Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:29 PM

Share Your Experiences of Racism - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Share Your Experiences of Racism (23768 Views)

Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People / Congolese Woman Sets Herself On Fire In Protest Against Racism (Pics) / The Experiences Of Rape Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 17, 2012
Eiregirl:

And you came to that conclusion how exactly?
Just ignore such allusion yet conjectural by some people who are biased themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Ptolomeus(m): 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
MamaDiallo:
i hate everyone and everything angry
We're talking about racism.
Who is racist is a sick racist who is sick with hatred.
Sorry I read here that someone hates everyone ...
Who hates being sick who hates is the same level as a racist.
There is no difference.
Someday everyone will understand that not all blacks are good, that not all blacks are bad, not all whites are good, not all whites are bad ...
It is a matter of inner peace.
The African culture and traditions teach us about what it means "inner peace" Iwa Pele ...
my respects
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
Venchy: e: Share Your Experiences of Racism by CAMEROONPRIDE: 4:22pm On Sep 03it's my thread go create a thread where white will complain about racism ..this is for Africans esp those abroad ...i don't see how i am racis.

Let me tell you something, the BIGGEST RACIST to black race are ultimately the BLACKS themselves.

To start with, you are been deprived by African leaders who steal your wealth and create absolute poverty in Africa, 2) Education are been reduced to the lowest, 3) No medical facilities and to sum it up THERE'S NO JOBS but the white so called people offers you a LIFELINE after your shambles education to start all over again which enables some of us to send money back home to our love ones.

Look my friend think deeply before you start any thread because BLACK TO BLACK RACISM is the worst than white....e.g

I heard that NIGERIAN companies are Employing INDIAN before any Nigerians, again that's what's called VICIOUS CIRCLE, deprivation of your right which is a CHRONIC FORM OF RACISM ....especially in Nigeria.

Government office are been held by Nigerians Leaders children.."LNG" & many more.

To me that's the biggest racism and that's why some of us find ourselves in abroad....So l give thanks to the white people for given us a lifeline.
that aint rcism next
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
canadaik:

this shows your level of ignorance, you should be in the learning abput what the term racism means before speaking about it
, asians in europe or america sometimes face racism for your info.

p.s. I live in canada, and thy are one of the nicest people on earth, no ecperience of racism
learn to read i havent say all whites are racist ...so gooluck with ur canadian
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 20, 2012
platinium +6000 albums
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by onila(f): 12:18am On Sep 20, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: platinium +6000 albums
yr back smiley
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 20, 2012
onila: yr back smiley
yeahhh baby wink wink
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by onila(f): 12:26am On Sep 20, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: yeahhh baby wink wink

tongue
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 20, 2012
onila:

tongue
you missed me right ? anyway what happened?
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by onila(f): 12:33am On Sep 20, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: you missed me right ? anyway what happened?

i missed yr fights with msdarkskin tongue

its still cool here nothing special tongue
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 20, 2012
onila:

i missed yr fights with msdarkskin tongue

its still cool here nothing special tongue
tsuiips angry angry angry
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by onila(f): 12:43am On Sep 20, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: tsuiips angry angry angry
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 20, 2012
onila:
means what u said it's nt what i wanted to hear...it's an expression which marks the irrelevance of someone's statement
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by onila(f): 12:49am On Sep 20, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: means what u said it's nt what i wanted to hear...it's an expression which marks the irrelevance of someone's statement

ok tongue
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 20, 2012
onila:

ok tongue
np
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
C'mon African brah share ur stories nahh angry or racism is ended lipsrsealed
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
There as an argument between those who are for breastfeeding in public and those who are against...one said ladies should hide their bossoms..we aint in Africa.my 2cents...urs are ..welcome..do we have people who live in russia? Sharreee nahhh
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by adabeke12(f): 6:30am On Feb 19, 2013
JallowBah:

They maybe you should change the main topic, then.

You really think only africans have experience with racism?

well then who "started" it?
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by adabeke12(f): 6:43am On Feb 19, 2013
JallowBah: There will NEVER be peace if people to learn to forgive history. Not to accept it, not to forget it, but you can NOT blame new-borns for what others have done.

On topic: I was standing in the area in the capital in Norway where there as most immigrants, called Grønland. There are about 45% immigrants, rest is norwegians, and the place is filled with immigrant-shops. I was living there for some years. This day I was waiting the bus, and there was some somali-celebration going on in a mosque nearby, so there was many kids, men and women dressed up, happy and smiling, etc. This drunken fool was standing at the bus-stop with me, and MUCH people around. I would dsay maybe four-five white people and about 20 africans.
He started saying "Bleep these black people, coming to take over our country. Damn monkeys. Fucking ugly nig`s, blablabla. Im gonna find a big knife and chop somebody head". Nobody said anything.
I jumped in and told him "keep your mouth closed, there are a bunch of kids here, take your hate somewhere else."
"gad damn nig`r lover, shut your ugly mouth, you and your ugly half-breed kid ( sounded like pagan here, right? ) can go to helle, you look like a damn horse".

I was just happy he started talking to me instead of the kids.

I told him I would call the police on him, and that he should get the hell out of the town if he had problem with immigrants.

I have seen things like tht on buses too, ut its always a drunken/junkie who starts badmouthing. Trash-people.

darling it is easier said than done. the funny thing is racism is still happening today against my people.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 26, 2013
adabeke12:

darling it is easier said than done. the funny thing is racism is still happening today against my people.
have u ever been a victim?
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 26, 2013
adabeke12:

who started it as in African also do it? Naa African aren't and can't be racist. It doesn't exist in our languages.what's racism in Igbo?
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by pleep(m): 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
adabeke12:

Stop whining Sheesh... imo europeans have every right to hate the immigrants in their country, you should be thankfull that some dont.

What we should be worried about is how to get those Chinese monkies out of our country
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by onila(f): 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
pleep: Stop whining Sheesh... imo europeans have every right to hate the immigrants in their country, you should be thankfull that some dont.

What we should be worried about is how to get those Chinese monkies out of our country
I dont understand why people hate immigrants

isnt it fun when u have so many different nationalities in your country undecided

i wish we had more foreigners in nigeria from all over the world
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by pleep(m): 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
^Do your beloved foreigners even accociate with Nigerians? Those Indians and Chinese ppl in Nigeria are taking your uncles and auties jobs. They start businesses that only hire their own people and send the money back to China.

In Europe the Immigrants are not only taking jobs but doing crime too.

i wish we had more foreigners in nigeria from all over the world
Its not like these foreigners want you in their countries, why dont you ask them why? Its only a black girl that would say something like this.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by Bazil(m): 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: learn to read i havent say all whites are racist ...so gooluck with ur canadian
Hmm which part of canada is he living in?? because my experience was different bro!!
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by jesmond3945: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2019
dasparrow:
@Post

If I started telling you my entire racist experiences with Caucasian/white folks, we will be here till next week. I no fit shout abeg! I mean, I have been followed around in the store because most white people think that all black people are thieves who want to steal from them. It does not matter whether you dress nicely or not. Some white people will still treat you like crap. I have been called a 'Nigger' to my face severally by white people. I have had white people falsely accuse me of theft. I have had white people cough in my face on the street. I have had white women clutch their handbags or purses when they see me approaching in broad daylight for that matter because they think every black person is out to rob them.

I have had white people place their small breed dogs in the seat beside them when they see me approaching so I won't sit beside them. They have also placed their bags and backpacks beside them as well when they see me approaching so I won't sit down. I have had white strangers in a bus in Germany dip their hands on my head all in the name of wanting to feel my hair texture. I have had a white American professor (in New York) question me about a paper I wrote at the beginning of a semester in my graduate program many years ago. She could not believe that as an African I could write so well. I got an 'A' for her class at the end of the semester when she realized through my in class written assignments that I write well.

All these experiences I have mentioned in this post occurred in Germany and others in the United States. This is why I get so frustrated and angry with Nigerians when I travel to Nigeria and see Nigerians a55 kissing white people and treating white people, Asians and other racial groups living in Nigeria better than they treat their fellow Nigerians. If these Nigerians can only live abroad for 5 years or less, they will change their attitude (I hope). Nigerians should understand that the white people you see in Nigeria are equally racist. Never you think that a racist white person will not come to Africa. So think twice when you go doing boy-boy for them. That you like them does not necessarily mean that they like you too. Many racist whites have cleverly mastered and perfected the act of pretense including some of the ones married to blacks. They smile in your face, even have a chat with you but that does not mean they like you. In fact, the closeted Caucasian racists (the smiley-smiley ones) are the most dangerous because you never know when they will strike. Also be careful of Arabs and Asians as well. Don't trust them because they are racist too.

My older sibling always tells me that she can never live in the western/white world. She visited the UK on vacation and she was like, all those cat eyes (she means the blue, green, and hazel colored eyes of the Caucasians) everywhere starring at her and the cold demeanor of the whites was quite scary for her. White racism is the reason why I cannot see myself living abroad for good. Racism just ruins the whole abroad experience. I mean, yes, Caucasians/whites have orderly societies, good infrastructure, good universities, good healthcare, stable power/electricity and all that.

However, what good does all that do when you are stripped off your dignity, when you are constantly verbally, physically, emotionally and psychologically abused all because you came to this world in a brown skin? There is no REAL sense of belonging and genuine peace of mind for you the black man/woman/child in the white man's world and you end up not even enjoying the positive things that these western/white societies offer because of the never ending racial hostilities of her people. This is why I am also of the opinion that international sport competitions like the recently concluded Olympics and the world cup are a waste of time because I have not seen this sporting events bring the HUMAN race closer. People/athletes from various racial groups are still as racist as ever and never hesitate to show it when playing games with black people for instance.

Over the years, I have personally grown very weary of white people. It is has nothing to do with their skin color per se but rather their subtle and not so subtle racist ways and attitudes. It seems like racism runs in their genes or something. After living in the western or Caucasian world for an extended period of time, it will take the grace of God and the Holy Spirit not to turn racist, I tell you. I personally will not be raising my kids in a Caucasian country because I do not want my kids being exposed to the Caucasians and their racist demons. Believe it or not, but racists DO have the demon of hate dwelling in them and I feel sorry for their pathetic hateful souls once their life journey on earth is over. Our God is a God of love and anyone who hates can never see God's face. Thank God that the kingdom of Christ Jesus will not have racists in them. Peace!
this piece blew me away it is just the grace of God I am surviving in this cold atmosphere.
Re: Share Your Experiences of Racism by KiNg0G: 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
PAGAN9JA:
european people owe all their property , riches, etc. to us 3rd worlders. infact i am ready to accept an apology in the form of cash from european peoples. also you must provide your first born as slaves to each African family and you must help rebuild our Traditional religious shrines, etc. only then will we think about healing wounds. until, then we can only think of destroying all of you.

respect.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Culture Zone of the Middlebelt people / Igbo Priest Teaching Americans How To Sing In Igbo Language / Names Of Past And Present Attah Igala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.