Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,117 members, 7,860,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:45 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (762918 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
mimi1147: @ ferdimako
You are going for MSC right? Which uni?

Everything's on my signature.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
ferdimako:

You've to find and align with what suits your work duties. If you've not worked before, then no need going to skillselect.

AN GOING FOR MSC BECAUSE WITH MY CURRENT JOB FUNCTION I DOUBT IF I FIT INTO ANY JOB IN D SKILL SELECT. I CURRENTLY WORK AS A SALE OFFICER IN A DEPOT AND MY PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE WAS IN ADMIN SO I DIDN'T WANT TO BOTHER MYSELF ON THE PR STUFF. BUT I NO GO LIE THE MONEY FOR THE MSC IS SCARING SOME SHA
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
everG:

AN GOING FOR MSC BECAUSE WITH MY CURRENT JOB FUNCTION I DOUBT IF I FIT INTO ANY JOB IN D SKILL SELECT. I CURRENTLY WORK AS A SALE OFFICER IN A DEPOT AND MY PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE WAS IN ADMIN SO I DIDN'T WANT TO BOTHER MYSELF ON THE PR STUFF. BUT I NO GO LIE THE MONEY FOR THE MSC IS SCARING SOME SHA

Yeah and that's why I am working on my PR really hard from Nigeria. When it matures, hopefully within a year am in Australia, I will make good use of that status. I don't want to wait for PR while in Nigeria because that will make me jobless as I'm leaving my crippling workplace.I don't want to go live with my brothers because I don't understand them. Even my school fees will be bankrolled by my pal---am happy I have him.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah and that's why I am working on my PR really hard from Nigeria. When it matures, hopefully within a year am in Australia, I will make good use of that status. I don't want to wait for PR while in Nigeria because that will make me jobless as I'm leaving my crippling workplace.I don't want to go live with my brothers because I don't understand them. Even my school fees will be bankrolled by my pal---am happy I have him.
@Ferdimako
Do they accept toefl for PR? If they don't it means u have to write another exam
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ziashi(m): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
@Mimi u can always reorder ur original TOEFL result. thesame thing happened to me but i later reordered mine. they charge abt $18 for dat
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
mimi1147:
@Ferdimako
Do they accept toefl for PR? If they don't it means u have to write another exam

No,PR requires IELTS or OET.But you can use IELTS for both PR and Student visa applications.I'm doing IELTS GT on Sep 21 in Abuja.I'm expecting my boss to finish up with my skill reference letter and offer letters and wait on my school to get me my transcript and notification of results or testimonial will do before I go for skill evaluation with ACS as award cert will be ready in January.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
ziashi: @Mimi u can always reorder ur original TOEFL result. thesame thing happened to me but i later reordered mine. they charge abt $18 for dat

Yes I can reorder and they said it will take 6weeks to get to me

How long did urs take?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2013
ferdimako:

No PR requires IELTS or OET.But you can use IELTS for both PR and Student visa applications.

Yeah that's what I thought
Will be writing mine next year
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
mimi1147:

Yes I can reorder and they said it will take 6weeks to get to me

How long did urs take?

Will that affect your time to lodge for visa? When do u want to lodge?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
ferdimako:

DON'T ACTUALLY KNW HW U INTEND TO ACHIEVE THE ABOVE, CN U TRO MORE LIGHT ON DAT
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
everG:

DON'T ACTUALLY KNW HW U INTEND TO ACHIEVE THE ABOVE, CN U TRO MORE LIGHT ON DAT

I am processing my PR alongside the student visa. That is all I know.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
ferdimako:

Will that affect your time to lodge for visa? When do u want to lodge?

I want to use toefl to lodge in
Will write IELTS for PR later during studies
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bevybay(f): 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
I contacted the engineers australia and this was the reply they sent me along application form.

Thank you for your enquiry.

As your undergraduate qualification is from Nigeria, you will need to submit a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR). I have here attached a copy of our booklet, which explains the procedure and the relevant application form for your convenience.

Please note that Nigeria is considered a country where English is an official language of instruction in Higher Education. Therefore, you are eligible to request an exemption from the provision of IELTS results based on this. However, it is important to note that your case officer reserves the right to request IELTS results at a minimum of Level 6 in each of the four categories at any stage of the assessment process.

Kind regards,
Sybilla Grady

Migration Skills Assessment Team
Education and Assessment
Engineers Australia
11 National Circuit
BARTON ACT
Australia 2600
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holahola78(f): 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
ferdimako:

No,PR requires IELTS or OET.But you can use IELTS for both PR and Student visa applications.

Please ferdimako. I asked a question here earlier but no one seems to answer or maybe it was omitted.
HERE
I am the primary applicant and my hubby will be joining me later but not now because of his Job. Say like 2months after I had gone. Will he need the $18610 also in an acct. Like the sponsor acct I'm going to use. Or will I just invite him over?
Thanking u. Please I will appreciate contributions from Others as well. @posdream,@manmeta,@mimi1147,@smile4davo. Please I need a quick answer. Ty.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
holahola78:

Please ferdimako. I asked a question here earlier but no one seems to answer or maybe it was omitted.
HERE
I am the primary applicant and my hubby will be joining me later but not now because of his Job. Say like 2months after I had gone. Will he need the $18610 also in an acct. Like the sponsor acct I'm going to use. Or will I just invite him over?
Thanking u. Please I will appreciate contributions from Others as well. @posdream,@manmeta,@mimi1147,@smile4davo. Please I need a quick answer. Ty.

I'M not really sure about this so i stand to be corrected
i think you should have the $18610 + the other stated amount for your dependent in your sponsor acct, so both of you can get the visa and he can come join you in 2months time
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
For your hubby,you need to declare 6515 plus 3000 for trans
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by smile4davo: 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
Americanvisa: For your hubby,you need to declare 6515 plus 3000 for trans

@all I'm @ d airPORT about2 PORT will check on u guys when I land. @americanvisa, I'll send d mail when I arrive. Good luck2 every1 waiting4 their visa
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
smile4davo:

@all I'm @ d airPORT about2 PORT will check on u guys when I land. @americanvisa, I'll send d mail when I arrive. Good luck2 every1 waiting4 their visa

safe trip
don't forget to keep in touch
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2013
smile4davo:

That's nice,safe journey bro
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2013
holahola78:

HERE

Oh, I did see it but am unmarried and don't know much.But I know you've to include your spouse now and anything they need now is all you should worry about and provide.I don't think he'll apply for his visa separately.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
smile4davo:

Safe trip.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
bevybay: I contacted the engineers australia and this was the reply they sent me along application form.

As your undergraduate qualification is from Nigeria, you will need to submit a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR). I have here attached a copy of our booklet, which explains the procedure and the relevant application form for your convenience.

Please note that Nigeria is considered a country where English is an official language of instruction in Higher Education. Therefore, you are eligible to request an exemption from the provision of IELTS results based on this. However, it is important to note that your case officer reserves the right to request IELTS results at a minimum of Level 6 in each of the four categories at any stage of the assessment process.

Kind regards,
Sybilla Grady

Education and Assessment
Engineers Australia
11 National Circuit
BARTON ACT
Australia 2600

Making progress.I hope it's something you can do.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
holahola78:

HERE
In your visa application, did you put in your husband? If yes, then you would have to show evidence of funds for the 2 of you for the first one year. If no, you can't invite him to come over like that. He would have to apply by himself, just like you are now.
Kindly go through the previous posts, as we have talked about it before or check the DIAC website, as I can't even remember those things again unlike before.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 11:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
bevybay: I contacted the engineers australia and this was the reply they sent me along application form.

Kind regards,
Sybilla Grady

Education and Assessment
Engineers Australia
11 National Circuit
BARTON ACT
Australia 2600

Hi. Exemption from IELTS is a good one for you. It will save you time in sending your application to EA. In any case, writing the CDR is the major task here. Give it your best shot. Let me know if you need help.

Nonetheless, you have to write IELTS for your PR visa application to DIAC. GT will do and it's easier. Give it also your best shot. 6.0 = 0 points; 7.0 = 10 points; 8.0 = 20 points.

All the best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 11:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
holahola78:

HERE

Hi.

You have to meet all DIAC requirements as if both of you will be departing at the same. Once your visas are approved, you'd decide to leave any time before the expiry of your arrival date.

If you don't meet the joint requirements now, he may have to apply in his own capacity and it may be more rigorous and expensive.

All the best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ubison(m): 2:37am On Aug 03, 2013
posdream: Happy New month to everyone on this thread. May this month announce each and everyone of us for good.
This is my IELTS month. I pray it will be a joyful one and a month of positive turn around. For IELTS takers, may we all succeed and achieve our desired band score to progress.
For the PR seekers, may you share ur testimonies here soon.
For the information seekers, may you find the best connection
Those that have applied for Visa will receive favour
Those of us that are in the process will receive mercy
Those in Oz already will be prosperous
Those contributing to the achievements of others here will be exalted
Those reading and following the thread will contribute with great testimonies.

Whatever category you fall in,say a believing AMEN and God will surprise u.

HAPPY NEW MONTH.
Everything is POSSIBLE.

Amen bro...did you apply 4 IELTS on line or you go to there office?? I wanna apply buh I still need more ideas on how it goes ..pls add me up in Facebook so †̥ђã†̥ we can talk well(ubison nonso).†h♌nks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 5:49am On Aug 03, 2013
ubison:

Amen bro...did you apply 4 IELTS on line or you go to there office?? I wanna apply buh I still need more ideas on how it goes ..pls add me up in Facebook so †̥ђã†̥ we can talk well(ubison nonso).†h♌nks

Firstly, i am not a bro(lol). grin and yes i booked online but i had to pay at the British council office in lagos. some people here like ferdimako paid online,i think through GT debit cards. It is very easy do as you will only need to fill in your names,sex,and passport number. also your address, email and phone number.

If your payment is successful, you will have assess to a-30 hr free online training in all the 4 sections of the exam. Furthermore, you will be able to use your email and the ref no to check your portal at anytime and also to check your results after all.

Here are the steps i took to get myself booked for the exam, i hope it helps

1. check this weblink http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/
click on the FIND A TEST LOCATION
2. ENTER our country Nigeria. (lol) you will see upcoming dates and modules
3. Read and Scroll down, click the BOOK ONLINE BUTTON
4. enter the test dates,modules and locations you wished for, then click find, click on the test date and venue you wished.
5. A declaration page will be shown and u click to agree -then click continue
6. Fill in your details (please be careful while filling, i made a mistake then but thank God it wasn't costly)
7. after all these steps you can either pay online through GTbank Debit card. i actually paid offline at their office in Lagos and the confirmation page was printed out for me.

i took along with me, a recent passport photograph and the photocopy of my international passport.

That's all, easy steps isn't it? be safe
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 5:58am On Aug 03, 2013
posdream:

Firstly, i am not a bro(lol). grin and yes i booked online but i had to pay at the British council office in lagos. some people here like ferdimako paid online,i think through GT debit cards. It is very easy do as you will only need to fill in your names,sex,and passport number. also your address, email and phone number.

If your payment is successful, you will have assess to a-30 hr free online training in all the 4 sections of the exam. Furthermore, you will be able to use your email and the ref no to check your portal at anytime and also to check your results after all.

Here are the steps i took to get myself booked for the exam, i hope it helps

1. check this weblink http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/
click on the FIND A TEST LOCATION
2. ENTER our country Nigeria. (lol) you will see upcoming dates and modules
3. Read and Scroll down, click the BOOK ONLINE BUTTON
4. enter the test dates,modules and locations you wished for, then click find, click on the test date and venue you wished.
5. A declaration page will be shown and u click to agree -then click continue
6. Fill in your details (please be careful while filling, i made a mistake then but thank God it wasn't costly)
7. after all these steps you can either pay online through GTbank Debit card. i actually paid offline at their office in Lagos and the confirmation page was printed out for me.

i took along with me, a recent passport photograph and the photocopy of my international passport.

That's all, easy steps isn't it? be safe

i forgot to mention that the 35k will be in a draft form...from any bank in Nigeria... thats if u r paying offline.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 7:29am On Aug 03, 2013
Americanvisa:

Have you been following this thread before? do you know of any one been turned down by DIAC?
You can move in as couple only if the duration of study is beyond a year..... if you are planning to move in with your partner, simply apply for advanced diploma... it makes sense that way.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holahola78(f): 9:32am On Aug 03, 2013
manmeta:

Hi.

You have to meet all DIAC requirements as if both of you will be departing at the same. Once your visas are approved, you'd decide to leave any time before the expiry of your arrival date.

If you don't meet the joint requirements now, he may have to apply in his own capacity and it may be more rigorous and expensive.

All the best.

Thanks so much. @ferdimako. Thanks to you too. We can't apply together now as he can only come up with my own 18k+ that's almost 4M. Adding his own might be a burden on the family now. But can he still use this same acct. When he's coming? Since he will be my sponsor when I'm leaving.
If I leave first and after 2months he decided to come n join me. Can he use the acct he used for me for himself? And will he just apply as a visitor.

Please I'm sorry for this repetition but I just want to be cleared on this so that we know what we are preparing for. I will also add him and our 2kids as my dependant.

@manmeta I knw u r there so u can still answer a bit more accurate since jennykadry isn't here for now.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 03, 2013
RedReact: Ferdimako, you didn't talk about the Toefl result again. Have you got your result now?
76=W-22,S-17,R-19 and L-18! I'm so tired! Not needed anyway, so am focusing and concentrating on IELTS GT if not na to marry while in Australia and get PR oh.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2013
ferdimako:
76=W-22,S-17,R-19 and L-18! I'm so tired! Not needed anyway, so am focusing and concentrating on IELTS GT if not na to marry while in Australia and get PR oh.

Oh and u need 20 in all bands...mmmmm
Keep ur fingers crossed, u will make IELTS this time
But if it comes to marrying an aussie pls don't forget to invite us ooo
We can't miss that rice... Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.