Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? (19606 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / My Husband ‘fingers’ Our Daughters While Bathing Them: Wife Tells Judge / Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
^^^^Lolllllllllll! cheesy

Anyway I really don't sympathize with Nigerian men, most of them actually deserve these girls.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 7:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
chic2pimp:

1)Random Compliments,hugs and Kisses

2)Squeezing of Hnads, saying "I love you" and whispering sweet nothings into her ears

3) Preparing Dinner and also Breakfast in Bed for her

4) Words of Encouragement and Advice

5)Taking a keen Interest and asking how their day went

That's in addition to what Dayo wrote......I could go on and on

Nice list, i love the breakfast in bed smiley.....but still you guys do not see anything wrong in not being able to spend freely on your wife it just beats me. Just so we are clear....i do not support young women living on the pockets of their lovers, it is really none of my business what they do with their lives, and the men dishing out money to them. But in a case where you have married, and let your wife be making millions more than what you as a man is earning...that man has to be able to spend on his wife, it is part of showing you care, showing you care for someone, can be emotional, spiritual, financial, physical (where the holding of hands, hugs and kisses falls under), social, psychological etc. If you are only good in the physical aspect of the relationship alone, what of other apsects?.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 8:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
stillwater: ^^^Lol. But that is what caring is all about, it doesn't have to be monetarily based. Although it's just common courtesy to hold the door for someone coming behind. I'll take this over a razz nkwobi-loving man that feels doling out cash makes him all that.

My dear...i get you, what is the use of a "chukwu "dat has money with no affection and a "dayo" that has affection and no money... in the long run they will end up the same way....it has to be balanced to "an extent".
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by EfemenaXY: 8:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
chic2pimp:

1)Random Compliments,hugs and Kisses

2)Squeezing of Hnads, saying "I love you" and whispering sweet nothings into her ears

3) Preparing Dinner and also Breakfast in Bed for her

4) Words of Encouragement and Advice

5)Taking a keen Interest and asking how their day went

That's in addition to what Dayo wrote......I could go on and on

Sweet words from you too, but I'm not fooled one bit. Not after your generalization and bashing of Nigerian women. Now let me put you through the same test as Dayo's:

Question: 17:12pm
Answer : 17:53pm
Time lapse / response time: 41 minutes.

Chic2pimp, na your own even worse pass. A whole 41mins! Pls kindly paste the link where you got that write-up from too, because I know there is no way on earth that response would have come from your heart/mind either.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:

Nice list, i love the breakfast in bed smiley.....but still you guys do not see anything wrong in not being able to spend freely on your wife it just beats me. Just so we are clear....i do not support young women living on the pockets of their lovers, it is really none of my business what they do with their lives, and the men dishing out money to them. But in a case where you have married, and let your wife be making millions more than what you as a man is earning...that man has to be able to spend on his wife, it is part of showing you care, showing you care for someone, can be emotional, spiritual, financial, physical (where the holding of hands, hugs and kisses falls under), social, psychological etc. If you are only good in the physical aspect of the relationship alone, what of other apsects?.

No it isn't, if i make millions and my husband makes thousands, there's nothing he can give me that I can't buy myself. Stressing to buy me things I probably do not need is needless. Personally I do not care for men whose only way of showing me they care is spending money.

There are a thousand and one things a man can do for a birthday, anniversary etc.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by aribisala0(m): 8:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:

so in all this things you have written....your wife does not deserve gifts for her birthday, valentine or your wedding anniversary....if she asked, then she is a leech?....you cannot take her to the spa and pay for her to be pampered? you can not fly her to paris (city of love) just to tell her i love you. you have not mentioned anything monetary in all you have written, even if i get it that you "think" you have the rudiments of what it takes to get married...you still do not see anything wrong in not being able to spend on your wife without you seeing her as a leech you don't abi

Indeed!!! like you really do or will do all this things.....i laugh in swahili...you are a typical naija man....stop pretending...."open the door for her let her go in first.." like you actually do that.

This is funny ,is it only wife you buy gifts for? what of friends brothers cousins neighbours etc. If you have the means you will buy gifts for all manner of people. What you seem to be saying is the man must have the means to do all these things. How many young people finishing NYSC are in such a position? But our women want a to marry IBB's son forgetting their own father rides Okada
The starting point is this NOT EVERYONE IS RICH so let us keep it real.

the problem is many women seem to want to marry a man who is already "MADE" without any suffering which is just greed.Certainly if you started out together from the beginning and built wealth together you will think and act as one

Marriage is a serious business and the main purpose of marriage is to raise a family which for most people is a struggle. All this Paris and Pampering busines is a reality for a tiny number of people and for most is fantasy,

Most people never fly to Paris for Romantic weekends etc but those who can do such things as a family if they have kids. Clearly you don't have a family mentality but are thinking me me me .
In a real family a man cannot do for himself without doing for family but where the relationship is open They both know how much they have and what they can afford for housing ,schooling,health and of course SAVING. In such a situation the question of Husband doing for wife does not arise. "They are One" and they either drink garri together or eat oysters together.

Gifts have nothing to do with marriage because you are now one with a commonwealth so buying gift for my wife is like buying gifts for myself.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by aribisala0(m): 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
naijababe:

No it isn't, if i make millions and my husband makes thousands, there's nothing he can give me that I can't buy myself. Stressing to buy me things I probably do not need is needless. Personally I do not care for men whose only way of showing me they care is spending money.

There are a thousand and one things a man can do for a birthday, anniversary etc.
Good talk! In fact I am coming to Granite city to whisk you away wink
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 8:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
naijababe:

No it isn't, if i make millions and my husband makes thousands, there's nothing he can give me that I can't buy myself. Stressing to buy me things I probably do not need is needless. Personally I do not care for men whose only way of showing me they care is spending me.

To each his/her own....i love my hubby enough to be able to accept anything that comes from his heart to give me, no matter how small or how i can afford it.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
aribisala0:

This is funny ,is it only wife you buy gifts for? what of friends brothers cousins neighbours etc. If you have the means you will buy gifts for all manner of people. What you seem to be saying is the man must have the means to do all these things. How many young people finishing NYSC are in such a position? But our women want a to marry IBB's son forgetting their own father rides Okada
The starting point is this NOT EVERYONE IS RICH so let us keep it real.

the problem is many women seem to want to marry a man who is already "MADE" without any suffering which is just greed.Certainly if you started out together from the beginning and built wealth together you will think and act as one

Marriage is a serious business and the main purpose of marriage is to raise a family which for most people is a struggle. All this Paris and Pampering busines is a reality for a tiny number of people and for most is fantasy,

Most people never fly to Paris for Romantic weekends etc but those who can do such things as a family if they have kids. Clearly you don't have a family mentality but are thinking me me me .
In a real family a man cannot do for himself without doing for family but where the relationship is open They both know how much they have and what they can afford for housing ,schooling,health and of course SAVING. In such a situation the question of Husband doing for wife does not arise. "They are One" and they either drink garri together or eat oysters together.

Gifts have nothing to do with marriage because you are now one with a commonwealth so buying gift for my wife is like buying gifts for myself.

Balderdash!!!!too much unwarranted story....
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by sleekdot(m): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:

so in all this things you have written....your wife does not deserve gifts for her birthday, valentine or your wedding anniversary....if she asked, then she is a leech?....you cannot take her to the spa and pay for her to be pampered? you can not fly her to paris (city of love) just to tell her i love you. you have not mentioned anything monetary in all you have written, even if i get it that you "think" you have the rudiments of what it takes to get married...you still do not see anything wrong in not being able to spend on your wife without you seeing her as a leech you don't abi

Indeed!!! like you really do or will do all this things.....i laugh in swahili...you are a typical naija man....stop pretending...."open the door for her let her go in first.." like you actually do that.

And what would you do for your husband in return?

Would you also take him to Paris, Buy him stuffs for birthday and valentine, Pay for him to go watch his favourite football team

Or Are you in the school of thought that all giving should be from the man?

if both sides are giving equally then no problems

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by aribisala0(m): 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:

Balderdash!!!!too much unwarranted story....
I know the only story you understand is money.
Tigerwoods has been working so hard making it
Oya go and take
Paris ko Honolulu ni

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
sleekdot:

And what would you do for your husband in return?

Would you also take him to Paris, Buy him stuffs for birthday and valentine, Pay for him to go watch his favourite football team

Or Are you in the school of thought that all giving should be from the man?

if both sides are giving equally then no problems

Ask my husband if you see him....what i have given him in monetary terms, he can't add them up..the calculator will read "error"...

the giving should be "mutual".
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by chic2pimp(m): 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:

There is absolutely nothing wrong in spending on your wife, Infact I plan on doing just that. However it has to be on my terms not hers.
When a female starts deanding Money in exchange for her love and care then she is no different from the 1000Naira a night hooker at Allen Avenue.

Yes caring does sometimes involve monetary Values however I think many Nigerian women tend place too much value on it. This should not be the case.
If all the Man did was spend spend spend then that can't be regarded as caring or can it?

Efemena_xy:

Sweet words from you too, but I'm not fooled one bit. Not after your generalization and bashing of Nigerian women. Now let me put you through the same test as Dayo's:

Question: 17:12pm
Answer : 17:53pm
Time lapse / response time: 41 minutes.

Chic2pimp, na your own even worse pass. A whole 41mins! Pls kindly paste the link where you got that write-up from too, because I know there is no way on earth that response would have come from your heart/mind either.

Enemy of Progress!!! tongue.....Why you did expose me like this nah ahn ahn?.......Me I don't Naija women oo I just bash the "Queen B" attitude many of them seem to possess.

Better be fooled by it ooo because that's how I have treated my GFs and would do the same to my Wife to be.

If you take a long hard look at the things I wrote you'll see that they are not difficult things to do.

Is it Random compliments,hugs and kisses?...I'm sure most men do compliment their female friends or colleagues at work anyways so why I can't do that to my wife?

Or is it Breakfast or Dinner?.....That will be a problem if you can't cook, luckily I can

Or is it words of encouragement or asking how her day went?.....I offer my friends words of encouragement and advice and would have no problem doing like wise to my wife. Ask how her day meant even If you don't mean it(we all know una sabi talk tongue grin)
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
aribisala0:
I know the only story you understand is money.
Tigerwoods has been working so hard making it
Oya go and take
Paris ko Honolulu ni

why can't you be making it like Tiger woods, does he have 10 heads, how will you burn those fats, if you don't exercise and turn it to millions in the bank? hmmmm?
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by aribisala0(m): 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:

why can't you be making it like Tiger woods, does he have 10 heads, how will you burn those fats, if you don't exercise and turn it to millions in the bank? hmmmm?
i don't need millions in the bank.
I am VERY happy with what I got grin.
You have a Parvenu mentality and so judge your value and others' by financial value

I recommend Tiger Woods to you because I can see you have EYE INSECT.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
aribisala0:
i don't need millions in the bank.
I am VERY happy with what I got grin.
You have a Parvenu mentality and so judge your value and others' by financial value

I recommend Tiger Woods to you because I can see you have EYE INSECT.

grin grin grin grin....na real "eye insect"...my dear i know what i want in my man, i am not a pretender....i can go all out to satisfy him and i expect him to do the same as long as it is within his powers and i am so contented with whatever he "gives" me.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by jaybee3(m): 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:
grin grin grin grin....na real "eye insect"...my dear i know what i want in my man, i am not a pretender....i can go all out to satisfy him and i expect him to do the same as long as it is within his powers and i am so contented with whatever he "gives" me.
What if he doesn't, would he have failed his duties has Mr Ronkebp just because of his stance with regards to money?
Most people on this thread agree that it's necessary for us men to show love however way we can. We just frown when we are lead to believe how love can only be quantifiable by the amount of money we give to our better half
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by chic2pimp(m): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
jay bee:
What if he doesn't, would he have failed his duties has Mr Ronkebp just because of his stance with regards to money?
Most people on this thread agree that[b] it's necessary forus men to show love however way we can. We just frown when we are lead to believe how love can onky be quanitifiable by the aount of money we give to our better half[/b]

Triple Whammy....Gbam Gbam Gbosa!!!
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by aribisala0(m): 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:
Look everyone does pretty much the same so that does not qualify you for a National Award.
My point is not every Nigerian is privileged to afford to GIVE GIFTS in fact MOST cannot and they are still happy.

For many such women a good husband provides food shelter healthcare and education for his family. That is the Koko.
You have made so much fuss about it that I really don't buy this contentment yarn coming from you.

No one can love you more than yourself and I see you need to do that more.
To me all those things you mention wedding anniversary,birthday,Valentine Gifts etc are just self indulgence and a means of dealing with self esteem issues.If you are truly rich why should you care if you don't receive gifts.It certainly is not evidence of a rich spirit.
You seem to sugget you can satisfy a person with "things" and you can go all out to satisfy your man. I have seen that kind of love many times when it does not get its way it turns really nasty. Quite scary!
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
jay bee:
Most people on this thread agree that it's necessary for us men to show love however way we can. We just frown when we are lead to believe how love can only be quantifiable by the amount of money we give to our better half

I know my hubby's pocket. so demanding for what he can"t afford will be crazy and unrealistic....infact the way he will look at me says volume. And to burst all yah bubbles...i have never asked for anything from my hubby...well maybe a Louis-vuitton when he asked me what i wanted for valentine.....he knows what to do....i don't even bother about my bills or other things...he takes care of them and shows me extra love....whatever he does, is first and foremost to make me happy...even though we have our own misunderstandings and disagreement....financially, emotionally, physically and everyother -allys' we click 100%.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
aribisala0:
Look everyone does pretty much the same so that does not qualify you for a National Award.
My point is not every Nigerian is privileged to afford to GIVE GIFTS in fact MOST cannot and they are still happy.

For many such women a good husband provides food shelter healthcare and education for his family. That is the Koko.
You have made so much fuss about it that I really don't buy this contentment yarn coming from you.

No one can love you more than yourself and I see you need to do that more.
To me all those things you mention wedding anniversary,birthday,Valentine Gifts etc are just self indulgence and a means of dealing with self esteem issues.If you are truly rich why should you care if you don't receive gifts.It certainly is not evidence of a rich spirit.
You seem to sugget you can satisfy a person with "things" and you can go all out to satisfy your man. I have seen that kind of love many times when it does not get its way it turns really nasty. Quite scary!

I have told you, save your story for your daughter....i don't care what you think.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by aribisala0(m): 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:

I have told you, save your story for your daughter....i don't care what you think.
Why bring my daughter into Do you know her.if you don't care what I think just ignore it
You should learn to be civil . Anyway I don't blame you I blame your church rat father and mother for producing an even hungrier rat.
Luis vuitton Ko Prada Ni
No amount of Vuitton or Versace will change a rat into a cat
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
aribisala0:
Why bring my daughter into Do you know her.if you don't care what I think just ignore it
You should learn to be civil . Anyway I don't blame you I blame your church rat father and mother for producing an even hungrier rat.
Luis vuitton Ko Prada Ni
No amount of Vuitton or Versace will change a rat into a cat

If i say i should trade words with you, you will cry....i did not insult you, i only said save it for your daughter, abi if you are advising me a total starnger upon "nothing" what will you say to your daughter upon "something"? really? no need to cry over split milk. I will not indulge your rantings. Face your wife and your life...let us not derail this thread. Man!!!
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by aribisala0(m): 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:

If i say i should trade words with you, you will cry....i did not insult you, i only said save it for your daughter, abi if you are advising me a total starnger upon "nothing" what will you say to your daughter upon "something"? really? no need to cry over split milk. I will not indulge your rantings. Face your wife and your life...let us not derail this thread. Man!!!

You and who.

What is your business with my daughter or family

If that is how you talk to people on Nairaland don't bring it near me. Note my name very well

Your mother and father will cry and will not stop crying till they die.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
aribisala0:

You and who.

What is your business with my daughter or family

If that is how you talk to people on Nairaland don't bring it near me. Note my name very well

Your mother and father will cry and will not stop crying till they die.

BACK TO THE SENDER....I can see that you have been followed by your villagers....go and eat the amala and ewedu that has been prepared for you and stop crying over Ronkebp's post. Oni kan se!!!....go and make more money and stop exposing your hairless and abless chest. I said i will not indulge you and i mean it.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by aribisala0(m): 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:

BACK TO THE SENDER....I can see that you have been followed by your villagers....go and eat the amala and ewedu that has been prepared for you and stop crying over Ronkebp's post. Oni kan se!!!....go and make more money and stop exposing your hairless and abless chest. I said i will not indulge you and i mean it.

Not everyone is a villager like you.
just note my name like I told you If you are not interested in my views ignore them
Your wilful unrulines will attract robust reprisal
Greedy grasping ghetto scum.
More money for whom ? I do not need to be biographical other than to say I have ENOUGH something that will never happen for you
Tell your father to go and carry cocaine and your mother to step up her ashewo work so that when they die you can inherit more money or why not kill them for money ritual ? Pest control I'd say.

It is not possible for anyone with your grasping background to think otherwise.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by aribisala0(m): 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
ronkebp:

Not everyone is a villager like you.
just note my name like I told you If you are not interested in my views ignore them
Your wilful unruliness will attract robust reprisal
Greedy grasping ghetto scum.
More money for whom ? I do not need to be biographical other than to say I have ENOUGH something that will never happen for you
Tell your father to go and carry cocaine and your mother to step up her ashewo work so that when they die you can inherit more money or why not kill them for money ritual ? Pest control I'd say.

It is not possible for anyone with your grasping background to think otherwise.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
I am dancing to "kabakaba"...oya do kabakabakaba"...oya sare kabakabakaba (shaking everything)...from there i am going to dance to "chop my money"....nice makosa dancing....some people dey fume....who cares? and i will dance to "olu maintains..."nawty"....na mi biko..some people will sleep with headaches tonight.....
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by ronkebp(f): 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
Aww nice!!! going to take a shower after a nice dance workout.....wink grin
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by pcicero(m): 1:30am On Aug 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Blame it on the collapse of the family system,poverty,peer pressure,juvenile deliquency,western and moral decadence,parental failure,increase in sociopathic activities,falling standard of moral,formal and informal education among others.

You have captured everything. BTW, didn't the president appoint an adviser on Values?
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by pcicero(m): 2:32am On Aug 16, 2012
benz33: Please i need a serious lady for a serious relationship that will lead to marriage...a Yoruba lady between the ages of 23-28. I am a business person and very industrious. I am sick and tired of ladies who pretend and dont see life from a positive view. If your r interested please reach me through seyi4ben@yahoo.com. Thank You

Sharp guy! You have seen an avenue to express your frustrations grin grin grin

Sorry to burst your bubbles, your plea has fallen on deaf ears.

Nothing has changed. How many NL ladies have come here to condemn this unfortunate trend?

It's still all about (money)the benjamins.
Re: Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 16, 2012
warrior01:
yeah! You're right but where are they?
We are here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Missing Person: Baba Lawal (Picture) / Teaching Our Children The Sense Of Gratitude. / World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.