Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752887 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 10, 2015
@nnbb2012, wow. So y d rush to get studied for two years when the state can only donate 5 or 10 points while u rake in the rest? But to see Aussie wife no dey easy grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 10, 2015
izykvision0:

Mehn its been a roller coaster of a day today.

Firstbank said i should contact DIBP that it aint their problem since its giving a straight decline. So i moved the money to GTB. It also declined. Moved to my wife's GTB, also declined.

Next stop which i hope works, is to fund my wife's GTB dollar acct and request for a GTB dollar mastercard. Pls guys is this option a certainty? And how long does GTB take to deliver a dollar mastercard?

The whole thingy is so annoying and tiring.
The dollar MasterCard should be it. What a rollercoaster!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 10, 2015
Manweysabi:

Oh, really? Lucky him.
her.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:30am On Mar 10, 2015
cherries1:

Did your friend try using Diamond bank card in OZ and it didn't pay? If yes, then, he did not apply for his card to be unlocked before leaving Naija. Diamond bank blocks overseas access to their cards so, if you are travelling outside the country, u need to apply for access to be granted. You can apply for either unlimited or limited access. I didn't arrive OZ with any cash, Firstbank Mastercard paid me at Kualar Lumpur(in Malaysian Ringgits) while Dbank paid me at Sydney. I have been using my Dbank VISA card in over 4 different ATMs in OZ without problems and with better exchange rate than Fbank.

He was using it while in Nigeria, he even went to the bank to unlock overseas transactions for 1month and it did not go thru as well. But he used the same card to withdraw some cash at Melbourne airport when he arrived.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 2:32am On Mar 10, 2015
ferdimako:
@nnbb2012, wow. So y d rush to get studied for two years when the state can only donate 5 or 10 points while u rake in the rest? But yo see Aussie wife no dry easy grin
Why e no easy?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 10, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Why e no easy?
I think they prefer their own... or u have to be content with what is available to u. Clash of culture may not allow u too.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:09am On Mar 10, 2015
izykvision0:

Mehn its been a roller coaster of a day today.

Firstbank said i should contact DIBP that it aint their problem since its giving a straight decline. So i moved the money to GTB. It also declined. Moved to my wife's GTB, also declined.

Next stop which i hope works, is to fund my wife's GTB dollar acct and request for a GTB dollar mastercard. Pls guys is this option a certainty? And how long does GTB take to deliver a dollar mastercard?

The whole thingy is so annoying and tiring.

How much are you paying when converted to Naira? If it is more than 1M, it will decline since you have a 1M limit for online transaction.

It takes about two weeks for the dollar card to be ready.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2015
Mayofikky:

Hi, i experienced the same issue. I even called DIBP who also tried from the backend and still gave a decline message. To save yourself from the stress look for someone with a dollar account and ask the person to assist you in paying with his or her card (international card).
Ours went through with the help of my friend who had Bank of America account / card.

Hello All,

Finally paid. A friend helped to pay with a Bank of America card. Na wa o. We thank God.
The countdown begins now with anxiety...lol..no be small thing o.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jimbass(m): 9:15am On Mar 10, 2015
@bossladyMo, please how do I contact you regarding some questions about visa subclass190,
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 10, 2015
izykvision0:

Hello All,

Finally paid. A friend helped to pay with a Bank of America card. Na wa o. We thank God.
The countdown begins now with anxiety...lol..no be small thing o.
No worries..with ur frontloading...in few days.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 10:13am On Mar 10, 2015
jimbass:
@bossladyMo, please how do I contact you regarding some questions about visa subclass190,

Ask the question, you may get more than enough info than the private message.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Manweysabi(m): 10:19am On Mar 10, 2015
ferdimako:

her.
Lucky her cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jimbass(m): 10:32am On Mar 10, 2015
bellong:

Ask the question, you may get more than enough info than the private message.
Ok, wld like to know if someone with 573 visa, can switch to 190 visa within 3 months of arrival. I noticed that I actually qualified for 190visa, but I found out just last week. Also any idea how long it might take?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 11:43am On Mar 10, 2015
jimbass:

Ok, wld like to know if someone with 573 visa, can switch to 190 visa within 3 months of arrival. I noticed that I actually qualified for 190visa, but I found out just last week. Also any idea how long it might take?

You can apply for subclass 190 if you meet the requirements. If granted, the 573 would be cancelled and you will be on 190. How long is dependent on many factors. You should read all the steps involved.

Goodluck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by atrapon(m): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2015
Happytbaby,i need u now more dan eva b4..usq sent me a gte form,,asked to show proof of fund..am i to send my statement of account
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
bellong:

How much are you paying when converted to Naira? If it is more than 1M, it will decline since you have a 1M limit for online transaction.

It takes about two weeks for the dollar card to be ready.

It was 958k thereabout.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
izykvision0:

It was 958k thereabout.

ok.. event has overtaken any possible advice cheesy
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gnykelly(m): 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
I don't know why you guys are leaving this country. haven't you heard of the almajiri schools, and other good things the transformation train President good luck is doing. you guys are missing. lol.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
gnykelly:
I don't know why you guys are leaving this country. haven't you heard of the almajiri schools, and other good things the transformation train President good luck is doing. you guys are missing. lol.
hahaha we dey come tongue

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
gnykelly:
Have you enrol your kids into the school yet? We ar coming grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
gnykelly:

Don't worry we are coming in Gej train

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by born2lead01: 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
Great thread! Started reading from page zero since 4days ago and now on page 245. Will be needing the info as i will be starting my application either for a student visa or PR before the year runs out.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 11:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
hello,

Is the form 1221 for dependents mandatory? I've already filled form 80.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 11, 2015
UBKtech:

He was using it while in Nigeria, he even went to the bank to unlock overseas transactions for 1month and it did not go thru as well. But he used the same card to withdraw some cash at Melbourne airport when he arrived.

If I understood you correctly, he unlocked it for one month. If he unlocked for one month, after one month, the card will be blocked. I unlocked for Malaysia for a week and Australia indefinitely.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 1:29am On Mar 11, 2015
born2lead01:
Great thread! Started reading from page zero since 4days ago and now on page 245. Will be needing the info as i will be starting my application either for a student visa or PR before the year runs out.

Good boy lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 11, 2015
If the wedding was done in a Catholic Church, there is no need to get another government certificate....as the Catholic church marriage certificate bears the Federal Government emblem, as well as the Catholic Church's emblem. The Priest, while conducting the wedding. serves as both a representative of the government and of the Church.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 11, 2015
For the person who got the negative assessment... I remember seeing somewhere that ICAN is not recognised. On the list of approved bodies for accountancy, I could not se ICAN on the list.

I stand corrected though.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chookudi(m): 8:08am On Mar 11, 2015
ICAN actually is recognised. But usually you need an accounting first degree to get a positive assessment. Preacher got his visa through this route. My gf has a first degree in accounting but failed the assessment because she did not attach the original ICAN certificate and transcripts given after induction since she hasn't done the induction. In a nutshell yes it is recognized

bossladyMo:
For the person who got the negative assessment... I remember seeing somewhere that ICAN is not recognised. On the list of approved bodies for accountancy, I could not se ICAN on the list.

I stand corrected though.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 11, 2015
bossladyMo:
If the wedding was done in a Catholic Church, there is no need to get another government certificate....as the Catholic church marriage certificate bears the Federal Government emblem, as well as the Catholic Church's emblem. The Priest, while conducting the wedding. serves as both a representative of the government and of the Church.

Not exactly sure the bolded is correct, I believe they issue two certs. One from the church and another from the registry, but both processes are integrated. During my time, I opted out of the registry aspect, since we had already done that on our own.

Having said that, the Catholic church is a recognised place of marriage, meaning they have authority under the law to conduct marriages & issue certs thereof.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by happytbaby: 11:26am On Mar 11, 2015
Laugh wan keeeee meee

gnykelly:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hello,

For peops that have gained PR, apart from the grant email, does DIBP send photo cards to home addresses here in naija like canada or its gotten in Aussy or not at all?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
izykvision0:
Hello,

For peops that have gained PR, apart from the grant email, does DIBP send photo cards to home addresses here in naija like canada or its gotten in Aussy or not at all?

What is the function of a photo card?

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.