onila:

i have 2 accept the way my life iz.

I try as much as possible to stay around positive people, family or pple who really love me. smiley

when I was less attractive back in high school{i was skinny and frail) I had more girlfriends compared 2 now

now I just have few friends, its hard but I have to try embarassed

Aww, I am now your friend. *hugs* I understand. tongue
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
alienware: babe u fine oh ! See ur eye like fish own, i mean u have smokey eye like dat of angelina jolie, see ur kpòmò lips, see ur skin like porceclain ! U try oh . Holla me na .

Lmaoooooooo

*instant death* abegi, una nor go kill me. Lmaoo!
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by dammytex: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
Well, to me the advantages are more when you look good than the disadvantages.

If you are well mannered enough, you'll enjoy a lot of benefits from your good looks. And if you happen to be funny again, may God help you.

But a few disadvantages would be;

People instantly thinking you'd be a player.
They almost won't expect you to be brilliant, intelligent or smart.
A good number of ladies wouldn't like to date you because of avoidance of continual competition.
I wonder why it's very convenient for people to easily liken fine boys to gays.
If you fail at anything, then the say; "his good-looks is getting into his head".

If I have the chance, I'd always come back into this world looking better every time. The smiles you get all the time are just wonderful (**winks***)
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2012
I say in the end all you have to do is be humble about how you look. Even if you know your beauty, you should always be humble.

Always remember that there are other pretty people you will come across in life.

This is why we get pretty people who feel intimidated when they see another pretty person.

Once you know your beauty and you are humble about it, noone can ever intimidate you.

... The disadvantages of a pretty girl far outweighs that of a guy.

Girls dey hate bad, den go even try scar your face with any chance dem get.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
doyindav:

To use repulsive is a big jump. I didnt say one person i said many people.
Not being able to call yourself a fine person after you've been called the same by many because you fear someone might find you repulsive..just doesn't cut it.

E.g People magazine named Beyonce..Most Beautiful woman in 2012..yh and you might not agree with that but you wouldn't say she's 1. Repulsive 2. Ugly 3.'Not good looking' and so on!,

Like i said, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Ok then let me put it this way, so that you don't get confused again. Some people might call you "fine boy", and when others see you they might not find you attractive at all. I.E- Back in nigeria you were most handsome boy in the city, but in abroad you are as ugly as a gorilla to them.Everyone has a different perspective of what being good-looking is, that is why its not so smart to call your self that in public because others might not share your view.
P.S- Not everyone thinks celebs are really that good looking, just because some people think so doesn't mean everyone think so. Just because some big shot magazine rank a couple of famous people as the "world most beautiful people" doesn't really make them that. In my opinion my next door neighbor is the most sexiest boy in the world, but that's what i think, others might not share that same view. (I actually have a friend that doesn't think beyonce is attractive at all, but to each its own right? undecided.)
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
ladyspiky: "favour is deceitful and beauty is vain. But a woman that feareth the Lord,she shall be praised"
Provers 31verse 30
Not inline with this topic.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
Tolanni, I disagree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder to some extent.

If a woman or a man is pretty you cannot deny it. Many will try and hate but we all can see with our own eyes.

I.E, my babe tonto, people dey yarn dust dey call her ugly but they all know deep down she isn't. They use her personality as an excuse to call her ugly.

Now, chika ike is someone we can say the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ijebabe: 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
My people abeg let us wave the flag for Ugly. All these beautiful people dey vex me angry

Ugly people are appreciated for their personality - With no distraction people actually listen to then when they speak.
Ugly people are funnier - Their motto is if you can’t laugh at yourself, then you’re obviously not looking in the mirror.
Ugly is cheap and easy - Guys, wowo gyels are low maintenance!! All of you crying why do women use weave, make up, this that, this is ur chance
Ugly people are more successful - Trust me you don't need me to provide proof
Ugly people are the majority
Ugly is inevitable - Everyone claiming beauty now should live it up cos it aint forever!
Whoever you date or marry actually cares about you grin
Girls best friends - But no punny for you tho sad

Please supply more advantages grin

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
you people are so narcissistic , and that's unattractive ...smh
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
kandiikane: Tolanni, I disagree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder to some extent.

If a woman or a man is pretty you cannot deny it. Many will try and hate but we all can see with our own eyes.

I.E, my babe tonto, people dey yarn dust dey call her ugly but they all know deep down she isn't. They use her personality as an excuse to call her ugly.

Now, chika ike is someone we can say the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
See now we have to agree to disagree smiley (Oh and using tonto dikeh was a wrong move, because that girl isn't pretty at all to me, just because she is light skin doesn't make her pretty) like i said, the most handsome guy in mushin lagos isn't going to be handsome to some people in america because people have different perspective of what beauty is, just like i have my opinion that tonto dikeh isn't pretty at all, others might think she is most prettiest person they have ever seen.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Seeing as people tend to prescind from the downside of being good-looking, I'll make an effort to enumerate or accentuate some ubiquitous disadvantages:

-People expect you to be less talented. Especially in academics.

-You're perceived - by myopic people - as a player.

-You're surrounded by fake people.

-You can't stay covert for long periods, as you're easily recognizable.

-When you give people an inch, they try to take a yard.

-You may cause someone's death or embarrassment. Just ask me how. grin

-You somehow find yourself in the cross-hair of psychos.

-Your self-esteem soars to unhealthy levels.

Add more disadvantages, please.
Woow tanx for creatin dis thread,i actually tot i ws the only one trappd in dis mess calld **good looks** .most often i find it very difficult to walk alone in the day time,everybody will be lookin at u as if sumtin is wrong wit u or as if u cloth is torn somewhere on ur bums.pls how can some one deal wit dis mess as its beginning to affect me negatively??
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
ijebabe:
Ugly people are appreciated for their personality - With no distraction people actually listen to then when they speak.
Ugly people are funnier - Their motto is if you can’t laugh at yourself, then you’re obviously not looking in the mirror.
Ugly is cheap and easy - Guys, wowo gyels are low maintenance!! All of you crying why do women use weave, make up, this that, this is ur chance
Ugly people are more successful - Trust me you don't need me to provide proof
Ugly people are the majority
Ugly is inevitable - Everyone claiming beauty now should live it up cos it aint forever!
Whoever you date or marry actually cares about you grin
Very true.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by kandiikane(m): 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
This is what is wrong with african women. Where did I mentioned lightskin in my post? Abegi, stop this rubbish. You nor see the fine-ness of the babe? You nor dee the babes eyes and lips? Abegi, anyone who calls her ugly should post their pictures.

Mtchew! Anyone who calls tonto ugly has a dirty heart which probably shows on the face. Yes, na me tok am. Una bite me.

Noone can be the prettiest. It's just something that is impossible.

Someone will see tonto pretty but find genevieve prettier, another person could say the opposite. That can be said to be beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

No one is denying any of the beauty.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
Geo-man:
Woow tanx for creatin dis thread,[b]i actually tot i ws the only one trappd in dis mess calld **good looks** .[/b]most often i find it very difficult to walk alone in the day time,everybody will be lookin at u as if sumtin is wrong wit u or as if u cloth is torn somewhere on ur bums.pls how can some one deal wit dis mess as its beginning to affect me negatively??

How do we know you're good-looking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Daily Pains Of A Single, Rich Guy / Do Guys Ever Regret Hurting The nice Girl? / Should I Have Sold My Virginity For N600,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.