Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,889 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752879 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DaRocha: 1:14am On Mar 08, 2015
Please my Vetassess application status is showing 'completed'. However, I'm yet to receive an email from Vetassess on whether the assessment was positive or negative. Please how long do I need to wait for before I receive an email from Vetassess? Someone please assist. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 08, 2015
izykvision0:

Cool. By God's grace will be in Melbourne in a couple of months. Aws melbourne in general inclusive of the weather? Looking at settling in Melton, Melton South to be precise, do u know about the area?

Do u live in Ballarat?That is quite far from Melbourne CBD. Close to 2hrs drive.

Ballarat is not in Melbourne but a regional town about 1hr away, which school are you focused on? Or are you doing skilled migration?

Melbourne is cool though the weather could be a bit unpredictable at times but nothing to worry about, cheers!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:00am On Mar 08, 2015
DaRocha:
Please my Vetassess application status is showing 'completed'. However, I'm yet to receive an email from Vetassess on whether the assessment was positive or negative. Please how long do I need to wait for before I receive an email from Vetassess? Someone please assist. Thanks.

No email will be sent. Your profile status will change to positive or negative within 24hrs (business day I think).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:07am On Mar 08, 2015
DaRocha:

You can also download your assessment report from their portal if you selected the e-report option during application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by adeoye201: 5:46am On Mar 08, 2015
My brother has a bachelors degree and a masters degree.should he evaluate the bachelors or the masters?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 6:36am On Mar 08, 2015
adeoye201:
My brother has a bachelors degree and a masters degree.should he evaluate the bachelors or the masters?

Assess both degrees.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 6:41am On Mar 08, 2015
UBKtech:

Ballarat is not in Melbourne but a regional town about 1hr away, which school are you focused on? Or are you doing skilled migration?

Melbourne is cool though the weather could be a bit unpredictable at times but nothing to worry about, cheers!

Skilled migration.

Extreme cold conditions get to what degree as well as normal cold, hot and extreme hot conditions?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 7:49am On Mar 08, 2015
izykvision0:

Assess both degrees.
Can one use WES evaluation for Skilled migration? I recently evaluated my Bsc transcript for USA can I use same evaluated report?
Applying and processing for another transcript frofrom my Uni can be a daunting task.
Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 7:51am On Mar 08, 2015
izykvision0:

Skilled migration.

Extreme cold conditions get to what degree as well as normal cold, hot and extreme hot conditions?

if u can survive naija weather and ppl are surviving Canadian Cold, then Australia weather should be a perfect inbetween.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 7:56am On Mar 08, 2015
wahabcoal:

Can one use WES evaluation for Skilled migration? I recently evaluated my Bsc transcript for USA can I use same evaluated report?
Applying and processing for another transcript frofrom my Uni can be a daunting task.
Thanks.
if u still hav copies u can certify them.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 8:00am On Mar 08, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

if u still hav copies u can certify them.
Oh really? Yea I've got the evaluated report sheets with me. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 8:07am On Mar 08, 2015
wahabcoal:

Oh really? Yea I've got the evaluated report sheets with me. Thanks.
i mean copies of your original transcript from your school
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 8:10am On Mar 08, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

i mean copies of your original transcript from your school
Oh Okay. They'll accept it scanned? Yes I have it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mystical10: 9:31am On Mar 08, 2015
bossladyMo:

Wow!!! Was still at Stockland today sef. We are at Hermit Park. Stayed in Aitkenvale for a bit though...

You school at JCU?
I pm u check your email
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
wahabcoal:

Thanks.
No..only the one ur assessing authority did. It has an expiry date. Assessing bodies do ur skill evaluation along side ur qualifications unlike WES. You may use the Wes' to guage comparability of ur qualifications.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
babajava:
Pls house, which is more important, skill assesment, working experience(I have less than 3yrs)??. In short, how can I get a positve assesment. Just want to tidy all parts b4 EOI.
Go to ur assessing authority webpage and read on what is required. Work experience is part of what is being assessed as ur skill assessment together with ur educational achievements.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
UBKtech:

You can also download your assessment report from their portal if you selected the e-report option during application.
Bros, must DIBP get the exact documents assessing authority got? For example, when lodging for visa and u use another set of transcript and testimonial.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
ferdimako:

Bros, must DIBP get the exact documents assessing authority got? For example, when lodging for visa and u use another set of transcript and testimonial.

As long as they are the same with the ones used for skills assessment, the assessment report usually states the documents on the basis of which the assessment was made.

It follows, you must submit the same set of documents to DIBP.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
UBKtech:

As long as they are the same with the ones used for skills assessment, the assessment report usually states the documents on the basis of which the assessment was made.

It follows, you must submit the same set of documents to DIBP.
Wow..the latter ones will be of more official than the one assessing authority has. But the claim is correct...just to beat time as the school is dragging feet.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
Yes, it's safe to use the same set of documents

ferdimako:

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DaRocha: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
bossladyMo:

No email will be sent. Your profile status will change to positive or negative within 24hrs (business day I think).

Thanks BossladyMo. God bless you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DaRocha: 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2015
UBKtech:

Thanks UBKtech. God bless you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 12:31am On Mar 09, 2015
cherries1:

MASTER and VISA cards now have added security. You must have secure code to use MASTERCARD for online transactions. Apply for temporary activation code at the bank which you will use to create your secure code.The temporary activation code will be sent via email to you so, make sure you have an email alert with the bank activated. You can apply same time for your card to be unlocked or call FIRST CONTACT again for direct service.

Hello,

I have registered a secure code now and those at Firstcontact said my card is good to go. However still got a decline message mins ago, dont know what next now.

Card is firstcash naira mastercard with N1m limit.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 09, 2015
izykvision0:

Hello,

I have registered a secure code now and those at Firstcontact said my card is good to go. However still got a decline message mins ago, dont know what next now.

Sorry about that. what decline message did you receive? Did you make any mistake while entering the any of the required details?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 09, 2015
izykvision0:

Hello,
The truth about this 9ja card issues is that cards from some banks work better than others.

A friend tried to use his Diamond bank card to no avail, even after going to the bank twice to enable the card. He switched to GTB and concluded his transaction on one go.

So save yourself the stress and try another bank. personally, I have only used GTB & ZENITH bank cards and they worked quite well. However, to avoid exchange rate abracadabra, I will advise you to go for US$ denominated card. You can get prepaid MasterCard or Visa card from any of the two banks above, load the dollar equivalent of the transaction amount plus a little extra, enrol for securecode or verified by visa and you are good to go.

Cheers!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 4:50am On Mar 09, 2015
@ cherries1 & Ubktech.

Funny enough, this is the same card i used to pay for Vetassess assessment and points test with no issues. So i actually moved the funds from my Gtb to Firstbank for this purpose.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 09, 2015
Hi great people of Nairaland,
My story is a little complicated but I'll try and present it as simply as possible, kindly help me read thru and advise me.

I plan to apply for an Australia Visa for me and my wife buy around Sept this year and having gone through the requirements I feel I have met most of the criteria except the issue of marriage.

We did our Trad in early 2013 and the Church Wedding 3months later. A few months later I looked at the wedding certificate and to my shock, they'd made numerous mistakes in our names! I called the catechist and he said we should bring it for correction. wedding was in the far north and we now live and run our business in the south. When my wife went there this year the same Rev Father that conducted simply refused pointblank to make the corrections, he said that's his own policy. He was so insolent my wife was close to tears

Now the error ridden church wedding certificate is of no practical use in its current state, what can I do to have a valid wedding certificate for my upcoming visa application?

can I swear an affidavit to cover this? or will the embassy frown on that?

Can I and do another sharp sharp registry wedding? I'm seriously considering this just to have peace of mind.

ubktech, justwise, vicjustice, FutureDon, equilibrium, malkinburg, galala123, aduktus, ukchy and the rest of the gang please save a soul
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 09, 2015
ewagbamio:
My story is a little complicated but I'll try and present it as simply as possible, kindly help me read thru and advise me.

I plan to apply for an Australia Visa for me and my wife buy around Sept this year and having gone through the requirements I feel I have met most of the criteria except the issue of marriage.

We did our Trad in early 2013 and the Church Wedding 3months later. A few months later I looked at the wedding certificate and to my shock, they'd made numerous mistakes in our names! I called the catechist and he said we should bring it for correction. wedding was in the far north and we now live and run our business in the south. When my wife went there this year the same Rev Father that conducted simply refused pointblank to make the corrections, he said that's his own policy. He was so insolent my wife was close to tears

Now the error ridden church wedding certificate is of no practical use in its current state, what can I do to have a valid wedding certificate for my upcoming visa application?

Can I and do another sharp sharp registry wedding? I'm seriously considering this just to have peace of mind.

ubktech, justwise, vicjustice, FutureDon, equilibrium, malkinburg, galala123, aduktus, ukchy and the rest of the gang please save a soul
Do the registry's. Check the spellings before you leave...it is most official even.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2015
ferdimako:

No..only the one ur assessing authority did. It has an expiry date. Assessing bodies do ur skill evaluation along side ur qualifications unlike WES. You may use the Wes' to guage comparability of ur qualifications.
Yea I read through vetasses website and saw Nigerians had to send their transcript directly to them via the institution.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Mayofikky: 9:29am On Mar 09, 2015
izykvision0:
@ cherries1 & Ubktech.

Funny enough, this is the same card i used to pay for Vetassess assessment and points test with no issues. So i actually moved the funds from my Gtb to Firstbank for this purpose.

Hi, i experienced the same issue. I even called DIBP who also tried from the backend and still gave a decline message. To save yourself from the stress look for someone with a dollar account and ask the person to assist you in paying with his or her card (international card).
Ours went through with the help of my friend who had Bank of America account / card.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 9:55am On Mar 09, 2015
ewagbamio:

That would depend on what the errors are about and whether they are insignificant enough to be overlooked.
However, (in my personal opinion) i don't think a marriage certificate that was issued by a Church would be recognised by an embassy unless the church is empowered to act on the capacity to the registrar office: The reason that i doubt that this Church has the authority is because, you had to go all the way to the north to meet the very Vicar who conducted the wedding when it should have been possible for you to present your complaint to the registrar in your area. Or does that mean that the embassy would also need to contact the particular Reverend Father if they have any need to verify something regarding the marriage?
How about you contacting the Registry Office in your new area?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 09, 2015
wahabcoal:

Yea I read through vetasses website and saw Nigerians had to send their transcript directly to them via the institution.
That is true... ACS doesn't do that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.