Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? (48878 Views)

CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki / If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 / I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2012
Naval sadiq: WE SHOULD LEARN TO PREACH NATIONAL INTEGRATION AND NOT DISINTERGRATION FOR THIS OUR BELOVED COUNTRY NIGERIA THAT HAS BEEN ODAINED BY THE ALMIGHTY GOD.LET REMIND MOST OF U WHO DETEST NORTHERN NIGERIA THAT BEFORE THE ADVENT OF OIL THE REGION SIRVIVED IMENSELY VERY WELL AND THAT TO THOSE OF U WHO CLAMOUR FRO A DIVISION U ALL WILL ASTONISHED AT THE WAY THINGS WILL CHANGE DRASTICALLY.THE NORTHERN REGION HAS GOT ARIABLE LAND FOR FARMING AND A POPLATION THAT IS ENOUGH FOR A REGION TO SURVIVE.AS FOR THE BIAFRANS AND HYPOCRYTIC ODUDUWA IF U RESEARCH WELL U WILL SEE THAT IT IS THE YOUNG AND NAIVE ONCE THAT THAT PREACH FOR A DIVISION.GO AND ASK UR FOLKS AND GRAND PARENTS WHAT THEY WENT THROUGH DURING THE WAR.LONG NAIJA.
for hw many yrs shuld we wait for things to be right. Have the northerners stopped killing d southerners? The south hs alot of resources,i mean alot. Including farm land. East for instance waz d major supply of palm oil,enugu is what it is today because coal. So dnt think nothing was happening in d south b4 oil was discovered. What i beliv is that theres a supreme being in charge of every nation. At d appointed time he decides wheater we wil divide or nt. But for now, we cant fold our hands...we keeping doing what we can as humans while He directs us.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2012
Toks2008: I decree that this will come to be in a non violent process in JESUS NAME!

though i see Edo and Benin merging with Oduduwa repulblic and just maybe the entire Niger/delta repulblic excluding Onitsha which should go with Biafra
why exclude onitsha

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by jevic(m): 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2012
Maybe this dream will be achieved in the next 20 decades.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by manbuchai: 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
Christian republic of Biafra,my fingers are crossed.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Barywhyte(m): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
jevic: Maybe this dream will be achieved in the next 20 decades.

It will happen before 2015. AMEN.
Nigeria = Falsehood

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by manbuchai: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2012
Biafra in our consciousness...

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by ACM10: 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2012
centje: why exclude onitsha

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by blaise26abj(m): 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2012
@op imagine nigerians abroad with nigerian passports all of a sudden without a country? what of issues bothering on land/property ownership?federal properties amassed over the years? to mention a few. It will be too messy though still a possibility if the ethnic divide keeps widening.

someone said politicians will still be the same. you are WRONG. Ethnic tribes know how to deal with their unruly politicians. Only that rigging and the federal factor has frustrated people. Ex-governors unseated by the people get ministerial, ambassadorial and other juicy "-rials"

In conclusion we all sabi talk but no action. Naija will remain one...... except Boko boys bombs cities in SW , SS and SE.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by OneNaira6: 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2012
Toks2008:

Lol! who says we have no oil in the west? Is it not because of the present national structure that the oil discovered in Badagry,Ogun and several parts of the west have not be tapped?(https://www.nairaland.com/177686/crude-oil-found-ogun-state) I just felt that it will make more sense to have niger/delta merge with oduduwa

We don't want to join odua Republic. Stop forcing the republic down our throat. Haba. All for oil na wa oooo
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by OneNaira6: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2012
safarigirl: on the contrary, Akwa-ibom would most likely end up in Biafra, they're closer to the East, especially the Anang. Akwa-Ibom and Delta state will be for Biafra, cos they mostly inter-marry with the Ibo, especially Abia, 7 in 10 families from these states marry with the Igbos.

It would be divided in terms of biafra or nd republic. Some would stick with nd while others would stick with biafra
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Drsheddy(m): 1:55pm On Aug 18, 2012
Where KOGI go fall to?
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Theblessed(f): 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2012
[size=18pt]What a sad day it would be!

And now, you've divided Nigeria the way you perceive it, go on, divide the resources (be fair!) and let's see!!!

I prophesy, kata kata - soon!
[/size]
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by edoyad(m): 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2012
Drsheddy: Where KOGI go fall to?

Are you Blind?

Nice Map BTW
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2012
berem: I hope we shall sing this song on the day of disintergration.
sure!! That wil be our hit track. We will sell 100million copies in biafra,oduduwa republic,arewa and niger delta republic.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2012
duni04: See dreamers. Can't believe people are still talking division in the 21st century. It'll never happen, not now or in a million years to come. We should focus on settling our differences and leveraging on our collective strength and resources. If we start dividing ourselves now, where will it stop? What if the Ijebu's want to form their own country separate from the Yoruba or the Oyos feel the Egba people aren't Yoruba enough. What if the Ijaws want their own country separate from the Niger Delta. What if the Bayelsa Ijaws want a separate country from the Delta Ijaws. Are we going to continue splitting and dividing till each person is left to his father's compound? Where will the division stop Yes every group or ethnic nationality has a right to self determination but we owe it to ourselves to try to make this country work. Will splitting Nigeria eliminate corruption? Will everyone in 'Oduduwa republic' suddenly become a saint and stop stealing?
Let's just come together and sort our problems out. No matter how romantic this secessionist idea is, its not going to take away any of our current problems. We're all black for christ sake. Let's sit down and work it out!!!
we hv bn sitting for too long. Even d house of assembly is tired of sitting. We hv developed pressure sores so Its time for all of us to stand up. Maybe sudan divided in 9th century?
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by CastleandGreen: 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2012
slimyem: This sh1t aint happening!!
Together we will stand!!
Na only u go stand.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by ignis: 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2012
Yomieluv: Is This Where We Are Heading To?

is this Nigeria in the future?
The Arewa republic should be boko haram republic.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by 4chi: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2012
At the end of it all, we as Nigerian would only fair BEST united..."United we stand divided we fall"

Also: this is not my account, so don't insult d generous person that allowed me comment with his NL account, *dont mind my typo errors, I'm typing with a phone*

Thanks
[/quote]
You are a complete fool! You are Yoruba indeed! O ba ya e!
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2012
If u can believe that Nigeria can break up without free flow of blood, then you should also believe in santa claus and that pigs would develop angel wings and fly one day.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by drake2(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2012
Yomieluv: i want us to disintegrate shaarp sharp

'Sudanize'
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Babycoleen(f): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2012
I pray it happen on tym witout blood shed.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by kobikwelu(m): 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2012
plausible forecast..

but the reality is that secessionism takes years to even sort out (Maps, U.N protocol, local infighting in the regions) ask eritea and ethiopia, N and S sudan....

if it happens, it will take decades for every section to settle..
The sad thing is that most of the peeps on this forum thinks immediately a country breaks up, the next day, things go smoothly?? and jobs would start falling from heaven and gold would "full" every where and every body would hold hands on the streets and kiss each other!!! (Na small pikiin dey worry una angry angry angry)

A very good case study is the USSR...close to 30 years after..those fragments of countries are finally finding their feet...

if it happens..i bet you, most of you would be in your 60's and 70's before you reap the benefits...

Now about the strengths of the regions..

Only if the Northern elites and imams stop shortchanging their people all in the name of religion and power would their region reach its heights....They have arable land and in the event of a country brakeup, would be a major exporter of Agricultural produce to the other countries. They have the population and you cannot discount that. But with a region that has soooo many stark illitrates and no love for education..the question is ..how far can they go!!
even the arab nations that are muslim countries have very strong western education policies, because you cannot progress in this times if you are not up-to speed with the the world's pace.(It is sad that their elders decieve the masses that "western education" is evil, yet send their kids to the US,UK to revieve top-notch education..very very sad cry cry cry)

For other regions, their achillies heel would be agricultural produce..and when i mean agricultural produce, i mean production capable of feeding a nation, Not just palm oil and cocoa(na that one we go chop?? grin grin) ....As per the issue of corruption(Nothing can stop that)..the only silver lining is Government would atleast be closer to the people...(Based on the map)....
The NDelta..have oil in commercial quantities, The SEast have coal in commerical quantities and commerce, the Swest also have commerce

Look at it this way..every body would have a fresh start...and the finger pointing would stop...(Because as it is right now, most Nigerians believe that nothing is working and a different option would suffice).

but lets not be decieved...IT WOULD NOT BE A CAKE WALK!! it would be difficult!!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Ugosample(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2012
Why are some Nigerians clamouring for disintegration? Don't you know that it is the same demons that will rule the fragmented units of the country? There will be no progress if Nigeria splits, simple!
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2012
[size=16pt]Every country with this level of agitation has eventually disintegrated. The agitations will not stop. The issues are intractable- Sharia, Resource Control, My Turn to Rule, Born to Rule, Devolution of Power, Poverty, Unemployment, Corruption. In the interim there will be little if any progress as we are witnessing . The question is not if but when and how. It might take a few more generations but it will happen.[/size]
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 18, 2012
[size=16pt]In many ways Nigerians have already voted with their pockets and their hearts. Hausa Fulani elites that owned many homes on Victoria Island and Ikoyi in the 70s 80s and 90s have sold those homes to build in Abuja. Most Yoruba elites would never own a property in Abuja. It is unlikely any rational southerner today will be heading north to avail themselves of the many opportunities out there even when unemployed.
Inter-marriage between northern Muslims and southern/middle belt Christians once on the rise has virtually halted. The atmosphere is more poisonous today than at any time in our history. More poisonous than it ever was in the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Ethiopia/Eretria, Congo.
So in many ways we are already divided.
[/size]
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by OCCULTIST(m): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2012
Then Bakassi will be another West Bank because Biafrans can NEVER let Bakassi go to Cameroun,and they will Avenge what Camerounians did during the Biafra/Nigeria Civil War. I even think if this happens cameroun themselves will Renounce Bakassi back to Biafra to avoid War grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Oh I love the sound of this MUSIC grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by milky3(f): 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2012
Ha! Nigeria hs 'broken' already by ur cemented English.... Yepa!!!
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by charles424(m): 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2012
slimyem: This sh1t aint happening!!
Together we will stand!!
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Dede1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2012
Nigeria is already on the slippery path of disintegration. However one of the cardinal points remains that most Nigerians are not deliberate in their thought processes. Of course, disintegration will not automatically usher furious progress and development.

But if the disintegration follows careful thought out process where cultural affinity and close historical background stand as a beacon, the disintegration will bring much needed progressive development to the nation states out of the rubbles of Nigeria.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Remii(m): 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH6XGRmCeug. That is a message from Ojukwu to war mongers
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by malele(m): 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2012
Vegetable soup: Nigeria cannot broke,we will used plaster or even cement to cemented it. angry

OGA UR ENGLISH IS HORRIBLE
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by achi4u(m): 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2012
Who cares weather we survives or not all we want is a new nation.

Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Newly Constructed Tunnel In Owerri Flooded (Photos) / Some Weapons Re-Captured From Boko Haram By The Army (Photo) / Soldiers Clean Up Ikeja As It Celebrates Army Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.