Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1827722 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damo53(m): 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
ave being following dis trend from day 1...thinking I would join when I fall into d field of d great medics...buh here I am today reping dentistry/dental surgery ...unilag.......happy new year... docs...love ya all...so happy mehn...hope am welkomed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
@ vicksbaba and aliandro
yeah we'll be writing on d 27th hopefully we'll join u guys soon, probably by march or april.
we'll surely get there. Hope u're enjoying ur hols too?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Boluzie(m): 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
damo53: ave being following dis trend from day 1...thinking I would join when I fall into d field of d great medics...buh here I am today reping dentistry/dental surgery ...unilag.......happy new year... docs...love ya all...so happy mehn...hope am welkomed
U r welcome newest doc...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Johnfavour(m): 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hello Medics. Compliments of d season. Please am a 300level biochemistry students of a university n I v been doing jamb to study medicine since i got admitted with my 1st jamb but i wasnt admitted for 2nd choice n indigene reasons, now i want to take jamb again coz i really love the profession. Am I welcomed?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
Babalola1990: A1: Acute Pancreatitis. A2 : Pleural effusion from exudate leakage of the excess amylase and lipase

You nailed it bro.

Very correct. grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
Johnfavour: Hello Medics. Compliments of d season. Please am a 300level biochemistry students of a university n I v been doing jamb to study medicine since i got admitted with my 1st jamb but i wasnt admitted for 2nd choice n indigene reasons, now i want to take jamb again coz i really love the profession. Am I welcomed?

You're more than welcome.

Why don't you sit for a while why I fetch you our popular drink around here grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 4:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
Johnfavour: Hello Medics. Compliments of d season. Please am a 300level biochemistry students of a university n I v been doing jamb to study medicine since i got admitted with my 1st jamb but i wasnt admitted for 2nd choice n indigene reasons, now i want to take jamb again coz i really love the profession. Am I welcomed?
300level biochemistry? Are u sure u won't just graduate and come in for medicine via direct entry?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
damo53: ave being following dis trend from day 1...thinking I would join when I fall into d field of d great medics...buh here I am today reping dentistry/dental surgery ...unilag.......happy new year... docs...love ya all...so happy mehn...hope am welkomed

Welcome bro. Welcome
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Johnfavour(m): 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

You're more than welcome.

Why don't you sit for a while why I fetch you our popular drink around here grin grin
tanx sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babalola1990: 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

You nailed it bro.

Very correct. grin
Yes boss. I'm most loyal... cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Johnfavour(m): 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
STORM2:
300level biochemistry? Are u sure u won't just graduate and come in for medicine via direct entry?
i m still prayin 4 my G.P oh. I dont want to av false hope
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babalola1990: 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2014
a majestic seat for your highness. grin.. Keep pressing on with UTME since that's the course what you want, and if it's still same the end, you may opt in for STORM2(f) suggestion. #almost missed the 2 after the storm# Welcome Sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
vicksbaba:
Dr.lomaxx.....when I grow up, I want to be like you.... seriously!....... joeprince the second (can you feel the royalty in his name! ) wished you compliments of the season......

Compliments of the season bro. We will get there grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
Johnfavour: i m still prayin 4 my G.P oh. I dont want to av false hope
Ah! okay. I understand. I'm a 2:2 student myself (microbiology) so I know how it can be getting into medicine via direct entry. Well, welcome brother. And I sincerely wish u the best. The key to jamb is past questions oh. Buy the jamb question booklets and dedicate 3months to finishing them ALL. U'll be shocked at ur performance in JAMB. And about ur G.P.A...u still have time. Anything can be turned around once u're determined. That's a lesson I learned late in school. Once again all the best.... smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
Babalola1990: a majestic seat for your highness. grin.. Keep pressing on with UTME since that's the course what you want, and if it's still same the end, you may opt in for STORM2(f) suggestion. #almost missed the 2 after the storm# Welcome Sir.
Lol.....
I've always preferred the direct entry route. But I understand what he is saying. Cos it was just by Gods grace that I got into MBBS in UNN with my 2.2. Biochemistry is a tough department but nothing is impossible with hard work.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
16 bottles a week?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
Tenison96: 16 bottles a week?

grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nomski0(f): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
Happy new year guys. I had no idea this thread existed. smiley

100level.
Medicine.
University of Benin.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
Greetings to u all.

I promised a friend to make inquiries on the universities dat accept two sittings in waec for medicine just like abu, d one I know.
Tnx for ur undstnding en cooperation!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nomski0: Happy new year guys. I had no idea this thread existed. smiley

100level.
Medicine.
University of Benin.

Welcome to the thread. wink wink

Dr Lagusta keep your eyes off this one angry angry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2014

100level.
Medicine.
University of Benin.

Welcome Nomski... what happened to the science gurus thread?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

Welcome to the thread. wink wink

Dr Lagusta keep your eyes off this one angry angry

More like mission impossible grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
m.esther96 is okay for me......
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lebienconnu: 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
STORM2:
Lol.....
I've always preferred the direct entry route. But I understand what he is saying. Cos it was just by Gods grace that I got into MBBS in UNN with my 2.2. Biochemistry is a tough department but nothing is impossible with hard work.

Dr Storm, i just 'liked' your profile pix. i could not help but admire that cherubic, angelic, beautiful and pwiry face. i do not need to be TB Joshua to prophesize that you gonna be a cute Doctress.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
Tenison96:

More like mission impossible grin

I won't be the first to be curved. grin

Certainly not the last tongue
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lagusta: m.esther96 is okay for me......

Bless you bro. Bless you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
only a genius will get this.....

a middle-aged white lady came into the country. two weeks later, She developed fever and malaise, later progressed to abdominal pains, headache, high fever and vomiting with 'coffee-grrounds' colour. on examination, She was pale, lethargic, pulse: 121 bpm, RR: 45 cpm.....

what is your diagnosis??

what should the patient have done before travelling

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
* Clears throat*

I am elated to see d rejuvenation of dis great thread. Now we av active members who spare dia precious time to enliven it with questions and answers worthy of note( I am now acquainted with some medical terms(gosko..(lolz) ; in d midst of my friends, I always av an edge over dem cos of my exposure to stuffs here on dis thread...) - I must confess.

Though belated, I wish every member and guest a happy new year.

Pls, I av a question I av been grappling with.

As a medical student, do u always tend to diagnose yourself with any disease u read about?

Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
le bien connu:

Dr Storm, i just 'liked' your profile pix. i could not help but admire that cherubic, angelic, beautiful and pwiry face. i do not need to be TB Joshua to prophesize that you gonna be a cute Doctress.

*clears my itchy throat again*

Anyone really observant wud know dat medics are brilliant observers.

Hmmnnn... I need to check d word "admire" in d dico to verify sth.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lagusta: only a genius will get this.....

a middle-aged white lady came into the country. two weeks later, She developed fever and malaise, later progressed to abdominal pains, headache, high fever and vomiting with 'coffee-grrounds' colour. on examination, She was pale, lethargic, pulse: 121 bpm, RR: 45 cpm.....

what is your diagnosis??

what should the patient have done before travelling

1- Yellow fever.

2- She should have been vaccinated beforre travelling.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Quatermaine: 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2014

100level.
Medicine.
University of Benin.

Cool.. The 2nd Medic from Uniben I've seen on this thread..

Welldone Ma.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:
1- Yellow fever.
2- She should have been vaccinated beforre travelling.

do you know that, in our final year class, we were served this question, only 8 of us (myself inclusive) got the diagnosis correctly... others were saying severe malaria, leptospirosis, etc.....

in fact, you are a genius!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.