Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752895 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2015
@ferdimako thanks a lot. I guess I'll just do that.

@vicjustice. the wedding was done in the North, my wife is from there and she simply went back to the same church where the wedding was conducted. She also happen to meet the same Rev Fr who was the officiating minister on the wedding day only to be completely stonewalled. His attitude really riled me because the error came from him. He appears to suffer from the God disease but i have truly forgiven him and am moving on now. After all the embassy might not even accept it.

this might not be the best place to put this, mods, kindly pardon me. Can anybody give m a brief rundown of how I can go about doing a brief court/registry wedding and getting the cert the same day? @All, thanks once again
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:01am On Mar 09, 2015
ewagbamio:
@ferdimako thanks a lot. I guess I'll just do that.

@vicjustice. the wedding was done in the North, my wife is from there and she simply went back to the same church where the wedding was conducted. She also happen to meet the same Rev Fr who was the officiating minister on the wedding day only to be completely stonewalled. His attitude really riled me because the error came from him. He appears to suffer from the God disease but i have truly forgiven him and am moving on now. After all the embassy might not even accept it.

this might not be the best place to put this, mods, kindly pardon me. Can anybody give m a brief rundown of how I can go about doing a brief court/registry wedding and getting the cert the same day? @All, thanks once again
What do you mean "God disease", is that a blasphemy?
Anyway, I recommend you go to the local registrar acting in the capacity of the government authority to do a formal registry and get the approved marriage certificate, I don't think that the one given to you by the Church is recognized.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 09, 2015
Vicjustice:

Anyway, I recommend you go to the local registrar acting in the capacity of the government authority to do a formal registry and get the approved marriage certificate, I don't think that the one given to you by the Church is recognized.

Lol he's meant to put "God disease" in quote with small letter "g".he does not want to use insultive words or mean words since he's refering to a man of God.its just an oxymoron
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:47am On Mar 09, 2015
Preciousstones:

Lol he's meant to put "God disease" in quote with small letter "g".he does not want to use insultive words or mean words since he's refering to a man of God.its just an oxymoron
Thanks for coming in, i was actually reconsidering my interest to reply to his post as i don't want to encourage such profanity.
But he uses the capital letter, doesn't that explain what he actually meant?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 09, 2015
Vicjustice:

Thanks for coming in, i was actually reconsidering my interest to reply to his post as i don't want to encourage such profanity.
But he uses the capital letter, doesn't that explain what he actually meant?

Its just a mistake,most people re used to "God" than "god" I do make that mistake too.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
ewagbamio:

Even if there was no mistake on the certificate, the certificate issued by the church is not tenable for any official purpose. You can only use a government issued marriage certificate.

Take the church issued certificate to any registry around you and get a government issued-certificate. No need for any ceremony, you will only be required to pay some amount of money depending on your negotiating skill.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
UBKtech:

The truth about this 9ja card issues is that cards from some banks work better than others.

A friend tried to use his Diamond bank card to no avail, even after going to the bank twice to enable the card. He switched to GTB and concluded his transaction on one go.

So save yourself the stress and try another bank. personally, I have only used GTB & ZENITH bank cards and they worked quite well. However, to avoid exchange rate abracadabra, I will advise you to go for US$ denominated card. You can get prepaid MasterCard or Visa card from any of the two banks above, load the dollar equivalent of the transaction amount plus a little extra, enrol for securecode or verified by visa and you are good to go.

Cheers!
Did your friend try using Diamond bank card in OZ and it didn't pay? If yes, then, he did not apply for his card to be unlocked before leaving Naija. Diamond bank blocks overseas access to their cards so, if you are travelling outside the country, u need to apply for access to be granted. You can apply for either unlimited or limited access. I didn't arrive OZ with any cash, Firstbank Mastercard paid me at Kualar Lumpur(in Malaysian Ringgits) while Dbank paid me at Sydney. I have been using my Dbank VISA card in over 4 different ATMs in OZ without problems and with better exchange rate than Fbank.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
ewagbamio:
Hi great people of Nairaland,
My story is a little complicated but I'll try and present it as simply as possible, kindly help me read thru and advise me.

I plan to apply for an Australia Visa for me and my wife buy around Sept this year and having gone through the requirements I feel I have met most of the criteria except the issue of marriage.

We did our Trad in early 2013 and the Church Wedding 3months later. A few months later I looked at the wedding certificate and to my shock, they'd made numerous mistakes in our names! I called the catechist and he said we should bring it for correction. wedding was in the far north and we now live and run our business in the south. When my wife went there this year the same Rev Father that conducted simply refused pointblank to make the corrections, he said that's his own policy. He was so insolent my wife was close to tears

Now the error ridden church wedding certificate is of no practical use in its current state, what can I do to have a valid wedding certificate for my upcoming visa application?

can I swear an affidavit to cover this? or will the embassy frown on that?

Can I and do another sharp sharp registry wedding? I'm seriously considering this just to have peace of mind.

ubktech, justwise, vicjustice, FutureDon, equilibrium, malkinburg, galala123, aduktus, ukchy and the rest of the gang please save a soul

That should not be a cause for worry for you. The marriage certificate from your church wouldn't have been recognized by Australian immigration nor by any other country's immigration anyway. Go to the registry and get a valid marriage certificate. It will only cost you about 20,000 naira and few months.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
cherries1:

That should not be a cause for worry for you. The marriage certificate from your church wouldn't have been recognized by Australian immigration nor by any other country's immigration anyway. Go to the registry and get a valid marriage certificate. It will only cost you about 20,000 naira and few months.
U mean it isn't given immediately-the registry cert?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
cherries1:

Did your friend try using Diamond bank card in OZ and it didn't pay? If yes, then, he did not apply for his card to be unlocked before leaving Naija. Diamond bank blocks overseas access to their cards so, if you are travelling outside the country, u need to apply for access to be granted. You can apply for either unlimited or limited access. I didn't arrive OZ with any cash, Firstbank Mastercard paid me at Kualar Lumpur(in Malaysian Ringgits) while Dbank paid me at Sydney. I have been using my Dbank VISA card in over 4 different ATMs in OZ without problems and with better exchange rate than Fbank.
Nice inputs!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
@vicjustice: I am a not a little surprised at your response. you admitted that you did not understand what I mean by God Disease, yet you immediately went on to accuse me of Profanity, blasphemy etc. what was that about? if I do not understand something, I ask. simple. Or better still Google it. God Disease, God Complex -- more commonly used are all synonyms of Delusions of Grandeur. Most respectfully, this has nothing to do with God the creator or any imagined 'blasphemy'.

@Preciousstoness, really there was no 'mistake' here. God Disease/God Complex are quite commonly used terms depending on the context. thanks all the same.

@Ferdimako, a big thank u once again. I have arranged a registry wedding, hope to be done with in like 2weeks. Your forthrightness has inspired me a lot

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
ewagbamio I understand but if you check google or your dictionary it is written as "god complex","god disease"etc.it will change the capital 'G" to "g" because "God" is an ultimate word.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
ewagbamio:
@vicjustice: I am a not a little surprised at your response. you admitted that you did not understand what I mean by God Disease, yet you immediately went on to accuse me of Profanity, blasphemy etc. what was that about? if I do not understand something, I ask. simple. Or better still Google it. God Disease, God Complex -- more commonly used are all synonyms of Delusions of Grandeur. Most respectfully, this has nothing to do with God the creator or any imagined 'blasphemy'.

You said, "if you do not understand something, you ask". That is exactly what i did as you can see in my quote: So, how does my post (below) "accuse" you of blasphemy?
Vicjustice:
By the way, you said the word G*d-Disease is commonly used just like the word G*d-dammit is more commonly used, does that make it right?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
Preciousstones:

Chai. This girl is intelligent o
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
@preciousstones; please Google 'God Disease Psychology'

that should put this to bed
I have laernt a lot from Nairaland and I'm still learning

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
ewagbamio:

I know god disease is a disorder.'M trying to correct you that its not God disease.its written as 'god disease" don't go and get into trouble or fail an english exam because of wrong spelling.please someone help him check if god disease is written in capital letters.and you just accepted that you insulted the pastor.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
Vicjustice:
Thanks for coming in, i was actually reconsidering my
interest to reply to his post as i don't want to encourage
such profanity.
But he uses the capital letter, doesn't that explain what he
actually meant?

----------------------------_---------------------_------------------------

this is where you implied, quite explicitly, that I used profane words. I did not.
This will be my last statement on this digression, others have kept this thread useful the the rest of us. I will want to be a maker and not a breaker.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
ewagbamio:

The main pointer is the capital letter 'G' that's all. If its the Supreme being youre referring to you do capitalize just for clarity, to differentiate it from thousands of other supreme beings, if not you use 'g'.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by fbtowner(m): 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hi guys.hope u are all doing good.

Pls I am a fresh graduate from one of nigerian universities. And I am willing to travel to australia to start a new life there.

Pls guys I need to know how do I go about it. I mean what is the easiest way. I have never travelled before. I don't even have an international passport but I know getting that should not be a problem.

Pls guys what I need to know (in details) is do I need to apply for admission in an australian school or something because I already did my first degree here in nigeria and I am not looking at doing masters (I am not ready for masters now) pls is there anyother way to apply for australian visa. I would really appreciate anyone explanation on how do I start the process. Thanks guys
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
^^^^^^
@fbtowner
Start reading from page one.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
ewagbamio:

this is where you implied, quite explicitly, that I used profane words. I did not.
This will be my last statement on this digression, others have kept the thread useful the the rest of us. I will want to be a maker and not a breaker.
Suspicion is not the same as accusation, what you said was questionable and i am entitled to question it: hence my comment was ended with a question mark. Have a good day.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DaRocha: 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
ferdimako:

Bros, must DIBP get the exact documents assessing authority got? For example, when lodging for visa and u use another set of transcript and testimonial.

Please I have gotten my outcome and it was NEGATIVE. I was assessed for the job of Internal Auditor (ANZSCO 221214). I am a Chartered Accountant (ICAN) and my first degree was in Engineering. I worked in an audit firm as an audit trainee before qualifying as a Chartered Accountant. After I qualified, I moved to a bank as an Internal Auditor, of which I still working. I have, however, written back to VETASSESS to complain about the NEGATIVE outcome. However, what caught me my attention (the most) from the report is the statement below.

Membership Certificate completed in xxxx at The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, LAGOS, Nigeria cannot be recognised by VETASSESS as:
At the time of award the awarding institute and/or the qualification was not recognised by the relevant authorities in the country of award

Field of study Accountancy is highly relevant.

In addition, they claimed that my work experience in the Audit firm and the bank as an Internal Auditor

'does not meet the minimum requirements for this occupation as the employment does not follow a qualification at the required level in
a highly relevant field'.

My question is this - IS ICAN NOT RECOGNIZED BY VETASSESS? PLEASE WHAT IS THE BEST WAY FORWARD?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
DaRocha:

Please I have gotten my outcome and it was NEGATIVE. I was assessed for the job of Internal Auditor (ANZSCO 221214). I am a Chartered Accountant (ICAN) and my first degree was in Engineering. I worked in an audit firm as an audit trainee before qualifying as a Chartered Accountant. After I qualified, I moved to a bank as an Internal Auditor, of which I still working. I have, however, written back to VETASSESS to complain about the NEGATIVE outcome. However, what caught me my attention (the most) from the report is the statement below.

Membership Certificate completed in xxxx at The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, LAGOS, Nigeria cannot be recognised by VETASSESS as:
At the time of award the awarding institute and/or the qualification was not recognised by the relevant authorities in the country of award

In addition, they claimed that my work experience in the Audit firm and the bank as an Internal Auditor

'does not meet the minimum requirements for this occupation as the employment does not follow a qualification at the required level in

My question is this - IS ICAN NOT RECOGNIZED BY VETASSESS? PLEASE WHAT IS THE BEST WAY FORWARD?
I believe they will look at your protest. You are almost in the same situation with mayofikky and she got hers approved. Mainly job role is favored more by Canadians.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Manweysabi(m): 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
^^ you would have had a positive response if your first degree was Accounting.
I stand to be corrected, though.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Manweysabi:
My thought exactly but Mayofikky got positive outcome even when her first degree is different from occupational therapy she claimed nomination on.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Manweysabi(m): 10:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
ferdimako:

My thought exactly but Mayofikky got positive outcome even when her first degree is different from occupational therapy she claimed nomination on.

Oh, really? Lucky him.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
ferdimako:

U mean it isn't given immediately-the registry cert?
Nope. To the best of my knowledge, it is not.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
UBKtech:

The truth about this 9ja card issues is that cards from some banks work better than others.

A friend tried to use his Diamond bank card to no avail, even after going to the bank twice to enable the card. He switched to GTB and concluded his transaction on one go.

So save yourself the stress and try another bank. personally, I have only used GTB & ZENITH bank cards and they worked quite well. However, to avoid exchange rate abracadabra, I will advise you to go for US$ denominated card. You can get prepaid MasterCard or Visa card from any of the two banks above, load the dollar equivalent of the transaction amount plus a little extra, enrol for securecode or verified by visa and you are good to go.

Cheers!

Mehn its been a roller coaster of a day today.

Firstbank said i should contact DIBP that it aint their problem since its giving a straight decline. So i moved the money to GTB. It also declined. Moved to my wife's GTB, also declined.

Next stop which i hope works, is to fund my wife's GTB dollar acct and request for a GTB dollar mastercard. Pls guys is this option a certainty? And how long does GTB take to deliver a dollar mastercard?

The whole thingy is so annoying and tiring.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 11:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
DaRocha:

ICAN is recognized. I think what VETASSESS is saying is tht a background in Accounting is required. Its good you protested and hopefully they will reconsider. Is VETASSESS the only assessing authority for internal auditors? If CPA or ICAA are optional assessing authorities, you may want to use them instead of VETASSESS
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 12:09am On Mar 10, 2015
DaRocha:

Sorry for the negative outcome of your assessment. For you to get positive outcome in most of the nominated occupations, it is expected that your first degree should be related except where it categorically stated that experience can substitude.

For example,no matter how well experienced you might be in Engineering and if you did not have first degree/Diploma in Engineering, you would never get positive assessment from Engineers Australia. It is always wise to check the ANZCO code on ABS website to know the job description and the relevant qualification required before applying for assessment at all. All you need is to just google the code.

I will advise whoever wants to study in Australia, with the intention of living here permanently to always consider occupation that is either on SOL/CSOL list except by marriage to an Australian. If you had no previous experience in any occupation that is on the list, then you must study a course that is related to any occupation on the SOL/CSOL list. So, please do not come to Australia to waste your time with the mindset that after my study I will get PR. Your course has to be on the list and you must also meet the required points (60points) except by marriage to any Australian PR holder or citizen.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lilspiceyy(f): 12:11am On Mar 10, 2015
mrnilobrawn:
^^^^^^
@fbtowner
Start reading from page one.
Lol. We meet again @nilobrown

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 12:19am On Mar 10, 2015
Manweysabi:
Seconded! Your first degree matters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.