Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners (14142 Views)

Places To Get Life Partners / Serious Male/female In Search Of Life-partners / Why Do Single Ladies Detest Lecturers As Life Partners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by baldman: 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2012
I am addressing only born again Christians here. Those are not are free to express their views on this matter in accordance with their beliefs. I think we all have to thread carefully here. The gift of prophecy is well established in the Bible and while most people have made a ministry/church/career our of it, it is a gift that is available to Christians and its purpose is for the edification of the church. This growing trend of people trying to rubbish every prophetic revelation is becoming really disturbing. Granted that there are some many fake prophets all around, does that mean we no longer have those whose gifts are powered inspired by the holy spirit? If you indeed believe in God, Jesus and the ministry of the holy spirit, don't you think it is wise to seek counsel when it comes to your choice of spouse, especially to ascertain through the witness of another believer that your perceived God's leading concerning your choice of spouse is indeed from the spirit of God? Will it not be more effective to seek such counsel from someone whose gift enables him or her a glimpse into the future? As much as you have people coming here to say that they ignored prophetic warnings and that there life with their spouses married through their intuition or intelligence has been rosy so far, has anyone bothered to ask about others who defied all warnings and are biting their fingers right now? Too bad there are so many adulterated doctrines and money hungry fake men of God out there but really that is no reason to rubbish the significance of spiritual guidance.

The OP's case is a good example, we all know that the beating is not likely to stop any time soon so the Pastor's guidance is on point unless the girl's destiny is that she should marry a wife beater. I hope you all know that they characteristically become remorseful after every physical assault on their victim. Woman beating is a symptom of a deeper psychological issue.

If a true prophet of God says don't do it, don't, please.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by baldman: 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2012
I am addressing only born again Christians here. Those are not are free to express their views on this matter in accordance with their beliefs. I think we all have to thread carefully here. The gift of prophecy is well established in the Bible and while most people have made a ministry/church/career our of it, it is a gift that is available to Christians and its purpose is for the edification of the church. This growing trend of people trying to rubbish every prophetic revelation is becoming really disturbing. Granted that there are some many fake prophets all around, does that mean we no longer have those whose gifts are powered inspired by the holy spirit? If you indeed believe in God, Jesus and the ministry of the holy spirit, don't you think it is wise to seek counsel when it comes to your choice of spouse, especially to ascertain through the witness of another believer that your perceived God's leading concerning your choice of spouse is indeed from the spirit of God? Will it not be more effective to seek such counsel from someone whose gift enables him or her a glimpse into the future? As much as you have people coming here to say that they ignored prophetic warnings and that there life with their spouses married through their intuition or intelligence has been rosy so far, has anyone bothered to ask about others who defied all warnings and are biting their fingers right now? Too bad there are so many adulterated doctrines and money hungry fake men of God out there but really that is no reason to rubbish the significance of spiritual guidance.

The OP's case is a good example, we all know that the beating is not likely to stop any time soon so the Pastor's guidance is on point unless the girl's destiny is that she should marry a wife beater. I hope you all know that they characteristically become remorseful after every physical assault on their victim. Woman beating is a symptom of a deeper psychological issue.

If a true prophet of God says don't do it, don't, please.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by timmy(m): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2012
@OP you beat a girl 2x and you think she needs professor pella to tell her you aren't the right man for her. Come on guy, you chased her away the very first moment you landed your hands on her. I bet she went to her pastor or someone older and that person probably asked her a few questions about your relationship in the past, or she's been very active on social media and has been seeing lots of female bashing these days. Don't blame her for being wise. Now is the only time she has to be wise and she chose right. Move on, deal with it and learn.. Never beat a woman.. You'd live to regret it.. You already are regretting..

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by slimyem: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
In this case,i think using the pastor as an excuse was just a decoy from the real issue...which is you having beaten her TWICE plus your confession below.
Ayee Idris: all...am really feeling very guilty that i never treated her well all the while she was with me.the guilt is eating me up.i wish i have another opportunity to make it up to her.that gal was an angel...am still dazed.
Since she didn't want to see the real vision herself,i guess her mother used the pastor to see it for her.
You don't deserve her...move on already!!!
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by kelly72: 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2012
This unregulated business!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
If the pastor is a true prophet... Imagine when a prophet always prophecy correctly in your life previously, why wont u bliv them nw... Many NL will say no, and thats why so many threads in NL is abt cheating, divource, unhapines in marriage e.t.c.....
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by SamMilla1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2012
Crap. I wont even listen to Pope if he predicts a partner for me.

It is usually their mothers.
She found a richer guy for her.
Trust me, the pastor has nothing to do with this since the pastor does not know you.
It happened to a friend of mine.
They found a richer guy and gave silly excuses about how the guy refused to go to monastry with them.
Now the guy is a lga chairman and the blame game is ongoing in their family.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by buoye1(m): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
nzenze2: I have been in a very fruitful relationship with my girlfriend for the past 5yrs...she has been the best in everything,very special and a huge blessing to me and my loved ones...

We started having problems late 2010 and it degenerated into something last year...to the extent that i have beaten her twice...with the help of my family members and friends i was able o win her back and we started dating again.

I proposed to her in june this year and she accepted,now she returned my ring last 3weeks with the excuse that her mom's pastor told her that i am not her destined husband...i have been soo devastated and emotionally down. I have sent gifts,begged,even my boss has called her..she has not been picking my calls and returning my pings...during the last public holidays,i managed to convince her to hangout with me so we can discuss...i picked a nice restaurant and sent her the directions..she promised she was on her way and didn't show up at the end of the day...i was just sitting at the restaurant like a fool...

This is a girl that cannot stay a day without hearing my voice...she used to be so crazy about me...now she has stayed a whooping 2 weeks without hearing my voice...am down..it is affecting my job and my studies...i really appreciate this girl,she stood by me when i had virtually nothing..please what do i do?? do i move on or continue to beg with the hope that she will change her mind?moreover i don't even think it will be easy for me to move on..

Dude,i dnt need any pastor to tell me u are realy nt her rytful husband some1 u beat up twice&u claim to luv and wanna marry her...wat smellin luv is d@?wat as she done dat warrants beatin?.......u snt deserv such a lady am sure she's no more intrested in you d@s y she used her mumc's pastor as an excuse to dump u.....am so happy 4 her.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by naijathings(m): 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2012
baldman: ..................... If a true prophet of God says don't do it, don't, please.
Please baldman tell us how to know a true prophet in a world where many pastors are pedophiles and rapist and scammers and looters and designer freaks and masturbators and comedians. please tell us.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by buoye1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
slimyem: In this case,i think using the pastor as an excuse was just a decoy from the real issue...which is you having beaten her TWICE plus your confession below.

Since she didn't want to see the real vision herself,i guess her mother used the pastor to see it for her.
You don't deserve her...move on already!!!
gbagau!!!* nack d thread akpako jawe***+
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
How come the thieving bandits a.k.a. Pastors, also have failed marriages? Why cant they prophesy concerning their own marriages? Lol. Dem blind ni? Abi na to perm hair and slap members dem sabi?

make dem dey deceive una dey go. . .
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by dontador(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
sexkillz: How come the thieving bandits a.k.a. Pastors, also have failed marriages? Why cant they prophesy concerning their own marriages? Lol. Dem blind ni? Abi na to perm hair and slap members dem sabi?

make dem dey deceive una dey go. . .
Thank you.... That's my point since they can predict life partners for individuals.... What is hindering them from predicting their's? Pastors of this days are fake nd professional swindlers..... Smh!!!
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by baldman: 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2012
naijathings:
Please baldman tell us how to know a true prophet in a world where many pastors are pedophiles and rapist and scammers and looters and designer freaks and masturbators and comedians. please tell us.

Deuteronomy 18:21-22, "And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

Matthew 7:15-20, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by KINGwax(m): 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
Mynd_44: I read until the part where the OP said he beamed her twice and I decided that the guy deserved to be dumped
oh saint of nairaland! I hail thee. So your point is what? U biliv or not? Of course you'll alwys divert to paint yourself white. Answer the OP gadimitt!
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by dominique(f): 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2012
@baldman
how does that answer the question? you spoke a lotta things without really saying anything. can someone else help us answer the qusetion posed by naijathings?

@poster
no right thinking lady will settle down with a man that will prolly make a punching bag of her in future. learn from your mistakes and move on.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by Cupidkc(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
Go and talk to the supposed seer pastor.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by KINGwax(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kingsleyinfo:
@OP
i was going to say that no pastor had a business seeing any vision for anyone untill i saw the bolded
the pastor must be a very good prophet to have seen that you are a woman beater, angry angry
i give that pastor thumbs up
and the girl was certainly very smart to listen to the pastor
after all a broken courtship is better than a broken home.
MR go deal with your anger, then you could consider looking for a wife to marry. undecided
undecided undecided
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by naijathings(m): 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
baldman:

Deuteronomy 18:21-22, "And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

Matthew 7:15-20, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them

what is all this? how does all this answer my simple question? I am asking you to tell us how to know fake prophets and u r here talking about what Mathew and Deuteronomy said. it is this type of thing that our pastors use to turn the heads of gullible people who cant use their heads. Scheeew
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by omosexy1: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
@Poster, I do feel for you. Certainly I could read your emotions. Right now you need to pray to God for healing of your heart cos that girl doesn't love you anymore. I also find it shocking when people commit their lives to the hands of another man. I also hear that pastors are now leaving prosperity preaching to venture into matching making ministry. People pay pastors to get them wives these days. People should also know that THERE IS NOTHING AS THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU OR SOMEONE SPECIALLY MADE FOR YOU. So this fraud about you consulting your pastor for life partner should stop. Christians stop being spiritually lazy. God is everywhere and in everyone. It is our attitude and perceptions that will enhance the God consciousness in us all.

Poster it is well with you. Pick up yourself and move on with life. Stop begging, if she wants you she will come back but don't hope and pray cos your chances are very slim. She has been bewitched by her Pastor (if her claim is true). Also, never lay your hands on women again, they are very emotional. They may forgive but never forgets.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by dhrey: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
To me i tot she has grown tired of d relationshp by d u treat her.u av 2 move on wit ur life nd check ur anger.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by isaco(m): 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
I so much believ in prophesy, but there r many false prophets, you only need d right ones. Dont depend on only one to confirm anything lik whom to marry, travelling, job, business to do, people to move wit, dream meaning, and other difficult issues. Their r many prophets in the Bible lik Samuel, moses, Elijah dat saw vision to the people and people obeyed while some dat disobeyed paid darely for it. The lady may not lik him anymore, dats why she . . . Well, You too can find out yourself . . Bible says those who obey prophet shall profit from the prophet. Dont be naive people.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2012
all na scam.even some desperate babes go offer money to some corrupt pastors for dem to get vision about one rich guy wey dey visit the church grin
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by tooblessed: 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
Yes! You can still move on bros. If you still want to try begging for the last time go ahead. If you were faithful in that relationship maybe God is saving you from some bigger trouble ahead. I will advise you find a place and cry out you heart. Tears have a way of healing and after that move on with your life. But I can't understand why some mothers wouldn't allow their children to choose who they want to spend their life with. Don't marry because your pastor says he/she is the person, marry because you have the conviction that, this is the person you can live with. period.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by Sirmee(m): 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
No Pastor is allowed 2 interfere in my relationship.
I feel your pain my guy but nevertheless u have to move on with your life and control your anger in your future relationship(s).
I had a case similar to yours(that she must not marry a guy not from her tribe). My whole life used to depend on it then but since her mom and her pastor won't allow it work, I moved on with my life. Today am in a better relationship and she's yet to get one. She still begs me and since i won't comeback to the relationship, she kept asking me for advise. Now its IST 4 LYF!
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by simdam500(m): 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
As for me, no pastor can decide who i should or should not be with cos d pastor dont know my INTEREST, CHOICE, LIKE and d kind of person i wish to spend d rest of my life with i cant even go for a councellin
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by pheesayor(m): 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
everyone here is getting it wrong here except baldman . true prophets do exist however, they won't tell you who to marry. you simply consult the prophet about who you are about to marry, the prophet then fasts and prays mostly for three days after which you'll be told if you are compatible with your partner or not.

my point here is the prophet is not to tell you who to marry but simply tell you if the person you want to marry is compatible with you. if yes the future will be good and if no,the there might be future disaster.

my case study here is an uncle of mine who was warned not to marry his wife but he was so in love and went ahead to marry her,immediately after the marriage he lost his job, 12 years later they have three kids but he's practically living off the rent his mum collects from their fathers houses. don't get me wrong he's not a lazy person but he was so in love that he discarded prophecy and he's paying for it. a person once loved by all is now being avoided.

I'm in similar case too and i have the choice whether to listen or be stubborn like my uncle, time will tell
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by AyaSammy(f): 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
asdf:jkl ha ha :
Dat girl dos not luv u any more. She is usin her pastor as an excuse mov on wit ur life n 4get her

I dont support the pastor thing in choosing or predicting ur wife or husband. The fact that u acted like a beast twice is enough for the lady to get back at you. Ofcos u cant be her husband.Why beat a lady even when u not yet married to her, so after marriage am sure u will go get her size of pankere (Local Cane). Move on and neva u lay ur hand on any lady again.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by pheesayor(m): 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
I understand there are fake prophets who are after their personal gains but does that mean we should classify them all as fakes?
Ifyou close your eyes because you dont want to see a bad person, the good ones will pass by and you wont see them too.

I advise the OP to pray about about this, I know how it feels because I'm going through the same thing right now
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by salt1: 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
No loving mother would keep quiet and allow her daughter to enter a marriage with a wife beater. If she didn't know before the marriage, that is even a different matter.In my family, it is even enough reason to end an already contracted marriage because the man can easily replace a dead wife, but her family can't replace a dead daughter. Once a striker, always a striker. If a man can beat you twice when you are still answering your maiden name, what will he not do when you become his property.
The pastor didn't need to prophesy. He just asked her to muster enough courage to break free from an abusive relationship before we hear her story for newsspapers.

As for your question, no pastor predicts relationships for me. I don't even share some ops's definition of prophecy. A prophet teaches people the word of God and warns them about the evils of committing sin. That was what the prophets of the Bible were doing.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
I do not pray that lady close to me marries a Wife-beater.
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2012
predict partners for other while they can't manage their own marriage? my wife's best friend is married to a pastor and guess what? my wife's steady advice/counselling to the lady is the only reason why she is still married to the pastor. most of these pastors are dolts backstage, they are only marvelous in office(pulpit)
Re: Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners by Xfactoria: 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2012
@ OP:

Here is my take: DO NOT DISCARD, DO NOT BELIEVE!!!!

Here is why:

1. I have heard tales of people who disobeyed warnings from men of God and now wish they had listened. Sometimes, obedience, not prayers is the solution. I have also heard tales of people who discarded similar prophecies and are doing fine. In their own cases, one thing is constant - both husband and wife rejected the prophecy and were united against its fulfilment. That is a risk and it has to be properly gauged before its taken! From my experience, Its neither here nor there.

2. I advised that you do not believe because there are many wolves in sheep's clothing out there. Its pretty difficult to know if that pastor is true or fake except you know him well yourself.

3. I say do not discard because there are some true and truthful men of God out there who would not mince words. They say it as they see it. Don't listen to people who say its not possible for God to show a pastor and not show you. Everyone cannot hear from God perhaps because of our sins and bear in mind that God reveals things to His prophets.

4. Marriage is a spiritual union. The foundation for it must be spiritual. Do your own spiritual check. Go go to your pastor and pray about it. You seem not to be ready to do this. Why are you afraid to pray about your future?

I rest my case and wish you the best in whatever decision you take.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help! I Cum When Wearing Condom! / Teddy Bears - What Do Girls Use It For? / Help Me Decide If Am Safe From Her (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.