Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1834692 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
glowin2shyn: as in ehn...dey r usin french to intimidate us..embarassedangry @ la homme francais,,,Je parle francais aussi.......:p

Baby, ukwu gi nwe weight wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
alutacontinua:

Wanted neuro too but it'll be too demanding. Unlike a lot of people on this thread, my life can't revolve around medicine, i need to enjoy this life, i cannot be cutting skull and scalp all the days of my life. At the same time, i cannot do something too simple, i like challenges, anything 'not too challenging' makes me feel useless...hence, the decision for 'cardio'...would do it for a few years and take to something else later. IF GOD WILLS!
I like challenging stuffs too, though i have interest in those four but still think cardio- is the best cos i love the human heart, want to write USMLE when i get to part 5 but don't know how true the "2015 deadline for intake of IMG residents" tin is? So am in a state of "lord have mercy" right now. About leaving medicine for something else, why would u want to do that? And if i may ask, what do you to leave for, after the supposed"few years?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 6:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Phoenix baba,welcome 4rm d jungle of idi araba........now that u are back,upcoming idi arabites need a brief summary of how things are going on over there........As 4 me i prefer either O&G,psychiatry or neuro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
joeydozzy:

Baby, ukwu gi nwe weight wink
Huh?......ermmmmm...oginnni?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Phoenix6278: Hmmmm, I've really missed! How's everyone?
@alutacontinua best of luck, when will u be writing
?
@Boss Lagusta I'♏ hailing
Lomaxx, Alllandro, Dr Gboy, charleymed, glowin2shine, Joey, and others you all rock! Lemmie quickly catch up with the thread.
hello doc,,,hauz it been?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
Phoenix6278: Hmmmm, I've really missed! How's everyone?
@alutacontinua best of luck, when will u be writing
?
@Boss Lagusta I'♏ hailing
Lomaxx, Alllandro, Dr Gboy, charleymed, glowin2shine, Joey, and others you all rock! Lemmie quickly catch up with the thread.

Hey, Thank God u're back. It's over 4 mnths since ur last post. I quite agree with Aliandro, we need some serious breifing on idi-araba stuff. Lyk d lecturers themselves. I heard most lecturers and profs detest students passing their courses. They make u learn medicine in a very harsh academic environment. Is that actually true?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
AFTER ONE WEEK, AM NOW BACK TO THIS THREAD, PLEASE JOIN ME AND THANK GOD, MY HANDLE EMZYBROWN WAS JAILED FROM COMMENTING IN EDUCATION SECTION, I MADE AN APPEAL AFTER A WEEK OF HEAVY LITIGATION, I HAVE BEEN FREED, DISCHARGED AND ACQUITTED.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
joeydozzy:

I'm aii

espérons que votre journée se passe mieux que la mienne?

Bien passe; merci. Just damn stressful as I'm making preparations for "tomorrow's journey"..

Je te souhate une bonne nuit!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
TONYE001:

Bien passe; merci. Just damn stressful as I'm making preparations for "tomorrow's journey"..

Je te souhate une bonne nuit!

Bonne nuit
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 12:58am On Sep 14, 2013
@Drgboy,where u dey all diz while?Now dat phoenix is back,hope we will c u often.......Dr phoenix,we are waiting patiently 4 a good and well written answers 4 our questionz.....Good mawning 2 u all
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samgreguc(m): 6:29am On Sep 15, 2013
Is pharmacy lucrative?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 15, 2013
Samgreguc: Is pharmacy lucrative?

People make money from everything in the world!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
ASUU is on strike,NMA just called off deirz,Medicoz,pharmacist,lab dudes,nurses don embark on strike also........on behalf of FG,I appeal 2 d medical student under the jurisdiction of Dr lagusta 2 come back online.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
aliandro: ASUU is on strike,NMA just called off deirz,Medicoz,pharmacist,lab dudes,nurses don embark on strike also........on behalf of FG,I appeal 2 d medical student under the jurisdiction of Dr lagusta 2 come back online.....

Haha...they will all come back.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by survivor10(m): 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
$advice$For peeps in premedical year,have fun while it lasts. Preclinical year at first wil be fun and after dt first six months ROYAL RUMBLE wil begin...bt dnt worry,ppl have passd through it n who wil nt be an exception.GRACIAS!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
alutacontinua:

My boss, how are things on your side?

Guys, it's time to start preparing for USMLE oo....i gotta write that exam next year by his grace!
i am scarrreeeeeeddddddddd............don't even know where to start from!
Sooooooooooo many things in my head.....should I start with the organ-system approach or subject approach? Should I just start with videos or textbooks? Should i buy hard copy textbooks or keep using my soft copies? I don't even know where to start from...there are just soooooooooooooooooooooo many things to read and I cannot afford to fail or 'just pass'...I gotta pass well! Somebody should please tell me it would be fine! pleeeeaaaassssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Its gonna be fine.
I suggest you start with the videos,then the textbooks(helps you understand and comprehend faster and saves lota time trying to figure things out too).After that,you can test yourself with the question bank so as to discover your weaknesses(brush them up) and your strengths.
Just do the best you can,you gonna be just fine.I believe you will share your success with us soon.

Will thread this path next yr.God willing.

All the best.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
@survivor,Give us enough detailz.Bosses of d room don come online,D oga @ d top are still flexing......Oga phoenix,where u dey?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
aliandro: @survivor,Give us enough detailz.Bosses of d room don come online,D oga @ d top are still flexing......Oga phoenix,where u dey?

i dey nah,
yeah we are waiting ooo Dr. phoenix, lagusta, lomaxx, Aluta, charleymed, d best doc, and other experienced docs in the house, abeg enlighten us on what to expect in med schl.

If possible, u could share some tips, study techniques,pieces of advice, and even some mistakes u made, so that we could take a cue from ur experience and fecundate us to be ready for this ROYAL RUMBLE just as survivor10 said.

Experience they say is the best teacher.
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
survivor10: $advice$For peeps in premedical year,have fun while it lasts. Preclinical year at first wil be fun and after dt first six months ROYAL RUMBLE wil begin...bt dnt worry,ppl have passd through it n who wil nt be an exception.GRACIAS!

Thanks.. Encouraging words

could you be detailed? So i could know if i want to be a John Cena or The Big Show grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SamConquer(m): 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
What a Question!!!Can't You see how people Like Prof.Dora Akunyili,Stella Okoli(owner of Emzor pharma),Daryl Katz and others are 'Poor'......I decided to answer you sarcastically,cause this Your question na wa...Which field in the Healthcare is business oriented like pharmacy...Pharmacy is both business and health oriented...So Yes!!!Pharmacy is very Lucrative......Infact most Jobs and Courses nowadays involve one 'knowing yourself' and knowing Your way,and be good at what one does.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by joshuapharm(m): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2013

Have you heard pharmacists say 'we do it all' before? It's more lucrative than you can think of. Think about it, you can carry out ur professional service in a myriad of settings. That's the only reason why ur medical doctor mates'll be jealous of you and want to throw u out of the hospital setting.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
joshuapharm:

Have you heard pharmacists say 'we do it all' before? It's more lucrative than you can think of. Think about it, you can carry out ur professional service in a myriad of settings. That's the only reason why ur medical doctor mates'll be jealous of you and want to throw u out of the hospital setting .

Notice how other people approached the same question in maturity and without any form of unprofessional bias.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hardmanvicky(m): 7:02am On Sep 16, 2013
TONYE001:

Got ya! We are basically saying the same thing.. Thus one can say that the endocrine gland is ruled "indirectly". Question: In an indirect rule setting (speaking of politics), who truly is the ruler? The man that sits on the chair or the man "behind the scene"?

The pituitary is like a "messenger" that is pushed around by the "Oga at the Top"...

Yes, the master of ONE is the master of ALL if the ONE is the "master" of the ALL but the master of the ONE...lolz..

Good thing you know the principle of Negative Feedback is watching you...

I guess we should go by the books until we get to write ours someday...

Thanks for sharing though...

Nice evening.. smiley
eni to leru loleru right
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samgreguc(m): 11:26am On Sep 16, 2013
SamConquer: What a Question!!!Can't You see how people Like Prof.Dora Akunyili,Stella Okoli(owner of Emzor pharma),Daryl Katz and others are 'Poor'......I decided to answer you sarcastically,cause this Your question na wa...Which field in the Healthcare is business oriented like pharmacy...Pharmacy is both business and health oriented...So Yes!!!Pharmacy is very Lucrative......Infact most Jobs and Courses nowadays involve one 'knowing yourself' and knowing Your way,and be good at what one does.
thanks I appreciate. U on fb?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samgreguc(m): 11:28am On Sep 16, 2013
joshuapharm:

Have you heard pharmacists say 'we do it all' before? It's more lucrative than you can think of. Think about it, you can carry out ur professional service in a myriad of settings. That's the only reason why ur medical doctor mates'll be jealous of you and want to throw u out of the hospital setting.
k. Thanks, u on fb?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gregdcutie(m): 12:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
hey! Medics
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
Gregdcutie: hey! Medics

Hey. What's up?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gregdcutie(m): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
lomaxx:

Hey. What's up?
lomaxx we are still persisting while our enemies diminish. Just decided to visit this thread 2da and its been fun getting updated with very insightful and hillarious pages on this thread. Dr.
phoenix, lagusta, Aluta,
charleymed, d best doc,sam conquer,tonye001 and other
experienced docs in the house,much respect guys..and lomaxx dont get vexed with joshuapharm its the passion that comes with this medic profession sometimes. And our very own dr.aluta all the best in your usmle from me and all NL MEDICS .God's speed guyz and keep thriving while your enemies diminish¤
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Those non doctors, have started envying doc here. Na waaa for you oooooo. Up mbbs. Up pharm, nurs,physio, dentis and the rest health sciences.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 10:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
We make sounds,no 1 replied,we produce echoes no 1 cares,we dey manufacture reverberations naw,letz c who wil answer. 2 all oga @ d top,answer our questionz oo,we dey beg

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.