Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (758225 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
oyetpel: Please what are the requirements for australia student visa for undergraduates..........

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
snowburn:

my visa is not yet out ooo. . .stilling waiting to hear from VFS. . ,just making other arrangements. . .especially the flight booking, can you get a direct flight to Perth? (cos all i'm seeing so far, is naija to sydney)

yeah,use wakanow.com....the visa will soon come..........are you for July 2013 start date.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by talk2salt(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hi all.
Got in last night. Getting to know the place. Just opened a bank account and got me a SIM. Cold and expensive, very, but awesome!!! Looking to accommodation. Rooming at a temporary, and expensive, basic place with some Indians. They are great! Met some Nigerians and we went out looking for.a place. 110 dollars to share a room sounds much but it's the best I've got. Need to get a job soon as I can. Not many options in Wollongong yet. Keep y'all posted....thanks alot y'all.

Much love to y'all
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2013
talk2salt: Hi all.
Got in last night. Getting to know the place. Just opened a bank account and got me a SIM. Cold and expensive, very, but awesome!!! Looking to accommodation. Rooming at a temporary, and expensive, basic place with some Indians. They are great! Met some Nigerians and we went out looking for.a place. 110 dollars to share a room sounds much but it's the best I've got. Need to get a job soon as I can. Not many options in Wollongong yet. Keep y'all posted....thanks alot y'all.

Much love to y'all

Thank God you arrived safely. When is ur class starting? U know u have to start sch before u can work
Pls keep us posted
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
talk2salt: Hi all.

Much love to y'all

Godspeed

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oyetpel(m): 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
cconcept:

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/
I beg please help me state the requirements here, please.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Billionaire001: 10:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
ferdimako:

Did you finally use your IELTS GT results for student visa lodgement?

Yes,you are allowed IELTS GT for student visa application...the embassy has NI issues with it..that's what I used
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Billionaire001: 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
Americanvisa:

wow,it is great hearing from you,success is yours bro,hope you later got a better accommodation?

Yes....l actually stay in a backpacker for two days and sorted out accomodation...its always better to be on ground to sort accomodation...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
Billionaire001:

Yes....l actually stay in a backpacker for two days and sorted out accomodation...its always better to be on ground to sort accomodation...

ok
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 20, 2013
Billionaire001:

Yes,you are allowed IELTS GT for student visa application...the embassy has NI issues with it..that's what I used

Wow, information from those who experienced an event,is the best way to go. I wouldn't have done TOEFL as I am doing my IELTS GT on 21 Sept and use it for both purposes-Student and PR visas. Anyway, am glad I experienced TOEFL once again.Am smelling English language right now.Haha........Am glad again that you've sorted out the accommodation.All the best bro.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by STUNTS007: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2013
@Oyeptel to answer ur question, i will advice you to go back some pages and read through.You can also click on the link you were given.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:37am On Jul 20, 2013
Thanks be to God for the safe arrival of our brothers, Billionaire001 and Talk2salt, to Australia. Please, fly the Green-White-Green flag high and show them that you are from the nation that triumphs above challenges.
I pray excellence for you in your studies and the best of your stay over there; good jobs and also Godspeed in your path to PR. Be a good ambassador of our dear nation in Australia.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by talk2salt(m): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2013
mimi1147:

Thank God you arrived safely. When is ur class starting? U know u have to start sch before u can work
Pls keep us posted

Classes start in two weeks, orientation next. Met a couple of Nigerians. Thank. At a backpacker accommodation, searching for a good deal.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2013
talk2salt:

Classes start in two weeks, orientation next. Met a couple of Nigerians. Thank. At a backpacker accommodation, searching for a good deal.

Hope u get ur accomodation sorted out soon so u can settle in before classes start.

Wollongong looks great right?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hello friends, it's been a while, i am happy about the good news of those that have a successful visa application and those that are intending will have success stories, Amen. I have noticed that there is an increase in the Australian general skilled migration enquiries on this general Australian student visa enquiries thread started by justwise, hence the reason for starting a separate thread on Australian General Skilled Migration Visa Enquiries. You can post all your enquiries there.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
As per the above information, my thot is that we can separate the general skilled migration visa enq. from the student visa enq as a result of the increase in GRM enquiries but the OP advised dt it is beta to leave it the way it is that wen the nid arises, it would b done, so folks i would like to tender my apology hence lets stick with this thread. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by talk2salt(m): 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
mimi1147:

Hope u get ur accomodation sorted out soon so u can settle in before classes start.

Wollongong looks great right?
We'll, moved out of the hotel and I'm in a cheaper, but less convenient place. Hope to sort out better accommodation before the end of the week, at least secure. After that, a parttime job is necessary. But school 1st...so far, Wollongong seems good
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
talk2salt:
We'll, moved out of the hotel and I'm in a cheaper, but less convenient place. Hope to sort out better accommodation before the end of the week, at least secure. After that, a parttime job is necessary. But school 1st...so far, Wollongong seems good

Good to know you are doing ok. Wow from what you're saying about the cost of accommodation you need PT job asap
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by evantical: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
plz house after one's two years study in Australia ,which visa should one apply for the PR. Is it through skill select or another visa. a bit confused with it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oyetpel(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2013
I av passport, toefl, o'level, pls wat else do i need for student visa to australia?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
oyetpel: I av passport, toefl, o'level, pls wat else do i need for student visa to australia?

Do you already have an admission to a school?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 4:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
cconcept:

Do you already have an admission to a school?
And besides, though I am not trying to discourage here, has he calculated the cost of going for an undergraduate program for good 4 years in Australia? I don't think I will advice an international student to go for an undergraduate program in Australia except he/she has scholarship funding available to him/her.
To the young man, try and sit down and count the cost very well so that it wont be a journey one would not like. Australia is more costly than be careful for studying.
Don't find my post offensive please, but see it as a need to calculate very well before going through it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oyetpel(m): 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2013
So all of you here are going fir masters and for work
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2013
oyetpel: So all of you here are going fir masters and for work

Mainly but some go for TAFE.It's just have to be for shorter programs unless you're loaded or a PR.Try to apply for admissions and see for yourself.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by peaky: 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
Dear nairalanders, Please I need your experience here.I have Bsc in accounting and PGDE in education from NTI. Am interested in studing in Australia with the hope of securing PR. Should I apply for Tafe or master programme to realize my dream? Kindly advice me my dear sister.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
peaky: Dear nairalanders, Please I need your experience here.I have Bsc in accounting and PGDE in education from NTI. Am interested in studing in Australia with the hope of securing PR. Should I apply for Tafe or master programme to realize my dream? Kindly advice me my dear sister.

If u have worked for some yrs now. Go via PR from here.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 2:08am On Jul 22, 2013
Introduction of a Biometrics Trial in Nigeria

On 29 July 2013, we will commence a trial collecting biometrics (fingerprints and facial image) from visa applicants in Nigeria. Visa applicants, regardless of their nationality, who are physically in Nigeria when applying for a visa to enter Australia, will need to provide their biometrics unless they are exempted or excluded from doing so by our policy.

We have an existing agreement with VFS Global to provide Australian visa lodgement services in Nigeria at Australian Visa Application Centres (AVAC) in Abuja and Lagos. From July 2013, we will commence collecting biometrics at the existing centres.

Show allHide all

Visa application lodgement and the biometric data collection process

From July 2013, visa applicants in Nigeria and their dependants who present in person at one of the existing Australian Visa Application Centres (AVAC) to lodge their application will be asked to provide their biometrics at the same time. We encourage this option as the most efficient and cost effective biometric submission option for visa applicants in Nigeria.

Alternatively visa applicants in Nigeria who submit their application by mail will be sent a requirement letter asking them and any dependant applicants to attend one of the Visa Application Centres in person to provide their biometrics while the case is being assessed. This option may mean the visa assessment process takes longer to finalise.

All family members included in a visa application need to attend in person together to have their biometrics collected at the same time.

What is Biometrics

The term 'biometrics' commonly refers to a measurable physical characteristic or personal behavioural trait that is unique to an individual such as fingerprints, facial structure, the iris or a person's voice. Biometric data is an important tool in identity management globally, helping countries reduce fraud and integrity risks. France, Ireland, Japan, the United Kingdom, the United States of America and countries in the Middle East have already introduced biometrics to improve visa and border checking processes.

Biometrics are collected at the AVACs using a quick, discreet and non-intrusive process that captures a facial image with a digital camera and a 10-digit fingerprint scan with a digital finger scanner.

The offshore biometrics program

The biometrics in visa processing offshore program is an Australian Government initiative that introduces biometric collection into the offshore visa application process. Over the past three years we have been introducing biometric data collection into the offshore visa lodgement and assessment processes as part of a whole of government strategic response to identity management.

The offshore biometrics program began in December 2010 and has now been rolled out to 19 countries: Bahrain, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Ethiopia, France, Ghana, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates, Yemen and Zimbabwe.

Visa subclasses included in the biometrics program

For a list of visa subclasses that require biometrics to be collected from visa applicants, see the inclusions list on our website.
See: Biometrics collection outside Australia - list of included visa subclasses

Who is exempted or excluded from providing biometrics

Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and New Zealand citizens are excluded from biometrics collection.

We will not collect fingerprints from applicants who are under 15 years of age, incapable persons, or those physically unable to provide a fingerprint scan. They will still need to provide a digitial facial photograph.

If an applicant is an incapable person or under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian will be asked to give consent and be present when biometrics are collected.

Australian Visa Application Centres (AVAC) contact details

The Abuja AVAC is located at:

No. 38 Lobito Crescent,
Wuse-2. Abuja, Nigeria
Telephone: 098701519
Email: info.ausng@vfshelpline.com
Opening hours: 8 am - 3 pm
Business days: Monday - Friday (except holidays observed by the Australian High Commission)

The Lagos AVAC is located at:

No. 16 Billings Way,
Oregun Industrial Area,
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: 098701519
Email: info.ausng@vfshelpline.com
Opening hours: 8 am - 3 pm
Business days: Monday - Friday (except holidays observed by the Australian High Commission)

The role of the AVACs in Nigeria is to collect biometrics from visa applicants at the time of visa application lodgement or from applicants who have been required to provide biometrics as part of the assessment of their visa application. The AVACs in Nigeria will send that data to us through a secure gateway.

The AVACs in Nigeria will not:
•provide advice to applicants regarding the subclass or class of visa that they should apply for
•provide advice to applicants as to whether their application is likely to be approved or refused
•provide any immigration advice.

Staff at the AVACs in Nigeria have no involvement in the decision-making process or have any knowledge of the application outcome.

More information

For more information about lodging your visa application in Nigeria visit the following websites.
See: www.vfsglobal.com/australia/nigeria/

For more information about the biometrics program visit the department's website.
See: Biometrics Collection Outside Australia
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 2:50am On Jul 22, 2013
This is a sad news for me.@jenny i need your advice again as it really helped me to sort out about medical check now it is biometric,me must jump and pass.As you know,i dont reside in Nigeria and how can i go about this issue of biometric because i will not be in Nigeria during my wife application submission.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 22, 2013
Americanvisa: This is a sad news for me.@jenny i need your advice again as it really helped me to sort out about medical check now it is biometric,me must jump and pass.As you know,i dont reside in Nigeria and how can i go about this issue of biometric because i will not be in Nigeria during my wife application submission.

Where did u see Jenny?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lanlo: 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
Pls,i need info on payment of school fee (second session ). is it immediate on arrival or is it till prior to the start of another session. THANKS.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
lanlo: Pls,i need info on payment of school fee (second session ). is it immediate on arrival or is it till prior to the start of another session. THANKS.

What? U should knw if u a on ground.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
ferdimako:

Where did u see Jenny?

Is she no longer available here

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.