Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (758150 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
mimi1147: please oooo can anyone answer this question for me
for you to be eligible to apply for graduate work visa after TAFE you most have study in Aussie for

Your course must:

result in the award of a bachelor degree or any higher degree, diploma, advanced diploma, or trade qualification
be closely related to your nominated occupation
be conducted in English
be at least two academic years (92 weeks) duration
be lawfully completed in no less than 16 months
be completed in Australia.
my question is if 2 academic year is 92 weeks and and you most complete your study no less then 16 months, and ur school uses 18weeks in each semester for 2 years study. how do you calculate that?

I stand to be corrected but as I've read every 18months tafe course is 72weeks and that's one and half year. You have to combine ur tafe diploma with an adv. Diploma in order to make up the 92 weeks u said. The adv. Diploma is mostly 6months. And that's additional 24 weeks. Making 72+24=96weeks. I'm not sure what u mentioned abt d 16 months is accurate cos its not possible. Just follow what u have read on this forum and make sure u digest it well. Anyway that's my plan towards PR. Diploma+adv. Diploma.

I welcome any corrections or contributions. We are all here to learn.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
posdream:

I stand to be corrected but as I've read every 18months tafe course is 72weeks and that's one and half year. You have to combine ur tafe diploma with an adv. Diploma in order to make up the 92 weeks u said. The adv. Diploma is mostly 6months. And that's additional 24 weeks. Making 72+24=96weeks. I'm not sure what u mentioned abt d 16 months is accurate cos its not possible. Just follow what u have read on this forum and make sure u digest it well. Anyway that's my plan towards PR. Diploma+adv. Diploma.

I welcome any corrections or contributions. We are all here to learn.
My diploma course is 2yrs because my admission offer is 1yr certificate iv and 1yr diploma. Its a package TAFE admission and that's how I was offered d adimission
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
What I meant abt d weeks was,in my admission letter they said first semester is calculated as 18weeks od study
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
when you wanna apply for a course especially TAFE, try and look for the pathway, for example, my course is an advanced diploma, but here is the pathway

Cert III (6months) > Cert IV (6months) > Diploma (6months) > Adv Dipl (6months)

but then it all depends on the course and the institute offering it.

most times you guys just go and click diploma option without checking out if you can continue to Adv Dip
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
manmeta:

Hi. Be aware that this is a SKILLED MIGRATION. You're expected to have both demonstrable qualifications and work experience.

On the work experience side, since you have considerable experience in OHS, it may be appropriate to follow this route. Hence, VETASSESS or whatever body indicated by DIAC would assess you.

WRT relevant qualifications for OHS, see what professional level/status your OHS certifications will fetch you.

Also check the overall no. of points you would garner from the overall assessment.

Let's see how it goes from there.

All the best.
Thanx for your response. my student visa is on the way, but i wanna process this PR as well cos its gonna give me a soft landing somewhat or should i say enhance my hitting the ground running (i just downloaded a vacation job booklet and most of the opportunities are for PR/Citizens). . .I can can make 65 points if i score 7 in IELTS or 75 points if i score 8 In IELTS. . . i am gathering all my documents for the skills assessment, did you send them your trancript yourself or did you have your institution send it to them directly cos i saw smthing like that on the VETASSESS webpage for nigerians

i understand yours is EngAus but kindly comment. .thanx bro, Best regards to family
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
for those interested in western Australian TAFE, check the link to see the courses and pathways to achieve your two year PR purpose.
http://www.eti.wa.edu.au/course-catalogue.html
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
holahola78:

Good one here. You said my mind. I read food tech. graduated 2008 but working independently. I'm planning to use a family friend's clinic to provide all documentation and references(work experience). I'm applying for tafe nursing. Please what documents do I need for work experience.( I'm financially capable.)
I'm not sure my question is well explained.

Won't it boomerang? Lol.

letter of employment/ letter of contract
Employer/employment references
payslips/tax clearance , you can throw in bank statements. . . take your pick, but try get at least three of these
payslip must be for three different months (spaced out prefarably)

well, the above is mostly for PR, for the student visa, you dont have to prove much about your employment i think
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
snowburn: when you wanna apply for a course especially TAFE, try and look for the pathway, for example, my course is an advanced diploma, but here is the pathway

Cert III (6months) > Cert IV (6months) > Diploma (6months) > Adv Dipl (6months)

but then it all depends on the course and the institute offering it.

most times you guys just go and click diploma option without checking out if you can continue to Adv Dip

mine was cert iv(1yr) > diploma (1yr) and thats how i was offered

how far with your visa application?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2013
mimi1147:

mine was cert iv(1yr) > diploma (1yr) and thats how i was offered

how far with your visa application?

still waiting to hear from them, meanwhile i focus on my PR arrangements. . .have you applied for your visa?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
snowburn:

still waiting to hear from them, meanwhile i focus on my PR arrangements. . .have you applied for your visa?
i guess its because you still have time be shch starts. if i remembered correctly u say ur course was for jen right?
no have not applied yet ooo but very soon
if you are being sponsored by someone from outside Nigeria do you need tax clearance or just bank statement
cos his a businessman
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ubison(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
mcdon60: Hello friends, it's been a while, i am happy about the good news of those that have a successful visa application and those that are intending will have success stories, Amen. I have noticed that there is an increase in the Australian general skilled migration enquiries on this general Australian student visa enquiries thread started by justwise, hence the reason for starting a separate thread on Australian General Skilled Migration Visa Enquiries. You can post all your enquiries there.

Pls bros I'm new here n no one is responding to my post...I want to know how to go about coming to live n work in Australia..I have OND in maritime course and I intend to further my education there buh dah will be after years of working.pls here me because I don't know how it goes n how to process my working visa n other relevant things legally needed...†h♌nks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holahola78(f): 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pls people I will like to ask this questions.
I am the primary applicant but my husband is joining me in 2months after my visa has been granted and I'm gone. Please will he also need to show financial capability as in acct with 18months living cost?

Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by STUNTS007: 11:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
@ EverG simply check the DIAC/immigration website, it contains the postcodes of low population/Regional areas.Complement that with your google search.You can also use Uniguru.com to check Universities against the particular course you intend to pursue.

@Smile4davo congrats broda,happy the stunts u pulled worked...When is ur school resumin,most schools resume this week .The earlier u start coming the better for u.

@Americanvisa if the only issue affecting your application is that your funds haven't been there for up to 90days,DIAC will inform you and request you to wait till it does.Most times it doesn't really matter.

When I applied , my funds had spent like 2months in the account and my visa came out in about 3weeks later.

If you and ur wife have met all the other criteria, fire up the application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 1:36am On Jul 31, 2013
Pls house where did u get ur police clearance? Lag or Abj? Or can u get it in any state?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 2:53am On Jul 31, 2013
snowburn:
Thanx for your response. my student visa is on the way, but i wanna process this PR as well cos its gonna give me a soft landing somewhat or should i say enhance my hitting the ground running (i just downloaded a vacation job booklet and most of the opportunities are for PR/Citizens). . .I can can make 65 points if i score 7 in IELTS or 75 points if i score 8 In IELTS. . . i am gathering all my documents for the skills assessment, did you send them your trancript yourself or did you have your institution send it to them directly cos i saw smthing like that on the VETASSESS webpage for nigerians

i understand yours is EngAus but kindly comment. .thanx bro, Best regards to family

Hi. Going by your achievable scores, I think you stand a very good stead with the PR thingy. Take it seriously.

With regards to the transcript, in my own case, I had a copy with me then which I notarised and sent to Engineers Australia.

All the best bro.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by smile4davo: 8:25am On Jul 31, 2013
STUNTS007: @ EverG simply check the DIAC/immigration website, it contains the postcodes of low population/Regional areas.Complement that with your google search.You can also use Uniguru.com to check Universities against the particular course you intend to pursue.

@Smile4davo congrats broda,happy the stunts u pulled worked...When is ur school resumin,most schools resume this week .The earlier u start coming the better for u.

@Americanvisa if the only issue affecting your application is that your funds haven't been there for up to 90days,DIAC will inform you and request you to wait till it does.Most times it doesn't really matter.

When I applied , my funds had spent like 2months in the account and my visa came out in about 3weeks later.

If you and ur wife have met all the other criteria, fire up the application.

Tnx broh. Sch has started o I'm porting on friday.which province ru?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ubison(m): 8:28am On Jul 31, 2013
justwise: Ask/make your Australian visa contributions here, i have seen increasing number of different threads about Australian visa recently hence the need to dedicate one thread for Australian visa issues.

Good moment
Does it mean there's no nigerians in Australia to advice me
on wah to do..the agent I spoke with assured me success buh
I need words of advice from our brothers n sisters who are
already there so †̥ђã†̥ fall into the hands fraud agents.Pls tell
me if its possible to live n work in Australia with OND
certificate(maritime field) n how to legally process it.
†h♌nks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 31, 2013
ubison:

Good moment
already there so †̥ђã†̥ fall into the hands fraud agents.Pls tell
me if its possible to live n work in Australia with OND
†h♌nks

OND can't get you rolling for PR visa.So get into a TAFE, pay school fees,do medicals and pay visa fees. Use google to find your way.Be smart...but if you want to patronize agents...go ahead...they are not all dubious.They help folks who can't help themselves. People in Australia are busy trying to catch up, stabilize and some do not know much when you have only OND and no job years and experience.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 9:11am On Jul 31, 2013
@ferdimako
Can you pls send me the details of the hospital and d doc phone no. U used for medicals
Thanks
Here is my email. Karinbaby4@hotmail.com
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 9:35am On Jul 31, 2013
ubison:

Good moment
already there so †̥ђã†̥ fall into the hands fraud agents.Pls tell me if its possible to live n work in Australia with OND

It is possible for you to get PR with your OND provided that your nominated skill is on the SOL list and that you are sure you will have required 60points. Check the process highlighted in the previous post.
Better still you could just provide your details here and you'll be guided. I mean your age, exact course you studied, years of post graduation experience and your ielts result.

†h♌nks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ubison(m): 11:53am On Jul 31, 2013
mimi1147:
Register and write d exam

I'm doing my final year program,definitely the processing of my papers starts next year.I wanna ask,can I register n write the ielts exam now or next year wen I'll be ready...pls do bear with me, I'm gathering information so †̥ђã†̥ things will be easy for me wen I'm ready.†h♌nks for your kindness
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
ferdimako:

I used Zankli Clinic Abuja...Call Mr Philip at zerorightzerothreeninefiveonethreefiveninenine.They may ask you for HAP Id. They will do your xray,take ur urine,you enter bleeding room and the Physicist will do u some sight evaluations, know ur height,weight,age and BP.You will fill out some forms! And works is N46,000.

Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
ubison:

I'm doing my final year program,definitely the processing of my papers starts next year.I wanna ask,can I register n write the ielts exam now or next year wen I'll be ready...pls do bear with me, I'm gathering information so †̥ђã†̥ things will be easy for me wen I'm ready.†h♌nks for your kindness

You can write it now if you want.I think ielts score its valid for 2yrs

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
ubison:

You can do IELTS any time you're fit and ready. It's N35,000 and very technical,so make sure you've prepared. DIAC accepts 36month olds while schools may accept only 2yr-olds.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
mimi1147:
Thanks

Yeah but not without a punishment. ferdimako is barred again,I was trying to get that across to everybody. My days here are getting numbered.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
ferdiii:

Yeah but not without a punishment. ferdimako is barred again,I was trying to get that across to everybody. My days here are getting numbered.

Who banned you?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ferdimako, you didn't talk about the Toefl result again. Have you got your result now?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
RedReact: Ferdimako, you didn't talk about the Toefl result again. Have you got your result now?

Oh yea, the guy that registered me didn't pay or did not pay all, so my result is pending till 8 August. I called ETS New Jersey, they told me so as they said the guy has paid.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bevybay(f): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
i am trying to relocate to Australia with my partner on Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent) Visa.but my EOI result was
I do not have a skills assessment
and my English language ability is below the level needed for this visa subclass
I am a civil Engineer.which is on their SOL.How can i go about my skill assessment.
How do i go about the skills assessment and the IELTS test for English.
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.