Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? (48291 Views)

Ladies Only: I Am The Most Handsome Guy In The History Of Nairaland. / Please Rate Me.what Exactly Do You Think Of Me? / Who Is Diddy? What Do U Think Of Him? Who Doesnt Know Diddy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by BusHouse(m): 1:14am On Sep 05, 2012
mc~evans:
Hahahahaha Seun_Loves_Garri! Is that supposed to be a nursery rhyme song? grin grin Nairaland has really suffered from this BINGOS and SEUN doesn;t know how to tame them. Hiding their post evens make them stronger lol. I wish the GARRI CLUB long life and prosperity grin grin grin
Amen & amen.
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 05, 2012
ActiveMan: WE GIVE SEUN AND THE MODERATOR OF NAIRALAND 3 DAYS OR WE WILL GO ON STRIKE ON NAIRALAND AND VISIT OTHER FORUM(S) grin

how can GARRI be ban in my own fatherland, Seun amend the law now or we will sue you as the okada people sue lagos state govt. grin

I HOPE SEUN WILL SETUP A COMMITTEE TO LOOK INTO THIS SHA (because some moderator might be connecting bribe to unblock account that was ban with word GARRI) grin

JUST JOKING SHA cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by quest003: 1:17am On Sep 05, 2012
I fear this garri cabal may hold nairaland for ransome if care is not taken
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Jglad(f): 1:17am On Sep 05, 2012
I luv dem,i jst laugh anytym i see a post concerning garri... It even makes me wanna take garri so pls jst leave dem alone. Plsssss! They re rili funny 2 me.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by ignis: 1:18am On Sep 05, 2012
Actuall they are funnyn hilarious, but just that sometimes they take it to the extreme and it becomes absurd. For example in some thread - family of nine died, automobile accidents claims 40 lifes, innocent girl raped n kidnapped etc... You see someone asking ''how does that affect the price of garri?'' in this case i see it as irritating and stupidity of the highest order.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by BusHouse(m): 1:18am On Sep 05, 2012
Yours GEJ,:
on front-page? Seriously?!
Yes on frontpage. The group has occupied Nl.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by ebere1712: 1:18am On Sep 05, 2012
Garri is an undeniable Nigerian staple food. The afford-ability of garri is a decent benchmark on the war against extreme poverty. I don't understand why people hate that question. Ebere is rooting for the garri squad.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by mcevans1(m): 1:19am On Sep 05, 2012
BusHouse: Amen & amen.

Haaa!! U no shout amen once but u come multiply am by 2! U wicked ohhh grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by quest003: 1:21am On Sep 05, 2012
And seun are you sure some of your mods are not members of this garri cabal? Or probably their sponsor?

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by BusHouse(m): 1:21am On Sep 05, 2012
No to dialogue. The invassion continues. #garrioccupynairaland.

8 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by pazienza(m): 1:24am On Sep 05, 2012
I like them,whenever i come across their post,i always laugh like die. They are good people,they provide comic relief in a nairaland full of bigots.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by redcliff: 1:25am On Sep 05, 2012
I love garri. Missy_B seems not to and that's why she banned me.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by soma042(m): 1:25am On Sep 05, 2012
is a coincident that as im abt to suck asoki this tread showed up, G G G G UNIT kwen iyahhhhhhhh
G G G G G UNITE kwesuonu ise.................
m.o.d abeg free these peeps, they are jst simply wonderful hilarious .
remember that nairaland is what it is today is the freedom of expression that all the members do enjoy,
strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter. my opinion[/color] [/b] [/size]

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Rapkidflykid: 1:25am On Sep 05, 2012
I tink it is nyc and helps in good sight

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by luvola(m): 1:28am On Sep 05, 2012
seun should apologise to we proponet of garri or else we will plan e-coup on nairaland... How does this topic reduce the price of garri @ alaba market? :*i rep team garri*

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Goziemiguel(m): 1:29am On Sep 05, 2012
I think I like them but these days they derail the argument and one might not be in the mood all the timr yu kno
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 05, 2012
#TeamGarri
#Garri Invaders cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by NEROSKY(m): 1:31am On Sep 05, 2012
The Owner is facing ban (or has been ban) from source of revenue, you guys are here talking of garri,okay, ''afta make una take am go collect money for bank'' *hiss*
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by quest003: 1:32am On Sep 05, 2012
Seun, Cables releasd by wikileaks revealed that some powerful nairalanders sympathetises with this garri people o! So i'll advise you negotiate with them. Let mukina head the negotiation team. Even though its was revealed in the cable that she also sympathises with them, she remains the only one who can help break a truce before things get out of hand, turning nairaland to garriland. They respect and fear her a lot. And also as a woman, a married one at that, she has a vast experience on household item dispute, with garri beign the no1 household item on the poorman's list and no18 on the bigman's list, mukina having tasted former and now living in the later wil indeed be capable to resolve this issue. If this fails, then maybe u'll have to pacify them by creating garri section. If that fails then you go for drone attacks. But on a more serious note, who is the leader of this sect?

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:37am On Sep 05, 2012
Kids.
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by luvola(m): 1:38am On Sep 05, 2012
necosky - how does your retarded post affect garri price... Cretin e-goat
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by blasterman(m): 1:47am On Sep 05, 2012
Somebody just mentioned kpomo dat is another essential naija commodity. Can u imagine roasted yam without kpomo, egusi without kpomo, okra soup with kpomo, garri and ogbono without kpomo. kpomo for me is more important pass garri

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by kavey10(m): 1:52am On Sep 05, 2012
*opens d sack, takes 3 handfuls. Pours it in d cup. Adds water, gets hold of d kulikuli and takes d first scoop* Ahhh! Feeling high on dis ryt nau... U want some?

15 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by dasparrow: 1:55am On Sep 05, 2012
Djtm: I noticed that almost every thread on NL has a significant amount of 'garri guys & ladies' posting random stuffs about garri. And it seems they're holding a party today because I keep seeing 'this post has been hidden' on a lot of threads that were created today. Also I've been seeing some funny usernames like 'seun_loves_garri', 'bread_for_seun' etc.

So what do you think? Are they (the garri peeps) annoying? Hilarious? Pitiful? You are free to qualify them with any adjective you deem fit.

I think when the garri issue first begun it was funny. However, the problem is that as Nigerians we too over do. Too much of everything is bad. When a thread is talking about a tragic event or incident, I expect nairalanders to be a bit more sensitive and not come on a thread just to ask how the thread affects the price of garri. I also hate it when a thread is talking about one topic and the garri people come on there to start discussing garri which has nothing to do with the topic at hand and thereby derail the thread.

I know we are allowed to have fun and all, but we should do things in moderation because this is not kindergarten or nursery school. I want to believe that most people on nairaland are adults with sane minds and not mentally challenged adults with the mind of a 4 year old. Hence, I expect a little more decorum and forumites ought to know where to draw the line with the jokes because the garri jokes should not be on every single thread. Lastly, if Seun Osewa says he is not pleased with forumites mentioning garri when the thread has nothing to do with garri, then we ought to respect that. The average Nigerian does not want to obey simple rules/instructions as evidenced here on nairaland and then we wonder why our country Nigeria is a messy disorderly insane jungle that can give one a nasty headache.

15 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Panshow(m): 2:00am On Sep 05, 2012
I believed seun himself is reading the comments following this topic. I dunno whether it's illegal to mention the name of GARRI in facebook, google+, yahoo etc.
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by obalolaunited(m): 2:05am On Sep 05, 2012
Chei! Naija I hail thee coffee wey I dey drink wan comot for my nose I no mention G word o
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by ahmsta(m): 2:06am On Sep 05, 2012
savedbreak: Sumbodi tell me plz and how does this affect the price of ''kpomo'' in Ola mummy booker

is it now time for "kpomo"?.... lol
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 05, 2012
kavey10: *opens d sack, takes 3 handfuls. Pours it in d cup. Adds water, gets hold of d kulikuli and takes d first scoop* Ahhh! Feeling high on dis ryt nau... U want some?

You forgot milk and peanuts.

*grabs kulikuli and takes off* cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by oludave(m): 2:19am On Sep 05, 2012
The team garri or the garri invaders are truly hilarious.

I think NL should open a register for them, make them important and grant them amnesty (possibly send them recharge cards to keep them away from all threads)

If it works with the militant, it should with the #GarriInvaders

Just joking.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 05, 2012
The issue is one that took a wrong turn because it received too much attention. If everyone ignored them, things won't have gotten this far.
Personally, it used to be funny but when I see it now I just ignore it. This is what the site admin should have done too. Ignore it and with time it will end. However, every forum has rules. If the admin says no more garri posts then so be it.
One statement that is even more annoying is this 'Why is this on the front page?'. Anyone that posts this is a bigger problem than the garri gang!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by kaeto(m): 2:33am On Sep 05, 2012
I don't belong to the gang but i love everything about the 'gar*i gang' because it is the nL caramel and to be candid, Oga Seun will be loosing big revenue if he continues waging a war against this gang, just let them be and with time they might morph into an acceptable group.
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by BabaEleko(m): 2:34am On Sep 05, 2012
I rep team kponmo everyday. Shout out to my comrades at team garri. Aluta Continua.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

The Snake I Killed In My Room / Man Single-handedly Kills Huge Python In Bayelsa State, Shows Off Eggs / Big Snake Killed And Roasted In My Area (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.