Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? (48321 Views)

Ladies Only: I Am The Most Handsome Guy In The History Of Nairaland. / Please Rate Me.what Exactly Do You Think Of Me? / Who Is Diddy? What Do U Think Of Him? Who Doesnt Know Diddy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2012
Niseamaka:

I wonder how you came to the conclusion that garri is an essential commodity in every home and that mentioning it brings laughter to the hearts of many. This garri issue is the most irritating since i joined this forum. There is nothing hilarious about someone mentioning about the price of garri always in almost every thread.

Garri is irritating? You really need some time out because Nairaland has turned you into a bitter human being so what is not irritating here? The tribal bashings?
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Lyth: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2012
Niseamaka:
I wonder how you came to the conclusion that garri is an essential commodity in every home and that mentioning it brings laughter to the hearts of many. This garri issue is the most irritating since i joined this forum. There is nothing hilarious about someone mentioning about the price of garri always in almost every thread.

If garri aint an essential commodity then wat is mr Odechukwu? Ask a couple of ur friends abt ur stupid opinion 1st b4 u reply. I bet u got loads of it in ur crib n u r jst formin 1 blasted oyibo levels here, of which even d whites love n adore garri.
Go team G-UNIT!
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Niseamaka(m): 9:32am On Sep 05, 2012
Leobreezy: I beg to differ. Unless ur a sadist, then i guess ur free 2 say that. I bet u, if a poll were 2 be conducted 96% or more would be advocates of the garri crew(something Seun is afraid of). Being imperious will not solve anything it will only aggravate it.

Advocates of the garri crew?.What will they be advocating for?.Talking about the price of garri in every thread?.Get a life.
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by texaco1: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2012
seun seems to be losing his business touch,i cant beieve it that seun doesnt see an oppoutunty here with the garri crusaders.some sites will pray to have ppl like them on their site,yet seun and his mods are banning them
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by garrilover: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2012
Every body check out ma spanking new single
"garri makes the world go round" featuring eedris abdulgarri & seun shackgarri
produced by dr_dregarri and marketed by garri inclined limited

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by ujchief(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2012
BREAD_4_SEUN: garri cannot be stopped, just let it be. angry angry angry.
it 'must' be stoped. U guys wil run out of steam someday. We'll keep opening threads like this for u guys once in a while, so u can vomit all ur thrash there and hit 20 pages. Soon, u guys wont find it funy again, and it wil start irritating u as its irritating us now.
#saveNairaland!
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by yemi2plus(m): 9:36am On Sep 05, 2012
Seun just started a war he cant not end.....#IrepTeamGarri
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by tchituz(m): 9:36am On Sep 05, 2012
I love d 'GARY 'cahill crew...
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Niseamaka(m): 9:37am On Sep 05, 2012
gboss4sure:

Garri is irritating? You really need some time out because Nairaland has turned you into a bitter human being so what is not irritating here? The tribal bashings?

Talking about the price of garri in every thread is irritating.
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by moonraker(m): 9:38am On Sep 05, 2012
Choiiii 11 Pages and counting shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

gggggggggggggggg G UNIT!!!!!
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by schorlbone(m): 9:39am On Sep 05, 2012
guonno: The GARRI crew makes me angry. Any little thing GARRI, GARRI here GARRI there, GARRI GARRI GARRI all the way. Is it bc GARRI is cheap? But is GARRI cheap? GARRI as i know GARRI is nt cheap. Bt if obj was shown doin GARRI, i think GARRI is special. GARRI has come to stay in NL because seun made GARRI special in d eyes of GARRI loving NL. Very soon akpu and amala lovers will come up wit anti GARRI agenda, bt i knw GARRI wil prevail, bc GARRI is GARRI and GARRI is noting bt GARRI. I think we have no choice than to accept the GARRI ethnic group. LONG LIVE THE GARRI REPUBLIC, LONG LIVE GARRI, LONG LIVE HOT-WATER, LONG LIVE AKPU, LONG LIVE SEUN THE ENEMY OF GARRI.
grin you don mention GARRI for like 25 times, omo so u sef like garri so? grin
UP GARRI JOR!
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by kavey10(m): 9:39am On Sep 05, 2012
The mods av started again o! "This post has been hidden" is almost on all the pages of dis thread. Wat d bleep is going on!
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Revolva(m): 9:39am On Sep 05, 2012
I was always involve in it ..you see sometimes there are some irrelevant topic that are annoyin and over exaggerated so its part of the humor here ok -#GarriTeam
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by OldDirtyBastard: 9:41am On Sep 05, 2012
Djtm: I noticed that almost every thread on NL has a significant amount of 'garri guys & ladies' posting random stuffs about garri. And it seems they're holding a party today because I keep seeing 'this post has been hidden' on a lot of threads that were created today. Also I've been seeing some funny usernames like 'seun_loves_garri', 'bread_for_seun' etc.

So what do you think? Are they (the garri peeps) annoying? Hilarious? Pitiful? You are free to qualify them with any adjective you deem fit.

how does this affect the cost of .... [size=20pt]cocaine[/size]!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Leobreezy(m): 9:42am On Sep 05, 2012
Niseamaka:

Advocates of the garri crew?.What will they be advocating for?.Talking about the price of garri in every thread?.Get a life.
Are u from the Vulcan race?? Wat would u prefer seeing, a chauvinistic religious/tribalistic bigoted post or a "garri" post? Be rational and realistic in ur reasoning.
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by schorlbone(m): 9:42am On Sep 05, 2012
yemi2plus2: Seun just started a war he cant not end.....#IrepTeamGarri
guy why you dey use my style na ?

'#iRepTeamGarri' na my invention Ooo grin

I go charge you for piracy and unauthorised use of my slang.... undecided

U get luck say na #teamgarri u dey rep, one love!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Elebiju: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2012
I was not a fan of d garri gang initially but from this moment henceforth due to the dictatorial style of mod here I hereby declare myself a member of d garri gang,let it fizzle out with time I don't care,me loves garri with eja dindin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by texaco1: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2012
i think seun needs a consultant advice on this matter,his mods have no clue how to stop or contain it except banning and that is giving them more porpularity and making some few ppl lose interest in nl.seun wisen up
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Emmy9ite(m): 9:43am On Sep 05, 2012
The chemistry of garri
-Garri is an element with symbol (Ga) or G4
-Garri occurs in a combined state in eba
-Garri is a group 1 element with atomic number 15. It is monoatomic
-Garri is in period 3
-The electronic configuration is 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p3
-Garri reacts with hot water to produce eba
-It reacts with cold water in the presence of a catalyst groundnut to form 'drinking garri'

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by ujchief(m): 9:43am On Sep 05, 2012
texaco1: seun seems to be losing his business touch,i cant beieve it that seun doesnt see an oppoutunty here with the garri crusaders.some sites will pray to have ppl like them on their site,yet seun and his mods are banning them
NairaLand isnt 'any other site', its unique and standard. Thats why we're fighting to maintain that standard. I'v learnt a lot since i joined Nl 4 yrs back, and i didnt learn them by constant derailing of topics by asking stewpeed questions. The rule in Nl is simple, dont derail a topic. If u want to discus about an essential food u cant do without, open a thread and fire down. Seun wil not ban u if u open a gari thread and discus it there!
#saveNairaland
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Chitexs250(m): 9:43am On Sep 05, 2012
Can someone tell me how does Funke akindele aka jenifa photo as a baby on the font page affects the price of Garri in the market

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 05, 2012
Niseamaka:

Talking about the price of garri in every thread is irritating.

Ok choose one between these 2 comments.

1. Does this affect the price of garri.

2. Yoruba people are cowards and their awolowo is a betrayer.

Which of those 2 comments are more acceptable since garri is the most irritating sentence you have read on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 05, 2012
fiftynaira: If you are i[b][/b]n favour of the ban in garri say I if you are not in favour say NIL......
OLODO!!! It is Aye not I; Nay not NIL. This is what happened when the price of garri is Fiftynaira per cup, too much garri no good o cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 05, 2012
OMG OMG grin OMG we doing it!!! Sai Garri, saviour of our sanity and health from High blood pressure on nairaland
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by BREAD4SEUN: 9:47am On Sep 05, 2012
fesse: @BREAD 4 SEUN,
You must be high on GARRI for you to say that you are catholic priest. Too much of garri is very dangerous to health.
i am not joking ooo, every weekend, i used to donate 2 bags of garri to about 4 orphanage homes each.
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by kavey10(m): 9:47am On Sep 05, 2012
I av a feeling dat d mods av secret ID's they use in commenting nd stressing their points here on d thread. God dey see u o!

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 05, 2012
ujchief:
NairaLand isnt 'any other site', its unique and standard. Thats why we're fighting to maintain that standard. I'v learnt a lot since i joined Nl 4 yrs back, and i didnt learn them by constant derailing of topics by asking stewpeed questions. The rule in Nl is simple, dont derail a topic. If u want to discus about an essential food u cant do without, open a thread and fire down. Seun wil not ban u if u open a gari thread and discus it there!
#saveNairaland

As you dey now u don look urself finish and u fit start a war against the garri people? How many sympathisers have you got. You should know that sideing seun won't make you a mod or get you anywhere rather always be on the side of truth which is support Freedom Of Speech

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by Niseamaka(m): 9:50am On Sep 05, 2012
gboss4sure:

Ok choose one between these 2 comments.

1. Does this affect the price of garri.

2. Yoruba people are cowards and their awolowo is a betrayer.

Which of those 2 comments are more acceptable since garri is the most irritating sentence you have read on nairaland

Both. Bashing other tribes is as irritating as talking about the price of garri in every thread.
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by nanotechy: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2012
dasparrow:

I think when the garri issue first begun it was funny. However, the problem is that as Nigerians we too over do. Too much of everything is bad. When a thread is talking about a tragic event or incident, I expect nairalanders to be a bit more sensitive and not come on a thread just to ask how the thread affects the price of garri. I also hate it when a thread is talking about one topic and the garri people come on there to start discussing garri which has nothing to do with the topic at hand and thereby derail the thread.

I know we are allowed to have fun and all, but we should do things in moderation because this is not kindergarten or nursery school. I want to believe that most people on nairaland are adults with sane minds and not mentally challenged adults with the mind of a 4 year old. Hence, I expect a little more decorum and forumites ought to know where to draw the line with the jokes because the garri jokes should not be on every single thread. Lastly, if Seun Osewa says he is not pleased with forumites mentioning garri when the thread has nothing to do with garri, then we ought to respect that. The average Nigerian does not want to obey simple rules/instructions as evidenced here on nairaland and then we wonder why our country Nigeria is a messy disorderly insane jungle that can give one a nasty headache.
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by nanotechy: 9:51am On Sep 05, 2012
dasparrow:

I think when the garri issue first begun it was funny. However, the problem is that as Nigerians we too over do. Too much of everything is bad. When a thread is talking about a tragic event or incident, I expect nairalanders to be a bit more sensitive and not come on a thread just to ask how the thread affects the price of garri. I also hate it when a thread is talking about one topic and the garri people come on there to start discussing garri which has nothing to do with the topic at hand and thereby derail the thread.

I know we are allowed to have fun and all, but we should do things in moderation because this is not kindergarten or nursery school. I want to believe that most people on nairaland are adults with sane minds and not mentally challenged adults with the mind of a 4 year old. Hence, I expect a little more decorum and forumites ought to know where to draw the line with the jokes because the garri jokes should not be on every single thread. Lastly, if Seun Osewa says he is not pleased with forumites mentioning garri when the thread has nothing to do with garri, then we ought to respect that. The average Nigerian does not want to obey simple rules/instructions as evidenced here on nairaland and then we wonder why our country Nigeria is a messy disorderly insane jungle that can give one a nasty headache.
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by schorlbone(m): 9:51am On Sep 05, 2012
Emmy9ite: The chemistry of garri
-Garri is an element with symbol (Ga) or G4
-Garri occurs in a combined state in eba
-Garri is a group 1 element with atomic number 15. It is monoatomic
-Garri is in period 3
-The electronic configuration is 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p3
-Garri reacts with hot water to produce eba
-It reacts with cold water in the presence of a catalyst groundnut to form 'drinking garri'
dis is called 'Garri Science' LOL

#iRepTeamGarri
Re: What Do You Think Of Nairaland's Garri Peeps? by BeraBera(f): 9:52am On Sep 05, 2012
In as much as it is irritating seeing derailing comments on a rather serious thread, I still prefer them to the sentimental tribal war of words some people engage in on threads.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply)

Man Single-handedly Kills Huge Python In Bayelsa State, Shows Off Eggs / Big Snake Killed And Roasted In My Area (Photos) / The Snake I Killed In My Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.