Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (755947 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2013
Americanvisa: Can one lodge visa application online pls

Not yet available for people applying for student visas in Nigeria but if it's PR visa application, that is the only way to apply.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
ferdimako:

Not yet available for people applying for student visas in Nigeria but if it's PR visa application, that is the only way to apply.

thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
Jenny,i hope you are safe,we need you ever,come to our rescue plzzzzzzzz,your absence here makes this thread dull
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
zoe iyke:
Thanks bro I checked dis site nd discovered there r lots nd lots of materials to download under d readin,writin,listenin nd speakin aspect I dunno if I hav 2 download dem all inoda 2 prepare 4 d test cos dey r jst too much... Plz I nid ur help on this

Read as much as you can, the more the merrier. But make sure you cover the Fours aspects of the test. Best of luck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
UBKtech:

Read as much as you can, the more the merrier. But make sure you cover the Fours aspects of the test. Best of luck

what is the best way to tackle the listening part because i find it difficult than other parts
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
Americanvisa:

what is the best way to tackle the listening part because i find it difficult than other parts

Read the passages,(there is always 30secs to do that) and anticipate them when listening.Then scramble your answers on the provided spaces.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
ferdimako:

Read the passages,(there is always 30secs to do that) and anticipate them when listening.Then scramble your answers on the provided spaces.

well am not the one taking the exam but madam,do you put down the answers as you are listening or after listening
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
Americanvisa:

well am not the one taking the exam but madam,do you put down the answers as you are listening or after listening

The former.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holahola78(f): 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
ferdimako:

The former.

Likewise u have 10mins to cross check or copy to d answer booklet after the listening test. Isn't it?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
holahola78:

Likewise u have 10mins to cross check or copy to d answer booklet after the listening test. Isn't it?

Yeah. I believe with a headset, you can get 7 or above.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah. I believe with a headset, you can get 7 or above.

Can I go with my headset or its usually provided @ the centre. Also, do they normally take d speaking test d same day?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
posdream:

Can I go with my headset or its usually provided @ the centre. Also, do they normally take d speaking test d same day?

No, it has to be theirs. You can be scheduled to speak that day, a day before that day or after exam day.I just registered via online.I am preparing for mine on Sep 21 in Abuja. This is what am after now for my PR moves.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
ferdimako:

The former.

ok
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
UBKtech:

U mean I have to download all the materials under the four categories of d exam,mehn dts gonna b too much,z dere a way 1 can get d hard copy of d preparatory materials or z d online copy better?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
ferdimako:

No, it has to be theirs. You can be scheduled to speak that day, a day before that day or after exam day.I just registered via online.I am preparing for mine on Sep 21 in Abuja. This is what am after now for my PR moves.

great,God will surely answer our prayers, we will all get our desired scores IJN. mine is for AUG 29th and sincerely i have read almost all the free practices online now i feel like im getting lazy because i have nothing else to read, just doing revision all over and over again. my problem is the speaking and i am still very scared about it... i pray God help me...i looked myself in the mirror and practice but the wahala be say i just cant stop laughing. i talk alone now even when i'm walking alone. its just so sad i'm the shy type,i cant even look into my hubby's eyes when we practice together, i just dey laugh...so unserious about the speaking o. I AM EXPECTING A REAL MIRACLE
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by peaky: 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
Dear Nairalanders,
HHow do.I start the PR visa. Please assist me on how to go about securing australia visa.I have been working for the past 9 years. I read accounting and have pgde in education.
PleAse assist me on how to start it.I have enough financial resources. i
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
posdream:

great,God will surely answer our prayers, we will all get our desired scores IJN. mine is for AUG 29th and sincerely i have read almost all the free practices online now i feel like im getting lazy because i have nothing else to read, just doing revision all over and over again. my problem is the speaking and i am still very scared about it... i pray God help me...i looked myself in the mirror and practice but the wahala be say i just cant stop laughing. i talk alone now even when i'm walking alone. its just so sad i'm the shy type,i cant even look into my hubby's eyes when we practice together, i just dey laugh...so unserious about the speaking o. I AM EXPECTING A REAL MIRACLE
I hav IELTS exam to write by 17 of august in PH and I hav nt strted readin due to my tight work schedule,do u tink I can stil meet up nd pass d exam,r ur preparatory materials in hardcopy,cos I am havin dificulties comprehendin som of d online materials.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by century106: 3:16am On Jul 25, 2013
Well I have the speaking test in less than 7 hours and I haven't prepared any bit. I just have this non sense believe that since I have studied english from Nursery through university that I need not stress over it. I hope I dont make a mess of myself by 11am today... Pray for me
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 3:25am On Jul 25, 2013
Have you read that ielts buddy,it is very important.That exam is not some thing of knowing English but to know how to narrate your stories
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by STUNTS007: 7:05am On Jul 25, 2013
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by STUNTS007: 7:07am On Jul 25, 2013
IELTS is a very good test of ones proficiency level in English language.I got a 7.5 overall score(Academic),and i used about 2 weeks to prepare for this exam. I took mine in Abuja, 3rd week of February in Gwarimpa. The main material i used was the British Council online 30 hours preparation website and the British Council IELTS webpage.I just went through this IELTS buddy website a few minutes ago, and i can see its very informative too.

The key to getting a very high score is proper preparation. A thorough understanding of the exam format, requirements and timing is key. The next is being able to review the exam under timed conditions. The listening part just requires focus,don't be distracted on that day. Answer the questions as they come, and anticipate what the speakers will say next.

The reading part is also very cool.For any avid reader of novels,books, magazines, blogs etc that individuals reading speed would have increased significantly and the individual will be able to cover longer passages in shorter periods.Understanding tricks required to answer the different question formats is also very important.For most parts, you may not need to read the whole passage.Getting the correct answers might just require reading the introduction, conclusion and skimming through the body of the text. I heard the British Council material sold for N4000 is also very informative.

For the speaking part,just do the following; maintain eye contact, gesture effectively, ooze confidence as you speak,use grammatically correct sentences, comprehensively answer the questions you were asked and make good use of your time.In the writing part, use a pencil so that you can easily erase.Before the exam date,write as many essays as you can.

In summary,anyone that practices very well under timed conditions will definitely excel.For those of you planning and preparing for this exam , i really wish you guys all the best.

@Fikzy, i haven't seen/heard you in a while on this forum.Are you in Melbourne now ?

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 7:29am On Jul 25, 2013
zoe iyke:
I hav IELTS exam to write by 17 of august in PH and I hav nt strted readin due to my tight work schedule,do u tink I can stil meet up nd pass d exam,r ur preparatory materials in hardcopy,cos I am havin dificulties comprehendin som of d online materials.

Our brains are different o. I study online. So many sites. I have a lot of them if u will like to use them. They are free to practice and also u will be timed. There are books here @UI for IELTS but all are just theoretical no practice test except for the reading and writing. There's a site that rate speaking on skype but its so hard because of mtn fastlink wahala. Some site also rate your writing,free for 2 write ups. I feel you just have to create time for yourself. There are loads of exercises on the internet. Maybe some weekends. I'm self employed so I study freely. Also, I am a constant reader if I don't do that na miracle or fluke to pass. (Known that for long). Some people prepared for just one week and scored their desired marks. But for me? Hmmm. That's why I registered since june. If u knw u are capable then no prob. But I will advise @ least 2 hrs daily on a test. It will do u a great good. Especially in writing,I learnt abt some phrases and adverbs used to describe things,time and surprises. Some people claimed they don't need training at all. I found out that this exam locks simple but uhm...I'll advise u take some time to study o.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 7:34am On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=century106]Well I have the speaking test in less than 7 hours and I haven't prepared any bit. I just have this non sense believe that since I have studied english from Nursery through university that I need not stress over it. I hope I dont make a mess of myself by 11am today... Pray for me[/quote

When did u do the reading,listening and writing? Is the speaking scheduled for another day? Please I'll like to know cos I'll be travelling from Ibadan to Lagos for this test and I don't want to stay overnight. Please explain.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 7:47am On Jul 25, 2013
posdream:

Our brains are different o. I study online. So many sites. I have a lot of them if u will like to use them. They are free to practice and also u will be timed. There are books here @UI for IELTS but all are just theoretical no practice test except for the reading and writing. There's a site that rate speaking on skype but its so hard because of mtn fastlink wahala. Some site also rate your writing,free for 2 write ups. I feel you just have to create time for yourself. There are loads of exercises on the internet. Maybe some weekends. I'm self employed so I study freely. Also, I am a constant reader if I don't do that na miracle or fluke to pass. (Known that for long). Some people prepared for just one week and scored their desired marks. But for me? Hmmm. That's why I registered since june. If u knw u are capable then no prob. But I will advise @ least 2 hrs daily on a test. It will do u a great good. Especially in writing,I learnt abt some phrases and adverbs used to describe things,time and surprises. Some people claimed they don't need training at all. I found out that this exam locks simple but uhm...I'll advise u take some time to study o.
Thanks bro pls can I have the materials ure usin to prepare? This z my email adress:: onyegbulaikechukwu@yahoo.com.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holahola78(f): 8:54am On Jul 25, 2013
zoe iyke:
Thanks bro pls can I have the materials ure usin to prepare? This z my email adress:: onyegbulaikechukwu@yahoo.com.

Posdream is a lady o. Lolzzz.
All of us will succeed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:03am On Jul 25, 2013
Wetin dey do all of una IELTS brains sef? No be English? Na so so una go dey form say una no sabi anything at all; "I dey shy", "I no sabi read under timing", "I no sabi speak well" etc, and na una go come tell us say una score 8.0 overall.
Take ya time o before I vex for all of una.

There is a difference between writing exams and knowing the strategy to use to write and pass them. Seriously, I had less time to practise, like a week, but what I did was to use Barron's guide to guide me on the reading and writing section.
All the best, my compatriots.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2013
Aiming to score high in any English language test for English language users like Nigerians would have been as a result of many previous years of excellent use of the language. Hope you get what I mean.

Nonetheless, I have a couple of tips:

Listening: When you sit for the exam, be quick enough to have snippets
of the questions before the listening test proper. This will help in letting
you know the relevant info you need to provide as answers. In any case,
a warm up session would be done before commencement. It's instructive
that if and when you miss out on a question, don't whine/sulk as you
may miss out on more. Move on. You may come back to make reasonable
guesses for such.

Reading: What is often the problem here is interpreting the info in the
excerpts or comprehensions given. Don't give answers based on what YOU
THINK IS CORRECT but what THE AUTHOR OF THE COMPREHENSION IS
ALLUDING. Your opinion is not what is sought but what can be inferred
from the passages. Scan through the questions first. It'll help you recognise the answers when reading the comprehension passages.

Writing: I must confess, it's only how good your writing skills that have been acquired over the years are that will save you here. Howbeit, try to
understand the topic/discourse first, have an idea of the points you
want to elaborate (make an outline) and write in a simple, easy-to-understand language. Keep it simple. Just like writing WAEC English exam. Write with pencil. You'd easily erase to make corrections or change ideas.

Speaking: Relax, take the first few seconds to arrange your thoughts
and go ahead as if you're gisting with a pal. Avoid the use of slangs.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 25, 2013
manmeta: Aiming to score high in any English language test for English language users like Nigerians would have been as a result of many previous years of excellent use of the language. Hope you get what I mean.

Nonetheless, I have a couple of tips:

Listening: When you sit for the exam, be quick enough to have snippets
of the questions before the listening test proper. This will help in letting
you know the relevant info you need to provide as answers. In any case,
a warm up session would be done before commencement. It's instructive
that if and when you miss out on a question, don't whine/sulk as you
may miss out on more. Move on. You may come back to make reasonable
guesses for such.

Reading: What is often the problem here is interpreting the info in the
excerpts or comprehensions given. Don't give answers based on what YOU
THINK IS CORRECT but what THE AUTHOR OF THE COMPREHENSION IS
ALLUDING. Your opinion is not what is sought but what can be inferred
from the passages. Scan through the questions first. It'll help you recognise the answers when reading the comprehension passages.

Writing: I must confess, it's only how good your writing skills that have been acquired over the years are that will save you here. Howbeit, try to
understand the topic/discourse first, have an idea of the points you
want to elaborate (make an outline) and write in a simple, easy-to-understand language. Keep it simple. Just like writing WAEC English exam. Write with pencil. You'd easily erase to make corrections or change ideas.

Speaking: Relax, take the first few seconds to arrange your thoughts
and go ahead as if you're gisting with a pal. Avoid the use of slangs.

All the best.

Good one! But my brother, I'm still in need of that thing oh.How're u and fam?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2013
peaky: Dear Nairalanders,
HHow do.I start the PR visa. Please assist me on how to go about securing visa.I have been working for the past 9 years. I read accounting and have pgde in education.
PleAse assist me on how to start have enough financial resources. i

Please read this process here: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/A_Rough_Guide_to_Australian_General_Skilled_Migration.

Summary
1 Check if your skill is on the list and the assessing body

2 Check if you have required points.
3 Do IELTS to earn you more points and maybe required by your assessing body.
4 Get positive assessment and required point
5 Submit EOI
6 Wait for invitation to lodge and gather all your documents (refer to the documents checklist)
7 Lodge your application
8 Arrange and submit your Medical and your Police clearance
9 Wait for decision from DIAC
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 11:33am On Jul 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.