Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,552 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1844268 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brownhypo: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
elvis10ten:
Prepare for JAMB 2016 CBT using PrepUp.

- Access thousands of past questions
- Free and Completely offline
- Get the jamb 2016 eSyllabus
- Study smartly using our Topics Performance chart that tells you areas you need to work on
- Detailed Explanations and clear diagrams
- Lots more

Download it now on Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=elvis10ten.com.past_questions
The app is superb! Practicing with this app will make you blast Jamb without any phobia. I took my first test and I got 73% in Biology. May God bless you for sharing this app
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abdullahi4u7(m): 5:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
Drdonzeez:
Even if It had secured it's first clinical accreditation which I'm not sure ,you cannot rule out the fact that It won't face any challenge in the future ! It's more adviceable to pick a well established medical school. Even though,challenges may come up in one way or the other,It's reputation will speak for itself.I'm sure you wouldn't want to spend 12 years studying medicine. there are better institutions around.Goodluck!
Thanks for your piece of advice. I'm grateful.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by elvis10ten(m): 10:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
Brownhypo:
The app is superb! Practicing with this app will make you blast Jamb without any phobia. I took my first test and I got 73% in Biology. May God bless you for sharing this app
Glad you love the app.
Please support the app by rating it 5 stars on playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=elvis10ten.com.past_questions.
Thank you for choosing PrepUp
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brownhypo: 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
elvis10ten:
Glad you love the app.
Please support the app by rating it 5 stars on playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=elvis10ten.com.past_questions.
Thank you for choosing PrepUp
Done! cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yungshallgrow(m): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
pls how hard is medical rehabilitation compared to medicine,nursing nd pharmacy and what is th
e faith of a medical rehab student?.....tanx in anticipation
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by elvis10ten(m): 10:12am On Feb 16, 2016
Brownhypo:
Done! cool
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 1:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
Two children Musa and Abubakar were born in a village in Kano state. The same week within two years of birth, Abubakar had several antipolio virus vaccination but Musa's parents were afraid because of superstitious believe and did not present Musa for immunization. Before their third birthday, polio epidermic occurred in the village affecting all the children. Musa became paralysed while Abubakar was not.
Discuss the principle in Musa's paralysis and sparing of Abubakar from paralysis.

Cc: ebsuguy, ikevin, Jargo89.

It is an assignment given to us. Thanks. I'm waiting in anticipation!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ikemsinachi:
Two children Musa and Abubakar were born in a village in Kano state. The same week within two years of birth, Abubakar had several antipolio virus vaccination but Musa's parents were afraid because of superstitious believe and did not present Musa for immunization. Before their third birthday, polio epidermic occurred in the village affecting all the children. Musa became paralysed while Abubakar was not.
Discuss the principle in Musa's paralysis and sparing of Abubakar from paralysis.

Cc: ebsuguy, ikevin, Jargo89.

It is an assignment given to us. Thanks. I'm waiting in anticipation!

The question is asking you to discuss the pathogenesis of polio viral infection and also the mechanism of formation of a specific immunity against a specific pathogen secondary to infection.
1.Musa was infected with the polio virus through the oral pharynx or respiratory tract.After viral replication in the oropharynx and small intestine(esp.within the lymphoid tissue),the virus spreads through the blood stream to the CNS.this it can also do by retrograde movement along the nerve axons.In the CNS,the virus preferentially replicate in the motor neuron located in the anterior horn of the spinal cord.This leads to the death of this cells which inturn leads to the paralysis of musa' muscles innervated by these neurons.
2.Abubakar was not paralysed because he received the salk(killed) or the sabin(life attenuated) vaccine which induced humoral antibodies production against the polio virus.During the epidemic,these antibodies neutralized the virus that entered the blood.hence,preventing them from causing CNS infection and disease.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
ebsuguy:

The question is asking you to discuss the pathogenesis of polio viral infection and also the mechanism of formation of a specific immunity against a specific pathogen secondary to infection.
1.Musa was infected with the polio virus through the oral pharynx or respiratory tract.After viral replication in the oropharynx and small intestine(esp.within the lymphoid tissue),the virus spreads through the blood stream to the CNS.this it can also do by retrograde movement along the nerve axons.In the CNS,the virus preferentially replicate in the motor neuron located in the anterior horn of the spinal cord.This leads to the death of this cells which inturn leads to the paralysis of musa' muscles innervated by these neurons.
2.Abubakar was not paralysed because he received the salk(killed) or the sabin(life attenuated) vaccine which induced humoral antibodies production against the polio virus.During the epidemic,these antibodies neutralized the virus that entered the blood.hence,preventing them from causing CNS infection and disease.
This guy is just too much of a boss. Nice explanation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2016
ebsuguy:

Baba stuff!!!

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dharmmy007(m): 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
ebsuguy:

really nice # lucid explanation #
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cana882(m): 1:21am On Feb 17, 2016
Good day house. Please I need an update on medical world in Africa relating to recent diseases and inventions, probably cause of disease.

God bless the inventor of this group because it have been very helpful.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 8:27am On Feb 17, 2016
ebsuguy:

Thank you so much. Remain blessed!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tommyBaba: 10:02am On Feb 17, 2016
Where is Dr. Gboy.. Please who have Dr. Gboy whatsapp number??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dalyjay(m): 6:46am On Feb 18, 2016
Guys, reprinting start today
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ChariZe: 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
I'm a DE applicant into Med/Surg in UNN. Please can I get 2nd year first Semester timetable from anyone here asap?
My watsapp no is 09021101569.
Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by natdswiftest123(f): 8:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
Gudevn evry1. I reprinted my jamb slip today and my exam date was fixed at 1st March, this turns out to be the exact same date and time I'll be having my phy113 exam in school. Pls I need advice on what to do
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HighIQ(m): 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
natdswiftest123:
Gudevn evry1. I reprinted my jamb slip today and my exam date was fixed at 1st March, this turns out to be the exact same date and time I'll be having my phy113 exam in school. Pls I need advice on what to do
Na gbege be dat o.I will advice you to forgo the physics and go for JAMB. Your prayer can also go a long way and the phy113 postponed.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
natdswiftest123:
Wait! I thought the reprinting is to start on Feb.22nd....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fabzgrace(f): 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
natdswiftest123:
Wow i guess ure a uniben student.
Are u sure thats the final date of the jamb exam?
Well if it happens to clash, i think u should know that life is all about risks and taking chances.
You could forgo your phy113 exam and who knows by next year you'd be singing your victory song abt being in medicine just like me.
All the best.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by natdswiftest123(f): 9:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
Fabzgrace:
Well if it happens to clash, i think u should know that life is all about risks and taking chances.
You could forgo your phy113 exam and who knows by next year you'd be singing your victory song abt being in medicine just like me.
All the best.
thanks fabz, it's well.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by natdswiftest123(f): 9:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
Fabzgrace:
All the best.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PilotOz(m): 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
natdswiftest123:
thanks fabz, it's well.
hw did u reprint?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aspiregreat: 10:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
natdswiftest123:

That's a tough coincidence, however,its all depends on your passion for medicine howbeit, I think you should write your exams and focus on one for now. you can write jamb next year if that's the case. My last words are; A bird in hand is better than a million in the bush ....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 3:35am On Feb 19, 2016
natdswiftest123:
The worst will be carry over for DAT course , use the pain smash jamb and post ume, is well , shey u know risk are meant to be taken in life though wisely. #Shallom
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dharmmy007(m): 7:05am On Feb 19, 2016
Itz quite possible u r able to do both since the time for the cbt exam is not usually fixed, so u can use it to your advantage
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 19, 2016
Exam ought to start February 29th
Bhu my exam date here is February 27th..
What's going on??
Beginning of confusion for jamb.. God help me...

Please guys, pray for me ooo
LA we wan open the floor.. LOL..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JOACHINpedro: 7:50am On Feb 19, 2016
Jason555:
What's going on??
Beginning of confusion for jamb.. God help me...

are u serious? 27th?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
Jason555:

What's going on??

Beginning of confusion for jamb..
God help me...

I even thought d exam should be for a week,and now my date is march 9
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
JOACHINpedro:
are u serious? 27th?
What do I stand to gain if I lie
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JOACHINpedro: 6:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
Jason555:
What do I stand to gain if I lie
i av comfirmed it..na true.. Bro bt u sound confidence enuf 4 the test...kudos cos u nid it more dan eva nw... I wish u wat u wish ur self IJN... And don't forget, God Still Leads

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.