Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,815 members, 7,956,081 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare (11245 Views)

'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by Demdem(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2012
alaoeri: Don't know why ppl are reasoning like this, isn't it obvious that GEJ administration needs help?

Of cos he does need help. but how can u help someone that surrounds himself with criminals? we can only speak out and that we are doing

We don't even need any Bakare to tell us.

Of cos we dont however he is free to view out his opinion in whatever way like u and I remembering of cos that he is a Nigerian also

One thing am sure of God won't come down or send an angel to change our affairs for us, ωε gonna change it by ourselves.

True talk. Not only prayers but action is needed by the people. Those talking about prayer alone are simply dumb.
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by Demdem(m): 9:59am On Aug 13, 2012
Is Bakare the reason why this is so? cool cool

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by manmade(m): 9:59am On Aug 13, 2012
Tunde Bakare is suffering from inferiority complex, i can now understand what is calld "the bitterness of a looser".
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by Demdem(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2012
onatisi:

you are too low or small for me to argue with .so i wont even stoop so low to exchange insults with you.i have passed that stage and age that i will casting insults on nl.well i believe u are still in that level and age and with time u will outgrow it.so just keep thinking about all i have said .

The normal lines from empty brains. it has always been used. My friend u have no point, give it a rest. cool cool
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by stillme(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2012
Truth hurts. Pastor Bakare is so on point. Haters should keep barking.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by canuck(m): 10:02am On Aug 13, 2012

Absent political rhetorics and affiliations, this is what I've just read -

Sermon Topic: Personal Insecurity/Inferiority Can Abort Your Destiny Part II

Sermon Type: Expository Topical Synthetic Anecdotal

Anecdote: Nigerian political climate (What the audience talks about, especially on NL)

Principal Characters: We wish Nigeria Gooodluck because de waya wey dey ground so needs Patience

Punchlines: Ever so recent developments in Naija

Conclusion: A dovetail to personal lives; a call to action to challenge insecurity in personal and civic lives.

Read your Bibles (if you're a Christian), Jesus constantly held up the practices of rulers and leaders of His days (Pharisees, Saducees and Scribes) as examples of how not to behave. "Do not be like the Pharisees. . ." and ". . .unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven" were attention-grabbing sentences He started with.

Not sure what the excitement is all about.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 13, 2012
The best thing for Tunde Bakare to do is get a nomination from his Party to contest again GEJ in 2015, if he wins GEJ, so be it, then he can commence radical development of Nigeria with his "wealth of experience". Losing an election would not be this painful if the interest of Nigerians was his priority. Indeed, it would have been Nigerians lamenting that their Candidate lost the election. The way Tunde Bakare is lamenting shows that he contested election for himself alone. He cries every sunday on pulpit instead of preaching salvation, sinfulness and repentance which are the core ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus. He has lost all the respect majority of us had for him. Its such a shame to other pastors.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by Koikoi(m): 10:07am On Aug 13, 2012
Tunde Bakare has completely lost his pastoral calling. He's as dirty as any other Nigerian politician. Does he even know when he's being ignored? The Pastor needs a leash!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by Babaji111(m): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2012
Pastor Bakare's statements have sense. But I prefer our elders to form a group and visit ASO ROCK to enlighten our president and advise him well on how to role this great country. We are indeed messing ourselves to the eyes of the world by abusing ourselves; calling ouselves dirty names? Where are we heading to?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by canuck(m): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2012
Billyonaire: The best thing for Tunde Bakare to do is get a nomination from his Party to contest again GEJ in 2015, if he wins GEJ, so be it, then he can commence radical development of Nigeria with his "wealth of experience". Losing an election would not be this painful if the interest of Nigerians was his priority. Indeed, it would have been Nigerians lamenting that their Candidate lost the election. The way Tunde Bakare is lamenting shows that he contested election for himself alone. He cries every sunday on pulpit instead of preaching salvation, sinfulness and repentance which are the core ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus. He has lost all the respect majority of us had for him. Its such a shame to other pastors.

May be you're right. But then, may be not. We can only guess Bakare's intentions for contesting.

But what is patently clear is that Oga GEJ needs help, and he isn't getting it from the population of advisers and staff he has assembled.

Is Presido seeking help? For sure. Otherwise, Dasuki and Okupe (both IBB boys) will not be walking the corridors of Aso Rock.

GEJ needs genuine help from genuine advisers, who are ready to walk-away if he ignores sound advise.

Right now, na "Chop-I-Chop" dem dey do o.

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by aribisala0(m): 10:12am On Aug 13, 2012
He cautioned that “empty hat and head will not transform the country.” grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by BennyXL(m): 10:12am On Aug 13, 2012
GEJ needs help actually, especially from his wife. You can take a gurl out of the village buh you cant take the village out of the gurl wink
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by superior1: 10:13am On Aug 13, 2012
Pastor Tunde Bakare
By SaharaReporters, New York
Pastor Tunde Bakare, one of the fiercest critics of the Goodluck Jonathan administration, today continued his talk about the syndrome of personal insecurity/inferiority that afflicts the First Couple, adding that President Goodluck Jonathan should call for help.

In the latest installment of his political commentary from the pulpit, Mr. Bakare described Mrs. Patience Jonathan as seeking “aggressive compensation.” He ascribed the First Lady’s pursuit as arising from a sense of insecurity or inferiority that makes her wish to be
everywhere and also to lock down all positions for herself.

Titled “Personal Insecurity/Inferiority Can Abort Your Destiny Part II,” today’s sermon by the activist pastor focused on a general note, deviating from his habit of naming names. However, Mr. Bakare’s accustomed idiosyncrasy seemed to get the better of him when he quoted a Yoruba adage and then related its translated meaning to Mrs. Jonathan.

“You’ve been crowned a king and you’re still making voodoo to become great. What else do you want to become?” queried the pastor. He then stated that it made little sense that Mrs. Jonathan sought to be appointed a permanent secretary in Bayelsa State, ascribing her drive to insecurity. He added that “envy runs deep in the veins of the insecure.”

The talk elaborated on the attributes and signs manifested in an insecure person. Among these, said Pastor Bakare, was an insecure person’s readiness to harm others to secure a position. He added that the heart of an insecure person makes him seek to “create God” in his own image and not the other way round, adding that such a person believes that God can no longer adequately protect him in his new status. Mr. Bakare also asserted that an insecure person cannot stand others outperforming him.

Pastor Bakare said another attribute of an insecure person was “pretending to be who he is not,” adding that a dog cannot pretend to be a lion without his pretense being noticed by all. “[The insecure] think they can fake it to make it, but they remain fake,” he said. He chastised that “The nation is crumbling and you are pretending.” Then, in a hardly disguised reference to Mr. Jonathan, he said, “You cannot be who you are not. Call for help.”

Pastor Bakare admonished the congregation, “Do not entrust power in the hands of the insecure.” In a talk filled with biblical references, Mr. Bakare recalled, “I remember when President Jonathan became president [after the death of President Yar’Adua]. He said ‘I shall continue from where my mentor stopped’. Now he is asked to declare his asset (like his mentor) but he said, ‘That was then, and this is now. I don’t give a damn!”

In a censorious tone, Mr. Bakare stated, “That man had an agenda but you put it aside, and you dress up every day with gold in your pocket and hat on your head.” He cautioned that “empty hat and head will not transform the country.”

Listing other attributes of an insecure/inferior person, Mr. Bakare said they included “false humility,” a desire to control other humans, with those who appear difficult to control declared enemies, and the perception by insecure people that any favor done to them is a gesture to obtain something.

Mr. Bakare asked the congregation to pray against insecurity/inferiority, then listed “I, me, mine and myself” as the four cardinal points of an insecure person.

Agba ofifo (empty head) and empty hat cant transform this Country. Bakare on point grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by ifihearam: 10:14am On Aug 13, 2012
Koikoi: Tunde Bakare has completely lost his pastoral calling. He's as dirty as any other Nigerian politician. Does he even know when he's being ignored? The Pastor needs a leash!

You are so on point!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by Demdem(m): 10:14am On Aug 13, 2012
Babaji111: Pastor Bakare's statements have sense. But I prefer our elders to form a group and visit ASO ROCK to enlighten our president and advise him well on how to role this great country. We are indeed messing ourselves to the eyes of the world by abusing ourselves; calling ouselves dirty names? Where are we heading to?

Bro, that cant work again. Bakare tried it and he as bribed with $50,000 from Aso-Rock from the Retardeen as transport fare
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by xpensivethony: 10:14am On Aug 13, 2012
Theben: This bakare of a person is obviously seeking unwarranted attention if this story is true. Until it is confirmed by another source, let's just keep our fingers crossed.
as for me i blame the congregation for sitting down every sunday to listen to this trash,TUNDE BAKARE is a disapointment to christianity....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by Demdem(m): 10:16am On Aug 13, 2012
superior1:

Agba ofifo (empty head) and empty hat cant transform this Country. Bakare on point grin grin grin grin

Chai, i missed that vital point. Empty head and hats cant transform this country. so so so so true
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by ifihearam: 10:16am On Aug 13, 2012
Demdem:

Bro, that cant work again. Bakare tried it and he as bribed with $50,000 from Aso-Rock from the Retardeen as transport fare

What do you mean by bribed,if it were birbe as you or bakare claimed would it be open,and mind you with was a delegation led by bakare that was given that toke as an honorarium and not necessarily a bribe and try to use another word becos that retardeen word is becoming so boring.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by superior1: 10:19am On Aug 13, 2012
Billyonaire: The best thing for Tunde Bakare to do is get a nomination from his Party to contest again GEJ in 2015, if he wins GEJ, so be it, then he can commence radical development of Nigeria with his "wealth of experience". Losing an election would not be this painful if the interest of Nigerians was his priority. Indeed, it would have been Nigerians lamenting that their Candidate lost the election. The way Tunde Bakare is lamenting shows that he contested election for himself alone. He cries every sunday on pulpit instead of preaching salvation, sinfulness and repentance which are the core ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus. He has lost all the respect majority of us had for him. Its such a shame to other pastors.

Sharap!!! if he is a Pastor does that make him Non-Nigerian ?. Lets call a spade for what it is. Jonathan needs help (maybe psychiatry sha) undecided
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by ifihearam: 10:20am On Aug 13, 2012

Even if bakare gets the ticket as his party's candidate,on the election day,even his own congregation will vote for GEJ. Goodluck will beat bakare a flawless victory anyday anytime even within his family circle(bakare).

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by sheyma: 10:20am On Aug 13, 2012
onatisi:
you bakare followers continue abusing gej on nl and on all social media we christians will continue to pray for our leaders that God should lead them right,we fasted and prayed t(all xtiansa)during abacha time and God heard our prayers ,he died without a single bullet been fired.we have started on boko haram too and God has started answering our prayer ,we will pray for the army,police ,jtf and all other agencies that God should give them victory of boko haram,we dont need to be shouting every sunday abusing anyone WE KNOW THE GOD WE SERVE.you continue with ur insults and nl ,facebook and others.ur pastor has never come out openly to condemm the group of bh ,why becos his boss and .master is a well know supporter of the group.infact there is nothing to argue about on this matter.

Guy u funny o, r u claimin God took abachas life 2ru ur prayers nd fasting, den he gave us obasanjo dat ruled us 4 8yrs in hardship den brought to us yar-adua to d present slow jonathan, and u still want us to pray and fast again for who next.....
Abeg o God wouldn't remove a bad man and put a monster dere 4 us. #justma opinion
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by seedord247(m): 10:21am On Aug 13, 2012
I remember when i was young. Our landlord and his frnd used to abuse fela, saying, what kind of authority does it have to be insulting the govt. E.g obasanjo.

2 years after fela death, this same man was the one saying fela, is a prophet that, all what he said comes thru and nigerians are scared to fight for their right all bcus obasanjo regime affected this man negativey.

So many of you support GEJ for now just bcus u are somehow benefiting from him one way or the other. Tunde Bakare is saying the but ut will take a cretin 10 years for him/her to understand.
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by Demdem(m): 10:21am On Aug 13, 2012
ifihearam:

What do you mean by bribed,if it were birbe as you or bakare claimed would it be open,and mind you with was a delegation led by bakare that was given that toke as an honorarium and not necessarily a bribe and try to use another word becos that retardeen word is becoming so boring.

Question: was Bakare delegation handed $50,000 as transport fare after their visit to Ao-Rock?

Answer that and spare me ur trash. let Un-bias NLs form their opinion afterwards. U think say we all be mumu. Na naija we all dey oooo grin grin u call it honorarium grin grin what professional service did Bakare and his group rendered for the retardeen to deserve such. na wa for these spins ooooo haba.
If u are bored of the RETARDEEN abegii go commit suicide, cant help ur predicament. cool
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by ifihearam: 10:22am On Aug 13, 2012
superior1:

Sharap!!! if he is a Pastor does that make him Non-Nigerian. Lets call a spade for what it is. Jonathan needs help (maybe psychiatry sha) undecided

How did you manage to escape from yaba left,perhaps you have taken over dose of your drugs today again,oya back to where u ran out from.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by peckhamboi: 10:23am On Aug 13, 2012
Christians in the North have asked President Goodluck Jonathan to resign over his comment on Boko Haram.

“Jonathan has failed us Christians, he has failed Nigerians and he should resign because by this statement, it is very clear that he is not capable of handling the danger pose by the Boko Haram insurgency.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-should-resign-northern-can/
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by manmade(m): 10:24am On Aug 13, 2012
Demdem:

Once again, the Pastor has spoken the truth. I challenge u sycophants to challenge him word for word.
There is no need for anybody to waste his time in chanllenging unrepentant fool like Bakare,can't u see that all of the xterics he described aboved is pointing 2 nobody but himself.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by canuck(m): 10:24am On Aug 13, 2012
Demdem: Is Bakare the reason why this is so? cool cool

If the people who trooped out in spite of the elements (both environmental and human) to vote for Oga GEJ now turn around to curse him, it means he has let them down.

He needs help. . .Pronto!

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2012
canuck:

May be you're right. But then, may be not. We can only guess Bakare's intentions for contesting.
But what is patently clear is that Oga GEJ needs help, and he isn't getting it from the population of advisers and staff he has assembled.Is Presido seeking help? For sure. Otherwise, Dasuki and Okupe (both IBB boys) will not be walking the corridors of Aso Rock.GEJ needs genuine help from genuine advisers, who are ready to walk-away if he ignores sound advise.
Right now, na "Chop-I-Chop" dem dey do o.
In times of National Crisis, the elite class of any nation put aside personal sentiments and aims to tackle Priority National Issues. Same can not be said for Nigerian elites, who are jobless and look up to Abuja for national cake, and will continue their political debacle in the face of crisis. You say GEJ needs help. Help to do what ? Lets not keep digressing from threads in our wanton resolve to express our imbalance views on alternate issues. Stick to Bakare and his pulpit-cum-podium display of election-loss syndrome by Bakare. Why is it so difficult for a pastor to acknowledge the biblical fact that states that "No man can become king except God says so". The era of using the mindless adoption of the activism of Desmond Tutu to cover a selfish pursuit is in the coffin. Tunde Bakare can not even buckle the sandals of a Nationalist like Desmond Tutu. He should borrow a leaf from Louis Farrakhan, and be a voice of construction and not destruction.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by onatisi(m): 10:25am On Aug 13, 2012
noone is contesting the fact that u can criticise govt policies,but when criticism turn personal there is more to it.two sundays ago he said that nigerians should not vote for ppl who come from poor bckground like patience nd gej now pls tell me is that a solution to the problem or personal vendetta?if u read the post very well the message centered mainly on gej and his wife and very little on the nigerian problem talk less of the solutions.we have men of God who are talking but none has gone so low in dignity and prestige as to be insulting the president poor background.i think what bakare is bitter about is gej has achieved exactly what he bakare will never achive in his life time
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by ifihearam: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2012
Demdem:

Question: was Bakare delegation handed $50,000 as transport fare after their visit to Ao-Rock?

Answer that and spare me ur trash. let Un-bias NLs form their opinion afterwards. U think say we all be mumu. Na naija we all dey oooo grin grin
If u are bored of the RETARDEEN abegii go commit suicide, cant help ur predicament. cool

What is wrong in giving a delegation who came to see the president honorarium Sometimes I wonder at ur public display of immaturity,its a sign of appreciation and goodwill so what is phucking wrong with it??

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by Demdem(m): 10:26am On Aug 13, 2012
peckhamboi: Christians in the North have asked President Goodluck Jonathan to resign over his comment on Boko Haram.

“Jonathan has failed us Christians, he has failed Nigerians and he should resign because by this statement, it is very clear that he is not capable of handling the danger pose by the Boko Haram insurgency.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-should-resign-northern-can/

Even xtians experiencing these firsthand knows that we have an incompetent leader. The reatrdeen needs to wake up or get sacked
Re: Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare by superior1: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2012
@ifihearam

Go and ask your pop how he managed to give birth to idiopathic parkinson afflicted mind like yours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari Dead Or Alive? IB Times UK / Bello Vs EFCC: North Central Progressive Voice Meets Ibrahim Babangida In Minna / Edit Your Neco, Waec, Nabteb, Utme, Post Utme And Etc Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.