Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1828779 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
nurain150:

That's true, the truth is that everyone is here for the money.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
RuyiMedicDiary:
SPEAK FOR YOURSELF
That's true oo.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
nurain150:

That's true oo.

Dude you type and you should definitely sound like AI (Artificial intelligence) a.k.a robot. As in you are Obstinate (you no dey gree) and that's how robots are design (work according to how they are programmed any other foreign instruction won't be adhered to)

grin The way you type is funny too. As if you need a software update. You must be a fun person to be with smiley

8 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
NewSoul:

Dude you type and you should definitely sound like AI (Artificial intelligence) a.k.a robot. As in you are Obstinate (you no dey gree) and that's how robots are design (work according to how they are programmed any other foreign instruction won't be adhered to)

grin The way you type is funny too. As if you need a software update. You must be a fun person to be with smiley

Lol can you please tell me how a bot is made.

I hope you are a programmer cause e go pain me if you are not.

For you to understand IT to this level, I just hope you know what a bot is.

Well since you are stylishly asking for my contact you can always DM me Sha.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
nurain150:

Lol can you please tell me how a bot is made.

I hope you are a programmer cause e go pain me if you are not.

For you to understand IT to this level, I just hope you know what a bot is.

Well since you are stylishly asking for my contact you can always DM me Sha.
you're a vibe grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drchindo: 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
nurain150:

A guy from UNN or UNIBEN.

Here in Unilag you do gross anatomy of cadavers, that's a cool thing

And the Steeplechase well that's a bad thing.
U are a funny dude
In your previous comment u mention UNN UNIBEN as part of school that do dissection
Now it is just UNILAG cont....
nurain150:

Yeah but your inability to read upward comment may have affected you when I said I study cadavers extensively but do not dissect them.

He his telling a Pharm student to get into school Lol .

You can do masters in medicinal chemistry sha., That's even if you have a degree.
From dissecting cadavers to studying extensively, please how can you study a cadaver extensively ND not dissect no difference using model which most nursing and para medical courses use

If u want to study medicine I think jamb we be starting reg very soon
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 12:49am On Nov 11, 2021
Drchindo:

U are a funny dude
In your previous comment u mention UNN UNIBEN as part of school that do dissection
Now it is just UNILAG cont....
From dissecting cadavers to studying extensively, please how can you study a cadaver extensively ND not dissect no difference using model which most nursing and para medical courses use

If u want to study medicine I think jamb we be starting reg very soon
Throwing cheap lines won't do here and emotional qoute.

Now tell me if dissecting is not just a single course in the whole anatomy Lab.

Don't score cheap lines it sucks.

Where is your gross anatomy lab you left it in the pot.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jolly94: 11:10am On Nov 11, 2021
The last time I checked the title of this thread, it's meant for medical students and aspirants ( please note, not Pharmacy students and aspirants). This is not a place for anyone with inferiority complex to compare MBBS/BDS with his ALMIGHTY PHARMACY.

You can as well create a thread for yourself and your cohorts to exhibit your crass ideologies and wallow in your wanton myopic fantasy. If the prospect of dissecting cadaver makes you feel self important and massage your already fray ego, then congratulations ( Which I don't think is the case in any Pharmacy School).

ADVICE: Pharmacy is great and lovely. Do your best in it and come out top, then the sky will not just be your limit but starting point.

If you don't find satisfaction studying it, the door is always open to pick another Jamb form and apply for MBBS/BDS ( which is obvious, and what this thread stands for, hoping that you wouldn't be denied again) before it's too late by joining your JOHESU colleagues causing trouble to an already overstretched and underfunded healthcare system by equalling yourselves with doctors with an obvious different Job description.

10 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
This video helped me know the 15 BEST channels for understanding difficult topics in ANATOMY, BIOCHEMISTRY & PHYSIOLOGY. cheesy Those channels helped me so much throughout my preclinicals cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLRlUK42GMM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chiunlimited(m): 6:43am On Nov 12, 2021
cool
chiunlimited:
All Unical Medical aspirants , a WhatsApp group has been created for you guys. To be a member and interact with your aspiring medical course mates and get vital information on Unical admission process. Add up this number 08024129637
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:15am On Nov 13, 2021
All these comparisons are not even Necessary. Our Health System is in shambles and citizens are not holding government accountable.
22 years of concurrent of Democratic rulership and this is the shit we are in. Poor funding of health system. Imagine a Nation like Nigeria, many people are dying of Cholera. Cholera!!!!!!. We are training Doctors for foreign countries. Approving Medical schools but not revamping the Hospitals. I gave heard stories on radio, watched on TV on how some tests can't be carried out In the hospital because it is filled up. My father before his demise had to do blood tests and scans outside the hospital because there's no space, machines are not enough in LUTH.
How many Government hospitals in Nigeria are actually working at optimum to meet the population?
We need more Hospitals not expanding the schools that can teach the course. As big as America is with their population, how many Medical and Osteopathic schools are there combined. But the Hospitals are there to meet the demand of young graduates.
In Nigeria many can't find space in Hospitals and have to pay or go to some private hospitals. I have people who just got inducted into the profession barely two years and they're into crypto currency, gathering money to leave.
Once we have the facilities in place then we train more. We are even short of Doctors in Nigeria sef. We need these hospitals and I know what I am saying. It's going to be bad for Nigeria when we must have doubled and we have less than a million Doctors and our facilities are like shit. We call things great but it's just mediocre compared to what Nigeria can bring if committed.
They stress them in school and Real life. Nigeria is hell jare. 90% of Medical students in this Group are saving to leave Nigeria abroad. Others are contemplating it.
Doctors are trying but this Argument of how great a school is just personal effort. I tire shaaa.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 1:44am On Nov 13, 2021
nurain150:

Not everyone is studying or wants to MBBS/BDS because of the money. There are other reasons like job security, easy employment, passion, to mention a few

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 7:02am On Nov 13, 2021
nurain150:

Yoo. You type like one Zeeknow guy on this thread. You both like to yarn mostly dust but in a funny way. It's nice sha, you're allowed to be anything you want to be on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:31am On Nov 13, 2021
nurain150:

You are a troll
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:43am On Nov 13, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:

Yoo. You type like one Zeeknow guy on this thread. You both like to yarn mostly dust but in a funny way. It's nice sha, you're allowed to be anything you want to be on this thread.
E be like say you must definitely be Ignorant and deliberately delusional to compare me with this guy. Both of us have had rift so no dey compare me with this guy. Check my topics Oga. Some are comical and others insightful. I may be annoying but not Ignorant of the happenings in my country.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 12:25pm On Nov 13, 2021
Youtube Channels that helped me in gross steeplechase, histology steeplechase, Physiology and Biochemistry practical & steeplechase exams. It will help you as a Medic if you need help in any of the above courses embarassed smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZM0uP2VWk0

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrPresent(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
Medical Students, I have a question which I need your opinion on.

Would you advice a graduate already from a different field (Social Sciences) to go back to school and study Medicine if he desires it in this present Nigeria at the moment?

I did sciences back in high school (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and cleared all my papers (O Level).

1) What is it about Medicine that the world hides from ignorant people like us?

2) Is it worth studying plus the years?

3) Would you advice someone to come into the field?

Looking at what is happening in Nigeria, I don't know anymore.

I want to be in the Medical line but I'm just thinking about alot of things. A Medical Doctor in my area told me if he leaves Nigeria, he won't practice atall. He would go into further studies (Research).

I was at Lagos State College Of Nursing And Midwifery yesterday afternoon to make enquires on their Nursing forms. They told me forms are closed for this year. I should check back in January.

Should I consider Nursing instead? They said it's 3 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2021
MrPresent:

Would you advice a graduate already from a different field (Social Sciences) to go back to school and study Medicine if he desires it in this present Nigeria at the moment?

I did sciences back in high school (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and cleared all my papers (O Level).

I want to be in the Medical line but I'm just thinking about alot of things. A Medical Doctor in my area told me if he leaves Nigeria, he won't practice atall. He would go into further studies (Research).

I was at Lagos State College Of Nursing And Midwifery yesterday afternoon to make enquires on their Nursing forms. They told me forms are closed for this year. I should check back in January.

Chairman pls go for nursing , MBBS is 6 +x yrs ... remember you'll have to get a crazy jamb score and post utme to enter medical school which is quite challenging especially for someone who've left phy, chem, bio for some years.... note that it's also easier to migrate with nursing degree compare to MBBS degree as per say USMLE, PLAB is kinda costly and getting a residency is an utmost task.
This's my opinion tho... I'll prefer MBBS sha.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:

Nice one, Lunar dust right.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
Eben331:

Not everyone is studying or wants to MBBS/BDS because of the money. There are other reasons like job security, easy employment, passion, to mention a few

What is the difference.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
Lordsagna:

Chairman pls go for nursing , MBBS is 6 +x yrs ... remember you'll have to get a crazy jamb score and post utme to enter medical school which is quite challenging especially for someone who've left phy, chem, bio for some years.... note that it's also easier to migrate with nursing degree compare to MBBS degree as per say USMLE, PLAB is kinda costly and getting a residency is an utmost task.
That's not a degree nursing bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
nurain150:

That's not a degree nursing bro
I don't understand pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
Brightudom:
Good day, please I wanted to make an enquiry about admission into direct entry for medicine and surgery(preferably that of University of Uyo)...is Nysc discharged a criteria...i just finished from Medical physiology...

Hi
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hardeynhiyhi: 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
RuyiMedicDiary:
Youtube Channels that helped me in gross steeplechase, histology steeplechase, Physiology and Biochemistry practical & steeplechase exams. It will help you as a Medic if you need help in any of the above courses embarassed smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZM0uP2VWk0

You're actually doing well.... Wish you well in your path and pharm class

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 12:14am On Nov 14, 2021
hardeynhiyhi:

You're actually doing well.... Wish you well in your path and pharm class
Amen, thank you smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrPresent(m): 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lordsagna:

Thanks for your contribution and opinion. It is well received.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lordsagna:

I don't understand pls

Bachelor degree
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dontrulee: 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

You are a troll

Money no dey Medicine joor.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kabiruDK(m): 7:51am On Nov 15, 2021
dontrulee:

Money no dey Medicine joor.

We call it PROFESSION OF STRIKERs��������
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 9:22am On Nov 15, 2021
MrPresent:

. I would've loved to give u a piece of advice... But unfortunately I know nothing about the noble Nursing Profession.. I only know about MBBS as a 400L Medic(and a graduate of Human Anatomy).

If you don't have a strong drive for medicine, just forget about mbbs because your zeal will be tried and tested several times.

The studying just never ends, the stress never ends, the brain&emotional abuse just never ends, the feud between u and practical instructors, between you and other Medics (like nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, M.L. Scientists, Radiographers, etc) never ends, between you and Residents&Consultants never ends...

Everyone, literally everyone is against you as an mbbs student.

Even your fellow mbbs students compete with you for higher scores(and if you're not in top 10, they stigmatize. if you're in top ten but not in top 5, they stigmatize. if you're in top 5 but not top 3, they stigmatize. if you're in top 3 but not number 1, they stigmatize) Instead of helping you like a brother or a sister would do, they will rather hoard knowledge & hoard materials. If they have a material or information that will help others to pass well, they keep it to themselves.

Even your family and friends, Your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend, even inlaws that aren't in the mbbs struggle do not understand. They see you as anti social or lazy or too bookish or faking being busy. Etc.

The late nights and early mornings, the meagre salary you're paid(compared to the stress and number of years u put in).

If your Zeal isn't strong enough, you will be depressed and want to drop out.

So before u pick that form to go for mbbs, be prepared for all of the above and more wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrPresent(m): 10:22am On Nov 15, 2021
RuyiMedicDiary:
. I would've loved to give u a piece of advice... But unfortunately I know nothing about the noble Nursing Profession.. I only know about MBBS as a 400L Medic(and a graduate of Human Anatomy).

If you don't have a strong drive for medicine, just forget about mbbs because your zeal will be tried and tested several times.

The studying just never ends, the stress never ends, the brain&emotional abuse just never ends, the feud between u and practical instructors, between you and other Medics (like nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, M.L. Scientists, Radiographers, etc) never ends, between you and Residents&Consultants never ends...

Even your fellow mbbs students compete with you for higher scores(and if you're not in top 10, they stigmatize. if you're in top ten but not in top 5, they stigmatize. if you're in top 5 but not top 3, they stigmatize. if you're in top 3 but not number 1, they stigmatize) instead of helping you like a brother or a sister would do.

Even your family and friends, Your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend, even inlaws that aren't in the mbbs struggle do not understand. They see you as anti social or lazy or too bookish or faking being busy. Etc.

The late nights and early mornings, the meagre salary you're paid(compared to the stress and number of years u put in).

So before u pick that form to go for mbbs, be prepared for all of the above and more wink

Wow.. wow...this is so informative and enlightening. I have learnt alot from your contribution and words of advice.

Hmmm, It seems MBBS is not really easy. There is so much sacrifices involved that the world don't see atall. I'm glad to have known all this.

Your post will go a long way in helping me make my decision.

Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
RuyiMedicDiary:

Even your fellow mbbs students compete with you for higher scores(and if you're not in top 10, they stigmatize. if you're in top ten but not in top 5, they stigmatize. if you're in top 5 but not top 3, they stigmatize. if you're in top 3 but not number 1, they stigmatize) instead of helping you like a brother or a sister would do.

You rep which medical school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.