Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Akatas On Nairaland - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akatas On Nairaland (40269 Views)

Are Black Africans (Nigerians) And Africans In America (Akatas) Really Different / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:26am On Aug 14, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I been whooping arses all night and day huh Royal? grin grin grin grin grin

Ooh wee, you is so cray cray!!! LMAO. Go girl!
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:30am On Aug 14, 2012
Fulaman198:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2-V5SjRuw&

undecided The women in that video are no where near high yella, they are more brown.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:34am On Aug 14, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yeah 1/4 th, then 1/8th. then 1/16th and finally 1/32 nd. this is what happene to the Native Americans. today most of their tribal lands have been stolen by whites with these small percetages of Native blood and the "real" NAtives are wallowing in poverty. i know their condition because i have Cree friends. smh no way am gonna let this happen in our 9Ja.

This is inevitable. You can try to prevent it all you want, but at the rate things are going, you kids kids will be washed of their blackness. You can't stop it.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:36am On Aug 14, 2012
anonymous6:

Oh good, Im Yoruba 100%

What matters most is that we're all 100% human.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 1:38am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

[b]Who are you to say who this board is made for? This is the world wide web, and people are free to come and go on this board as they please whether you like it or not. Why wouldn't you go to an AA board? On the boards I frequent, you would be more than welcomed to join in the conversation. You exclude yourself, we don't exclude you. Matter of fact, I am throwing out an invitation to you to go to the boards I frequent. The links are in my siggy. The most popular one in "My Urban Hangout". The folks there would welcome you with virtual open arms. [/b]

this is nairaland made for Nigerians
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 1:40am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

This is inevitable. You can try to prevent it all you want, but at the rate things are going, you kids kids will be washed of their blackness. You can't stop it.

In Nigeria it's a black african nation how will his children's children blackness go.....he is talking about 9ja not America

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:41am On Aug 14, 2012
Fulaman198:

Although these days, black American women are also marrying non-black guys too lol

HeII, they are marrying white guys because the black guys are so engulfed with self hate they'd rather be with a honkey instead of there own. AA women are like "screw this", if they can do it we can to. Can't say I blame them... I just can't get with no tubab, they smell like wet dogs. And speaking of dogs, they keep such animals in the house and will let them nasty creatures sleep in the same bed and eat off the same plate with them. Ain't no way in hell I could settle for one of them. I'd much rather be alone.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:41am On Aug 14, 2012
i used to browse blackvoices.com, years ago.

is it still up?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:42am On Aug 14, 2012
suyu:

this is nairaland made for Nigerians

It's geared toward Nigerians, but everyone has access... Sorry you don't like that, but whatever. No harm no foul on my end.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:44am On Aug 14, 2012
tpia!:
i used to browse blackvoices.com, years ago.

is it still up?

Blackvoices has been gone for quite some time now. Most everyone from blackvoices go to "My Urban Hangout" now. Were you the Nigerian Dr that used to post there?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:45am On Aug 14, 2012
suyu:

In Nigeria it's a black african nation how will his children's children blackness go.....he is talking about 9ja not America

I can only hope that some blackness can be maintained, but dear there is an undeniable amount of mixing going on, so at the rate it seems to be going it seems everyone's gonna be beige.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 1:49am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

I can only hope that some blackness can be maintained, but dear there is an undeniable amount of mixing going on, so at the rate it seems to be going it seems everyone's gonna be beige.

yes in America prepare for beige people.............not in 9ja

nonsence

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

Blackvoices has been gone for quite some time now. Most everyone from blackvoices go to "My Urban Hangout" now. Were you the Nigerian Dr that used to post there?

no- i think there were quite a few nigerians on the site.

i noticed some years back, when i checked there one last time, that the place was very difficult to navigate.

i think things started going downhill after one huge fight when almost the entire forum cursed out nigerians on a particular thread. The whole thing snowballed beyond control and was quite bizarre.

dont know if the forum started going downhill from there actually, or if things had already started winding up before then.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by ezotik: 1:51am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

yes, but nothing can be compared to.....

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 14, 2012
oh, they removed the messageboard:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackvoices.com
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 1:53am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

Yeah which is obvious, we all know we are human but I am proud to be Yoruba to though
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:55am On Aug 14, 2012
tpia!:

no- i think there were quite a few nigerians on the site.

i noticed some years back, when i checked there one last time, that the place was very difficult to navigate.

i think things started going downhill after one huge fight when almost the entire forum cursed out nigerians on a particular thread. The whole thing snowballed beyond control and was quite bizarre.

dont know if the forum started going downhill from there actually, or if things had already started winding up before then.

Hmmmm, I don't remember a thread like that, but I don't doubt what you say. You know that most of the old BV clan loved drama, but My Urban Hangout is different. We have a girl over there who is Eritrean, and she goes by the the screen name Eri-soul, and she is one of the fam. You should come through for a visit, and if you like it, settle in and get comfy. The reason I asked if you were the Dr, is there used to be a Nigerian guy on BV whose posts were so enlightening to me, but I thought for sure he said he was a DR.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:58am On Aug 14, 2012
anonymous6:

Yeah which is obvious, we all know we are human but I am proud to be Yoruba to though

Ain't nothing wrong with being proud of who you are... He!! I'm proud to be an AMERICAN through and through, but what it all boils down to is that when cut we bleed the same, when hurt we cry the same, when happy we smile the same. We're HUMAN first.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 2:02am On Aug 14, 2012
ezotik:

yes, but nothing can be compared to.....

Well, I'm proud of that RED, WHITE, and BLUE... American all day everyday. But I couldn't be all of that if I were not human. Just like you.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 2:02am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

Ain't nothing wrong with being proud of who you are... He!! I'm proud to be an AMERICAN through and through, but what it all boils down to is that when cut we bleed the same, when hurt we cry the same, when happy we smile the same. We're HUMAN first.

yeah we are Human but humans are not treated equally in this world amongst one another but i get what you are saying
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 2:05am On Aug 14, 2012
suyu:

yes in America prepare for beige people.............not in 9ja

nonsence

You're a bit condescending. But ummmm anyway, I'm not going to let your hateful attitude effect my mood. As long as African Immigrants keep coming to America, they may be some hope of maintained blackness.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 2:08am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

You're a bit condescending. But ummmm anyway, I'm not going to let your hateful attitude effect my mood. As long as African Immigrants keep coming to America, they may be some hope of maintained blackness.

I'm not talking about America.............it is inevitable there that they turn beige......not concerned about how blackness is kept in the AA group

I was talking about Nigeria
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 2:08am On Aug 14, 2012
anonymous6:

yeah we are Human but humans are not treated equally in this world amongst one another but i get what you are saying

It is unfortunate that not all humans are treated equally in this world, but maybe you and I can start with each other and let the positivity spread... It's can be contagious.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 2:10am On Aug 14, 2012
suyu:

I'm not talking about America.............it is inevitable there that they turn beige

I was talking about Nigeria

It's invevitable that many Nigerians will become beige as well. It may not be as predominant as it is in the US, but there will be beige folks running up and through Naija whether you like it or not. I'm not sayn EVERYONE, but there will be some white washed negroes in West Africa.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 2:12am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

It is unfortunate that not all humans are treated equally in this world, but maybe you and I can start with each other and let the positivity spread... It's can be contagious.

True

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:12am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

shut up you akata! you are no one to decide the fate of my tribe & my country's affairs. angry

4 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 2:13am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

It's invevitable that many Nigerians will become beige as well. It may not be as predominant as it is in the US, but there will be beige folks running up and through Naija whether you like it or not. I'm not sayn EVERYONE, but there will be some white washed negroes in West Africa.

Not in Nigeria...........maybe albino's but not.......white something you call it

whats is happening in America is not high light of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 2:14am On Aug 14, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

shut up you akata! you are no one to decide the fate of my country's affairs. angry

Ooohhhhh, I'm so skurred of you big black Nigerian man LOL! How exactly are you going to make me shut up? *drums fingers and waits*
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 2:15am On Aug 14, 2012
suyu:

Not in nigeria

Yes in Nigeria... LOL
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 2:16am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

Yes in Nigeria... LOL

No it is not........stop peddling lies

3 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:19am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

Hmmmm, I don't remember a thread like that, but I don't doubt what you say. You know that most of the old BV clan loved drama, but My Urban Hangout is different. We have a girl over there who is Eritrean, and she goes by the the screen name Eri-soul, and she is one of the fam. You should come through for a visit, and if you like it, settle in and get comfy. The reason I asked if you were the Dr, is there used to be a Nigerian guy on BV whose posts were so enlightening to me, but I thought for sure he said he was a DR.

i just checked it out, and it's much quieter than black voices.

nice layout though.

i'll try to sign up after i browse it further, to get a feel of the place.

there were some nigerians on BV- the nigerian dr was one of them no doubt. He was probably born or raised in the US, because the few nigerians i was aware of there, seemed quite comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 2:20am On Aug 14, 2012
suyu:

No it is not........stop peddling lies

I'm not peddling lies. Why are you so evil and angry? Did some mean Ameweekan hurt your feelings, or is it that you and Pagan just need to get laid? Stop being so mean. Smile... don't worry you'll still wake up Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34)

Emir Sanusi Visits His Mother With His Mercedes Benz 220S Cabriolet (Photos) / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Resumes Duty As Police Officer Officially (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.