Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,749 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Akatas On Nairaland - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akatas On Nairaland (40274 Views)

Are Black Africans (Nigerians) And Africans In America (Akatas) Really Different / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

we are talking about the welfare of our own people, not of that of the half-bred whites.

Well the Africans I'm talking about are the ones who go abroad and try to act as American, British or French as possible
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

So yes, we live in a Brainwashed world/society. I think sooner or later everyone is going to have a tannish/brown complexion and the extremely dark people or extremely light people (black and white) will no longer exist. I don't care much for this, what I don't want is the disappearance of indigenous cultures.

Ingenious cultures will always exist at least in Africa and Asia because these regions are not multiracial/multicultural like America is. Black africans will always exist and we will see more brown people(mixed) however mostly in the western world but white populations No because their populations are decreasing and thy are having less kids. while Black populations are increasing in the caribbean and Africa. I feel most brown people as you said will be in brazil or south America for example

Why do you think the populations growing in the world are in Asia and africa while it is the reverse in Europe
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

Well the Africans I'm talking about are the ones who go abroad and try to act as American, British or French as possible

Your conversation is interesting... Because I see a similarity in what goes on here in the states. You have Americans of African Descent both male and female (mostly men though) wanting to marry or procreate with anything but a black person. A krakka could look like a rebirth of the yeti but as long as they're white, these American negroes will be all up in it. Damn shame.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by ezotik: 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

Glad you're sitting down, now stay seated fool. You know damn well by African standards I'm considered light skinned. You even know that by Black American standards I'm considered light skinned. It is what is is... If it makes you feel better to think that I'm dark, go ahead... truth be told, light or dark, I'm proud to be a black woman. Miss me with ya bullsh1t... loser. *curtsy*

haha... so who gives a shiit if u are considered a darkbutt or not? as long as the poosie is clean and tight and u know how to lay down the pipe with perfection, thats what matters.

btw, i didnt even know u are nigerian with a black-american mother, if not i would not have bothered arguing with a fellow nigerian prolly called temitope about her roots. so temi, na later e go be... bye!
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
ezotik:

haha... so who gives a shiit if u are considered a darkbutt or not? as long as the poosie is clean and tight and u know how to lay down the pipe with perfection, thats what matters.

btw, i didnt even know u are nigerian with a black-american mother, if not i would not have bothered arguing with a fellow nigerian prolly called temitope about her roots. so temi, na later e go be... bye!

First of all, my mama is black, but she is Puerto Rican. 2ndly, I'm not color struck so dark or light it don't matter to me because at the end of the day I'm BLACK!!!

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

Your conversation is interesting... Because I see a similarity in what goes on here in the states. You have Americans of African Descent both male and female (mostly men though) wanting to marry or procreate with anything but a black person. A krakka could look like a rebirth of the yeti but as long as they're white, these American negroes will be all up in it. Damn shame.

It's mainly the Ethiopians and Eritreans (women) who are like that. Nigerian women marry white guys for money. The man could look like their grandpa and the Nigerian girl could be in her mid 20s but would marry the guy solely for the money.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

I'm aware that the world is transforming more into a world I personally don't like, but what am I going to do about it? For one I want Africans to unite and be themselves instead of trying to copy Westerners so much. I feel that Eurocentricity is taking over the world "oh my kid must have straight hair and slimmer nose", "oh I don't want to be with that darkie of a man" Some Americans talk like this sha. I have even seen some East African women (Ethiopian women and Eritrean) who would rather go with a white person over a West African because they want their kids looking more white than black.

So yes, we live in a Brainwashed world/society. I think sooner or later everyone is going to have a tannish/brown complexion and the extremely dark people or extremely light people (black and white) will no longer exist. I don't care much for this, what I don't want is the disappearance of indigenous cultures.

then if you dont want the disappearance of indigenous cultures, be it here in Africa or in he jungles of Borneo and Sumatra, it is time yo change your views and realise that we Tribals are fighting to survvive. man will only progress if he learns from past-mistakes. we dont want to go the same way as the europen tribals of old and the native americans. no we dont have to if we dont want to. . angry
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
Pagan 9ja I will give you an example

Say for example I married Anonymous today, I'm pretty sure if we had kids, the kids would respect both the Fulani and Yoruba culture, because we are both Nigerian (like the Fulayoruba of Illorin). However her or my parents may not approve of such a marriage, but in the end the kids would recognize they are Nigerian (I actually kind of think the more intermarrying for Nigeria the better because then we will have less ethnic hatred towards one another).
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
anonymous6:

Ingenious cultures will always exist at least in Africa and Asia because these regions are not multiracial/multicultural like America is. Black africans will always exist and we will see more brown people(mixed) however mostly in the western world but white populations No because their populations are decreasing and thy are having less kids. while Black populations are increasing in the caribbean and Africa. I feel most brown people as you said will be in brazil or south America for example

Why do you think the populations growing in the world are in Asia and africa while it is the reverse in Europe

it is time you stop being rascist based on colour. these are all foreing western concepts. colour hardly matters and can change due to external factor. who cares about black or yellow. what matters is identity.

populations are growing in 3rd world countries due to poverty, illitracy, disease and lack of acess to contraceptives.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 11:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

Although these days, black American women are also marrying non-black guys too lol

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

it is time you stop being rascist based on colour. these are all foreing western concepts. colour hardly matters and can change due to external factor. who cares about black or yellow. what matters is identity.

populations are growing in 3rd world countries due to poverty, illitracy, disease and lack of acess to contraceptives.

This is not racist due to skin color

Color and culture go hand in hand pagan sometimes, go and preach that to arabs in north africa or white afrikaneers in south africa and see the response you get.

Identity is important, which I agree with as you say and that is what is effecting some black diasporians today.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198: Pagan 9ja I will give you an example

Say for example I married Anonymous today, I'm pretty sure if we had kids, the kids would respect both the Fulani and Yoruba culture, because we are both Nigerian (like the Fulayoruba of Illorin). However her or my parents may not approve of such a marriage, but in the end the kids would recognize they are Nigerian (I actually kind of think the more intermarrying for Nigeria the better because then we will have less ethnic hatred towards one another).

what is your point of respect are you talking to me about temporary arrangements we have existed on this planet for past 5000 years and more and our tribes have made it into the 21stcentury and here you are talking about temporary respect which will die out b the time of the 3rd generation.Fula, i know what kind of person you are, you are one who is trying to make adjustments. how will Nigeria keep her identity if her tribes are extinct?? angry you yourself once said that Nigeria is acountry just formed 50 yrs back wheras your Fulani people ave existed since time immemorial. how are you talking about respect now when you yourself dont feel any sense of responsibilty to its preservation?? angry
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
anonymous6:

This is not racist due to skin color

Color and culture go hand in hand pagan sometimes, go and preach that to arabs in north africa or white afrikaneers in south africa and see the response you get.

Identity is important as you say and that is what is effecting some black diasporians today

why should i preach to people who i consider my foes?? angry to me only tribals matter be it here in Nigeria or in the cold mountains of Siberia or the wampy jungles of Papua New Guinea. we are the original peoples. The True original Bedu Arabs are brown-skinned. i have seen them. they are spread in the Gulf states and they hardly care for colour. som are sun-burnt black but they have strong tribal unity. i am talking of the Bedu.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 11:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

why should i preach to people who i consider my foes?? angry to me only tribals matter be it here in Nigeria or in the cold mountains of Siberia or the wampy jungles of Papua New Guinea. we are the original peoples. The True original Bedu Arabs are brown-skinned. i have seen them. they are spread in the Guld states and they hardly care for colour. som are sun-burnt black but they have strong tribal unity. i am talking of the Bedu.

You mean the real Bedouin (kind of like the Shuwa in Nigeria)? and ones of the Gulf?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

so what about them. they are obviously blinded by the riches of those nations. they want to be a part of them, so they ditch their country. it is human nature and understandable. without Nationwide welfare and tribal laws and development and anti-corruption procedures, such incidednces will continue to occur. IT IS our duty to help in the progress and development of our Nation so our future generation will feel proud of their nation, identity and culture. It IS "OUR" DUTY.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Naijarican

There is a Nigerian chatter by the name Sambo944 on another thread....agreed and said that's a shame.

He comprehended the contents and concluded accurately. That's an intelligent Nigerian who can comprehend and digest effectively.

Many on this thread failed horribly. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I did?....o yea

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

why should i preach to people who i consider my foes?? angry to me only tribals matter be it here in Nigeria or in the cold mountains of Siberia or the wampy jungles of Papua New Guinea. we are the original peoples. The True original Bedu Arabs are brown-skinned. i have seen them. they are spread in the Guld states and they hardly care for colour. som are sun-burnt black but they have strong tribal unity. i am talking of the Bedu.

Well makes sense tribe is the order of the day in Nigeria before nationalism or race but because of colonization color has had importance to black cafricnas but it never takes precedence over tribe in Nigeria, and thats why inter marriage between black diasporians and nigerians are not encouraged by majority of nigerians. So dont get me worng tribal culture is impirtant to me but I am just telling in reality sometimes things are not always clear cut
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
anonymous6:

interesting, I didn't know sambo was half igbo/hausa; I attended a marriage not long ago where the bride was Yoruba and groom was Hausa/Fulani and I have a friend who is of Hausa/Yoruba mix so yeah I know it exist.

Well...don't we learn new things everyday grin

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

You mean the real Bedouin (kind of like the Shuwa in Nigeria)? and ones of the Gulf?

Shuwa are African Baboons parading around as Arabs. The Arabs of the peninsula have never even heard of them. either that or SHuwa are mixed but definitely not Bedouin.
and out of teh Shuwa COnfederation, the Fura, Zaghawa and the Nuba are all African tribes and many of them are Pagans. The Furas Zaghawa converted recently infact.

i am talking about the Great Arab full-blooded tribes such as the Banu Yafa, Banu Kindah, Banu Yam, Al- Rashaida, Bu Falahi (Bani Yas tribal confederation), al Murrah, Shammar, etc. and other tribes ofthe Hadhramaut.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
anonymous6:

Well makes sense tribe is the order of the day in Nigeria before nationalism or race but because of colonization color has had importance to black cafricnas but it never takes precedence over tribe in Nigeria, and thats why inter marriage between black diasporians andtoday nigerians are not encouraged by majority of nigerians. So dont get me worng tribal culture is impirtant to me but I am just telling in reality sometimes things are not always clear cut

sister as i said before, we are living in bad times. it is upto us to make it good.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
Wow. . . .
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by tpia5: 11:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
this thread looks like it will go places.

nice traffic for seun's site.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 11:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
So....this American Black vs. African Black is over right? Or do I have to run for cover again. tongue
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
sambos994: So....this American Black vs. African Black is over right? Or do I have to run for cover again. tongue

im not black. i am "dark brown"/chocolate.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 11:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

im not black. i am "dark brown"/chocolate.

Fulani?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:03am On Aug 14, 2012
sambos994:

Fulani?

Haussa.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by tpia5: 12:25am On Aug 14, 2012
did someone modify my post?

I'm sure I mentioned jarus name and advised him to borrow a leaf from here when he's trying to help seun draw traffic to his site, instead of embarassing himself and nl elsewhere.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 12:29am On Aug 14, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Haussa.

Cool.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:11am On Aug 14, 2012
suyu:

Most like to get into non-sensical arguments with us on nairaland for the sake of it

This forum was not made for them............would I go to a AA forum and talk? never. for what? it is not my place or I even care to

Who are you to say who this board is made for? This is the world wide web, and people are free to come and go on this board as they please whether you like it or not. Why wouldn't you go to an AA board? On the boards I frequent, you would be more than welcomed to join in the conversation. You exclude yourself, we don't exclude you. Matter of fact, I am throwing out an invitation to you to go to the boards I frequent. The links are in my siggy. The most popular one in "My Urban Hangout". The folks there would welcome you with virtual open arms.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:14am On Aug 14, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Exactly. When they can't retort they use the "this is a Nigerian site" but sure the hell isn't stop trying to LEAVE THEIR OWN COUNTRY.

Only a hit dog holler.

LMAO!!!! I LOVE your posts girl! You be KILLING them. LMAO! PREACH!
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:19am On Aug 14, 2012
Fulaman198:

A lot of Africans try to, but Americans (Black, White, Asian, HIspanic) are very condescending to Africans. Too much false media and propaganda has gotten to their heads.

The same as it's gotten to yours. It's a defense mechanism you use because you automatically think that AA's are going to be critical of you. Not every AA is out to be mean to you. Stop generalizing and treat people as individuals.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 1:25am On Aug 14, 2012
Fulaman198:

It doesn't make sense to me that they would call you that, you are not even that light to be called those things. There are many Africans who are your complexion.

There are not many West Africans that childs complexion. She yella as all hell. There are more West Africans my complexion than there are hers and they are few and far between, if they haven't bleached the hell out of their natural blackness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34)

Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Resumes Duty As Police Officer Officially (Photo) / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.