Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,579 members, 7,770,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:20 AM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2366229 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Ogoscco(f): 9:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
How far fellow nairalanders,I thought smone said they will paste d final list today,no news on it.pls what is d latest.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by joyblinks(f): 11:06pm On Mar 15, 2013
[quote author=u3fine]
Monday 18th, Enugu[/quote

same here... when will u leave for enugu? monday morning or sunday?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by u3fine(m): 4:06am On Mar 16, 2013
[quote author=joyblinks][/quote]
Monday very earlY
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by andaros: 7:51am On Mar 16, 2013
Ogoscco: How far fellow nairalanders,I thought smone said they will paste d final list today,no news on it.pls what is d latest.
. Yea, the info got to us here by REXMARYSWEET, though she did not authenticate the info source when asked. But if it was fake, then it's very bad, not when people are anxiously waiting. Anyway rexmary.. If u can read dis pls do wel to comment.thanks.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nationsdaddy: 6:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
Rexmary y is d list nt yet out?u talked as if u were d commisioner of education.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by joyblinks(f): 11:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
Nationsdaddy: Rexmary y is d list nt yet out?u talked as if u were d commisioner of education.

grin
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Ogoscco(f): 4:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
I heard dt all schools directors attended meeting last friday,let's wait and see what happen dis week.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Thankgodiyke(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
I dnt like seeing this topic dormant ..Whatever u see or hear concerning this recruitment share it here to keep hope alive...
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nationsdaddy: 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
I read in the tide neswpaper of 20/03/2013 dat dere wl b a summit on education on 25th and 26th march.we hope issue on ds recruitment wld b discussed dere.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Ogoscco(f): 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hi pals, hope Rivers state is not playing us,soon dis recruitment ll be one year without any fruit.but it ll be so bad for them to useless ones hope for up to a year.happy bufday to Rivers state teachers recruitment in advance.;(;(;( cry
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nationsdaddy: 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
@ogoscco dont run out of patience.it's nt even upto a month nw dey concluded d interview.we al knw it gonna clock a year in aug.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by u3fine(m): 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
I heard from an unconfirmed info that names will be out 1st week of April. Let's keep hoping for the best
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nationsdaddy: 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
Lets kip hope alive.thanks @u3fine
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Ogoscco(f): 7:20am On Mar 23, 2013
@nationsdaddy,the recruitment process started in may,2012.pls fans,if any of us has godfather,chief,politicians that can help to assist us in terms of reminding d govt n ministry of edu.to hasten up,it ll be appreciated.thanks pals.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by u3fine(m): 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
I was at the Permanent secretary Office today, I was told that the consultants only came last week to submit the materials they used but the list of successful/final names have not been submitted.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
Rivers State Education Summit is currently ongoing and beamed live on AIT.They talked of Internship and Induction coming up in April.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by u3fine(m): 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2013
Confirmed, there will be 6 months training for the new teachers befor starting working by sept. 2013

http://myacadaxtra..co.uk/2012/11/normal-0-false-false-false-en-us-x-none_13.html?m=1

…JAMB flags off awareness campaign
The Rivers State Government says infrastructure is in place for candidates to write the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) online next year.
Speaking when Prof Dibu Ojerinde, Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) flagged-off an awareness campaing about the Computer Based Test (CNT) for the 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), the Commissioner for Education of the state, Dame Alice Lawrence-Nemi said that the government will provide free laptops to students in public schools by March 2013.
This is in addition to the provision of ICT facilities in schools and the introduction of ICT learning at the primary school level.
The Commissioner noted that the government has built a Computer Centre in conjunction with Zenith Bank, adding that the Ministry will ensure that students without ICT facilities in their schools will be sent to the centre for training.

Mrs. Lawrence-Nemi also promised to support JAMB in creating awareness about the CBT examination next year, saying the Ministry will take the campaign to all public and private schools in the state.
Earlier in his address, Ojerinde said the CBT will be fully operational in 2015 and until then, JAMB will still accommodate paper and pencil examination.
He noted that Rivers State chosen as the take off point of the awareness campaign because of the transformation in the education sector of the State.
He also appealed to the Commissioner to assist the body to relocate their zonal office in Port Harcourt which gets flooded during rainy season.
In her closing remark, the South South Zonal Coordinator of JAMB, Mrs. Stella Onowu Amene, thanked the Commissioner for agreeing to take the CBT awareness campaign to schools.
Meanwhile Dame Lawrence-Nemi thanked JAMB for the successful conduct of the Rivers State teacher recruitment exercise in August.
She said the State will recruit quality teachers for the 13,000 teaching positions in its schools, who will undergo six months training to equip them for the task ahead. The Commissioner hinted that 11,700 slots were given to Rivers Indigenes while 1,300 non-in-digenes will be employed.
Praising the board’s effort in eliminating examination malpractices, she assured Ojerinde that the state will assist the examination body in relocating its Zonal Office in Port Harcourt.
Olusheyi caston-dada at 05:24
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by u3fine(m): 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
Rexmarysweet: Rivers State Education Summit is currently ongoing and beamed live on AIT.They talked of Internship and Induction coming up in April.

For the new teachers?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
Based on the Governors speech,the 13,000 recruited Teachers will know their fate this week.But he made a stunning statement that his objective is to have those who read education nd not mainly for those with bachelors degree who will get better Jobs and abandone their Teaching Profession. But the Report of PWC said that Most people that read education didn't make up to 47percent. Anyway,the Rivers State Education Summit is still ongoing,will keep u guys posted.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Ogondah(f): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2013
frm d summit, amechi said that d teachers ll be engaged dis week, and frm d PWC representative , abt 47% out of 18000 failed d last intervw, although only 16000 attended. Dat is abt 8500 only passed of wch only 37% did extremely well while d rest of a supposed 8500 did very good.
So frm d look of things dey can make it up to 13000 by only adjusting der measures.
Also it seems d 13000 teachers wont even be enof....nawaaao
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by u3fine(m): 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
BREAKING NEWS!!!
List for successful teachers will be out before the end of this week- Amaechi ( live from Education summit)
I used my phone to record d voice and I tuned in late so the earlier part are not recorded.
In summary, 46% of the applicant are wth B.ED qualifications. There will be training for six months for all the employed ie Induction and internship.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by u3fine(m): 2:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
I tried attaching the recording but it is too large ie 4MB.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 6:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
To all Nairalanders who have endured all this, while hoping on God,I wish you all success as the names role out this Week.Congratulations!!! In advance and may the good Lord bless you all.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Ogoscco(f): 11:51am On Mar 26, 2013
The issue of b.ed qualification only was not dicused in d recruitment,they said all graduate bsc.bed,nce,hnd.note shld screen based on merit not qualifctn.because i did NCE before i gained addmission in university.pls Rivers govt dont disappoint jobless youths who had bn waiting for dis longago recruitment.do everytin on merit,so dat God ll not be angry with u.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Ogoscco(f): 11:58am On Mar 26, 2013
Note: we B.sc,NcE,and others were in our own beliving God for d job before d advert on recruitment came up.pls to whom it may concern,if really we ll endorse in six months edu. Traning then what is d use of bed qualif.they shld remove partiality in dis recruitment
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Ogoscco(f): 12:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
Some of us wasted resources,energy,money,sleepless night etc.only to hear dt they ll take only b:ed.i am not happy at all.let me believe it was just a rumour.remember recruitment shld be based on merit only.God bless
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
@Ogosco,do not panic.You will not be discriminated against.I equally listened to the Governors speech and that of the Commissioner of Education.They never made any wrong remarks on those with NCE.The Governor said that 47percent of those that applied for the Teaching Job are BEd holders. While the Commissioner didn't emphasise much on that. The permanent Secretary ministry of education said that 11,700 slot was for Rivers State people while 1,300 slot is for Non -Rivers. I feel thats the area where ur fears should be focused on.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nationsdaddy: 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
Av u ever asked urself y dere wl b training 4 upto 6months?it's because of d bsc,HND etc dat r also competent n merit d employment.d issue of 1,300 4 non indegenes i tot i heard 3,000 initially
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2013
The Rivers State Governments Education Summit has Just ended.Let's wait and see how the Name goes.All the best to you all. But I will really have to say that Nairalanders who are anxiously waiting for this Job should prepare their mind to accept whatever that comes at the end of the day in Good faith. Congratulations to those that will make it.As for the 6months training doesn't mean that you will not be paid for six months.Once your name is among the successful ones,you will receive your employment letter and then proceed for the Training.But normally,the first salary payment usually comes in Bulk.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by u3fine(m): 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
13,000 Teachers Job: Amaechi Orders Immediate Engagement …Slams School Heads …Fresh Teachers Audits, Transfer Soon
Posted by Kevin Nengia on Mar 27th, 2013 and filed under Front Pix. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry
In fulfilment of his quest to boost manpower in Rivers State education sector, Governor Chibuike Amaechi has ordered the state Ministry of Education to issue employment letters to those who have scaled through the 13,000 teachers recruitment exercise.
Amaechi issued the directive at the 3rd State Education Summit held last Monday in Port Harcourt, saying that already the government had put the necessary platform to ensure quality and efficiency in the sector.
He noted that the recently established Education Quality Assurance Agency would ensure regular supervision and set standards.
The governor, however, condemned the politicisation of education, saying, “we should not politicise education. There is no room for politisation of education. Nothing like, see what I have achieved; I have built 500 schools, clap for me, give me more votes; that is not what education is all about. It is not a thing that anybody should gain votes from. It is a thing that is the right of every Nigerian’’.
Primary education remains the foundation for good education, he said, explaining that his administration had redesigned primary education with appropriate curriculum content and qualified teachers to deliver the best.
However, responding to some of the presentations at the event, Amaechi defended government policies, especially in promoting the free education scheme.
Amaechi asserted that the new model schools were for the rich and the poor, adding that his background spurred him to pursue free education even at government expense to ensure that every citizen has equal opportunities.
He used the forum to explain why most of the new schools were contracted to be managed by foreign firms because of inefficiency by the local managers.
Defending the decline in school enrolment in some bigger schools, Amaechi said that was the result of locating the new model schools mostly in the congested areas.
“Government policy is to build schools near to these areas to reduce pressure and we provide free education in all the schools”, he said.
On how the schools would be sustained, he said, “we will put a law in place and collect more taxes since most Nigerians do not want to fund education”.
Meanwhile, Chairman of the 3rd Education Forum and Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has attributed the rot in Nigerian universities to poor primary education.
Said Soyinka, “If you don’t have a good university for learning, it doesn’t have idea of what brilliant professors in the world, if the atmosphere is rotten, you will just produce animals from universities and that is why I am very happy to be here to be part of any effort at all to resuscitate what our universities are and what they should be.’’
Keynote speaker, Prof. Ayo Banjo corroborated Soyinka’s views, and called for effective supervision and constant retraining and good salary package for teachers.
In her address earlier, Commissioner for Education, Dame Alice Nemi had noted that the summit, was the third, and was aimed at proffering measures to strengthen the reforms so far implemented by the state government.
In another development, the Rivers State Governor, Rt Hon Chibuike Amaechi has in Port Harcourt accused the managements of schools of derailing the progress of public schools in the state.
Amaechi said that headmasters, teachers and auxiliary staff were ruining the state government’s effort in the development of primary and secondary education.
The governor spoke at a two-day education conference, entitled, “Enhancing Sustainable Development in Education’’.
He said that the state government had established primary and secondary schools equipped with modern facilities across the state.
Amaechi said the government had stopped payment of tuition fees by pupils and provided books, sandals and bags for school children as part of efforts to provide free education in the state.
He said headmasters and teachers were in the habit of collecting tuition and examination fees from pupils after government ordered a stop to such payments.
“Rivers Government will not politicise education and will never tolerate any person or group, who is working contrary to our efforts of providing free education to every child in the state.
“As part of our commitment towards improving education in the state; henceforth any teacher who indulges in business activities in place of teaching pupils will be severely sanctioned,” the governor warned.
He said that the state government had set up a quality assurance unit charged with the responsibility of monitoring and inspecting primary and secondary schools in the state.
The governor expressed optimism that the quality assurance law would reduce corruption and teachers’ negligence to duty in primary and secondary schools in the state.
He called on the participants to deliberate on issues that would help government produce better policies that would improve education.
In his remark, Prof. Wole Soyinka, a Noble Laureate, acknowledged a slight improvement in the country’s education sector but called for drastic measures to revolutionise it to compete favourably with standards in other countries.
Soyinka said that inadequate funding of universities was negatively affecting programmes in producing quality graduates in the country.
“It doesn’t matter if you have brilliant professors in universities because if the environment is not conducive for learning we will continue to produce uneducated graduates,” he cautioned.
Soyinka said that the conference provided an opportunity for experts in the education sector to produce recommendations aimed toward improving educational standard in the country.
Meanwhile,  The Rivers State Government will carry out a recertification and redistribution of teachers once it concludes the recruitment of new 13,000 teachers next month.
Chief Executive Officer and Director of the newly established Rivers State Education Quality Assurance Agency, Prof. Okorosaye Orubite gave the hint while presenting a paper,”Education in Rivers State 2008-2013: An Overview ,’’ at the just concluded 3rd Rivers Education Summit held yesterday in Government House, Port Harcourt.
The plan was further endorsed by stakeholders in a communique at the end of the summit.
Prof. Orubite submitted that the redistribution of teachers will commence once the new teachers have been absorbed, “there will be redistribution in terms of numbers and subjects’’ he said.
Explaining the essence of the exercise he stated that studies have revealed that there is imbalance of teachers ratio in the urban centres to the rural areas, hence the exercise is geared at balancing the equation and also ensuring quality teaching staff.
He also hinted on the re-introduction of transfer certificates, pointing out that the current situation does not allow for adequate record keeping in schools
Consequently, stakeholders have advocated for the review of curricullum of the two tertiary institutions namely Rivers State University of Science and Technology and Ignatius Ajuru University of Education in tandem with the new policy on education.
The curricullum they stressed should be in line with the one prescribed by the Nigerian Education Research and Development Commission(NERDC), further calling for the incorporation of faith- based organisations in the orientation of students.
In a communique released and read by the Commissioner for Education, Dame Alice Nemi after the two-day summit, the participants rooted for an educational sector that provides for those with special needs by giving opportunities to all irrespective of class or background.
They also advocated for the eradication of all forms of learning disparities based on gender or class adding, “ the summit is to review what has been happening in the sector since 2008, and to find ways of sustaining and consolidating these achievements so far, as well as expanding areas not yet covered.’’
http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2013/03/27/13000-teachers-job-amaechi-orders-immediate-engagement-…slams-school-heads-…fresh-teachers-audits-transfer-soon/
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Thankgodiyke(m): 7:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
For those who do not have B.Ed do not loose hope..But the truth has 2 be said many ppl see this opportunity as a steping stone into sth more lucrative that is why RS.GOVT.Is being cautious to recruit those who would nt want 2 build a career or who have nt built a career in the field of education..Some ppl nw see teaching as all comers affair Due to the level of unemployment in the country.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Ogoscco(f): 11:58am On Mar 28, 2013
Has d list be pasted?cos 2mor is public holiday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (842) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.