Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1830741 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drvt: 7:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
doctors, students and aspirant in this house there's a little task for us.

medicine and veterinary medicine.

which career is better to venture into in the Nigeria of today or the nearest future?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Yep, they do. I know their quota is 50 but they admitted 61. Competition is stiff there but it is good
No full accreditation for MBBS yet.
you have to weigh the pros and cons before choosing that school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
MrEgghead:
No full accreditation but their fees are quite expensive.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
drvt:
doctors, students and aspirant in this house there's a little task for us.

medicine and veterinary medicine.

which career is better to venture into in the Nigeria of today or the nearest future?
Do you have passion for animals, a lover of pet? Go for vet.
if you wish to be a medical doctor, then you know what to choose.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

No full accreditation but their fees are quite expensive.
It's state owned..I was shocked when you said they admitted 61..that's quite fair and commendable for a state school.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HumanCalc: 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

I will advice you not pick UNIUYO. Reason is because they are admitted 127 with a quota of 50. What will happen to them when they proceed to write their 1st MBBS ehn.
As Ebonyi, it is a NO NO. Why didn't you pick Lautech? Just Go for it God will help you.
Why did you say ebonyi is a no no because I plan on applying there with 305 oo and 1A1 and 4B3s and I am a Yoruba.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Haustyne(m): 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
HumanCalc:
Why did you say ebonyi is a no no because I plan on applying there with 305 oo and 1A1 and 4B3s and I am a Yiruba.
With ur jamb score and olevel u have a good chance of getting admission on merit. I'd advise u change fast if u are considering applying there.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mete3: 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
TONYE001:

Hi.

How're you doing?

Please, I'd rather you don't share Pouvoir on Facebook or anywhere outside Nairaland.

Thanks for reading it... Do have a nice day.

Doc Tonye001
so you study at university of abuja.. I'd love to meet u after this pandemic will be no more... I'm a student there.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Yep I will choose chemistry anyday over biochemistry. Lol Do you know chemistry is harder than biochemistry and With a bit of chemistry, biochemistry will be a childs play. Besides chemists work virtually every. From pharmaceuticals,to cosmetics,to brewry to .....
A foundation of chemistry will make you know biochem. Besides Biochem is much of a waste in naija. Recall there is, organic,analytic,industrial chemistry.
Have you done either or them?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
HumanCalc:
Why did you say ebonyi is a no no because I plan on applying there with 305 oo and 1A1 and 4B3s and I am a Yiruba.
See you ooo. Ebonyi won't favour you as much oo but 305 and o level go for it no wahala
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
Xandre:
Have you done either or them?
I don't need to do any of them but I have read and I have many of them as big bros(not brothers) but dudes you get. They always blast biochemist most of the time sincerely. Nigeria,it is a No,No for Biochemistry or microbiology.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
Any medical student who needs pdf file for Standard Treatment Guidelines and Lange Pharmacology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HumanCalc: 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

See you ooo. Ebonyi won't favour you as much oo but 305 and o level go for it no wahala
I don't understand you. should I go or not? I don't want to waste my score oo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Observe it

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
HumanCalc:
I don't understand you. should I go or not? I don't want to waste my score oo
We all have to take risks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aboking: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:
Any medical student who needs pdf file for Standard Treatment Guidelines and Lange Pharmacology
pls send it to me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
aboking:
pls send it to me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
I also have Kd-tripathi pharmacology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2020

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Send me card 500 for the two. I also have encyclopedia of drug administration. My whatsapp number 07062534725 and I promise to send.
Just chill. You don't need this, honestly.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aquilapriscilla: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Send me card 500 for the two. I also have encyclopedia of drug administration. My whatsapp number 07062534725 and I promise to send.
shocked shocked
cheesy
grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aboking: 10:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

But you can't induct more than your quota. Even if they induct it can be more than a difference of 5.
Imagine UNN inducting 200 or UNIYO inducting 100. I doubt this. As time progresses quota will increase but with time. Nigeria has a huge deficit to fill for Doctors. Thinking they should admit more to cover this deficit but our Teaching hospitals are are a shame.
Have you been to UPTH? SUCH A SHAME.
UNICAL NKO?
AAU?
Quite a shame we lack so much facilities. Even Microscope na wahala . Infact medical students in Nigeria Federal schools are trying because they don't pay as much as their state counterparts. Struggling with wicked lecturers.
What they train medical students has a deficit in practicals.
what dunsin 125 said is true, my school graduate two sets every year

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
Aquilapriscilla:

shocked shocked
cheesy
grin
I am serious. Well una no go believe sha
shocked shocked
cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
horpeyemmi66:

Just chill. You don't need this, honestly.
I should just give you for free ehn come on. Nairaland don gba me too much. Come on naw
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Undilutedme: 12:52am On Jun 20, 2020
Zeeknow3245
Where do u get all these nonsense u say here from??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 2:50am On Jun 20, 2020
Undilutedme:
Zeeknow3245

Where do u get all these nonsense u say here from??
What nonsense? Pls say what you have to say pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 20, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

you sef won dey do like Starkid3010
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by militarydoctor: 9:13am On Jun 20, 2020
MrEgghead:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khub: 10:00am On Jun 20, 2020
mete3:

Doc Tonye001
so you study at university of abuja.. I'd love to meet u after this pandemic will be no more... I'm a student there...

Please check your mail, I want to ask you some questions
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:14am On Jun 20, 2020
militarydoctor:
so what are you insinuating br0?...I sh0uld remove Unimed out of the picture?
I didn't say that.
All you need to do is to understand the advantages and disadvantages of choosing that school.
The advantage could come in form of 'easy admission" compared to most schools because it's relatively a new institution and so many people may not have know it and you may be an indigene of Ondo state which is an added advantage..

The cons could be in form of the fees and various charges you're expected to pay as a student because it's state owned and More Importantly the accreditation status...Are you willing to bear the brunt of not graduating at the stipulated time because of accreditation? I'm not an Angel of doom but it's on record that most medical schools in Nigeria had in one time had accreditation issues and I don't think UNIMED will be different either because a lot of factors will come into play.

Delsu Medical school graduated its first set after 10 yrs, same goes to UNIABUJA, BSU, EKSU e.t.c

You have to understand all these before making your final decisions...If you can take the risk, there's no qualms but if you can't you know what to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2020
drvt:
a big thanks to the minds behind this thread...I've really gained a lot...just that I no understand admission this year oo.
is it certain it will start next month till August or we should chillax first?
Some forms are out and others will be coming later.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drvt: 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
dunsin125:
Some forms are out and others will be coming later.
k

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.