Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1847217 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lagusta:

do you know that, in our final year class, we were served this question, only 8 of us (myself inclusive) got the diagnosis correctly... others were saying severe malaria, leptospirosis, etc.....

in fact, you are a genius!!!

Haha...I'm getting there. grin grin

1) High fever is most typically indicative of a viral infection.
2) Lethargy, Malaise and Fever are prodromes of viral infection.
3) Coffee-brown vomit indicates a haemorrhagic aetiology.
4) This person is a traveller to a Tropical region and probably lacks immunity to it. This viral infection should be common here.
5) What's the commonest tropical haemorrhagic viral disease? Yellow fever.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
le bien connu:

Dr Storm, i just 'liked' your profile pix. i could not help but admire that cherubic, angelic, beautiful and pwiry face. i do not need to be TB Joshua to prophesize that you gonna be a cute Doctress.
shocked shocked shocked
*faints from excess happiness*

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by docsholz(m): 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
Doc lomaxx and lagusta just made me realise I have so much to learn, I'll get there one day
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Quatermaine: 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
We withdraw at 200L if u fail twice, 300L if u fail thrice and 400L if u fail 4 times (I didn't say repeat 4 times ooooo)

Can someone (most especially Dr Lagusta) please make this explicit, it's Vague.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
Good evening Doctors in the house. U guys are doing great job. I have being following this thread for long, but silent because i have nothing to contribute.

Am an aspirant though i wrote Jamb last year to study medicine but wasn't given admission due to increase in cut off mark for medicine from 50 to 60
, am from Delta state and the school i registered for was Delsu.

I have the intention of taking another jamb this year but kinda confuse on which university where the school fees is less, and more favourable, "i live in lagos" now that is one university. I don't wanna make mistakes

i don't really know how costly it can be studing medicine in delsu?

Which university do you think will be favourabe and more easy to get admission couple with less school fees?

I dnt want to endanger my admission this year due to lack of information, please i beleive that with your help and advice am ganna achieve my dream this year.

Advice me please
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAmanda(f): 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hi Everyone.
I'm Amanda..
A fresher... Delsu
Medicine and Surgery

Well, I've been following this thread for a while.. This thread is just so on point.. Nice thread#

Happy New Year

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
Dr. Amanda:
Hi Everyone.
I'm Amanda..
A fresher... Delsu
Medicine and Surgery

Well, I've been following this thread for a while.. This thread is just so on point.. Nice thread#

Happy New Year

Welcome. Welcome.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 10:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
Dr. Amanda:
Hi Everyone.
I'm Amanda..
A fresher... Delsu
Medicine and Surgery

Happy New Year

with d grace bestowed on me by God and my nairaland god fathers in medicine(Lagusta, lomaxx...) u r highly welcome
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
Dr. Amanda:
Hi Everyone.
I'm Amanda..
A fresher... Delsu
Medicine and Surgery

Happy New Year

hi Amanda am so happy for you. Congratulatiooooon
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAmanda(f): 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

Welcome. Welcome.
Thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babalola1990: 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
grin grin@Dr Lomaxx, I can't pretend not to notice your increasing affinity for these emerging XXs... Seems the ministry is moving in another direction.. gringrin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAmanda(f): 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
faboben10:
with d grace bestowed on me by God and my nairaland god fathers in medicine(Lagusta, lomaxx...) u r highly welcome
Thanks bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lagusta: m.esther96 is okay for me......
shd i cal dz joke of the year?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAmanda(f): 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
Fedric:
hi Amanda am so happy for you. Congratulatiooooon
Thanks dear
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
Fedric: Good evening Doctors in the house. U guys are doing great job. I have being following this thread for long, but silent because i have nothing to contribute.

Am an aspirant though i wrote Jamb last year to study medicine but wasn't given admission due to increase in cut off mark for medicine from 50 to 60
, am from Delta state and the school i registered for was Delsu.

I have the intention of taking another jamb this year but kinda confuse on which university where the school fees is less, and more favourable, "i live in lagos" now that is one university. I don't wanna make mistakes

i don't really know how costly it can be studing medicine in delsu?

Which university do you think will be favourabe and more easy to get admission couple with less school fees?

I dnt want to endanger my admission this year due to lack of information, please i beleive that with your help and advice am ganna achieve my dream this year.

Advice me please

Your focus is:
1) Relatively easy to get in.
2) Relatively less school fee.
3) Favourable atmosphere to study med/surg.

1) It's becoming increasingly competitive to get in as the years roll by. You have to use your discretion here, find out the admitting parameters and work hard enough.

2) Federal universities generally have lower fees.

3) I believe schools nationwide are favourable in this regard. What ever school you choose, do your research.

I don't think anyone will tell you to go to so-so-and-so school. This is purely discretionary. Whatever choice you make, you stick with the responsibility. Hence,

1) make a choice,
2) know what is involved by asking questions; and 3) weigh your willingness to plunge in your efforts.

Good luck.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
m.esther96:

And the year has just begun grin grin

This has to be the deepest curve of the year. I'm laughing tears cheesy cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
m.esther96:

*yawns*

if Tyre burst, Na spare go replace am....

no worries....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
Babalola1990: grin grin@Dr Lomaxx, I can't pretend not to notice your increasing affinity for these emerging XXs... Seems the ministry is moving in another direction.. gringrin

For a mast cell to degranulate effectively, it must be coated with IgE antibodies...

I'm the IgE grin . All succulent mast cells on sight must be coated cool

Hope you catch my drift wink

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

And the year has just begun grin grin

This has to be the deepest curve of the year. I'm laughing tears cheesy cheesy

you'd better go and sleep before I inject you with dactinomycin, potassium chloride and flecainide by push....
angry

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lagusta:

*yawns*

I'm happy for you bro.

You just survived a curve. grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 10:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

Your focus is:
1) Relatively easy to get in.
2) Relatively less school fee.
3) Favourable atmosphere to study med/surg.

1) It's becoming increasingly competitive to get in as the years roll by. You have to use your discretion here, find out the admitting parameters and work hard enough.

2) Federal universities generally have lower fees.

3) I believe schools nationwide are favourable in this regard. What ever school you choose, do your research.

I don't think anyone will tell you to go to so-so-and-so school. This is purely discretionary. Whatever choice you make, you stick with the responsibility. Hence,

1) make a choice,
2) know what is involved by asking questions; and 3) weigh your willingness to plunge in your efforts.

Good luck.
thank you Doc Lomaxx for this warm advice. Thanks once more. More power to your elbow
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx n lagusta,dnt tel me u both r faitin on me?? ermmm m nt interested,got dt?

grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babalola1990: 11:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

For a mast cell to degranulate effectively, it must be coated with IgE antibodies...

I'm the IgE grin . All succulent mast cells on sight must be coated cool

Hope you catch my drift wink
hehehehe!! Roger that boss!! cheesycheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babalola1990: 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lagusta:

you'd better go and sleep before I inject you with dactinomycin, potassium chloride and flecainide by push....
angry
shocked Boss mi, u wan make him heart go gaga?.. Na joke na.. Lmao..grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 11:06pm On Jan 02, 2014
m.esther96:
lomaxx n lagusta,dnt tel me u both r faitin on me?? ermmm m nt interested,got dt?

grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:15pm On Jan 02, 2014
m.esther96:

grin grin

what Did you just say

me, fight over a lady??

Allah forbid!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ubechu1(m): 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
Xup Medicos, u guys are doing a nice job here. I hv be following this thread ryt from the first day. All tnks to Dr. Lomaxx, Dr. Lagusta, Dr. Aluta Continua...I hv always wanted to study Medicine but finally i got Veterinary Medicine in UNN...but still gonna work on my G.P. Inorder to cross over to MBBS in UNN. As soon as this dreams comes into reality in will begin to roar....don't hv much to say till then lipsrsealed grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LEGEND7466(m): 11:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
PLS GUYS WHICH UNIVERSUTY CAN I APPLY FOR DE WITH 3.20(BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES ) FOR MBBS ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
LEGEND7466: PLS GUYS WHICH UNIVERSUTY CAN I APPLY FOR DE WITH 3.20(BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES ) FOR MBBS ?
Sir i think at least a 2.1 is required in most universities, but try some state universities maybe you might be lucky.............
goodluck
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dapsondou(m): 11:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
damo53: ave being following dis trend from day 1...thinking I would join when I fall into d field of d great medics...buh here I am today reping dentistry/dental surgery ...unilag.......happy new year... docs...love ya all...so happy mehn...hope am welkomed

Welcome bro
I rep the same course
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gleefreak125(m): 11:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
See as dis genius medicos r silencin evry novice here (myself included). Chai, e gud 2 sabi book o. Dis days each tym I check d thread its virtually 2 learn how 2 diagnose diseases or treatment procedure. I can remember a stainin technique, auramin _rhodamine stainin was mentioned by Dr Lomaxx doe its an uncommon technique as he said it is used b4 acid fast stainin(Ziem Neelsen stainin) 2 attain a more effective result in MTb, I'm sure it wont sound 2 odd wen I l8r hear abt it in d lecture room as I've started work on knwin more abt d stainin technique. Mehn... Medicine 2 much joor, I've always craved 4 d course doe now studying MLS (no regrets), how gr8 will it b if dis gr8 stuffs r pourin outta my lil brain 2? Bt wat will b will b. I still luv medicine n will grab any opportunity 2 go 4 d course. 2 all d Doctors n evry1 else in d house I say HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!, this shall b a year of supernatural accomplishments 4 us all in d medical field. I LUV Y'ALL
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 1:29am On Jan 03, 2014
LEGEND7466: PLS GUYS WHICH UNIVERSUTY CAN I APPLY FOR DE WITH 3.20(BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES ) FOR MBBS ?
Emmm for now UNN is kind to 2.2 students. U just have to make sure u crush the entry exam. Hopefully they won't change that policy b4 u get in.
Best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.