Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook (14141 Views)

10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / I Dont Know How To Cook / Deleted Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by goofie: 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: @Op: Travel to Akwa-Ibom...hire Ekaette or Imaobong as a Chef

No be person go tell ur woman, she go "lan" by force

It worked for me...

kai!! my name don suffer o
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
Something is definitely wrong with the girl. Cooking is a natural instinct that every normal female has
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by kandiikane(m): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2012
seunajia:

Oppress women? shocked The current lifestyle that you feminists are pushing is even more oppressive! You guys now take up roles that make it difficult to live well due to the pressures on both fronts.
If women were really "suffering" as you feminists want us to believe, how come we had women leaders as: The Queen in England, Nerfertiti and Cleopatra of Egypt? Great influential ones as Aisha(RA) Wife of the Prophet Muhammed(SAW), Mary-Macdarlene, Mother Theresa, Mary Slessor? etc. And ordinary people who were great Doctors, teachers, Novelist, etc?

Stop planting hate and spreading falsehood, Stop teaching our daughters against us. Everything is not a competition, no one is witch-hunting you.
The oppression is just a figment of your imagination. No one has said women should remain entirely at home or not vote and ish. Even the traditional African women were traders and not confined to the house. They just had flexible schedules which allowed them be good, present mothers. Of course the society suffers for it! We're actually seeing/feeling such effects right now only if you have the discerning eye.

Again you know this is not true. Stop deceiving yourselves. The effects of your feminist views have caused enough havoc already. All you just want to prove: "What a man can do?" Is that it? Is that all?

I have tackled the rest of your quotes earlier. You are just grabbing on straws!

*Kandi love? Can I have a cup of coffee, please?* grin

I thought I told you I'm not a feminist.

Anyway, I ask you, my friend what is the man's job in all of this? It's no competition because it's seems like to you the woman is a slave that should be doing everything, including the upbringing of the children. Where are you when the women bring up these children? You will be the same one chastising single parents but when it comes to you bringing up your child. You are nowhere to be seen, probably in the beer parlour when you should be at home bringing up your children together.

Just because a few 10% of women where kings/queens etc doesn't mean all women are enjoying life or yearned for other things without having men control what and who they be. It would be the same as the 10% of the world who are rich/getting rich whilst the rest just gets poorer and poorer.

How can I be teaching hate to the daughters? Wait sef, oo. Where are you in all of this? Where are you when I'm teaching hate, should you not be there to teach your daughter love. No oo, probably in the beer parlour again looking at another woman's nyash.

You keep on talking about mother, mother, mother. Where is the damn father? Why isn't he involve in bringing up his child?

See, if the child turns bad they blame the woman for it, where was the father, jor?!

Yes, I want to know where the father was when the woman was raising her family. None once did anyone mention the duties of the father. Because everything has to be done by the woman. She's the slave of the world and when things go wrong she's the one to blame. Nawa! Woman, you don suffer.

I blame those useless women who don't know their self worth that's why. In this day and age, I see a perfect home with 2 lesbians than the so-called 'gender role' homes.

Make you coffee? Abi den chop you hands?

You will know men don't value marriage when the faith of it lies with whether the woman can cook or can't cook.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by kandiikane(m): 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
livingstoneony: spare me dis stone age horse -shit.....career women also need to take care of their family @ least and I think cooking is a basic part of dat even if its just during d weekend,so been a career woman is not an excuse...#career woman my nuts*yimu*
angry
livingstoneony: Not true... angryNot true...

Sharrap jor! Who send you?
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by harryem(m): 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
obowunmi: Are you paralyzed? You can't cook.
Wht do u mean? U wnt to b a ladies man Abeg go n tink urself thru. Its amonge d basics of a woman
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by kandiikane(m): 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
^it's among the basics of women? Naa waa oo! Ok tell me, what is the basics of men?
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2012
@Osheshe *smiling softly* nice one...

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by smokeyupu(m): 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] angry angry angry angry
Horrible!! This is unacceptable. A lady is not complete if she cannot cook a decent and nourishing meal for her man. The hair do, beautiful nials, nice defence and attack, good manners are not enough to do the job. How can she keep on eating all her life and cannot cook. Shame!!!!!!!!

I am a guy but I can cook almost all sorts of dishes including some continental ones in avery nice way. I can even make bread and other types of pastries. The botton line is that I cant marry a lady who cant cook.

My advice to this fellow is to teach her how to cook or send her to a catering school before marrying her or marry her and get a confirmed CALABAR Chef to take care of the kitchen department (may God give him the money to ba able to pay the guy)but also beware that they are not only good in cooking but also on bedmatics.

OTHERWISE KICK HER TO THE CURB.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by ashmanpolo: 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
sexyverah:

village boi! dont u knw hw to read and understand? wat as cooking gat to do wit washin? dumbass

Hmmm... Dat was A 5-hit combo on me but i don't hav ur time. #keeps scrolling phone#
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by ashmanpolo: 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
[quote author=Babaken][/quote]

He-goat
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by seunajia: 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2012

I thought I told you I'm not a feminist.

You claim not to be a feminist but you uphold and defend feminist views cheesy

Anyway, I ask you, my friend what is the man's job in all of this? It's no competition because it's seems like to you the woman is a slave that should be doing everything, including the upbringing of the children. Where are you when the women bring up these children? You will be the same one chastising single parents but when it comes to you bringing up your child. You are nowhere to be seen, probably in the beer parlour when you should be at home bringing up your children together.

Division of labour is said to create gender roles, which in-turn lead to gendered social behaviour. Men's unique physical advantages in-terms of body size and upper body strength provides them an edge in those social activities that require such physical abilities. The traditional role of a man is to be the hustler, to provide: a bulk of the family's finances, shelter, be called in to maintain discipline (not necessarily physical), mentor the children by laying examples and ultimately manage the woman. Like I said earlier, the woman manages the home, while the man manages the woman-- gender roles! It's a joint thing, "united we stand,..."

I don't know the kind of men you know, but I'm not your beer parlour guy and their are brazillions of guys like this. Responsible married people spend time with their families. Spending extended time outside the home is not advisable. Anyway, nobody holy pass wink

Just because a few 10% of women where kings/queens etc doesn't mean all women are enjoying life or yearned for other things without having men control what and who they be. It would be the same as the 10% of the world who are rich/getting rich whilst the rest just gets poorer and poorer.

That I made an example of a few prominent people does not mean they are limited. And matriarchal systems plenty wella. If women were slaves, those people won't have made it to the throne. BTW, did I not mention "ordinary citizen"? Paranoia na serious disease o.

How can I be teaching hate to the daughters? Wait sef, oo. Where are you in all of this? Where are you when I'm teaching hate, should you not be there to teach your daughter love. No oo, probably in the beer parlour again looking at another woman's nyash.

Please discard this beer parlour prejudice. Not all men are that way. And it's wrong to make an example of evil. Absence of the father or mother is not a good thing.

You keep on talking about mother, mother, mother. Where is the damn father? Why isn't he involve in bringing up his child?

See, if the child turns bad they blame the woman for it, where was the father, jor?!

Yes, I want to know where the father was when the woman was raising her family. None once did anyone mention the duties of the father. Because everything has to be done by the woman. She's the slave of the world and when things go wrong she's the one to blame. Nawa! Woman, you don suffer.

Mother mother mother. Ofcourse. Our mothers are our first loves. We spend over 70% of our home times with them.

Religion: In an hadith of the holy prophet Muhammed(SAW), a man asked the prophet "who I should honour more between my parents", the prophet(SAW) replied "your mother". Then the man asked, "and who comes next?" The reply again: "your mother". He asked the third time and the reply was the same. It was when he asked the fourth time the prophet replied: "your father".
Another saying: "The salvation of a child lies under the feet of his mother"
Another one: "Train a child and build a nation".

What else Kandi? What else?

Make you coffee? Abi den chop you hands?

ROTFL grin

You will know men don't value marriage when the faith of it lies with whether the woman can cook or can't cook.

Inability to prepare palatable meals is not good enough, it's also a pointer to major flaws in the lady's upbringing.

Kandi it's afternoon, swap the coffee for a cold drink, please wink kiss
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by imiofeh(f): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
1.Please enrol her in catering school
2.take her to your mother for training
3.take her to her own mother for training
Love covers multitude of sin!
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by kandiikane(m): 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
Eurgh, seems I've got to break down another long post. angry
[quote author=seunajia]

You claim not to be a feminist but you uphold and defend feminist views cheesy
I stand anywhere there is injustice. Doesn't mean I'm one. I.e. White people defending the blacks during slavery doesn't make them blacks or slaves.

Division of labour is said to create gender roles, which in-turn lead to gendered social behaviour.
Men's unique physical advantages in-terms of body size and upper body strength provides them an edge in those social activities that require such physical abilities.
Social activities? What social activities? So, because of a man's body build, he can't help with household chores? Take out the bin, help hoovers whilst the wife washes or vice versa? Sounds like a lazy excuse.

The traditional role of a man is to be the hustler, to provide: a bulk of the family's finances, shelter, be called in to maintain discipline (not necessarily physical), mentor the children by laying examples and ultimately manage the woman.
Traditional role, oh boy come off that mehn! These days everyone is a hustler even children. The world isn't getting any richer for 80% of the population and the man's income alone won't suffice a family unless he's earning a substantial amount and then some. Today's society calls for both women and men to go out in the work force.

Like I said earlier, the woman manages the home, while the man manages the woman-- gender roles! It's a joint thing, "united we stand,..."
You talk of a joint thing but still stand to seperate men and women? How does the work? They are opposites. The man manages the woman? What? So, the woman cannot manage herself, ehn? A man has to manage her and put her in her place? Na wa!

I don't know the kind of men you know, but I'm not your beer parlour guy and their are brazillions of guys like this.
Men are not taking responsibilites for their homes and families. They feel it's the woman's job to do everything.

Responsible married people spend time with their families. Spending extended time outside the home is not advisable. Anyway, nobody holy pass wink

You say this but still insists from your previous posts that it's the woman's job to bring up the children and if anything goes bad, it's because of the woman's inabilities. What is the man doing at home then(if he's actually at home)? Lazying his azz around, acting like a king? Why shouldn't he also be blamed for their children turning out bad?

That I made an example of a few prominent people does not mean they are limited. And matriarchal systems plenty wella. If women were slaves, those people won't have made it to the throne. BTW, did I not mention "ordinary citizen"? Paranoia na serious disease o.
Wetin paranoia come do with this? Because a couple were on the throne still doesn't mean that men didn't try to 'manage' them. They were still seen as inferior. Let's take the english queen, is she the one who makes all the decisions in her country? Wetin parliament come do for there? My guess is even those egpytian queens you mention still had men telling them how to run their kingdoms.

Please discard this beer parlour prejudice. Not all men are that way. And it's wrong to make an example of evil. Absence of the father or mother is not a good thing.
It's the truth. Instead of being at home and jointly bringing up their families and home, men are out there playing single.
It's not a good thing but there are huge amounts of men who have abandoned their posts in jointly bringing up their children and that fact should be made known.

Mother mother mother. Ofcourse. Our mothers are our first loves. We spend over 70% of our home times with them.
Religion: In an hadith of the holy prophet Muhammed(SAW), a man asked the prophet "who I should honour more between my parents", the prophet(SAW) replied "your mother". Then the man asked, "and who comes next?" The reply again: "your mother". He asked the third time and the reply was the same. It was when he asked the fourth time the prophet replied: "your father".
Another saying: "The salvation of a child lies under the feet of his mother"
Another one: "Train a child and build a nation".

What else Kandi? What else?

Are you honouring mothers by telling them they should be in the kitchen? Why do you have to limit a woman's ability to the confines of the household?

Inability to prepare palatable meals is not good enough, it's also a pointer to major flaws in the lady's upbringing.

Come on, stop this nonsense. Another stereotype.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by seunajia: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
I stand anywhere there is injustice. Doesn't mean I'm one. I.e. White people defending the blacks during slavery doesn't make them blacks or slaves

Wrong analogy madam, White folks opposing slavery obviously does not make them slaves or blacks, it makes them anti-racist i.e liberals. Thus it follows to call you a feminist when you defend feminism. Geddit?

Social activities? What social activities? So, because of a man's body build, he can't help with household chores? Take out the bin, help hoovers whilst the wife washes or vice versa? Sounds like a lazy excuse

Stop vomiting the same thing. It's clear from all our back and forth that I don't find a big deal in helping at home. Rid yourself of the prejudice angry

Traditional role, oh boy come off that mehn! These days everyone is a hustler even children. The world isn't getting any richer for 80% of the population and the man's income alone won't suffice a family unless he's earning a substantial amount and then some. Today's society calls for both women and men to go out in the work force.

Again, I have addressed this in my previous posts. Money is not every thing. Would you rather be rich than spend quality time with your family? Let's stop moving in circles.

You talk of a joint thing but still stand to seperate men and women? How does the work? They are opposites. The man manages the woman? What? So, the woman cannot manage herself, ehn? A man has to manage her and put her in her place? Na wa!

What is the point in getting married then. After all, she can manage herself and not be subject to a man. I have not said anything about putting her in a place. If you insist I have, please quote.

Men are not taking responsibilites for their homes and families. They feel it's the woman's job to do everything.
You say this but still insists from your previous posts that it's the woman's job to bring up the children and if anything goes bad, it's because of the woman's inabilities. What is the man doing at home then(if he's actually at home)? Lazying his azz around, acting like a king? Why shouldn't he also be blamed for their children turning out bad?

I spoke against this and, you and I know it's wrong. It suits you to stay fixated to your prejudices though angry what percentage of men behave this way?

Are you honouring mothers by telling them they should be in the kitchen? Why do you have to limit a woman's ability to the confines of the household?

Did I say this? NO. Were our mothers before 1960 confined to the home? NO. Weren't they farming and trading? YES. So Where do you keep getting these claims from? PREJUDICE. What are you? A PARANOID FEMINIST gringringrin

Our discussion has lost lustre and become boring because I've had to repeat myself a Zillion times.
It makes no sense going further. I'm agreeing that we disagree --you are apparently fixated to your prejudice.

It's been a fairly healthy discussion KandiLove grin Take good care of yourself ma'am!
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by kandiikane(m): 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
^the discussions became boring because you're chatting shyt. Plus, it seems like you have starting seeing the light by accepting the concept of equal responsibilites (Helping eachother around etc) and not limiting a woman to a box.

..Still doesn't make me a feminist.

By saying a man should manage the woman, it implies control. Why does a woman need a man to manage her, I asked you? Can she not manage herself.

Do yóu enter marriage to 'manage' a woman? Is that what marriage is to you?

I'm done.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by tjskii(f): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
Kandi kandi kandi,ow many times did I call u,u too lik to dey argue,oya report to d fashion section ASAP
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by 2sa2: 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
kandiikane:

Thank you!!!

Imagine, acting as if the world has ended because his "fiancee" can't cook.

What rubbish! What about you? Were you born without hands and feet?

Rubbish!
u make it very obvious that you cant cook. Its very important for a woman to know how to cook, u need to know that men feel very good after eating a well prepared meal. It goes a long way in affecting his mood through out that day. Those that say the way to a man's heart is through the stomach are not fools, so don't downplay the importance of a woman's ability to cook. you husband or boyfriend may for now be smiling at you or assisting you to cook, but i can assure you that it cannot be for too long, one day he will tell you the bitter truth.

@ post, if you know how to cook, teach her now or if not advise here to go to a catering school, i know a lot of people that passed through such schools and today are fabulous cooks.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by kandiikane(m): 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
@2sa2 guy, keep your fonts away from me.

You typing that nonsense towards me will have no effect on me. Ofcourse, I was expecting no less from a man.
tjskii: Kandi kandi kandi,ow many times did I call u,u too lik to dey argue,oya report to d fashion section ASAP

Lol, it's not that jor, I just hate when men feel like kings and chastise women for things that can be solved with simple solutions.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by 2sa2: 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
kandiikane: @2sa2 guy, keep your fonts away from me.

You typing that nonsense towards me will have no effect on me. Ofcourse, I was expecting no less from a man.

And who says i'm a man? you are simply lost - new generation my foot.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by kandiikane(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
What the hell are you on about?

Even if you are a woman, I mentioned earlier it's women like you who do not value themselves and see themselves worthless.

There are women who were born to live for themselves and there are women who were born to live for men.

...But you are a man.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by 2sa2: 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
kandiikane: What the hell are you on about?

Even if you are a woman, I mentioned earlier it's women like you who do not value themselves and see themselves worthless.

There are women who were born to live for themselves and there are women who were born to live for men.

...But you are a man.
ok!! u win, whatever!!!
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by Zhedoga: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
can u cook? if u can;t then why are you complaining? but if you can cook pls teach her.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2012
if you have tried everything which didnt work,

Speak to her mom abeg!
At least a lady must be able to cook something now,

Haba!

That does not mean that men should not know how to cook too!
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook by ashmanpolo: 9:35am On Sep 19, 2012
T̶̲̥̅̊н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇α̇̇̇̊ŋƙz everyone. After all said N done she's making A̷̷̴̐͠ good edible meal nw. Thumbs up fφя̩̥̊ all T̶̲̥̅̊н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ advices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Prepare Peppered Goat Meat Without Grill (tasty Asun Recipe) / Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt / Edikaikong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.