Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Akatas On Nairaland - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akatas On Nairaland (40273 Views)

Are Black Africans (Nigerians) And Africans In America (Akatas) Really Different / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
ezotik:

grin condescending? nope. it is something i have observed about u african-american negroes... u try as much as possible to claim anything outside roots in west africa where ur ancestors were shipped-out originated from. nothing to snap ur fingers at my face and shake ur head for.

and for u to think to u were called oyibo becos if ur skin tone, means u are ignorant about nigerians. and besides, u are not that light, u look like the average calabar housegirls wey full benin. no offense to calabar housegirls though. they know how please the nuts of oga when madam nor dey house..something u african-americans girls have also perfected..haha

Look here fuccktard... I never said that I was called oyibo because of my complexion. I said I have been referred to as "albino" by some Africans because I happen to be lighter than those particular ones doing the name calling. If you gon come up in here accusing people of saying sh1t. GET IT RIGHT! Don't half a55 on the quotes. See, it's ni66as like you who like to start sh1t and cause a divide. Get somewhere and satcho a55 down chile.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

that is a very useless post. Hausa, Igbo, Mande and Fulani are completely different ethnic groups. if we intermarry, our tribes will die out because unlike muslims who have always sought to destroy tribal structure, we are tribespeople and only blood matters to us, not the paternity.

how does that make us any different from the akata if we all start assimilating each other. we will be left with a shell of a cultue, while the real people will be long dead. no way Fula. being a part of a Tribe entails you to social responsibiliteis towards your people. you carry your fulani tag around with pride only becuase your parents did their duty. if you cannot do this basic duty, then stop calling yourself Fulani and just be African or as the akata say, black. angry

See, you keep wanting to refer to us as "akata"... You'd be damnnnnn pissed if we called you a jungle monkey or something... It's not cool dude.

3 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

that is a very useless post. Hausa, Igbo, Mande and Fulani are completely different ethnic groups. if we intermarry, our tribes will die out because unlike muslims who have always sought to destroy tribal structure, we are tribespeople and only blood matters to us, not the paternity.

how does that make us any different from the akata if we all start assimilating each other. we will be left with a shell of a cultue, while the real people will be long dead. no way Fula. being a part of a Tribe entails you to social responsibiliteis towards your people. you carry your fulani tag around with pride only becuase your parents did their duty. if you cannot do this basic duty, then stop calling yourself Fulani and just be African or as the akata say, black. angry

LOL then for you then my friend, you can only marry Hausa. They may be different ethnic groups, but they are intermarrying and still at least speaking African "languages". The Fulani who married Mande became known as the Wassulu (Oumou Sangare), they speak both Fulfulde (Fulani) and the Mande language of Bambara/Bamakan. Sadly the Fulani who married the Hausa only speak Hausa lol. For me as long as my Fulani customs are kept (which is possible really if I marry an African woman who would understand then I am happy). Americans on the other hand would try to turn the child into a Eurocentric/Anti-African individual filling the child with Western lies and rubbish. That is what I want to avoid at all costs. A Hausa marrying a Songhai, or a Fulani marrying a Songhai doesn't make the child any less of the two ethnic groups (unless if we are talking about some parts of Nigeria). Often (look at Afel Bocoum for example) the child fully understands both ethnic groups and their languages.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

When it comes to Africa, tribal marriages are steadly low especially among Nigerians and in Africa the rule is who ever the father is, is what the children become. That is the order of the day in Nigeria. It is in the western world where that rule goes out the window.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 10:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
anonymous6:

Most of the ones I have bumped into already made up their minds what they want to think of Africa, and when I get a negativity at the same time from them, why should I put the effort or even bother to be honest.

Sorry but most Americans regardless of race are ignorant about what goes on outside america, I wasnt but when you bump into enough you make your own opinions about them.

Too bad you attracted the bleeped up ones.....

They say the birds of the same feathers flocks together.....oops!
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 10:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
anonymous6:

When it comes to Africa, tribal marriages are steadly low especially among Nigerians and in Africa the rule is who ever the father is that is what the children become. That is the order of the day in Nigeria. It is in the western world where that rule goes out the window

That is true. My father is half naija and half american, and in his eyes he is Nigerian.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

That is true. My father is half naija and half american, and in his eyes he is Nigerian.

So then you are 1/4 Naija then
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Too bad you attracted the bleeped up ones.....

They say the birds of the same feathers flocks together.....oops!

Whatever, I didnt just attract the messed up ones or good ones, it just happen I met who I met. I dont go around disrespecting people so whatever you are trying to imply keep it to yourself; I already told naijaircan earlier I have met good and bad ones. Dont insult me, I dont know you and you dont know me.

It is not obligatory that you respond to me

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

Yes siree smiley
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

LOL then for you then my friend, you can only marry Hausa. They may be different ethnic groups, but they are intermarrying and still at least speaking African "languages". The Fulani who married Mande became known as the Wassulu (Oumou Sangare), they speak both Fulfulde (Fulani) and the Mande language of Bambara/Bamakan. Sadly the Fulani who married the Hausa only speak Hausa lol. For me as long as my Fulani customs are kept (which is possible really if I marry an African woman who would understand then I am happy). Americans on the other hand would try to turn the child into a Eurocentric/Anti-African individual filling the child with Western lies and rubbish. That is what I want to avoid at all costs. A Hausa marrying a Songhai, or a Fulani marrying a Songhai doesn't make the child any less of the two ethnic groups (unless if we are talking about some parts of Nigeria). Often (look at Afel Bocoum for example) the child fully understands both ethnic groups and their languages.

YOU SEE WHAT I AM TAKING BOUT?? WHY I AM "AGAINST" ISLAM AND "CHRISTINAITY" they hae been trying to assimilate and kill our tribal culturses (and as a result, religions) for centuries just as they did in the americas and europe and many parts of Arabia. the wassulu were formed as a consequece of the islamic Fulani jihad. by mixing with ethnic bambara and mande (only of the wassulu region), they formed this new hybrid group. they are not a trib. they are just a half-bed group recently created due to external influences and religion. they are not a tribe. no way. they are like mulattos and mestizo of south america.

so tomorrow if an american marriesa Fulani and they have a kid wo marries another american and have a kid. this kid takes part in the gerhewol, adds his own feature and in the end kills everything. no way. no more cultural massacre. either you are 100 % tribal or nothing. angry
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

What tribe is his nigerian side from
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
anonymous6:

When it comes to Africa, tribal marriages are steadly low especially among Nigerians and in Africa the rule is who ever the father is, is what the children become. That is the order of the day in Nigeria. It is in the western world where that rule goes out the window.

it is YOU who is creating this order. not among the rest.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
anonymous6:

What tribe is his nigerian side from

He's Yoruba.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

yeah 1/4 th, then 1/8th. then 1/16th and finally 1/32 nd. this is what happene to the Native Americans. today most of their tribal lands have been stolen by whites with these small percetages of Native blood and the "real" NAtives are wallowing in poverty. i know their condition because i have Cree friends. smh no way am gonna let this happen in our 9Ja.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by ezotik: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

Look here fuccktard... I never said that I was called oyibo because of my complexion. I said I have been referred to as "albino" by some Africans because I happen to be lighter than those particular ones doing the name calling. If you gon come up in here accusing people of saying sh1t. GET IT RIGHT! Don't half a55 on the quotes. See, it's ni66as like you who like to start sh1t and cause a divide. Get somewhere and satcho a55 down chile.

lol..i am seated.

u said u were called albino and oyibo by mostly nigerians and nigerians found surprising because u are not that light to be called such. so u were probably called such becos of ur behaviour. and how did u respond?

naijarican: I've also seen many Africans who are my complexion or even lighter, they just happen to be more northern African..

isnt that placing urself where ur ancestors were not shipped out didnt originate from? i know u are seated also, so go lie down somewhere.. northern african my yansh.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

it is YOU who is creating this order. not among the rest.

No, Pagan this is a common rule among Nigerians, even though tribal marriqges are not really encouraged. If I am not mistaken you mentioned how their have been intertribal marriages among africans in the ancient times once in another thread awhile ago

I am nit encouraging or discouraging it but when intertribal marriages happen, it is said that the kids claim the fathers tribe even though it becoming different now since the mothers culture is what rules in the end of the day with that rule now a days compared to the ancient world in africa but in the western world that rule is irrelevant, and is becoming that a little now in Africa.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by ezotik: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

He's Yoruba.

oh so, u are half-nigerian sef... so ur father is a yoruba north african? hahahahahahaha
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

YOU SEE WHAT I AM TAKING BOUT?? WHY I AM "AGAINST" ISLAM AND "CHRISTINAITY" they hae been trying to assimilate and kill our tribal culturses (and as a result, religions) for centuries just as they did in the americas and europe and many parts of Arabia. the wassulu were formed as a consequece of the islamic Fulani jihad. by mixing with ethnic bambara and mande (only of the wassulu region), they formed this new hybrid group. they are not a trib. they are just a half-bed group recently created due to external influences and religion. they are not a tribe. no way. they are like mulattos and mestizo of south america.

so tomorrow if an american marriesa Fulani and they have a kid wo marries another american and have a kid. this kid takes part in the gerhewol, adds his own feature and in the end kills everything. no way. no more cultural massacre. either you are 100 % tribal or nothing. angry

ROFLLL that won't happen because Nigerian and American who have a kid together are often more American than anything. The kid will completely disregard his Fulani roots, because his mother would want him to be a westernized Tim or Harry.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
anonymous6:

No, Pagan this is a common rule among Nigerians, even though tribal marriqges are not really encouraged. If I am not mistaken you mentioned how their have been intertribal marriages among africans in the ancient times once in another thread awhile ago

no way. i am Nigerian and tribesman. are you teaching me!! 95 % of Naija marry their own tribes (the pure ones). and you go too far. i can never say that. show me a quote from my archive.

i might have referred to isolated cases of blood dilution and predominance of the stronger blood which migh have occurred with larger ethnic groups to which the tribes belonged. E.g., between 2 Nilotic or 2 Bantu Tribes but as a general rule it is banned.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 10:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yeah 1/4 th, then 1/8th. then 1/16th and finally 1/32 nd. this is what happene to the Native Americans. today most of their tribal lands have been stolen by whites with these small percetages of Native blood and the "real" NAtives are wallowing in poverty. i know their condition because i have Cree friends. smh no way am gonna let this happen in our 9Ja.

It won't, because Nigerians are intermarrying themselves, although there are Nigerian men and women who are marrying non-Africans. Since Nigerian women love money so much a lot of them pursue rich men, and since Nigerian men can't help but womanize abroad (sorry I have to be fair), you see a lot of Nigerians marrying non-Africans.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 10:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
ezotik:

lol..im am seated.

u said u were called albino and oyibo by mostly nigerians and nigerians found surprising because u are not that light to be called such. so u were probably called such becos of ur behaviour. and how did u respond?

isnt that placing urself where ur ancestors were not shipped out didnt orginate from? i know u are seated also, so go lie somewhere.. northern african my yansh.

Glad you're sitting down, now stay seated fool. You know damn well by African standards I'm considered light skinned. You even know that by Black American standards I'm considered light skinned. It is what is is... If it makes you feel better to think that I'm dark, go ahead... truth be told, light or dark, I'm proud to be a black woman. Miss me with ya bullsh1t... loser. *curtsy*
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

ROFLLL that won't happen because Nigerian and American who have a kid together are often more American than anything. The kid will completely disregard his Fulani roots, because his mother would want him to be a westernized Tim or Harry.

sorry that is asumption, just go to an Indian reservation and you will know how serious the issue is. even the tribal dancers in the POW-WOW are ALL whites especially in the Cherokee one i saw.

and look at that white jallowblah woman. she herself wants to transform into Fulani, forget her kid.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

no way. i am Nigerian and tribesman. are you teaching me!! 95 % of Naija marry their own tribes (the pure ones). and you go too far. i can never say that. show me a quote from my archive.

i might have referred to isolated cases of blood dilution and predominance of the stronger blood which migh have occurred with larger ethnic groups to which the tribes belonged. E.g., between 2 Nilotic or 2 Bantu Tribes but as a general rule it is banned.

Intertribal marriage is not encouraged and majority of Nigerians marry their own tribe and it will always be like that but when intertribal marriage does happen there are some silent rules

To be honest I cant remember which quote or thread you said this, it was awhile ago but I know you mention something about it in the ancient time of Africa
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

I would actually like to see statistics of Nigerians who continue to marry within their ethnic group. I think it is less than 95% these days, maybe 90% now.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

It won't, because Nigerians are intermarrying themselves, although there are Nigerian men and women who are marrying non-Africans. Since Nigerian women love money so much a lot of them pursue rich men, and since Nigerian men can't help but womanize abroad (sorry I have to be fair), you see a lot of Nigerians marrying non-Africans.

as a result of which reforms and Tribal laws are necessary and i am working on it. as a result f tht you have people like me, and Pagan 9Ja;s running amok. let me dare to remind you Fula, that we are not living in a perfect world and we are living in a hell-hole. .
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

sorry that is asumption, just go to an Indian reservation and you will know how serious the issue is. even the tribal dancers in the POW-WOW are ALL whites especially in the Cherokee one i saw.

and look at that white jallowblah woman. she herself wants to transform into Fulani, forget her kid.

The same way that there are some Africans trying to transform themselves into British and French and try to talk like them?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
ezotik:

oh so, u are half-nigerian sef... so ur father is a yoruba north african? hahahahahahaha

LMAO!!! Comprehension isn't your best suit... I'm gon leave you alone because it's evident that you have an extra chromosome. Youuu stooooooopid

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

I would actually like to see statistics of Nigerians who continue to marry within their ethnic group. I think it is less than 95% these days, maybe 90% now.

Tribal refoms and Laws. a new Pagan world Order. i am working on it.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

The same way that there are some Africans trying to transform themselves into British and French and try to talk like them?

we are talking about the welfare of our own people, not of that of the half-bred whites.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

He's Yoruba.

Oh good, Im Yoruba 100%

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

as a result of which reforms and Tribal laws are necessary and i am working on it. as a result f tht you have people like me, and Pagan 9Ja;s running amok. let me dare to remind you Fula, that we are not living in a perfect world and we are living in a hell-hole. .

I'm aware that the world is transforming more into a world I personally don't like, but what am I going to do about it? For one I want Africans to unite and be themselves instead of trying to copy Westerners so much. I feel that Eurocentricity is taking over the world "oh my kid must have straight hair and slimmer nose", "oh I don't want to be with that darkie of a man" Some Americans talk like this sha. I have even seen some East African women (Ethiopian women and Eritrean) who would rather go with a white person over a West African because they want their kids looking more white than black.

So yes, we live in a Brainwashed world/society. I think sooner or later everyone is going to have a tannish/brown complexion and the extremely dark people or extremely light people (black and white) will no longer exist. I don't care much for this, what I don't want is the disappearance of indigenous cultures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34)

Emir Sanusi Visits His Mother With His Mercedes Benz 220S Cabriolet (Photos) / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Resumes Duty As Police Officer Officially (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.