Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? (48907 Views)

CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki / If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 / I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by stallion2: 7:03am On Aug 19, 2012
LETS BE FRANK WITH OURSELVES THIS IS WHAT THE MAJORITY OF SOUTHERNERS WANT TO SEE HAPPEN, BUT WHO WILL BELL THE CAT??
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by ocelot2006(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2012
OCCULTIST: @ocelot2006: and those who ask why is Cross River and Akwa Ibom listed in Biafra,maybe your all underage,There is never a time this two state were in Niger Delta or so called South South,south south is a political trick to reduce the influence of the Biafrans,who are the people that fought Biafran War? What does Effiong come from? Nigeria can create states and divide South East as they want, but we know our territory,what the time come everyone will confess.

someone ask why, if they have same culture with Igbos, So does Cross River and Akwa Ibom have same culture with Niger Delta? Do you speak same language? Even part of Rivers state is Biafra, same goes to Asaba and some towns in Delta State,you people should not worry just remain cool and pray Nigeria breaks then you will know the Territories of BIAFRA

Posts like this is one of so many reasons people will continue to see you Biafran apologists as one sorry and desperate bunch, always itching to claim what you do not own. So Gen Effiong fought for the Biafrans, big whoop. What of the hundreds of Akwa-ibomites and Cross-Riverians that fought on the side of the Federal army? And yes we may not be similar to our brothers in the SS, maybe except the Andoni of Rivers state (Obolo). But what the hell do we have in common with the Igbos?

So please, stop lumping us into a region we DO NOT want. It is not by force. Akwa Ibom stays in the South-South, and there is absolutely NOTHING you or other Biafran apologists can do about it......'xcept whine maybe.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by ocelot2006(m): 7:58am On Aug 19, 2012
bonetalk: undecided then what will happen to Nairaland

Don't worry. Nairaland still stays. The Federal Republic of Nigeria is going no where.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by odumchi: 8:21am On Aug 19, 2012
ocelot2006:

Don't worry. Nairaland still stays. The Federal Republic of Nigeria is going no where.

Please, answer a few questions for me.

Are these masquerades Igbo, Ibibio, Annang, or Efik?

And are these men Igbo, Ibibio, Annang, or Efik?

[img]http://imconnectedtoyou.files./2011/12/url21.jpg?w=414[/img]

[img]http://africa.si.edu/exhibits/inscribing/images/eduimages/ekpeLG.jpg[/img]
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by odumchi: 8:31am On Aug 19, 2012
What I still have yet to understand is why the Igbo speaking parts of Delta (Oshimilli, Ndokwa, Ika, Aniocha, Ukwuani, and Aboh) and Rivers (Ahoada, Obigbo, Port Harcourt, Egbema, Etche, and Ndoni) weren't included in "Biafra".
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by true2god: 8:59am On Aug 19, 2012
Limaoscar: I'll like to see the fine details before I start negociating for Cross Riverians.

I wonder what we 'll be doing in Biafra.....Running domestic errands, tapping their Palm trees, working their farms or just cleaning their toilets?

The Old South Eastern States with Igbo as Majority didn't "pay" so this won't be any different. All minorities in the South-South should be bunched-up together.The South-South Republic made-up of Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Rivers and Edo States will work for me.
@ limaoscar dats inferiority complex aspect embedded in ur culture. An average igbo man\woman will not do a domestic house help for anyone. If your pple like running errand as a convenient way of life uptill now, then u guys need a paradign shift and 'rebrand' ur ego and self esteem and stop being jelous of succeesful pple. Afterall no one is forcing ur pple to do most househelp jobs here in lagos. U guys are just bein lazy and never want to stress urself to make a meaningful achievment. Stop blamin the igbos if u r an under-achiever.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Honeybeauty: 9:24am On Aug 19, 2012
d nija delta small bt na dem get d main thing people d find
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by domiron: 9:40am On Aug 19, 2012
The divide will not be in anybody's favor, especially on the African continent. Take a look at the bigger picture people.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by GentleNaaz(m): 9:41am On Aug 19, 2012
I wish ds dream cn com in2 reality nw nw nw. Let dos dat ned peace lv in peac n dos dat ned explosions beget it
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:10am On Aug 19, 2012
jason123:

Absolutely NOTHING!!! No mind them.

WTF is a Temi, a Tosan etc doing in Biafra? I reject it IJN!!! Biafrans, na by force?!

We don't need you troublesome lot in the biafran republic , The seed of tribal hatred has been sown in those parts of the ND (Ijaw v Urhobo v Itsekiri etc) and their religious cleanliness has been tainted with Islam . TRUE biafrans are the people of Asaba , Anioma , Ukwani , Igbo speaking parts of Rivers state , Igbo speaking Idoma regions(Ohimini to Ogbadibo LGA to name a few) , Cross rivers and Akwa ibom (Their stance during the civil war and our cultural / inter ethnic marriage has already solidified the bond) These regions share the same RELIGION and CULTURE with the igbos and we had already established TRADE with them for hundreds of years before the colonial era , so our unification has and will always be there ,its only natural for a brother to care for his fellow brother . When the time comes this regions would naturally "fit" into the Biafran republic, Biafran republic would be guided by resource control .
As for Jason123 a.k.a Ocealot2006 has your mental state deteriorated so badly that you post and reply your OWN comments at the same time ? Or is this a case of split personality between Jason123/Aljharem/Ocealot/Sheyguy ?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2012
Oil or no oil, ibos W̶̲̥̅̊Iι̥ι̥ survive
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2012
^^^^ all regions will, only some more than others, abeg no allow this thread to die o, its our voice!!
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2012
domiron: The divide will not be in anybody's favor, especially on the African continent. Take a look at the bigger picture people.

which is?
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by prettyboi1(m): 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
The federal republic of Nigeria is going nowhere. Gosh I can't even imagine that a people pray for the downfall of their own country. See why Africa is behind the rest of the world?......FOOLISHNESS & SHORT-SIGHTEDNESS ARE OUR BIGGEST PROBLEMS. I see a lot of hypocrites on this site always. I bet a lot of the people typing all these "let Nigeria break up" texts are not even typing it from their own hometown because they don't even live in their own hometowns. I bet a lot of the fools clamoring for their so-called "biafra" don't even live in the east,many of them might hav typed all this bullshhhyte from their houses in Lagos,Jos,Abuja,Port Harcourt,Ilorin etc & those clamoring for the so-called Oodua republic might be also typing from their houses in say Abuja,Calabar,Kaduna,Port-Harcourt etc same with those possibly clamoring for "Arewa republic" who might also have been typing jagons from their phones/pc's from the comfort of their homes in say Lagos,Ibadan,Abuja,,Calabar,Onitsha etc. Yet these stupid hypocrites open their mouths & pray for the downfall of their own country. If you really pray for the disintegration of beloved Nigeria,start by showing us how serious you are by relocating back to your village of origin & not living in some other state or someone else's state or land then people like myself can take you guys seriously. Until then, I can confidently tell you that "AS LONG AS GOD LIVES,NIGERIA WILL NEVER BREAK UP. MARK MY WORDS." Instead of us to gather all of these negative energies that you guys are using to pray for the downfall of your own country, we can channel it into demanding good & transparent leadership from our so-called "leaders" by starting a revolution or something & also contributing our own parts to developing our country as a whole: north,south,west & east rather than hoping that development would fall from heaven into our laps or praying for our own country to fall apart.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2012
ocelot2006:

god punish dat ya mouth cheesy instead help in the prayer, whats wrong with you, is it not as bad as it can get?
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2012
pretty_boi: The federal republic of Nigeria is going nowhere. Gosh I can't even imagine that a people pray for the downfall of their own country. See why Africa is behind the rest of the world?......FOOLISHNESS & SHORT-SIGHTEDNESS ARE OUR BIGGEST PROBLEMS. I see a lot of hypocrites on this site always. I bet a lot of the people typing all these "let Nigeria break up" texts are not even typing it from their own hometown because they don't even live in their own hometowns. I bet a lot of the fools clamoring for their so-called "biafra" don't even live in the east,many of them might hav typed all this bullshhhyte from their houses in Lagos,Jos,Abuja,Port Harcourt,Ilorin etc & those clamoring for the so-called Oodua republic might be also typing from their houses in say Abuja,Calabar,Kaduna,Port-Harcourt etc same with those possibly clamoring for "Arewa republic" who might also have been typing jagons from their phones/pc's from the comfort of their homes in say Lagos,Ibadan,Abuja,,Calabar,Onitsha etc. Yet these stupid hypocrites open their mouths & pray for the downfall of their own country. If you really pray for the disintegration of beloved Nigeria,start by showing us how serious you are by relocating back to your village of origin & not living in some other state or someone else's state or land then people like myself can take you guys seriously. Until then, I can confidently tell you that "AS LONG AS GOD LIVES,NIGERIA WILL NEVER BREAK UP. MARK MY WORDS." Instead of us to gather all of these negative energies that you guys are using to pray for the downfall of your own country, we can channel it into demanding good & transparent leadership from our so-called "leaders" by starting a revolution or something & also contributing our own parts to developing our country as a whole: north,south,west & east rather than hoping that development would fall from heaven into our laps or praying for our own country to fall apart.

abegi!! see mouth, i live in my region!! my state to be precise and i pray and hope it breaks, all this ya talk will not stop it when it comes!!! no nigerian is patriotic, even our military is shouting region so what else is left? keep shouting and when the time comes stay in a rigion other than yours and preach togetherness! mr nigeria!!!
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
dallyemmy: Let's go to the root of the matter - 1914 amalgamation of the southern part with the northern part by the British. If the foundation is faulty; what can the upright do? A kingdom divided against itself will definitely never stand. Another problem is division which is similar to what happened at the towel of babel- tribal/cultural/religion divides...no unity, no loyalty...we really need to pray for the nation.

i am divideus and i approve this message!! tongue
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by coffee77: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2012
sdiq: OMO SOME STATE GO SURFER OO

All d middle belt go suffer well else dey make treaty will biafra or niger delta or oduduwa
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2012
^^^^ you go shock
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by pazienza(m): 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2012
Cross river is now non oil producing,don't know how welcomed they will be in the phantom niger delta republic,i think they would probably end up with biafra,we have a lot in common with them.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by ds700(m): 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2012
Onitsha can't be in Niger Delta.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
ds700: Onitsha can't be in Niger Delta.
ds700: Onitsha can't be in Niger Delta.
definitely,thats our dubia while abia is our japan grin
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Theflint1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2012
Master piece. I actually pity d yorubas most because dey wud have notin to survive on.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by olufunmibi(m): 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2012
pretty_boi: The federal republic of Nigeria is going nowhere. Gosh I can't even imagine that a people pray for the downfall of their own country. See why Africa is behind the rest of the world?......FOOLISHNESS & SHORT-SIGHTEDNESS ARE OUR BIGGEST PROBLEMS. I see a lot of hypocrites on this site always. I bet a lot of the people typing all these "let Nigeria break up" texts are not even typing it from their own hometown because they don't even live in their own hometowns. I bet a lot of the fools clamoring for their so-called "biafra" don't even live in the east,many of them might hav typed all this bullshhhyte from their houses in Lagos,Jos,Abuja,Port Harcourt,Ilorin etc & those clamoring for the so-called Oodua republic might be also typing from their houses in say Abuja,Calabar,Kaduna,Port-Harcourt etc same with those possibly clamoring for "Arewa republic" who might also have been typing jagons from their phones/pc's from the comfort of their homes in say Lagos,Ibadan,Abuja,,Calabar,Onitsha etc. Yet these stupid hypocrites open their mouths & pray for the downfall of their own country. If you really pray for the disintegration of beloved Nigeria,start by showing us how serious you are by relocating back to your village of origin & not living in some other state or someone else's state or land then people like myself can take you guys seriously. Until then, I can confidently tell you that "AS LONG AS GOD LIVES,NIGERIA WILL NEVER BREAK UP. MARK MY WORDS." Instead of us to gather all of these negative energies that you guys are using to pray for the downfall of your own country, we can channel it into demanding good & transparent leadership from our so-called "leaders" by starting a revolution or something & also contributing our own parts to developing our country as a whole: north,south,west & east rather than hoping that development would fall from heaven into our laps or praying for our own country to fall apart.

What is unfortunate about the psyche and orientation of people like pretty _boi is that it is already brainwashed and no longer amenable to objective reasoning and concrete rational conclusion. Why did I say so, You brought God into this potpourri of mess that those who have sold the corrupt doctrine of fallacious federalism and continued existence have created by their own greed and avarice. Let me tell you if you don't know, God is not with us, God is not the author of confusion, God is not the author of the current looting in the Nigerian Petroleum sector, God is not the Patron of Fuel Subsidy fund thieves, God is not the benefactor of the Rogues who stole the Money meant for Independent Power project,God is not behind the sack of Nuhu Ribadu and the subsequent disgraceful end of the anti-corruption campaign, God did not instruct Lord Lugard to Amalgamate us,and if you don't know you better know, God will not stop anyone who wish to secede from this ungodly alliance that is only benefitting the elite rogues and their criminal international affliates. Today is sunday @pretty _boi, it is foolhardy of you to play "Secretary to God" on Nairaland, people want freedom, you are using God's name to put them in perpetual bondage! How are you different from Boko Haram. Learn to fear God so that you don't learn in a bitter way the horror of his wrath. Nonsense, he want to start using God to cower a people that is desperate for emancipation. "Pretty_boi let my people go!"
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by olufunmibi(m): 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2012

What is unfortunate about the psyche and orientation of people like pretty _boi is that it is already brainwashed and no longer amenable to objective reasoning and concrete rational conclusion. Why did I say so, You brought God into this potpourri of mess that those who have sold the corrupt doctrine of fallacious federalism and continued existence have created by their own greed and avarice. Let me tell you if you don't know, God is not with us, God is not the author of confusion, God is not the author of the current looting in the Nigerian Petroleum sector, God is not the Patron of Fuel Subsidy fund thieves, God is not the benefactor of the Rogues who stole the Money meant for Independent Power project,God is not behind the sack of Nuhu Ribadu and the subsequent disgraceful end of the anti-corruption campaign, God did not instruct Lord Lugard to Amalgamate us,and if you don't know you better know, God will not stop anyone who wish to secede from this ungodly alliance that is only benefitting the elite rogues and their criminal international affliates. Today is sunday @pretty _boi, it is foolhardy of you to play "Secretary to God" on Nairaland, people want freedom, you are using God's name to put them in perpetual bondage! How are you different from Boko Haram. Learn to fear God so that you don't learn in a bitter way the horror of his wrath. Nonsense, he wanted to start using God to cower a people that is desperate for emancipation. "Pretty_boi let my people go!"
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by olufunmibi(m): 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2012
[b][/b]and if you don't know you better know, God will not stop anyone who wishes to secede from this ungodly alliance that is only benefitting the elite rogues and their criminal international affliates.You don't know God more than us
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by cfours: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2012
ROFLMAO. I knew this thread would disintegrate into an argument with South South folks not wanting to be part of Biafra and Igbos trying to prove that they belong in Biafra. Remove Cross-Rivers and Akwa-Ibom from Biafra and what do you have left?
hahahahaha Igbos they get mouth... always trying to point to Nigeria as the problem but their own internal problems are the worst.
In fact, Nigeria (or their hatred for Nigeria) is what's keeping them superficially united. they refuse to appreciate that fact.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Trustyd1(m): 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2012
Look nice,
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by geeez: 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2012
[size=24pt]Biafra is a landlocked state[/size]

And if you think Yorubaland is devoid of natural resources, you had better think again and look at Ondo, Ogun and Lagos (Epe and Badagry), where large deposits of oil have been discovered apart from bitumen, gold, limestone ati be be lo

However, that us by the way, our rich human resource base will be our biggest asset
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by olufunmibi(m): 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2012
The flint: Master piece. I actually pity d yorubas most because dey wud have notin to survive on.

The resource of the yoruba man is his brain and his educated mind.if anyone will suffer it is not the Yorubas. So your pity is very much misplaced.lagos state survived for four years without any Monthly allocation from Obasanjo's federal oil money, so why did you think there will be nothing to survive on? Why did you think like that? We pardon you for such a naive thinking because you are a first time offender, but be well advised next time.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by prettyboi1(m): 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2012
olufunmibi:

What is unfortunate about the psyche and orientation of people like pretty _boi is that it is already brainwashed and no longer amenable to objective reasoning and concrete rational conclusion. Why did I say so, You brought God into this potpourri of mess that those who have sold the corrupt doctrine of fallacious federalism and continued existence have created by their own greed and avarice. Let me tell you if you don't know, God is not with us, God is not the author of confusion, God is not the author of the current looting in the Nigerian Petroleum sector, God is not the Patron of Fuel Subsidy fund thieves, God is not the benefactor of the Rogues who stole the Money meant for Independent Power project,God is not behind the sack of Nuhu Ribadu and the subsequent disgraceful end of the anti-corruption campaign, God did not instruct Lord Lugard to Amalgamate us,and if you don't know you better know, God will not stop anyone who wish to secede from this ungodly alliance that is only benefitting the elite rogues and their criminal international affliates. Today is sunday @pretty _boi, it is foolhardy of you to play "Secretary to God" on Nairaland, people want freedom, you are using God's name to put them in perpetual bondage! How are you different from Boko Haram. Learn to fear God so that you don't learn in a bitter way the horror of his wrath. Nonsense, he wanted to start using God to cower a people that is desperate for emancipation. "Pretty_boi let my people go!"

Mr-know-it-all, contrary to what you think or believe,Nigeria will never break up or disintegrate. I am not God,but I know for certain that God has a blueprint for Nigeria. Now,you talked about how God isn't the one stealing all our resources & being so corrupt. Very true. God isnt the one corrupting our leaders & stealing our resources & impoverishing our people but note that God expects us to defend the unity of our country & not run away from our responsibility. Ask yourself something : "1.why did God make me a Nigerian?" "2. Did God make a mistake by making me a Nigerian?" I'm sure you know for CERTAIN that God NEVER makes a mistake. Now,if you keep going about spewing crap & praying for the downfall of your own country (which I think is SUPER-DUMB in the very 1st place) then it means that you're now standing up to God & telling Him He made a mistake by 1. Creating you & 2. Making you a Nigerian.
Do you honestly think if Nigerian broke up today,all the individual regions would now have non-corrupt leaders that really care about their people overnight? You must be dreaming if you think so.lol. Governors that are even from the states that they rule in today's Nigeria hardly even care about their own people that they are supposed to lead directly yet you're still so naive to think they would become saints overnight & start caring about their people if Nigeria breaks up. My problem with people like you & a majority of Nigerians is 1.gross indiscipline 2.mental slavery 3. Mental laziness. You guys all want to live in a great country,but you don't want to work for a great country. YOU THINK GREATNESS WOULD FALL INTO YOUR LAPS FROM HEAVEN? stay there & be dreaming o. Rather than us uniting to demand good,accountable & transparent leadership from our "leaders" while we also play our own roles,people like you want to just lazy about vomiting rubbish & calling for Nigeria's disintegration. I am not God o,but mark my words, as long as God lives, Nigeria can NEVER break up. THE EARLIER WE ACCEPT THIS & START WORKING FOR THE GREATNESS OF OUR COUNTRY,THE BETTER. Anyone who is praying for the downfall of Nigeria is just praying for his/her own death.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by pazienza(m): 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2012
South east is not the same thing as igboland and biafra. South east might be landlocked,but igboland is not landlocked.
geeez:
[size=24pt]Biafra is a landlocked state[/size]

And if you think Yorubaland is devoid of natural resources, you had better think again and look at Ondo, Ogun and Lagos (Epe and Badagry), where large deposits of oil have been discovered apart from bitumen, gold, limestone ati be be lo

However, that us by the way, our rich human resource base will be our biggest asset
South east is not the same thing as igboland and biafra. South east might be landlocked,but igboland is not landlocked.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Spotted: Tinubu Supporters In Aso Ebi Jetting To Abuja For The Inauguration. PIC / Governor Aregbesola Loved By His People Despite Owing Workers: Photos / Dolapo Osinbajo Shows Her Handmade Pineapple Crochet Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.