Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,923 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:36 PM

Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? (19834 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / My Husband ‘fingers’ Our Daughters While Bathing Them: Wife Tells Judge / Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by vega84(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
The pro is that most of gals this days are so senseless always trying hard to hang their bags were their hands no reach. And some of our guys who sees gals as gods fall to their trips .

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by dayokanu(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
ronkebp:

And it is not the men, that says ""oh, i don't want my wife to work, i can take care of all her needs" and when the needs become overwhelming, they start to cry.... just like the one that just found out his wife never went to the higher institution and still got married to her, because he has paid 800k for c-section, he is crying now.....abegiii, until when men learn how to control their "kongi and pockets" things will auger well.

And its not the woman who despite working in a oil company decides the platonic friend should still pay for wash and set?

And its not a woman who told us that a husband who doesnt leave money for food regardless of the situation wont eat.

Since women have turned themselves into comodities that has a price tag why wont the men treat them as such? Leeches
As you call yourself would people address you

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by redcliff: 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
but forget o. some girls still uphold the principle of being content with what they have. but the bad egggs must always outshine oveshadow the good ones. i still respect someone that was in my life for this...If its being content, she observes it to the letter. although she might be needy for them but doesnt warrant bullzhit activities to get them..once you know you cant have it dont go the extra immoral mile to have them....

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by EfemenaXY: 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
^^ Well said.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by madeinnigeria: 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
Majority of dem be vampire... grin
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
dayokanu:

And its not the woman who despite working in a oil company decides the platonic friend should still pay for wash and set?

And its not a woman who told us that a husband who doesnt leave money for food regardless of the situation wont eat.

Since women have turned themselves into comodities that has a price tag why wont the men treat them as such? Leeches
As you call yourself would people address you

It will always be the men's cross when they leave responsible women to go with leeches, they will not have a choice but to pay for their hair, and other commodities with high price tags....do you have a choice than to deep your hands in your pockets and pay or get dumped by these leeches? so no need to complain, it is a world you have created, deal with it and stop whining.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by violent(m): 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
mitwitdot: guys are they cause of materialism in girls....buy her everything she demands even if it's very stupid or unnecessary just to get into her pants. cars, phones, expensive bags etc for a hole that has no variant just the face and body shape.

Preach!!
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by dayokanu(m): 10:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
ronkebp:

It will always be the men's cross when they leave responsible women to go with leeches, they will not have a choice but to pay for their hair, and other commodities with high price tags....do you have a choice than to deep your hands in your pockets and pay or get dumped by these leeches? so no need to complain, it is a world you have created, deal with it and stop whining.

When a man dates an oil worker thinking she is financially responsible yet the leeching nature of Naija females come out again asking money for weaves and salon

A man who shared vows of for better for worse, yet the wife is asking if the husband deserve to eat.

FACT is majority of naija girls are leeches whose hopes of making it in life is attached to marrying a rich guy

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by phemi01(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
I'm surprised the shameless n worthless young girls haven't come here to defend themselves of this accusation. It's very common among young gurls. They start as early as age 16 to 35. When they begin to lose hope of getting a husband, u see them running to all crusades n conventions. Na thm go 1st reach Redeemed camp they pray for husband wey no dey.

U see them everywhere with big bags and high heel shoes walking like tolotolo. Na only God knw wetin dey that bag. Bloody thieves. Eleguhsi loading! Nkwobi on point! Koko lounge tins! After they'll say nigerian men don't respect women. Lubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by yme1(f): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
I think it is mostly to do with security and status.
The more stuff or the more costly,makes them feel better about themselves.

"Scientific proof women (some) are materialistic whores"

I was brought up in an environment whereby the women are the pillar of the home not waiting on any man and I in turn followed that footstep
I get respect from my male friends/man because I know my worth and I carry myself well not depending on a man cool

I remember a friend of mine who always uses this sentence whenever she wants to get something for herself "what am I dating him for". cheesy
To each its own

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by yme1(f): 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
dayokanu:

When a man dates an oil worker thinking she is financially responsible yet the leeching nature of Naija females come out again asking money for weaves and salon

A man who shared vows of for better for worse, yet the wife is asking if the husband deserve to eat.

FACT is majority of naija girls are leeches whose hopes of making it in life is attached to marrying a rich guy
Gbam at the bolded
The rate at which that mentality is spreading is quite depressing
and to think I made myself believe because alot of women are getting educated and fending for themselves it will reduce the high dependence on a man but boi was I wrong cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by pauloman(m): 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
190*:
blame it on their mom

you hear a mother saying, prisilla you nor dey shame
go look your friend philomena kant you see how rich and sophisticated she is
not know whats behind philomena's wealth either her ritual boyfriend or shes a prostitute
that would giger the poor girl into going out for the money at all cost

but to be honest, i think most Nigerian gurls are materialistic as a result of peer pressure of wanting 2 belong!

its pathetic!!

Very true ! You see such gals are so fake from head to toe. Fake hair,finger nails,everything ! They want to wear the latest designer clothes,use the latest bb fones ,they want to have a big bithday bash to be sponsored by their boy friend,with all these trace their background and their family roots and you will see that they are struggling to survive. Where do they get all these money to live their expensive and materialistic lives? From men ! Either boy frends or sugar daddies and so on.

The saddest part of it is that well over 90% of such gals exist in Nigeria. May God help us guys not to marry a girl friend type of woman as a wife !

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
The irony is most of the hook-ups both by single and married women is 'I will see you after church on Sunday'.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by mediainspired: 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
@OP, they learnt it from E-Chanel, Fashiontv, Vogue & Elle magazine, Davido's music videos, Olu Maintain &other video's of d fake lives of musicians. They also got deceived by the unrealistic portrayals in half-baked Nollyywood movies (e.g. Emeka Ike, a bachelor living in a duplex &yet stil searching for a job). They learnt it from deceptive adverts, esp by telco coys. They also learnt it from their equally materialistic mothers. SUMMARY: Lord, pls giv us good women who remind us d true meanin of 'feminity' cos dey's few these days. Wit all their little 'faults,' Nigerian males ar more coscientous, honest &faithful. 95% of d women are sly, greedy &a write-off, &yet dey pretend otherwise until their secrets are exposed!

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by pauloman(m): 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
obowunmi:

Na toto cause am.....na toto sweet die.

Looking for toto and looking for wife na two different matter. In Naija, you must pay for toto.

Really funny but damn true !
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by dayokanu(m): 10:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
y me:
Gbam at the bolded
The rate at which that mentality is spreading is quite depressing
and to think I made myself believe because alot of women are getting educated and fending for themselves it will reduce the high dependence on a man but boi was I wrong cheesy

I wonder why we bother sending girls to school and wasting money on them if they still come around and think a man is their livelihood.

Theey send men to school just like you, Yet an oil worker believes a man despite earning lower should still pay for her weave-on.

What a shame to humanity

5 Likes

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by lawizle(m): 10:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
Krest247: The truth is that most girls are so lazy, they completely depend on a guy for a living. Most of them like to brag to her friends about her boy friend so they can respect her. I believe the solution to this problem is get rid of this type of girls..

Hope u don't mean get rid in d Mafia sense of it.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by pauloman(m): 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
okpara ugo:

A woman being greedy does not mean she must marry a rich man. They are 2 different things. Okay, keep waiting for rich man and enter 40years now.

If wishes were horses, beggars will ride. We mean that 80% of Nigerian girls want to reap where they did not sow. Once you propose or express some sort of interest in her, the man becomes an ATM (machine)

Jeez! Wat u just said is a true life story lol. U are so on point !!!

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by Agiliti(m): 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2012

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by pauloman(m): 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
aribisala0:
I am sorry but this is an ethnic thing as well as a class thing. Not all Nigerian groups do this.Those that do know themselves.

Those kids whose parents take them to see Santa don't do dat. Study the girls who do it well,even their vocab gives them away . You will hear them use words like ;Janglovaa, Blocos and such like. Anyway na monkey and monkey dey jump grin

You a very far from the truth ! Nowadays even gals from some rich homes or middle class homes that have greedy and materialistic mindsets do these things...Go figure !?
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by flexdee(m): 10:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
Gurlz of nowadays see this trend as a way of livelihood.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by lawizle(m): 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
Tayad of hearing all dz trash joor, galz will only get worse cos dzworld must come to an end.kapish?!!

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by Olaone1: 10:53pm On Aug 14, 2012
Our girls are just toooooo materialistic for my liking. Materialism is their watchword. Every other thing is secondary in their warped world. Materialism determines their yes/no answers.

Very very disheartening
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by queensmith: 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
well guessin the op is just one of those looking for all the fame and glory from the male them.

'why are all these females materialistic and only having sex for money? I am not materialistic and will feed you the coochie for free. everybody look at me i'm not your average woman'

well

done!

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by yme1(f): 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
dayokanu:

I wonder why we bother sending girls to school and wasting money on them if they still come around and think a man is their livelihood.

Theey send men to school just like you, Yet an oil worker believes a man despite earning lower should still pay for her weave-on.

What a shame to humanity
Oh well who would blame them
when there are senseless men out there who are ready to lay it all down for some lazy as* brat just because they want to hit that angry
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by duni04(m): 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa:
u jst purged out wats on my mind. Let's assume dat poverty or poor family background s d cause of sum ladies quest 4 having Aristos, demanding money 4rm dr boyfriend/fiance, wats d problem of d working class or well 2 do ladies dat r okay but still want 2 suck 4rm men. It's absolutely absurd. All dey tink all day s how 2 chop maga's money.
Working class, well to do ladies my foot. Its just packaging! After sleeping around with almost everyone and sucking all they have, they suddenly become working class, actually driving cars and giving people the impression they're doing something important- which is the aim of being a ho anyways.
Its really not a nigerian problem, its everywhere and its based on the simple principle of survival and hustling. Women, men- all of us are greedy. Men steal money due to greed, women use the same greed to rip the money off the men. Its a vicious cycle.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by Olaone1: 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
And, the main reason for this trend isn't poverty. They just lack the cognitive ability to determine what should form the basis of man-woman relationships. Imagine being freaked out by the mere sight of BBs, designer gear, some wads of hard currency, foreign accent, visits to eateries, etc.
Shocking! shocked
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by fstranger9: 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
y me:
Oh well who would blame them
when there are senseless men out there who are ready to lay it all down for some lazy as* brat just because they want to hit that angry

You are making it sound like its no big deal. The most important thing in life itself is s/e/x. Wars have been won and lost because of it and the most important scientific discovery of our time was motivated by the pursuit of s/e/x. So lets not act like its no big deal. It is the only deal.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by fstranger9: 11:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ola one: And, the main reason for this trend isn't poverty. They just lack the cognitive ability to determine what should form the basis of man-woman relationships. Imagine being freaked out by the mere sight of BBs, designer gear, some wads of hard currency, foreign accent, visits to eateries, etc.
Shocking! shocked

You sound like someone who has been out-competed? lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by Olaone1: 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
fstranger9:

You are making it sound like its no big deal. The most important thing in life itself is s/e/x. Wars have been won and lost because of it and the most important scientific discovery of our time was motivated by the pursuit of s/e/x. So lets not act like its no big deal. It is the only deal.

Strangerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You are right. Time in the sack . . . . best experience ni yen oo
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by Feraz(m): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
...a wonderful thread I must say....for me, I feel the number one factor is the relationship between the children and the parents....a parent who doesn't have time to train and impart the moral values in the child would definitely make the child get trained by someone else be it the teacher, friends or neighbours.....we've heard of cases where you see girls say most things they learnt, they did from their friends.....
Like someone said earlier, the media plays important role here too.....
Then again, I'd always say this....there are two kinds of women/wives: those who expand their husbands' empire and those who bring their husbands' empire to its knees....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Share Your Experience As The Lastborn / "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce / Quality Nigerian Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023 - Women Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.