Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! (8237 Views)

Photos: "Today I Married The Man I Met On Social Media. Don't Ignore All Your DM / Am Loosing Confidence As A Man / Please I Need Advice,am Loosing The Only Woman I Ever Loved! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by emilyone(f): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2012
the hand writing is boldly written on the wall for you to read, wise up girl!
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by bknight: 10:58am On Aug 24, 2012
This guy is not married, neither is he committed to any other relationship, he is caring, loving and definitely has u top in mind. He's only hoping you open ur eyes and relief him d misery of doing it himself! undecided
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by Eiregirl(f): 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2012
nikkyshyne: @Op, your bf is probably married!

That's the first thing that came to my mind.
@OP - Run for the hills & call it a lucky escape!
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by Exponental(m): 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2012
U dating an aristo n pretend not to know.........dat man is married n his family is a priority.
Use ur head n not love here.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by forkadict(m): 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
honeycandy: I almost thought you were dating my boyfriend until I checked the age again. I used to go through something like this with him. Let me give you a simple advice. Let him be. It's up to him now. You've done your part as a loving girlfriend. The problem is I think you're forcing yourself on him and he's taking advantage of that. Just leave him the h.e.ll alone. He'll respect you more. I ignored my boyfriend for about 2 weeks when I realised what was happening. Just let him be my dear. And another piece of advise, while you're waiting for him to come back to you, make yourself available to other guys. I wish you the very best.

WTF!

@ OP, please read the last 2 sentences in the piece above.

So will you make yourself available to me?
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by blaise26abj(m): 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
@ OP: Maybe he wanted to propose to you at the restaurant. At his age, he should have seen all kinds of women and he kept testing you. Just pointing another angle to it.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by malaria(f): 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
Poster ur man is a single married man.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by honeycandy(f): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
fork adict:

WTF!

@ OP, please read the last 2 sentences in the piece above.

So will you make yourself available to me?

Your name alone reflects the way you reason. When I say she should make herself available, I didn't mean she should sleep around with guys. All I'm saying is she should date or hang out with other guys. In the process, you'll find someone you like. It would even help you take your mind off the guy in question.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by milkymesh: 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
nikkyshyne: @Op, your bf is probably married!
that is the answer in one sentence. @op make your decision with your head not heart.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by tosomaju(m): 1:13am On Aug 25, 2012
This is a very serious matter ie if it's not a fiction.
Don't allow the 'love is blind' syndrome to lead u into a life-long regret.
U are not wrong in seeking counsel, but i would rather u discourse this issue with a person with these attributes: mature, experience, professional, and spiritual. Who can either be a pastor or counsellor.
Bringing it to a public forum will do u more harm than good. Matter that concerns the heart are usually delicate and should be treated as such and not a topic for public debate. Pardon me if i sound rude there.
Moreover, even as i try to sound as expedient as possible, i will not fail to remind u to take this issue to God in prayers. He(God) cares more than u care. He is just waiting for u to allow Him into this situation, and I promise u will never regret it.
I wish u all the best.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by TerryCarr(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2012
Gracious10: I have been dating my guy for almost a year now. He is 15 years older than me. I am in my late twenties.
This guy is super nice but i have issues bothering me about him.
1: He never introduces me as "his girlfriend or woman" ( he calls me baby when we are alone and my name when people are around)

2: He never returns my call promptly, he returns calls in 48-72 hrs and when i demand explanation, he gives excuses of being too busy and would call back when he has time for it! He also accuses me of insulting him and i still apologise. I have never used a curse word on him cos i understand what respect is.

3:we cant have a conversation without him rubbing his age on my face. I am literally scared of showing displeasure in his attitude towards me cos i dont wish to labelled rude and insultive.

4:He loves to ignore me for days no matter how worried i am of his welbeing.

5: He is stingy. If i dont ask for anything, he won't bother doing it for me even if my hair looks nasty.
I dont ask him for money because by the grace of God, i can comfortably take care of myself. I have never being[color=#770077][/color] a financial burden cos i know everyone has bills. And i believe a man should provide for his woman the way he can no matter how little. A good woman will appreciate that.
I love this man to bits, i have been completly transperent to him and to my commitment to God. The more i try to reach him, the more he appears to be invisible.

Recently, he treated me his normal way in public, practically avoided me and sneaked out of the event without informing me of his exit. He later asked me to join me in a resturant, i refused to go. He appologised but i think this guy has been planing to leave me. So i decided to stay away for a while and since then, he hasn't called.
I have peace within me, I believe i shouldnt force anyone to be with me. Relationship is a two thing. I believe he has his own side to the story. Apart from what i have mentioned, this guy is nice.....But with what i have presented, should i still hope he will come back? I am not dating anyone and dont wish to date till i understand what went wrong here and how i can fix it moving on.
Thanks for your help. Your comments would be highly appreciated.
DAMN!!!
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2012
deniyor: Your boyfriend is probably married or has a very serious relationship. That explains the following actions:
1. He is very loving in private but never introduces you as his woman in public. He can't cos the moment he does that, he loses his real woman. He probably tells everyone you are his colleague.
2. He goes days without calling you or returning your calls. Do i really have to explain to you that he is with his woman?
3. he is not having sex with you. It's probably not what you want to hear but it's true. The only reason a very sexually active man will accept that kind of proposal from you is cos he is getting it from someone else.

Based on the above, you are just an emotional release to him. You are the one he runs to when he has problems with his wife. He is emotional cheating on his woman with you. Well i can't call hit cheating in full since no sex.

You can't lose something you don't have. Quit the relationship and go get a real bf to marry cos I assure you, it's never going to be the married one you have now.
Well this is it. This is it.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 25, 2012
D age limit is a wrong one as he is intimidatin u wit his old age. He's only tryin to get u laid that's why he is toleratin u, he's gettin wat u dnt give to him outside.... If u lik go back to him until ur community pple will com to carry u out of his house out of sef pity, dat relationship is earthly nd humanly wrong!!!!!! Get a life among ur peers gurl. I won't speak futher, a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 26, 2012
The only problem i see here is the 'no sex' agreement.My dear,d guy can't kip 2 it,hs only trying to fustrate u so dat u wil leave and nt say he broke ur hrt..am vry sure dats d problem.But,being wit u shud be a choice,nt by pity...a relationship enterd with pity,wil hv to be fueled with constant begging to mk d persn stay,i ope dats nt wat u want..LET HIM BE.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by DrGee1(f): 12:41am On Aug 26, 2012
At ur age i expect u to be mature n exprience in matters concerning men n their xteristic. Babe dat man is married u dont need a prophet to tell u dat, shine ur eyes babe, no dulling. Haba!!!
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by iyk1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ok i have read ur story.. to me this is very simple..

Are you a virgin?.. if yes then its probably a reason

This man may love and respect your values BUT it might be affecting him

He may not be getting all he wants especially if he has done it b4

He may be getting it somewhere else and feels u r not of much use to him

he may not tell u this he will just keep u where u are..

HE IS A MAN AND NOT A YOUNG ONE FOR THAT MATTER..

Read btw the lines.. there is something he is not getting from you
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by Areaboy2(m): 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2012
deniyor: Your boyfriend is probably married or has a very serious relationship. That explains the following actions:
1. He is very loving in private but never introduces you as his woman in public. He can't cos the moment he does that, he loses his real woman. He probably tells everyone you are his colleague.
2. He goes days without calling you or returning your calls. Do i really have to explain to you that he is with his woman?
3. he is not having sex with you. It's probably not what you want to hear but it's true. The only reason a very sexually active man will accept that kind of proposal from you is cos he is getting it from someone else.

Based on the above, you are just an emotional release to him. You are the one he runs to when he has problems with his wife. He is emotional cheating on his woman with you. Well i can't call hit cheating in full since no sex.

You can't lose something you don't have. Quit the relationship and go get a real bf to marry cos I assure you, it's never going to be the married one you have now.

I'll change that to Definitely undecided

again @ op, No need bashing someone for assuming the sex is great and hence u don't wana leave him. Funny enough, the contrary is the case and yet you still wonder why he disappears for 48hrs?

You're in wrong with the wrong person, call it quits and save yourself the emotional stress
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by okoji: 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2012
He is obviously married or has a committed relationship or perhaps he is ashamed of you. Either way, he is not into you. Move on, don't call him, don't look for him. Just move on.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by tomnmenace(m): 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
TRUST ME GIRL, I'M GONNA GIV U D BEST ADVICE
D guy may want to cal on u cos he enjoys your young 'air' in private
But in truth, that guy intends to use u ..in private too, sorry
No matter how nice he treats u, he's merely playing u
doesn't av a plan for u, doesn't want a future with u, feels very insecure cos of ur age, n has bin planning d best way to do away wit u.

You intuitively left him.
Leave it at that
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by maigaskiya1: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
Gracious10: I have been dating my guy for almost a year now. He is 15 years older than me. I am in my late twenties.
1: He never introduces me as "his girlfriend or woman" ( he calls me baby when we are alone and my name when people are around)

2: He never returns my call promptly, he returns calls in 48-72 hrs and when i demand explanation, he gives excuses of being too busy and would call back when he has time for it! He also accuses me of insulting him and i still apologise. I have never used a curse word on him cos i understand what respect is.

3:we cant have a conversation without him rubbing his age on my face. I am literally scared of showing displeasure in his attitude towards me cos i dont wish to labelled rude and insultive.

5: He is stingy. If i dont ask for anything, he won't bother doing it for me even if my hair looks nasty.
I dont ask him for money because by the grace of God, i can comfortably take care of myself. I have never being[color=#770077][/color] a financial burden cos i know everyone has bills. And i believe a man should provide for his woman the way he can no matter how little. A good woman will appreciate that.
I love this man to bits, i have been completly transperent to him and to my commitment to God. The more i try to reach him, the more he appears to be invisible.

Recently, he treated me his normal way in public, practically avoided me and sneaked out of the event without informing me of his exit. He later asked me to join me in a resturant, i refused to go. He appologised but i think this guy has been planing to leave me. So i decided to stay away for a while and since then, he hasn't called.
I have peace within me, I believe i shouldnt force anyone to be with me. Relationship is a two thing. I believe he has his own side to the story. Apart from what i have mentioned, this guy is nice.....But with what i have presented, should i still hope he will come back? I am not dating anyone and dont wish to date till i understand what went wrong here and how i can fix it moving on.
my their d numba one evidence of a man in lov is hs ability 2 advertise u.every guy wan show off wit hm girl.bt ur case is reverse.my advice is beter be wer ure celebrated than wer ure toleratd.just shun d guy sail ur ship
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by freecocoa(f): 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2012
He's all that and you still call him "super-nice"?shocked
Someone who isn't proud of you, stingy, very uncaring etc, hian! i must have not known the correct meaning of the word "NICE" all along.

Anyways in my own understanding of that word, a stingy person cannot be nice grin.

OP move on,i detect desperation in your tone hence you not wanting to leave him, 15 years is too much age difference, how can an old man like that who is not married and not having 5ex be scared of commitment? That dude didn't tell you the truth about himself, the earlier you forge ahead the better for you.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by blasterman(m): 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2012
Everything is always the man fault because women are so a good and innocent they can do no wrong. U have already said he is a good guy but he is not perfect. So the question is how perfect r u? Have u thot perharps u might not be displaying the qualities he wants in a woman.
Gracious10: I have been dating my guy for almost a year now. He is 15 years than me. I am in my late twenties.

Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by timilehing(m): 9:45am On Aug 29, 2012
cindyrella:
My thoughts exactly.

Op, it is obvious that he doesn't love you,he is probably married or in a realationship.. leave him while you still can. The right man for you will surely come..
Abi o
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
my sister today love no dey blind again o. he don dey use spectacle. BEWARE!!! It is better you have your peace unmarried than to go into a joyless marriage.man wey no regard you when you are not married will be worse after marriage.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by DonaldGenes(m): 5:37am On Oct 02, 2012
Gracious10:

It's really appalling to know that in this 21st century, some people are very shallow minded! I can not Belive that someone will actually show how untamed, ill mannered they are in public. No gentleman will use ur choice of words in public. My r/ship has been sex free cos I understand the consequences of fornication. We choose it that way cos biblical principles must be followed. Sorry, there are r/ships that are actually sex free. I respect the man cos only few men will accept that. And if he chooses to walk away so be it cos am not compromising my principles for any reason! If all women are loose or sexually driven then you met the wrong one.
Mark my name properly, I have ZERO tolerance for people who are loose with words. If you don't know what to say, just use the exit button or better still close your eyes.
Kindly don't comment on my post anymore cos I may not be this nice next time!
gbam!
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by xcitedjay(m): 11:31am On Oct 02, 2012
You both aint even in a relationship and you're already thinking about marriage. Save that "he's willing to wait till after marriage" crap he's been whispering in your ears, he's getting it from a different source and you're just there pining over what you never had. He is not attracted to you, neither is he proud of you, that's why he can't be bothered to spend a dime on you.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by AzaMontana(f): 11:53am On Oct 02, 2012
a friend of mine was in a similar situation. She loved the guy to bits and was ignorant of the truth. Funny enough the guy knew that no matter how long he disapears of ill treat her, she would always be happy just to see his face even. She even fell pregnant for him and the brother wanterd nothing to do with it ( luckly it was a false alarm) but it helped her see the truth coz he did not give a damn. Do you know that the very same week she dumped him ( or finaliy realised the truth that he did not want her) she met the guy who is now her fiance. So dump the sucker, you deserve more. You mgiht just be as lukcy and find a guy who is gonna be sooo crazy abt u

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by gunners160(m): 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2012
most of d advise here is just 4d ladi 2 leave d guy. nobi kared 2 tel d ladi 2 pay d guy a visit and dey shuld iron out dhr problem.which of u pray 4 a broken rlship,d fact dat e is like dat does nt mean he 8 d ladi.NO MATTER HW KARRIED AWAY U ARE IN A RLSHIP ARGUMENT NEVA EVER SUGGGEST A BRK UP.TRY AND FIX D PROBLEM IS D BEST WAY .OP TAKE MY WORDS IF U BCK OUT W-O TRYIN 2 FIX UR PROBLEM ANODA LADI WULD DO DAT WHO KNOWS IT MITE B 1 OF D LADIES ON NL SUGGESTIN 4 BRK UP

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by ikekings(m): 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
I love this... Nairaland ladies are very sharp... Waiting for the right time to go for the prize...
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by MrsChima(f): 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
He doesnt want you and he is actively searching for a replacement. Right now hou are his dick warmer.

Enjoy while it lasts.
Re: Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! by Gracious10: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
He doesnt want you and he is actively searching for a replacement. Right now hou are his dick warmer.

Enjoy while it lasts.

Sex free r/ship. No joystick warmed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? / Lady shares nude photo of herself to promote body positivity but gets no support / Girls Don't Like Me How Do I Look (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.